PDA

View Full Version : Rock on the Range/ Summer concert thread

FADERPROOF
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Summer concerts are always a delight, what bands is everyone seeing and where at?

Next weekend I'll be attending Rock on the Range at Columbus Crew Stadium , anyone going?

Saturday lineup(main stage):

Godsmack
3 Days Grace
Rise Against
Deftones
Papa Roach
Puddle of Mudd
Drowning Pool
Sevendust

Sunday lineup(main stage):
Limp Bizkit
Rob Zombie
Seether
Slash
Theory of a deadman
Bullet for my Valentine
5 Finger death Punch
Apolyptica

Los Broncos
05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Dam Deftones is playing! I've been a fan of them for years, looks like a great show with that lineup.

FADERPROOF
05-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Dam Deftones is playing! I've been a fan of them for years, looks like a great show with that lineup.

Heard their new CD? Its their best since white pony

Los Broncos
05-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Heard their new CD? Its their best since white pony

White pony was OK, the two older albums were best.

But no, I haven't heard it yet, guess I better get on the ball.

I'm going to Mayhem in July, good lineup there too.

OABB
05-15-2010, 10:52 PM

FADERPROOF
05-16-2010, 06:05 AM
White pony was OK, the two older albums were best.

But no, I haven't heard it yet, guess I better get on the ball.

I'm going to Mayhem in July, good lineup there too.

I might end up going to Mayhem festival, would have to drive for Pittsburgh for it though. Korn is worth the drive to me...

Los Broncos
05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I might end up going to Mayhem festival, would have to drive for Pittsburgh for it though. Korn is worth the drive to me...

It's going to fun, I plan on getting pretty drunk that day.

I miss the old Korn days tho.

Aftermath
05-16-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm going to rotr, been wanting to see deftones for years

RhymesayersDU
05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Fader you should turn this into a summer concert thread.

Upcoming shows this summer:
-Deftones
-ICP
-(hed)pe
-Limp Bizkit/Ice Cube

bombay
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Ronnie James Dio died this morning of stomach cancer.

RIP

FADERPROOF
05-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Fader you should turn this into a summer concert thread.

Upcoming shows this summer:
-Deftones
-ICP
-(hed)pe
-Limp Bizkit/Ice Cube

You need to be banned for mentioning ICP, haha.

If you like them thats cool, I just cant stand them.

FADERPROOF
05-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm going to rotr, been wanting to see deftones for years

They are really good, saw them a few years ago with atreyu and as I lay dying...they put on a good show.

Los Broncos
05-16-2010, 04:52 PM
And Hed Pe? I was a fan of them for years since 95, now they flat out suck.

Thier first album was good, it had longevity now it's all rap ****.

RhymesayersDU
05-16-2010, 04:56 PM
You need to be banned for mentioning ICP, haha.

If you like them thats cool, I just cant stand them.

Well the thing about that goes like this:
That was a high school phase that I grew out of in college. I used to have every CD shirt poster etc. Went to every concert (including their summer festival -- twice) and all that.

Like I said, I grew out of it. I loosley keep up with them... I mean ill download new stuff and give it an honest listen but I just don't feel it like I did when I was 17. I haven't seen them live in like 4-5 years. Anyways, it so happens that a weekend in June I will be in Las Vegas they're playing there at the same time. So it's going to be a nostalgic night for me. My friends think I'm nuts just like they did in high school. I'm actually really stoked.

RhymesayersDU
05-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Actually this is kind of an odd summer for me.

I've never heard a Deftones album, but my friends want to go so I'm going to go and have drinks and just do something different.

Hed PE I liked one album in high school (broke) but haven't heard any since. Same deal we're just going to do something we don't normally do.

Limp Bizkit I was never even a fan of truth be told. But I'm a huge Ice Cube fan and have never seen him live. That show should be fun.

FADERPROOF
05-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Well the thing about that goes like this:
That was a high school phase that I grew out of in college. I used to have every CD shirt poster etc. Went to every concert (including their summer festival -- twice) and all that.

Like I said, I grew out of it. I loosley keep up with them... I mean ill download new stuff and give it an honest listen but I just don't feel it like I did when I was 17. I haven't seen them live in like 4-5 years. Anyways, it so happens that a weekend in June I will be in Las Vegas they're playing there at the same time. So it's going to be a nostalgic night for me. My friends think I'm nuts just like they did in high school. I'm actually really stoked.

Me and you were seperated a birth, has to be the case.

In high school I was into them big time, even painted my face up like Shaggy for Halloween. I probably went 3 months straight of listening to nothing but the Great Milenko cd even, I was a fan.

Then got more into hard rock/metal and their gimmick just ran it's course to me. A show in Vegas would be badass though.

Deftones are really good, if you wanna check them out before you go I recommend downloading "digital bath" "my own summer" and "change", those seem to be their biggest radio hits.

RhymesayersDU
05-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah the show should be fun.

The only thing is, I have yet to decide if I'm going to full on hit the pit and get covered in Faygo or if I'm going to sit in the back and drink.

I really think I'll have the distinct honor of walking up to my hotel room soaked from head to toe. They're playing the HOB in Mandalay, which I'm staying at that night.

And thanks for the Deftones recommendations. I actually need to download some of them, I need to download any new (hed)pe stuff, and I should probably download whatever Limp's latest works is... I assume they're promoting a new disc. I need to get up to date before I go.

Also, if you have any inclination: Download ICP's "Bang Pow Boom" ... It actually has a few decent cuts. I like some of them, anyways.

jayman_37
05-16-2010, 06:26 PM
I went to Rockfest on Saturday in Kansas City and my favorite band there was Papa Roach. They were a good performance with good energy. It kind of sucked because it was 60 and raining the whole time, but still had a good performance from a couple of bands.

12th man
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
I"ll be going to the Mile High Music Festival again this year. Alot of good bands are in the line up this year. Dave Matthews is headlining and I'm stoked about that. Ive always wanted to see them live. One of, if not the best live band out there. Then Jack Johnson and also weezer will be there. those are the top three I want to see. Always been a huge fan of both. Then of course the steve miller band will be there too. slightly stupid and pheonix will show up.... Tim Reynolds is gonna have his own stage before he plays with dave matthews so I gotta catch that too. I cant' wait. If your into rap, atmosphere, nas, and cypriss hill will be there. Not my cup o tea though...

Just so many good artists there this year. well last year was good too. I just went to see incubus and tool. but yeah, I'm pumped.

Beantown Bronco
05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Dom told me that he and Taco had to take out 2nd mortgages, but they managed to get their hands on front row tix to Lady Gaga.

Smiling Assassin27
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Dangerous Toys at the Ramada Inn Eastside...

sportin' a woodie...

worm
05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Dom told me that he and Taco had to take out 2nd mortgages, but they managed to get their hands on front row tix to Lady Gaga.

Don't think it was that expensive for Dom. He is very close facebook friends with Lady Gaga.

Los Broncos
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Actually this is kind of an odd summer for me.

I've never heard a Deftones album, but my friends want to go so I'm going to go and have drinks and just do something different.

Hed PE I liked one album in high school (broke) but haven't heard any since. Same deal we're just going to do something we don't normally do.

Limp Bizkit I was never even a fan of truth be told. But I'm a huge Ice Cube fan and have never seen him live. That show should be fun.

Hed's best is thier first and second albums.

Churchs of realitys and their self titled album Hed Pe, Broke was OK as well as Blackout.

But the old stuff can't be beat

broncocalijohn
05-17-2010, 12:00 PM

Not sure if you are going to Blues fest in Doheny Beach next week, but the Deftones are playing the Weenie Roast June 5th.

Modern Rocker KROQ/Los Angeles has unveiled the lineup for its 2010 Weenie Roast festival, slated for Saturday, June 5 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. This year's edition of the annual station festival features (in alphabetical order): Against Me!, Cage The Elephant, Chevelle, Deftones, Devo, The Dirty Heads, Hole, Paramore, Passion Pit, Silversun Pickups, Spoon, Stone Temple Pilots, Sublime with Rome and The Temper Trap.

Hilighted are bands I want to see with Paramore is where I will be pissing or eating for 30 minutes. Temper Trap sounds like a cool 80s New Wave/Ro band and since I am almost 40, that is music to my ears. Here is my guess of who is playing as the secret, unannounced band. U2 is playing June 6th and 7th at Angels Stadium which is 20 minutes from Verizon Wireless (Irvine Meadows). I am almost certain they will be playing a 20 minute set and help sell out the 2nd show on the 7th. I will be going to one of those shows.

broncocalijohn
05-17-2010, 12:10 PM
I went to Rockfest on Saturday in Kansas City and my favorite band there was Papa Roach. They were a good performance with good energy. It kind of sucked because it was 60 and raining the whole time, but still had a good performance from a couple of bands.

No reason to mention "because" as you already stated you were in Kansas City. Nuff said.

BTW, why hasnt anyone mentioned Creed? Just dont go if you expect no one smoking pot or if you have trouble keeping your speed down while heading to the club.

Los Broncos
05-17-2010, 05:31 PM
I forgot about it John and now it's soldout, I'm sol.