PDA

View Full Version : New Robinhood Movie

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Such a let down...

Gladiator was the best movie ever, imo, so to have Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe teaming up in another epic movie format, I was soooo excited.

Doesnotdeliver/10

It's an okay movie... 2.5 hours long with probably 10 minutes of action and a total 30 minutes of content. The rest should've wound up on the editing cutting floor.

The Joker
05-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Gladiator was the best film ever?

Goddamn.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Gladiator was the best film ever?

Goddamn.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsqJFIJ5lLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsqJFIJ5lLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Joker
05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
That get you nice and wet Rev?

Nah, it's a thoroughly watchable film and all that but I don't think I've ever heard anyone put it even near a best films of all time list, so was just a surprise reading the post.

Have heard from a few people now that the new Robin Hood is a bit ****. Real pity that, and quite a feat to make a bad film when you have such wonderful material as your starting point.

I'll be kind of laughing at Ridley Scott is it turns out to be a flop to be honest, I read an interview a few months back with him and he came across as being a bit of a dick.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 06:22 PM
That get you nice and wet Rev?

Nah, it's a thoroughly watchable film and all that but I don't think I've ever heard anyone put it even near a best films of all time list, so was just a surprise reading the post.

Everyone of those people should be put to death then. :)

Archer81
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I prefer Black Hawk Down from Ridley Scott to Gladiator.

:Broncos:

Houshyamama
05-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Gladiator was the best movie ever

Hilarious!

It was good, but...

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Sigh... If that's what people want to take away from this thread, so be it.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 06:48 PM

So what did you like about Gladiator that makes it your best movie ever?

Houshyamama
05-14-2010, 06:51 PM

Don't worry bro, I have it at #2 right behind The Patriot.

extralife
05-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Ridley Scott has made the same movie about fifteen times. It sucked every time. I hope he chokes on the millions that inevitably come his way.

rmsanger
05-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Such a let down...

Gladiator was the best movie ever, imo, so to have Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe teaming up in another epic movie format, I was soooo excited.

Doesnotdeliver/10

It's an okay movie... 2.5 hours long with probably 10 minutes of action and a total 30 minutes of content. The rest should've wound up on the editing cutting floor.

Agreed, you and I would be great friends this is all I need to hear...

I'm so dissapointed this movie doesn't deliver.. I'm a fan of almost everything Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe and they are certainly epic when the team up together.

I guess I'll pass on the new movie and go to the drive in and watch date night/hot tub time machine then.

SoDak Bronco
05-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Gladitor is one of my favorite movies ever...Great action flic..I feel ya Rev.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I consider Braveheart, Gladiator and the Patriot as similar movies. I liked Gladiator and dont mind seeing it if its on TV, but I am not going to go out my way for it.

UberBroncoMan
05-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't know how people can't put Gladiator as one of the best. One of my favorite movies ever made too.

I've yet to see Robin Hood yet but I've heard similar sentiments.

Hopefully Ridley Scott can come back to glory with the Alien prequel.

Houshyamama
05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
I've seen Gladiator at least 6-7 times, love the movie. I wouldn't call it the best movie of all time. My favorite movie is Groundhog Day, but I realize it isn't the most significant work in the history of cinema.

Dukes
05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Well, you've just convinced me to see Iron Man 2 instead of Robin Hood. Thanks Rev.

McDman
05-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Braveheart > Gladiator.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 07:44 PM
So what did you like about Gladiator that makes it your best movie ever?

It's smart, action packed, and it's extremely well done. I don't think there's even been a movie that's delivered the hero/villain contrast as well. The General turned reluctant combatant with nothing left to lose against the sniveling, selfish, cowardly and traitorous emperor.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Braveheart > Gladiator.

If you like an extra hour of a love story, sure. Braveheart is one of my top 5 so I won't argue with your opinion.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I've seen Gladiator at least 6-7 times, love the movie. I wouldn't call it the best movie of all time. My favorite movie is Groundhog Day, but I realize it isn't the most significant work in the history of cinema.

So wait... you criticized me saying "Gladiator is the best movie ever, imo" (and conveniently chopped out the "in my opinion" part), only to fess up that Groundhog day is yours?

Gtfo...

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Well, you've just convinced me to see Iron Man 2 instead of Robin Hood. Thanks Rev.

It's not like.. awful. If you're bored, sure go see it. Definitely rent it to see for yourself at least... but yeah, Ironman 2 is in a different class. This was... well, without spoilers, the movie kinda ends where you want it to start...

rmsanger
05-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Braveheart > Gladiator.

Braveheart ending = ghey ... Gladiator Ending = Delivers

Crowe > Gibson as an epic hero

The Roman Empire was much more interesting and highly entertaining compared to kilt wearing scotts.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed Braveheart. Also Kingdom of Heaven, Glory, the Patriot, The Alamo, and Last of the Mohicans were solids movies as well.

The Postman = greatest flop of an epic style move.

Houshyamama
05-14-2010, 07:49 PM
So wait... you criticized me saying "Gladiator is the best movie ever, imo" (and conveniently chopped out the "in my opinion" part), only to fess up that Groundhog day is yours?

Gtfo...

Just dicking around. Said Groundhog day is my favorite, not the best film ever. I realize it's an opinion, just giving you a hard time.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM

The Roman Empire was much more interesting and highly entertaining compared to kilt wearing scotts.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed Braveheart. Also Kingdom of Heaven, Glory, the Patriot, The Alamo, and Last of the Mohicans were solids movies as well.

Last of the Mohicans is SOOOO good.

I'm a big Usual Suspects fan, though its a completely different style of movie.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Last of the Mohicans is a great flick. Last 10 minutes of the movie is just awesome.

ColoradoDarin
05-14-2010, 08:22 PM
It's smart, action packed, and it's extremely well done. I don't think there's even been a movie that's delivered the hero/villain contrast as well. The General turned reluctant combatant with nothing left to lose against the sniveling, selfish, cowardly and traitorous emperor.

Crowe was awesome and Joaquin Phoenix delivers one of the best villain performances ever.

So Rev, You like gladiator movies.... ever been in a Turkish prison?

McDman
05-14-2010, 09:47 PM

WTF are you talking about?? Braveheart has one of the most epic endings ever.

Play2win
05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Also, when Braveheart came out it didn't really have a predecessor, at least not recent and to the degree it brought it. It set the mold.

It was an outstanding achievement WHEN it came out, and it stands up over time (I have seen it over 20 times).

DHallblows
05-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I see Gladiator as what Braveheart should have been. Mel Gibson isn't who I want as the lead bad-ass actor, I want Russell Crowe.

ZONA
05-14-2010, 11:54 PM
I would say Gladiator is definitely a top 5 all time movie. It just kicked so much ass. Even Charles Barkley said "that's a damn good movie" when speaking of the film Gladiator.