PDA

View Full Version : Broncos claimed OG Stanley Daniels off waivers from the Packers.

HEAV
05-14-2010, 03:22 PM
The Broncos continue to stockpile offensive linemen.

The team signed Stanley Daniels off waivers today. Daniels was waived by Green Bay on Wednesday. Daniels, 25, has yet to play in an NFL game, but has spent time with the Jets, Rams and Packers.

At 6'4/320, Daniels projects as a better fit in the Broncos' new power scheme as opposed to Green Bay's zone-blocking system. The 25-year-old former undrafted free agent from Washington remains a 53-man roster long shot.

-----

Beefy! :thumbs:

Kaylore
05-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Still nervous about the Clady injury. I find myself hating anyone that plays pickup basketball now.

elsid13
05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Great more fat unproven linemen.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-14-2010, 03:49 PM

Yeah, why aren't we signing those athletic, all-pro free agents?

Oh, right. Because there aren't any.

Caveat Lector
05-14-2010, 03:50 PM
He'll be cutsville come the end of TC...

Paladin
05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

UberBroncoMan
05-14-2010, 04:14 PM

Flozell Adams?

:P had to do it.

cutthemdown
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Why would little roster moves to fill out TC create that impression to you? All teams go to camp with a ton of young unproven bodies they plan to beat to hell and then cut.

The negative vibes you spew are really a bummer man....Like dude...chill out and enjoy the Tebow. It's all Tebow. If you just pull your head out of your Tebow you would understand.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2010, 04:31 PM

Yeah because athletic fat lineman are just bypassing Denver all together and going elsewhere. Its like those Franchise QB's that are all over the market they are just being ignored by Denver.

Point being teams don't cut ties with good large lineman just like Franchise QB's.

So with the nature of Clady's injury and the lack of proven depth the team might as well stockpile fat unknowns and hope one of them can help cover for him.

I think pick up basketball should be penalized in pro sports just like performance enhancing drugs. It always jumps up and bites people.

DBroncos4life
05-14-2010, 04:36 PM

Really there two former Pro Bowl OG's unsigned right now that I know of.

Rohirrim
05-14-2010, 04:41 PM
The line drills will be fun to watch this camp. Lots of people fighting for jobs. I'm guessing the Broncos Dline comes out for the pre-season nice and warmed up.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Really there two former Pro Bowl OG's unsigned right now that I know of.

Wait so 31 other teams don't know what you know? Those OG's are unsigned for a reason.

DBroncos4life
05-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Wait so 31 other teams don't know what you know? Those OG's are unsigned for a reason.

Yeah I understand that. It's not like we just picked up a guy that never played a down for three teams right. I guess those three teams knew more then you or I. I'm not even saying we need the help, I flat out just commented on the fact that there are TWO former Pro Bowl OG's still available after he said there isn't any all pro players left out there. But hey lets jump on me because they maybe broken and flawed lol.

atomicbloke
05-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Still nervous about the Clady injury. I find myself hating anyone that plays pickup basketball now.

Whenever I think of the Broncos, this is the first thought that comes to my mind.