PDA

View Full Version : What Can We Realistically Expect From Knowshon This Year?

Captain 'Dre
05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Will Moreno be more of a "role" player this season, and less of a "feature back"?

His skill set just seems to lend itself to being a complementary weapon, rather than a primary one.

I could envision KM being used in passing packages, where he can find the space he needs to more effectively operate and put his elusiveness to better use.

I just don't see him as a "between-the-tackles" guy. He's more of a liability when used that way.

Killericon
05-14-2010, 03:23 PM
10000 yards passing, 3000 yards rushing, 112 combined touchdowns and 2 Superbowl rings.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 03:23 PM
275 car, 1200 yards, 10 tds. 30 rec, 400 yds, couple more TDs. His blitz pickup and late game durability should be better.

:Broncos:

BMarsh615
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I expect a breakout season from Knowshon. He was late getting into camp last year and then hurt his knee in the first regular season game. This year he will have an entire offseason to get into football shape and things should slow down for him in his second season.

Dagmar
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Primary back, breaks 1000 yards with a handful of games to spare.

Killericon
05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
275 car, 1200 yards, 10 tds. 30 rec, 400 yds, couple more TDs. His blitz pickup and late game durability should be better.

Seconded.

Captain 'Dre
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM
10000 yards passing, 3000 yards rushing, 112 combined touchdowns and 2 Superbowl rings.

The Raider Fan contingent has weighed in, I see. Ha!

ZONA
05-14-2010, 03:34 PM
We can expect the world, what we get could be a different story.

NYC Bronco
05-14-2010, 03:36 PM

Thirded. That is a realistic line.

bombay
05-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Depends entirely on the health and production of the o-line.

bronco militia
05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I expect 1400 yards and about 10 TD's

Kaylore
05-14-2010, 03:52 PM
With Orton he'll face a lot of stacked lines, especially with Marshall gone. If Clady comes back and the interior draftees pan out then we'll see some improvement. With Tebow, things could interesting.

The Joker
05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I do think that he's going to be a great short-yardage guy once we get some solid interior O-Line play.

I don't think he'll ever be the kind of guy who can take over a game and win it by himself, I just don't see that big play waiting to happen explosiveness in him, but I expect he'll be a solid contributor for us for years to come.

This year I'm expecting 1000 yards rushing, minimum, if he stays healthy. And if we get our blocking working down near the goal line he could push for near a dozen TD's.

Long term, if Tebow eventually becomes the starter then I think Moreno's value to the team could be enormous.

Smiling Assassin27
05-14-2010, 04:43 PM
In this system, 3k.

cutthemdown
05-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Moreno will get about 250 carries IMO. Maybe 300 if he stays healthy and plays every game. I think he can avg over 4 per carry and score about 7-10 rushing tds.

OABB
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
he will become a 5 tool player.

orange skier
05-14-2010, 05:30 PM
With Orton he'll face a lot of stacked lines, especially with Marshall gone. If Clady comes back and the interior draftees pan out then we'll see some improvement. With Tebow, things could interesting.

Yeah, Orton allows the D to stack the box. Not only does he lack the deep ball, but he has little mobility, and can't read defenses too well. The good news is he can't focus on Marshall on every play this year, and allow the opposing D to bring those delayed zone blitzes, that were absolutely killing Polumbus, and the rest of the line. When Harris went down, so did our running game. Elway, and Plummer and Cutler could roll out.......Orton has yet to really show anyone that ability. Tebow should be able to come in and those opposing backers will have to respect his ability to move, and his ability to go down field.

BlaK-Argentina
05-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I do think that he's going to be a great short-yardage guy once we get some solid interior O-Line play.

I don't think he'll ever be the kind of guy who can take over a game and win it by himself, I just don't see that big play waiting to happen explosiveness in him, but I expect he'll be a solid contributor for us for years to come.

This year I'm expecting 1000 yards rushing, minimum, if he stays healthy. And if we get our blocking working down near the goal line he could push for near a dozen TD's.

Long term, if Tebow eventually becomes the starter then I think Moreno's value to the team could be enormous.

I'll never understand why people say this. He's got all the potential in the world. You don't need to run it 80 yds untouched to "take over a game". He has the potential to take over a game in the same way TD used to, pounding the D into submission.

Those who say he can't run between the tackles should re-watch some games. He has that ability.

I expect big things... hopefully he comes through.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 06:28 PM
1050 yards rushing, 9 TDs, 10 fumbles, 48 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 3 picks, 1 sack, 11 pancake blocks, 3 holding penalties, 4 false starts, 800 yards passing with a 98.2 QB rating, 2 illegitimate children, and a basketball assist?

db56
05-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I like Knoshown, his production will improve with holes to run through and we should begin to understand next season why he was drafted so high..

SoCalBronco
05-14-2010, 06:49 PM

With Orton:
3.8 YPC
900 Rushing Yards
200 Recieving Yards
5 TD

With Quinn:
An STD

With Tebow:
5.0 YPC
1400 Rushing Yards
400 Recieving Yards
14 TD
A general aura of win and awesomeness

;D

Arkie
05-14-2010, 06:58 PM
1050 yards rushing, 9 TDs, 10 fumbles, 48 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 3 picks, 1 sack, 11 pancake blocks, 3 holding penalties, 4 false starts, 800 yards passing with a 98.2 QB rating, 2 illegitimate children, and a basketball assist?

That reminds me of this basketball style assist.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UjBxuO_vt-U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UjBxuO_vt-U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

UberBroncoMan
05-14-2010, 07:12 PM

I would actually take that.

oubronco
05-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Depends on if we sign Westbrook, then we have 3 good options and JJ so they will all be splitting carries and Buck probably starts

Bronco Boy
05-14-2010, 08:09 PM
This is a stupid question that is impossible to answer. He could get injured in preseason and be out for the year.

KipCorrington25
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
He needs to hold on to the ball.

Dukes
05-15-2010, 12:59 AM
He needs to hold on to the ball.

How many times did he fumble last year? 3 or 4?

TomServo
05-15-2010, 01:55 AM
he was healthy all year. and i didnt see him run away from or run over anyone. the No. 12 pick in Entire draft. Moreno is-was a BUST

TomServo
05-15-2010, 01:58 AM
look back. i said he was gonna be special. i was wrong. wasted no.1 pick. wasted no one $

Archer81
05-15-2010, 02:41 AM
he was healthy all year. and i didnt see him run away from or run over anyone. the No. 12 pick in Entire draft. Moreno is-was a BUST

He partially tore a knee ligament in training camp. Excuse him if his burst was not where it was supposed to be...

The Joker
05-15-2010, 05:35 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii242/TehVesti/Gifs/Stone-Cold.gif

Travesty of a post.

The Joker
05-15-2010, 05:45 AM
I'll never understand why people say this. He's got all the potential in the world. You don't need to run it 80 yds untouched to "take over a game". He has the potential to take over a game in the same way TD used to, pounding the D into submission.

Those who say he can't run between the tackles should re-watch some games. He has that ability.

I expect big things... hopefully he comes through.

I just don't see it.

I think he'll be a great guy for moving the chains and popping off 5 yards a carry and getting the tough yards when we really need them. I think he'll be a real weapon in terms of catching passes out of the backfield and getting first downs on 3rd and long. I think he'll be a very good pass blocker, which is a massive asset in a team that operates out of the shotgun so much.

But as a pure runner I just don't see that elite talent level that I see in guys like Peterson or Tomlinson.

Also McDaniels offense really isn't designed to have a feature back running for 150+ yards a game, which doesn't help his cause.

Obviously if I'm wrong and he ends up running for 1,800 yards and 20 TD's in a season then that'll be great, but I'm sorry I just don't think that's going to happen.

Captain 'Dre
05-15-2010, 06:07 AM
This is a stupid question that is impossible to answer. He could get injured in preseason and be out for the year.

The question isn't nearly as stupid as your response.

The question is "What Can We Realistically Expect?", not "What Are You Personally Guaranteeing and Betting Your Right Nut On?"

But thanks for playing.

Next!!!

Captain 'Dre
05-15-2010, 06:16 AM

I don't think he's a bust-- but I suspect he's more of a situational guy than an every down back.

Knowshon is outstanding in space, but doesn't have the speed to create space as a runner, which is why I suspect McFistie will use him more as a receiver out of the backfield.

Moreno getting single coverage by a LB or DB is a mismatch just waiting to be exploited.

db56
05-15-2010, 06:24 AM
I just don't see it.

I think he'll be a great guy for moving the chains and popping off 5 yards a carry and getting the tough yards when we really need them. I think he'll be a real weapon in terms of catching passes out of the backfield and getting first downs on 3rd and long. I think he'll be a very good pass blocker, which is a massive asset in a team that operates out of the shotgun so much.

But as a pure runner I just don't see that elite talent level that I see in guys like Peterson or Tomlinson.

Also McDaniels offense really isn't designed to have a feature back running for 150+ yards a game, which doesn't help his cause.

Obviously if I'm wrong and he ends up running for 1,800 yards and 20 TD's in a season then that'll be great, but I'm sorry I just don't think that's going to happen.

good post. I dont see him at the level of the backs you mentioned either but we should see some improvement if he can ever get to the second level which requires blocking. I watched all the games last season and I dont recall seeing all that many places to run, the oppositions D line was penetrating and pushing Weigman and whoever the LG was in the backfield. the outside run was successful early in the year, but when he couldnt run inside, everything collapsed..
Either way I like Knowshon, but I have to go with the last regimes view on backs, only take Barry Sanders type backs in the top 15. this was a "safe" investment imo...

Pat Bowlen
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM
It's pretty hilarious that you follow up this statement with, "But...."

We're doing our best here, but some of you are just very hard to please.

baja
05-15-2010, 12:52 PM
It's pretty hilarious that you follow up this statement with, "But...."

We're doing our best here, but some of you are just very hard to please.

I suggest you up date you picture Pat. That one makes you look like a gutless drunk. ;D