PDA

View Full Version : OT-In Wake of 'Boobquake,' Iranian Cleric Defends Earthquake-Promiscuity Link

Archer81
05-14-2010, 01:18 PM
TEHRAN, Iran -- A prominent hard-line Iranian cleric who said promiscuity and immodest dress cause earthquakes says God may be holding off on natural disasters in the West in order to let people sin more and consign themselves to hell.

Kazem Sedighi sparked widespread derision with his pronouncements in a prayer sermon last month linking earthquakes with women's dress.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Sedighi said in mid April. In a new sermon Friday, he has defended and elaborated on his claim.

Sedighi notes that some might ask why there aren't more earthquakes and storms striking Western nations that are "up to their necks" in immorality. He says the answer is that God allows some of those who "provoke His wrath" to continue sinning "so that they (eventually) go to the bottom of Hell."

In response to Sedighi's earlier comments, blogger Jennifer McCreight of Indiana had called on women to show as much cleavage as possible through a Facebook page aptly named Boobquake. Despite an earthquake that surprisingly did strike on April 26, the appointed day of Boobquake, McCreight remains convinced that cleavage doesn't cause quakes.

Meanwhile "saddened" by the frivolousness of Boobquake, a second Facebook group called for "Brainquake," a day for women to “show off their resumes, CVs, honors, prizes, and accomplishments.”

http://tinyurl.com/266ynqg

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/14/boobquake-cleric-defends-earthquake-promiscuity-link/?test=latestnews

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... Boobquake... or Brainquake?

Which to choose?

Lead on, mouse! :wiggle:

Los Broncos
05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Ah that photo brings back memories of Letha Weapons big mounds, to be young and in love.

Miss I.
05-14-2010, 01:27 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/1/17/633677495494014414-Boobies.jpg

feckin men, even the gay ones can't stop talking about them...don't get the big deal...geeze....;D

Killericon
05-14-2010, 01:50 PM
feckin men, even the gay ones can't stop talking about them...don't get the big deal...geeze....;D

I have 3 roommates, 2 female and one male, and I guarantee you that the one female roommate talks more about her (ample)cleavage in a week than I have about boobs in general in my entire life.

bronco militia
05-14-2010, 01:59 PM
just wait what happens when we unleash our weapons of ass destruction!

Miss I.
05-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I have 3 roommates, 2 female and one male, and I guarantee you that the one female roommate talks more about her (ample)cleavage in a week than I have about boobs in general in my entire life.

maybe she does. but given the insane amount of avatars not exactly showcasing the female brain on a board about football and a whole thread about the power of its mojo, it isn't us doing most of the talking as a general rule.

There was a line or something in Notting Hill where Julia Roberts asks Hugh Grant what the big deal is about them and of course it's played for humor, but to be honest I don't entirely get it.

I mean partially sure, but in the end it isn't like we spend all our time talking about your guys anatomy. I think guys are more obsessed with their penis then we are.

Liquid Courage
05-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Sounds a lot like the quacks here in the US that claim Hurricane Katrina was caused by New Orleans promiscuity. Just proves that ignorance and domineering knows no bounds.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 02:05 PM
maybe she does. but given the insane amount of avatars not exactly showcasing the female brain on a board about football and a whole thread about the power of its mojo, it isn't us doing most of the talking as a general rule.

There was a line or something in Notting Hill where Julia Roberts asks Hugh Grant what the big deal is about them and of course it's played for humor, but to be honest I don't entirely get it.

I mean partially sure, but in the end it isn't like we spend all our time talking about your guys anatomy. I think guys are more obsessed with their penis then we are.

I dont quite get it either. I mean, I am blinded sometimes by the power of giant mammaries...but they do nothing for me. Its like magnets...how the **** do they work?

And men (straight and gay) are all boderline obsessed with their junk. Its been there since day 1. A man's lifelong friend.

Rohirrim
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM

It's just one of the mysteries of men. Kind of like the sound of the flute to a cobra.

listopencil
05-14-2010, 03:53 PM

It depends on the woman how much they talk about penises. Some women (like you apparently) don't really bring it up in conversation so much. Other woman (I know of many) like to have conversations about them, and do it frequently.

As far as boobs go: They're nice. They're fun to look at and play with. They compliment the other curves on a woman's body nicely. It's also fun to have certain parts of a woman's body to be considered "taboo" to display too prominently. I actually enjoy the body of a woman in it's entirety though. I can become just as...interested...at the sight of a few glistening droplets of fresh sweat gently rolling down the side of a woman's neck for instance.

Killericon
05-14-2010, 04:02 PM

It's a mystery to us, too, but it's hardwired. It's not like we're attracted on an intellectual level. What people find "attractive" or "unattractive" is a generally confusing field to begin with.

Anyways, my point was that I'm not running around talking about boobs/having boobs as my avatar, and I'm a guy. Not all the same, us dudes.

P.S.

I really like the idea of God as waiting for people to sin so he can send them to hell.

http://sun-zoo.com/chinageeks/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/its-a-trap.jpg

bowtown
05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
God is the king of entrapment. He invented that ****.

Killericon
05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
God is the king of entrapment. He invented that ****.

Well, he invented everything, but I agree(I joke, I joke). The Old Testament comes across very much like a little kid holding a magnifying glass up to the sun, and focusing the light directly next to an ant, saying "DON'T MOVE TO THE SIDE, ANT, DON'T YOU DO IT!"

While avoiding a bible debate, I find this whole thing really funny.

cutthemdown
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
We should just market our religion based on the fact our hell isn't as bad or as easy to get sent to. How are Muslims fastest growing? There selling points stink.

Tombstone RJ
05-14-2010, 05:21 PM
http://tinyurl.com/266ynqg

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/14/boobquake-cleric-defends-earthquake-promiscuity-link/?test=latestnews

Hey, I'm up for a massive boob attack! :D

Ugly Duck
05-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Despite an earthquake that surprisingly did strike on April 26, the appointed day of Boobquake, McCreight remains convinced that cleavage doesn't cause quakes.

God works in mysterious ways. Coincidence that an earthquake happened right when those women intentionally got all cleavagey? I think not...

Miss I.
05-14-2010, 11:42 PM
It's a mystery to us, too, but it's hardwired. It's not like we're attracted on an intellectual level. What people find "attractive" or "unattractive" is a generally confusing field to begin with.

Anyways, my point was that I'm not running around talking about boobs/having boobs as my avatar, and I'm a guy. Not all the same, us dudes.

P.S.

I really like the idea of God as waiting for people to sin so he can send them to hell.

http://sun-zoo.com/chinageeks/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/its-a-trap.jpg

oh I don't think it's all men. It's unfair to entirely categorize anyone, though in this case there are times when guys do play to it. I've just had enough conversations where I was the only one trying to make eye contact (since their eyes were otherwise engaged, not easy to do) to wonder what the fascination was and figured I would jack the boob thread and ask.

and if God is waiting for us to sin for said passage to hell, I must have a first class ticket there. ;D

Blueflame
05-14-2010, 11:51 PM
God works in mysterious ways. Coincidence that an earthquake happened right when those women intentionally got all cleavagey? I think not...

If "showing cleavage" caused earthquakes, I'd probably be responsible for at least one or two. And to my knowledge I still have none to my credit so I highly doubt the veracity of this hypothesis.

Dukes
05-14-2010, 11:53 PM

Like this one? ;D

<-----------

Miss I.
05-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Like this one? ;D

<-----------

like what? I don't know what you mean. ;D

and like Blue said, if these things caused earthquakes, well there would be more. though interestingly my family is from CA, we are a buxom lot and there are a lot of earthquakes, hmmmm....:sunshine:

ghwk
05-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Men's attraction to boobs really just can't be adequately explained. It is such an autonomic reaction like breathing, we don't even think about it, it's just something that happens all day long. We don't plan it, prepare for it, or seek out the distraction, it just sneaks up on us and wins every time no matter the conversation we are in. Boobs are like Ninja, they never lose. :~ohyah!:

elsid13
05-15-2010, 08:00 AM
I bet Kazem Sedighi didn't get a lot action growing up.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Men's attraction to boobs really just can't be adequately explained. It is such an autonomic reaction like breathing, we don't even think about it, it's just something that happens all day long. We don't plan it, prepare for it, or seek out the distraction, it just sneaks up on us and wins every time no matter the conversation we are in. Boobs are like Ninja, they never lose. :~ohyah!:

so, the cleric IS right!

Ugly Duck
05-15-2010, 08:06 AM
If "showing cleavage" caused earthquakes, I'd probably be responsible for at least one or two. And to my knowledge I still have none to my credit so I highly doubt the veracity of this hypothesis.

Show us a pic... maybe you're not doing it right?

Popps
05-15-2010, 08:33 AM
So, cliffs...

-Men like boobs
-Muslims are bat-**** crazy
-Dorks put boob pics in their avatars
-Push-up bras cause earthquakes

HAT
05-15-2010, 08:34 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/22/633629130476003930-Cleavage.jpg

HILife
05-15-2010, 08:50 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/1/17/633677495494014414-Boobies.jpg

Mi gusta boobies!!

mkporter
05-15-2010, 09:24 AM
From a scientific standpoint, the link between the display of female breast tissue, and the shifting of the tectonic plates underlying.... the ... um ...what was I talking about?

DenverBrit
05-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Ask Yoda!! Ha!

Blueflame
05-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Show us a pic... maybe you're not doing it right?

Oh there are pics around... on tailgate threads and such... I've been to a few "OM Weekend" tailgates. :~ohyah!:

Blueflame
05-15-2010, 11:51 AM
From a scientific standpoint, the link between the display of female breast tissue, and the shifting of the tectonic plates underlying.... the ... um ...what was I talking about?

If I had bruises like that on my thigh, I think I'd be wearing dark pantyhose to hide 'em.

NYBronco
05-15-2010, 12:32 PM
So showing a little cleavage (or alot) and gawking at it is more of a sin then strapping a bomb on your ass and walking among groups of innocent men, women and children and blowing them all into orbit.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2010, 12:50 PM
So showing a little cleavage (or alot) and gawking at it is more of a sin then strapping a bomb on your ass and walking among groups of innocent men, women and children and blowing them all into orbit.

si

Ugly Duck
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM

In a cleavage country.... no one is innocent.

OABB
05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I think the attraction to boobs has a lot to do with women shoving them in our faces to get attention. The boob craze is made by women I think. Show me a smart woman and I go crazy. There is nothing hotter. I guess it's the rarity of it, you know, like 4leaf clovers. Boobs I can see when I watch 7 year olds in bikinis ungulating like whores at a dance recital or go on facebook for ten seconds. But a woman who is smart and cool, (Gina doesn't count in This tirade, you rock) is hard to find.

Archer81
05-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I think the attraction to boobs has a lot to do with women shoving them in our faces to get attention. The boob craze is made by women I think. Show me a smart woman and I go crazy. There is nothing hotter. I guess it's the rarity of it, you know, like 4leaf clovers. Boobs I can see when I watch 7 year olds in bikinis ungulating like whores at a dance recital or go on facebook for ten seconds. But a woman who is smart and cool, (Gina doesn't count in This tirade, you rock) is hard to find.

I equate this rant to trying to find another gay guy who enjoys sports for more than the gear...or doesnt lisp...or wear shirts that spell out bitch in rhinestones. Or think I should go with a faux hawk because they are so in right now...or watches Glee religiously or has a pride sticker anywhere on anything they own or does the weird head motion when they say oh no you didnt. Or wont drink beer because of the carbs.

A dude. Who likes other dudes but does dude things. Clearly it happened at least once because I exist.

OABB
05-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I equate this rant to trying to find another gay guy who enjoys sports for more than the gear...or doesnt lisp...or wear shirts that spell out b**** in rhinestones. Or think I should go with a faux hawk because they are so in right now...or watches Glee religiously or has a pride sticker anywhere on anything they own or does the weird head motion when they say oh no you didnt. Or wont drink beer because of the carbs.

A dude. Who likes other dudes but does dude things. Clearly it happened at least once because I exist.

yes. But those dudes aren't gay. They are just protecting their kids by having gay sex.

mkporter
05-15-2010, 10:54 PM
If I had bruises like that on my thigh, I think I'd be wearing dark pantyhose to hide 'em.

Sure, if you wanna be classy. This is Faith we are talking about, though. If any one can make bruises look good, it's her. Hot, but kinda skanky.

Miss I.
05-15-2010, 11:00 PM

well, I don't know I can agree to that. We've been socialized, both men and women to a certain idealized vision of masculinity and femininity. women have been taught both by experience and discussion that men are into sex, sports, sex, alcohol, sex. And that you all have thoughts about sex every 10 seconds or so. we've also been taught both my images, other people and other sources that women should be thin, but busty and do whatever it is to make her man happy. now is that a stereotype that everyone fits? Of course it is a stereotype, but not everybody fits it. A lot of the guys on here seem to though, but it is the internet and the one truth above all else is that people are full of crap (literally and figuratively) so who knows what anyone really thinks.

as for the original post, I find it interesting women's cleavage is the blame for seducing men, when as someone else mentioned, God made it so how can it be evil? and not only that men can say no. nobody's forcing them to act on temptation. But the blame the woman argument is hardly a new one, I believe there's a little story about an apple some woman fed to a man and how it was her fault the fall from the Garden, though since she was tempted by a serpent, seems to me men are to blame or at least ya know the serpent. ;D

OABB
05-15-2010, 11:13 PM
well, I don't know I can agree to that. We've been socialized, both men and women to a certain idealized vision of masculinity and femininity. women have been taught both by experience and discussion that men are into sex, sports, sex, alcohol, sex. And that you all have thoughts about sex every 10 seconds or so. we've also been taught both my images, other people and other sources that women should be thin, but busty and do whatever it is to make her man happy. now is that a stereotype that everyone fits? Of course it is a stereotype, but not everybody fits it. A lot of the guys on here seem to though, but it is the internet and the one truth above all else is that people are full of crap (literally and figuratively) so who knows what anyone really thinks.

as for the original post, I find it interesting women's cleavage is the blame for seducing men, when as someone else mentioned, God made it so how can it be evil? and not only that men can say no. nobody's forcing them to act on temptation. But the blame the woman argument is hardly a new one, I believe there's a little story about an apple some woman fed to a man and how it was her fault the fall from the Garden, though since she was tempted by a serpent, seems to me men are to blame or at least ya know the serpent. ;D

I never said boobs were evil. All I'm trying to say is that I'm sick of women blaming men for only caring about their boobies when it's your fault for not being more interesting than them.

I like boobs, but they are a whole lot better when attached to a working brain stem. Do you know how frustrating it is to always hear this from women as they are shoving their boobs in your face? It's maddening.

Miss I.
05-15-2010, 11:17 PM
I never said boobs were evil. All I'm trying to say is that I'm sick of women blaming men for only caring about their boobies when it's your fault for not bing more interesting than them.

I like boobs, but they are a whole lot better when attached to a working brain stem.

I didn't say you did think they were evil, that was the implication of the original article.

And I agree, a working brain stem is the sexiest thing. Stupid men are not a turn on. I have three things I actually care about in a guy: be funny, be smart, be kind.

And I am so more interesting than my boobs, though those are okay too, I don't dislike them.

OABB
05-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I didn't say you did think they were evil, that was the implication of the original article.

And I agree, a working brain stem is the sexiest thing. Stupid men are not a turn on. I have three things I actually care about in a guy: be funny, be smart, be kind.

And I am so more interesting than my boobs, though those are okay too, I don't dislike them.

Which is why you were excluded from my psycho rant. I'm sorry it just that my mother and three older sisters are all feminists and just about the most sexist people in the world. I just get a bit reactive sometimes. But it's hard not to be when the women nowadays think sex in the city is a way of life and not just some horribly written tv show.

Miss I.
05-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Which is why you were excluded from my psycho rant. I'm sorry it just that my mother and three older sisters are all feminists and just about the most sexist people in the world. I just get a bit reactive sometimes. But it's hard not to be when the women nowadays think sex in the city is a way of life and not just some horribly written tv show.

I'm not upset and I enjoy this conversation. There's room for balance in everything. I do think women are in much better positions than we used to be, but there are still nagging things like religion that continue to put women as the fault for things that are not solely on them and rape is still pretty difficult to prove. I've read enough and been in enough conversations that while we've come along way from women are property and you can do what you like, rape is still something people almost inevitably blame women for (she dressed inappropriately, drank too much) and is muddied by the celebrity cases when there's an association of money or publicity seeking. Women are almost damned if they do or don't prosecute. It's still not easy because it is a he said she said unless there's enough physical proof, and even then slandering the character always works.

As for Sex and the City, this is my take because I enjoy some of the show, but it isn't exactly deep (the characters are archetypes as they are in a lot of shows). It is really the first show that allows women to talk about sex openly, it opened conversations within women to address things we never really did talk about before that (though shows like Maude, Golden Girls, Designing Women and Murphy Brown opened the door for them) Most women are not comfortable talking about sex as a general rule, but watching this show allowed a way to do that because it could be couched in an episode of the show. Is it the best show ever, no, my favorite at the moment is Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Veronica Mars (both characters who are strong, have sex, but their primary focus is not on that specifically).

OABB
05-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm not upset and I enjoy this conversation. There's room for balance in everything. I do think women are in much better positions than we used to be, but there are still nagging things like religion that continue to put women as the fault for things that are not solely on them and rape is still pretty difficult to prove. I've read enough and been in enough conversations that while we've come along way from women are property and you can do what you like, rape is still something people almost inevitably blame women for (she dressed inappropriately, drank too much) and is muddied by the celebrity cases when there's an association of money or publicity seeking. Women are almost damned if they do or don't prosecute. It's still not easy because it is a he said she said unless there's enough physical proof, and even then slandering the character always works.

As for Sex and the City, this is my take because I enjoy some of the show, but it isn't exactly deep (the characters are archetypes as they are in a lot of shows). It is really the first show that allows women to talk about sex openly, it opened conversations within women to address things we never really did talk about before that (though shows like Maude, Golden Girls, Designing Women and Murphy Brown opened the door for them) Most women are not comfortable talking about sex as a general rule, but watching this show allowed a way to do that because it could be couched in an episode of the show. Is it the best show ever, no, my favorite at the moment is Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Veronica Mars (both characters who are strong, have sex, but their primary focus is not on that specifically).

Buffy is the strongest woman character I have ever seen. It does much more for woman than a dried up cougar with lame one liners and multiple stds. I think all real men want a real woman, and that is why the feminist movement has failed IMO. Woman may be making better money and may have better jobs, but talking about sex does not make them more interesting.

I always appreciated women for being subtle, and now they act like children that get to swear when their parents are away and think it's cool and part of the equal rights movemet to say cock and sleep around.

Basically they have turned into 13 year old boys and the power of a real woman is being taught less and less. And on top of it, most of the time it really is just about putting men down if you really pay attention To it.

I guess I would love more Buffy and less Samantha.

And I never blame a woman for rape unless she is wearing daisy dukes and licking on a lollipop. That's just asking for it really.

Miss I.
05-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Buffy is the strongest woman character I have ever seen. It does much more for woman than a dried up cougar with lame one liners and multiple stds. I think all real men want a real woman, and that is why the feminist movement has failed IMO. Woman may be making better money and may have better jobs, but talking about sex does not make them more interesting.

I always appreciated women for being subtle, and now they act like children that get to swear when their parents are away and think it's cool and part of the equal rights movemet to say cock and sleep around.

Basically they have turned into 13 year old boys and the power of a real woman is being taught less and less. And on top of it, most of the time it really is just about putting men down if you really pay attention To it.

I guess I would love more Buffy and less Samantha.

And I never blame a woman for rape unless she is wearing daisy dukes and licking on a lollipop. That's just asking for it really.

okay, I get that sex is too overt. That's why I prefer certain films where it is more implied than explicit.

But you are generalizing by saying feminism has mainly empowered women to put down men. Some women do that, but that's because they don't understand what feminism is about. to me at least, it's about enjoying being a woman, having a sense of independence of identity separate from your relationships, but that does not isolate you from those relationships. Overall I tend to embrace more secular humanist ideologies in conjunction with some of feminism.

I liked Sex and the city because it allowed me to feel it was okay for women to enjoy sex too. You would think that would be common sense, but it's not. Plus it isn't like being raised Catholic I was ever taught more than, wait until you get married. Do I think we should talk about sex all the time, no, but I think it shouldn't be a taboo topic either. Sex is best with someone you genuinely connect with and care about and can as needed discuss it honestly.

Archer81
05-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Boobs.

The cause and solution to all of life's problems.

http://tinyurl.com/293gmd7

OABB
05-16-2010, 12:04 AM
okay, I get that sex is too overt. That's why I prefer certain films where it is more implied than explicit.

But you are generalizing by saying feminism has mainly empowered women to put down men. Some women do that, but that's because they don't understand what feminism is about. to me at least, it's about enjoying being a woman, having a sense of independence of identity separate from your relationships, but that does not isolate you from those relationships. Overall I tend to embrace more secular humanist ideologies in conjunction with some of feminism.

I liked Sex and the city because it allowed me to feel it was okay for women to enjoy sex too. You would think that would be common sense, but it's not. Plus it isn't like being raised Catholic I was ever taught more than, wait until you get married. Do I think we should talk about sex all the time, no, but I think it shouldn't be a taboo topic either. Sex is best with someone you genuinely connect with and care about and can as needed discuss it honestly.

this is beautiful.... Sadly, you aren't common in my world. I imagine many men feel more like I do. I understand everything you said and it gives me hope that my sexist and irrational generalizations are misguided, even if only for a minute or two.

Minutes up.... Now answer me this, why are you so smart, much to smart to be female. are you post operative?

broncocalijohn
05-16-2010, 12:06 AM
It's just one of the mysteries of men. Kind of like the sound of the flute to a cobra.

arent we kinda talking about skin flute?

broncocalijohn
05-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I never said boobs were evil. All I'm trying to say is that I'm sick of women blaming men for only caring about their boobies when it's your fault for not being more interesting than them.

I like boobs, but they are a whole lot better when attached to a working brain stem. Do you know how frustrating it is to always hear this from women as they are shoving their boobs in your face? It's maddening.

Sometimes you just need to tell those women to stop having their boobs staring at your eyes.

Archer81
05-16-2010, 12:13 AM
arent we kinda talking about skin flute?

An art that takes a lifetime of practice.

Florida_Bronco
05-16-2010, 12:14 AM

You're talking too much. Post a pic of your boobs so we can get this thread back on topic. ;)

Blueflame
05-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Sure, if you wanna be classy. This is Faith we are talking about, though. If any one can make bruises look good, it's her. Hot, but kinda skanky.

Actually the lady looks like Eliza Dushku to me... :)

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 02:26 AM
this is beautiful.... Sadly, you aren't common in my world. I imagine many men feel more like I do. I understand everything you said and it gives me hope that my sexist and irrational generalizations are misguided, even if only for a minute or two.

Minutes up.... Now answer me this, why are you so smart, much to smart to be female. are you post operative?

You just want a big ole ass kicking don't ya? No, not post op. I just think you are jaded. There are lots of women who are smart and funny and think to some degree like I do. A lot of them are on this board actually. I was just raised to be be kind to people, to believe there was nothing I couldn't do if I just set my mind to it (regardless of gender) and to value education.

now as to showing pics of my boobs (florida bronco), I would not want to start an earthquake nor draw men into temptation and be the cause of their downfall. ;D

ghwk
05-16-2010, 07:46 AM
You just want a big ole ass kicking don't ya? No, not post op. I just think you are jaded. There are lots of women who are smart and funny and think to some degree like I do. A lot of them are on this board actually. I was just raised to be be kind to people, to believe there was nothing I couldn't do if I just set my mind to it (regardless of gender) and to value education.

now as to showing pics of my boobs (florida bronco), I would not want to start an earthquake nor draw men into temptation and be the cause of their downfall. ;D

Well being the altruistic individual that I am, I'd be willing to take one for the team here....:wave:

mkporter
05-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Actually the lady looks like Eliza Dushku to me... :)

Eliza who? Does this "Eliza" also kill vampires? :thumbs:

Paladin
05-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Notice that the NW area of Pakistan - or that forsaken country in general - has a very poor record on educating women. In the wejerk'nstand area, only three percent of the women are literate, and Pakistan as a whole is quite lacking. Cut to Bangladesh. They made a strong effort to make education available to women. The result is that Bangaladesh is becoming much more civilized and prosperous than the whole of Pakistan. I consider Pakistan to be a bottom feeder of a country, not much more advanced than Afghanistan, the backwater of that part of the world.....

In the whole of the ME, you can see the continual oppression of the female population. Where women enjoy the same freedoms as men - indeed where mothers are honored - the health and vitality of the nation is strong and prospserous.

While the males of the speciies fight, fert, fug, flop and preen themselves as the "stronger gender", women actually make the nests, build relationships with neighbors, train the next generation, and inspire decency and combat moral decay. Men live in visions of soft porn and dreams of inencumbered carnal conquests and threaten to break out in pi$$ing contests at the drop of a teabag.

Worse, they tend to do stupid things like cavort naked with plastic lobsters.

OABB
05-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Notice that the NW area of Pakistan - or that forsaken country in general - has a very poor record on educating women. In the wejerk'nstand area, only three percent of the women are literate, and Pakistan as a whole is quite lacking. Cut to Bangladesh. They made a strong effort to make education available to women. The result is that Bangaladesh is becoming much more civilized and prosperous than the whole of Pakistan. I consider Pakistan to be a bottom feeder of a country, not much more advanced than Afghanistan, the backwater of that part of the world.....

In the whole of the ME, you can see the continual oppression of the female population. Where women enjoy the same freedoms as men - indeed where mothers are honored - the health and vitality of the nation is strong and prospserous.

While the males of the speciies fight, fert, fug, flop and preen themselves as the "stronger gender", women actually make the nests, build relationships with neighbors, train the next generation, and inspire decency and combat moral decay. Men live in visions of soft porn and dreams of inencumbered carnal conquests and threaten to break out in pi$$ing contests at the drop of a teabag.

Worse, they tend to do stupid things like cavort naked with plastic lobsters.

Do you see what I mean Miss I? This is the **** im talking about. "combat moral decay". It's like men have done nothing in history excet hump and kill. It's so lame.

At leat you guys just get blamed for earthquakes.

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Do you see what I mean Miss I? This is the **** im talking about. "combat moral decay". It's like men have done nothing in history excet hump and kill. It's so lame.

At leat you guys just get blamed for earthquakes.

did you note the reference to Rev and his lobster at the end. And I am not certain how this article pertains to the women slamming men thing. A woman didn't post it unless I am mistaken.

And to be fair, in the history of the world, men have had most of the power. Have they done good stuff. sure they have and you do see that in history books too. But they've also done a lot of crap. Women have been painted as whores and all manner of things too. It's all in how we react to it. we can either bitch and whine about it or just improve the world by being better ourselves.

OABB
05-16-2010, 10:47 AM
did you note the reference to Rev and his lobster at the end. And I am not certain how this article pertains to the women slamming men thing. A woman didn't post it unless I am mistaken.

And to be fair, in the history of the world, men have had most of the power. Have they done good stuff. sure they have and you do see that in history books too. But they've also done a lot of crap. Women have been painted as whores and all manner of things too. It's all in how we react to it. we can either b**** and whine about it or just improve the world by being better ourselves.

I know it wasn't posted by a women. That doesn't matter. Men are all buying into the guilt thing now. And yes we have been in charge for most of history and will contnue to be. That's what we are. When women have been in power they have gone to war just as much. Elizabeth, thatcher, etc...

I just think people should stop putting judgements on our history. War is not always a terrible thing. Killing is justified alot of the time. And women can be whores. And sex in The city sucks!

Tombstone RJ
05-16-2010, 10:49 AM

And to be fair, in the history of the world, men have had most of the power. Have they done good stuff. sure they have and you do see that in history books too. But they've also done a lot of crap. Women have been painted as whores and all manner of things too. It's all in how we react to it. we can either b**** and whine about it or just improve the world by being better ourselves.

less talk, more boobs

Tombstone RJ
05-16-2010, 11:04 AM
less mind numbing blabber and more earth shattering cleavage, please...

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 11:05 AM
I know it wasn't posted by a women. That doesn't matter. Men are all buying into the guilt thing now. And yes we have been in charge for most of history and will contnue to be. That's what we are. When women have been in power they have gone to war just as much. Elizabeth, thatcher, etc...

I just think people should stop putting judgements on our history. War is not always a terrible thing. Killing is justified alot of the time. And women can be whores. And sex in The city sucks!

Life is about Judgement to a degree, the reason history is important to study is so we can learn from the stupid crap we did in the past and that does require a judgment or analysis of some type. On the other hand, continuous apologies for the past is also useless and not healthy. Sometimes killing is justified. People had to die so America could become a country, etc. As for women being whores, yes well men can be too, yet they are never called whores (instead studs), at worst they are man whores which is asinine because whore is not gender specific, it is about selling oneself for money so a man should be just a whore, not a man whore, but whore has become intrinsically linked to the feminine which is crap. And Sex and the City is what it is, I didn't ask you to like it. Now I am done.

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 11:06 AM
less mind numbing blabber and more earth shattering cleavage, please...

They have free websites for that kind of thing you know. :curtsey:

Tombstone RJ
05-16-2010, 11:11 AM
They have free websites for that kind of thing you know. :curtsey:

again with the talk? woman, get yee undressed!

OABB
05-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Life is about Judgement to a degree, the reason history is important to study is so we can learn from the stupid crap we did in the past and that does require a judgment or analysis of some type. On the other hand, continuous apologies for the past is also useless and not healthy. Sometimes killing is justified. People had to die so America could become a country, etc. As for women being whores, yes well men can be too, yet they are never called whores (instead studs), at worst they are man whores which is asinine because whore is not gender specific, it is about selling oneself for money so a man should be just a whore, not a man whore, but whore has become intrinsically linked to the feminine which is crap. And Sex and the City is what it is, I didn't ask you to like it. Now I am done.

Men aren't called whores because women don't pay to have sex with them. That's why they are studs, because they get it for free. When he is paid for it, is nothing more than a common whore. I agree with you there. As for women who get laid for free, they are studs. My wife has slept with ten times as many partners than me. She is not a whore to me because she offers so much more than just that.

A whore is a woman that offers nothing but her body. I just find that sad and a waste of a soul and brain.

I think this is why men call women whores and treat them like second class citizens...because some of them are. When a proud and smart and strong women stands up she is instantly accepted as one of the guys.bloom at you here.

Brewer
05-16-2010, 11:34 AM

This, from a woman whose avatar is a pic of yoda breast feeding on Princess Leia? ROFL!

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 11:47 AM
This, from a woman whose avatar is a pic of yoda breast feeding on Princess Leia? ROFL!

Actually that was more about the play on the religious imagery, but I did take it down and then someone took it all personal so I put it back up. ;D

okay and someone wanted pics, less chatter...okay, but you did ask for it.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/2380205010_6ee9ea983f.jpg

Tombstone RJ
05-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Actually that was more about the play on the religious imagery, but I did take it down and then someone took it all personal so I put it back up. ;D

so you're a guy? bummer...

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 11:52 AM
so you're a guy? bummer...

Never said it had to be a picture of me. you just requested cleavage.

Tombstone RJ
05-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Never said it had to be a picture of me. you just requested cleavage.

see, this is why I have a hard time understanding women. they are always playing mind games...

:yayaya:

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 12:14 PM
see, this is why I have a hard time understanding women. they are always playing mind games...

:yayaya:

well, it is difficult to play without one. :twokisses

ghwk
05-16-2010, 12:26 PM

That's not exactly what I meant when I said I would take one for the team...:rofl:

Los Broncos
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Come on Miss I shows us the goods :welcome:

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Come on Miss I shows us the goods :welcome:

well you asked...
http://archive.eso.org/archive/adp/GOODS/FORS2_spectroscopy_v3.0/goodslogo_rgb_smaller.jpg

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 12:37 PM
or did you mean these?

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/trailer-goods.jpg

Florida_Bronco
05-16-2010, 12:42 PM

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Blueflame
05-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Eliza who? Does this "Eliza" also kill vampires? :thumbs:

Dunno about vampires, but shes' a very cute actress. Seems to me that someone (maybe FADERPROOF) had quite a crush on her a while back. :)

listopencil
05-16-2010, 02:02 PM
now as to showing pics of my boobs, I would not want to start an earthquake nor draw men into temptation and be the cause of their downfall. ;D

It's ok, I don't have very far to fall. It won't hurt me.

Paladin
05-16-2010, 03:31 PM

"Guilt thing" your arse! Upi just needed more suckling time when you were wee.

A culture that values the contributions of its women is far more advanced nowadays. And I assure you I am a fully equipped, functioning father of three...... Don't be hating on the women, son, they have saved your arse collectively in this Country more than several times.......

Paladin
05-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Put a picture of yourself up, and that will be the first boob you can gaze at......

Florida_Bronco
05-16-2010, 03:34 PM
It's ok, I don't have very far to fall. It won't hurt me.

I'll set up a safety net down here at the bottom for you, just in case.

mkporter
05-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Dunno about vampires, but shes' a very cute actress. Seems to me that someone (maybe FADERPROOF) had quite a crush on her a while back. :)

She's easy on the eyes alright. She was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer for several seasons. Played a troubled/slutty vampire slayer. It was as good as it sounds.

Miss I.
05-16-2010, 10:15 PM
She's easy on the eyes alright. She was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer for several seasons. Played a troubled/slutty vampire slayer. It was as good as it sounds.

Indeed, Ms. Eliza Dushku (think I spelled that right) played Faith, Vampire Slayer gone bad on Buffy and Angel (for a couple of cross over episodes). She was good on that, but of course I love that show so I might be biased. My favorite character was probably Spike. I haven't seen Dollhouse, but I hear that's good. She was also in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back and I think some horror movie called Wrong Turn? Not sure. I do wonder where Sarah Michelle Gellar has gone, seems she hasn't been around as of late. anyway, I liked the show because it was pretty pro-female empowerment, ladies who can take care of themselves, it's nice to see.

Blueflame
05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Indeed, Ms. Eliza Dushku (think I spelled that right) played Faith, Vampire Slayer gone bad on Buffy and Angel (for a couple of cross over episodes). She was good on that, but of course I love that show so I might be biased. My favorite character was probably Spike. I haven't seen Dollhouse, but I hear that's good. She was also in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back and I think some horror movie called Wrong Turn? Not sure. I do wonder where Sarah Michelle Gellar has gone, seems she hasn't been around as of late. anyway, I liked the show because it was pretty pro-female empowerment, ladies who can take care of themselves, it's nice to see.

Clearly I'm not much of a Buffy/Angel aficionado... :)

mkporter
05-16-2010, 11:03 PM

She also had a show called Tru Calling, which was okay, but it did have Zach Galifianakis well before he hit it big. Dollhouse was pretty hit or miss. I liked the concept, but honestly, Ms Dushku doesn't really have the acting chops to base that kind of show around. Some of the storylines were awesome, and of course the supporting characters were great, and the show was well written. Joss Whedon is definitely all about the female empowerment. Did you watch Firefly?

Los Broncos
05-16-2010, 11:05 PM
well you asked...
http://archive.eso.org/archive/adp/GOODS/FORS2_spectroscopy_v3.0/goodslogo_rgb_smaller.jpg

Close!

Archer81
05-16-2010, 11:40 PM
or did you mean these?

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/trailer-goods.jpg

Male goods or female goods? Im unclear on the rules.
mod note: pic is probably NSFW
http://tinyurl.com/26uowaw