PDA

View Full Version : Tebow is a home run hitter

dbfan21
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
...literally.

Even though most of the top athletes in the country are multi-talented, they mostly concentrate on one sport these days. Gone are the times of Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson where a guy would pick up his bat and glove down one day and strap on the pads the next. Clemson quarterback and slugger Kyle Parker could follow in their footsteps but heíll probably end up playing professional baseball and giving up football. The point is that even though many of these athletes are well-rounded, we only know about one side of them for the most part. Thatís why it was so spectacular to see Saints quarterback Drew Brees belt home runs in a charity softball game; we just donít get treated to the other side very often. Well apparently football hero Tim Tebow has a baseball side too.

Tim Tebow has been in Memphis trying to train for his upcoming football season. Heís been working out at a local Memphis high school to avoid drawing huge crowds and he even took batting practice with the Memphis University School baseball team one day. How did he do? Well the Memphis Commercial Appeal says Tebow hit 12 of the 15 pitches out. Wow. I figured Tebow would have good power at the plate, but to have the coordination to drop 12 of 15 bombs without even playing regularly? Thatís impressive. I donít think Tebow will be a successful NFL quarterback but I have plenty more respect for him as an athlete now.

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/tim-tebow-batting-practice-home-runs/18282

Just another Tebow story to add to the hype! Have a great weekend folks!!

Dagmar
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
http://thewholegardenwillbow.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/tebow-comic.jpg

Seriously, is there anything this guy can't do?

Kaylore
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Why do all these writers have these articles praising Tebow, and then the second to last sentence is invariably "I don't think Tebow will be a good QB in the NFL." It's like every statement made about Tebow either starts or ends with "While I don't think Tebow will succeed....(insert glowing review)" or "(insert some high praise of his character, work ethic, leadership, athleticism)...but I don't think he'll make it in the pros."

Why waste the time one way or the other? And why put that in? It just makes the person look like a moron.

DomCasual
05-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Of course he is!

Smiling Assassin27
05-14-2010, 10:27 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oca5drfchII&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oca5drfchII&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LRtagger
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Why do all these writers have these articles praising Tebow, and then the second to last sentence is invariably "I don't think Tebow will be a good QB in the NFL." It's like every statement made about Tebow either starts or ends with "While I don't think Tebow will succeed....(insert glowing review)" or "(insert some high praise of his character, work ethic, leadership, athleticism)...but I don't think he'll make it in the pros."

Why waste the time one way or the other? And why put that in? It just makes the person look like a moron.

You should have heard the dude on Tampa's AM sports talk radio say that it made him angry that Tebow turned down the endorsement deals he was offered.

He said "God presented these 6 figure deals for Tim, who is he to turn them down? It's not like filming a commercial here or there is going to interrupt his training. Knowing what I make it pisses me off that he is turning down offers from large companies"... Something to that effect.

I couldn't believe it.

Smiling Assassin27
05-14-2010, 10:43 AM
The second he does one, this same putz will be all over Tim for being a whore, who's just trying to cash in because he knows he won't be able to succeed as an NFL qb.

OABB
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
that's not what his dates say.

baja
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Can't find the Name Tebow thread but I have his perfect nick name;

wait for it....

Leatherhead

bowtown
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
can he do a backflip out of a pool?

baja
05-14-2010, 11:08 AM
It's perfect.

BMF Bronco
05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
can he do a backflip out of a pool?

Of course he can, he walks on water doesn't he? :thumbs:

gtown
05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Drew Brees hit two homeruns from both sides of the plate in a charity softball game. Drew Brees is a Super Bowl champ. Spooky!

Rohirrim
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM

I agree completely. Tebow is simply the most extraordinary person alive. We are lucky to be living during his time on Earth. He truly is an inspiration, even if he doesn't make it in the NFL.

Circle Orange
05-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Drew Brees hit two homeruns from both sides of the plate in a charity softball game. Drew Brees is a Super Bowl champ. Spooky!

Kyle Boller can throw a seventy yard bomb from his knees!

Pseudofool
05-18-2010, 09:04 PM

Journalists are unabashedly running with the story (or sensational gossip if you prefer), rather than actual analysis or journalistic news--so they're simply covering their shamelessly unanalytical asses.

Kaylore
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Journalists are unabashedly running with the story (or sensational gossip if you prefer), rather than actual analysis or journalistic news--so they're simply covering their shamelessly unanalytical asses.

I guess that's true, but it really makes them look like complete tools.

baja
05-18-2010, 09:26 PM

For the same reason TV cable news shows over and over the young dancing girls while screaming pedophiles will watch this......

Regular news doesn't work anymore it has to be sensationalized.

watermock
05-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Noone guessed we would go 6-0. Alot of that offense is gone.

Orton is going to be killed. Then Quinn.

Inset Tebow.

baja
05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
<B>Noone guessed we would go 6-0.</b> Alot of that offense is gone.

Orton is going to be killed. Then Quinn.

Inset Tebow.

Wrong. I did.

watermock
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Touche.

The strong horse finishes.

baja
05-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Touche.

The strong horse finishes.

the hooker never comes first.

The white flag is invisible at night

The black flag kills

bugs and spiders.

watermock
05-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Baja, yopu would of gotten 500/1 odds.

baja
05-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Baja, yopu would of gotten 500/1 odds.

You probably will not believe this but after you pointed out I called 6 and 0 last season I almost posted that we would go 2 and 8 the rest of the way.

Truth!

watermock
05-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Well that settles it, almost.

Simms was a joke.

baja
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Well that settles it, almost.

Simms was a joke.

On that we agree

this year we will see ten wins

Orton will rule for six

get hurt

Quinn will earn 7 mil and make Tebow a fullback

Scotch will never be as good as a good Bourbon.

BroncoMan4ever
05-19-2010, 09:38 AM

he's never boned a chick. so for the time being he can't lose his virginity

fdf
05-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Standing back-flips would guarantee NFL success.

BroncoLifer
05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
I guess that's true, but it really makes them look like complete tools.

The media looking like complete tools only serves as partial confirmation for what we already know ---- they ARE complete tools.