PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch on The Fan 5/12

hambone13
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
http://fm1043thefan.com/ On-Demand-John Lynch w/ Al and DMac

I didn't see this posted any where and the search function doesn't seem to be working for me....

He had some interesting takes on the current state of the Broncos, Tebow and the Cutler situations and his exit from here.

Discuss...

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 05:49 PM
jesus, i cant believe shanahan cut lynch for manual and mcree

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
add in vernon fox, roderick rodgers and the other scrubs they trotted out on that defense. it was bad.

hambone13
I find it interesting that he perceives the situation w/ Cutler as Josh's mistake. He's obviously got ties on the team that would allow him inside scoop to feel that way.

hambone13

Agreed. Sounds like he got a bit mismanaged.

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 05:51 PM
I find it interesting that he perceives the situation as Josh's mistake. He's obviously got ties on the team that would allow him inside scoop to feel that way.

can i get a dont feed the trolls picture for this guy? hes gonna start his anti-mcdaniels campaign again.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
can i get a dont feed the trolls picture for this guy? hes gonna start his anti-mcdaniels campaign again.

I'm not starting an anti-McD campaign. It's just new information in the situation. I've admitted he's growing on me and that my concerns about him are that he now has to prove his charisma is enough. I still wonder about his people management skills. I don't think that's trolling.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Oh, and one of the highest character and football smart guys to have ever played the game agrees that this was "a mistake".

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm not starting an anti-McD campaign. It's just new information in the situation. I've admitted he's growing on me and that my concerns about him are that he now has to prove his charisma is enough. I still wonder about his people management skills. I don't think that's trolling.

bailey agreed that a player cant get all pissed off because they are talked about in trade talks last year. different players are going to have different opinions.

edit: its funny taht he said cutler can put a team on his back and win football games, yet he has never been able to do it. two times he was in a win or no playoffs situation, and he absolutely **** the bed both times.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
bailey agreed that a player cant get all pissed off because they are talked about in trade talks last year. different players are going to have different opinions.

edit: its funny taht he said cutler can put a team on his back and win football games, yet he has never been able to do it. two times he was in a win or no playoffs situation, and he absolutely **** the bed both times.

I'll take John Lynch's word for it. He made reference to why Jay may have struggled under Shanny w/ lack of technique development. Funny how you always pull out the parts that support your love affair with the unproven McDaniels.

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM
I'll take John Lynch's word for it. He made reference to why Jay have struggled under Shanny w/ lack of technique development. Funny how you always pull out the parts that support your love affair with the unproven McDaniels.

im not pulling out parts, im saying that what he said, while it may be true in hte future, has never really happened, especially when it was needed most.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I'll take John Lynch's word for it. He made reference to why Jay have struggled under Shanny w/ lack of technique development. Funny how you always pull out the parts that support your love affair with the unproven McDaniels.

And you always ignore the red flags when it comes to the unproven Cutler.

We all got our vices. Tsi's just happens to still be involved with the Broncos.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Ahhh, the consummate I'm not a fan if I don't like the way the situation was handled arguement. That's new. I'm just saying there have been several red flags about McD's professional maturity and his ability to manage people. I realize there are red flags about Cutler and Lynch's take is an interesting one. I've never heard anyone say that Shanahan wasn't hands on w/ QB's, that he just let them play their game. It's a point of interest...not Bronco bashing. As has been said many times, Cutler's departure isn't just going to go away, hence John bringing it up on his on w/o being questioned about it. Isn't it true we have a QB controversy, right now that stems from the Cutler departure? I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I've accepted he's gone but "the mistake" as I see it is going to get discussed especially when a great Bronco player like Lynch brings it up, IMO.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:20 PM

Cutler was pissed about being lied to about it. While I admit he was unprofessional about the way he handled it, who's the adult and who's the child, is all I've ever said.

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Cutler was pissed about being lied to about it. While I admit he was unprofessional about the way he handled it, who's the adult and who's the child, is all I've ever said.

the child is the guy who decided hes above the team and above being traded, and thus should avoid denver and have his dad turn in his playbook for him.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:27 PM
the child is the guy who decided hes above the team and above being traded, and thus should avoid denver and have his dad turn in his playbook for him.

Correct, and the adult shouldn't have lied to him and let the word get out the talks were happening.

tsiguy96
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Correct, and the adult shouldn't have lied to him and let the word get out the talks were happening.

its called damage control. every coach does it. earlier this year andy reid said there is no way mcnabb is being traded, and that he is the starter for teh 2010 season. the only talks that ever were discussed were those of people calling mcdaniels to see if hes available if he got cassel, and he looked into it. why is this still being discussed, especially after the season cutler just had?

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:32 PM
its called damage control. every coach does it. earlier this year andy reid said there is no way mcnabb is being traded, and that he is the starter for teh 2010 season. the only talks that ever were discussed were those of people calling mcdaniels to see if hes available if he got cassel, and he looked into it. why is this still being discussed, especially after the season cutler just had?

Because it's new news and a great player brought up some new and interesting points but you don't want to discuss those because they don't support your Cutler hate. Did you know that Shanny was hands off and didn't promote technique improvement? That was news to me.

extralife
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM

he never played another down after we cut him

watermock
05-13-2010, 06:38 PM

It's too bad he didn't hand over to Billickick.

Maybe he should just thrown in the street. Besides, issn't a whole new playbook anyway?

STFU.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I find it highly encouraging that Lynch likes the Tebow pick too. Additionally, his take on Orton was exactly how I feel that he played at his ceiling last year.

watermock
05-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Lynch was done.

Shanahan was building an offense.

watermock
05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Orton is gone.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Maybe he should just thrown in the street. Besides, issn't a whole new playbook anyway?

STFU.

Tsi-child has to rove around like the Culter police and bash him at any opportunity. Funny thing is, he's as butt-hurt about Cutler as Cutler was about McDaniels, even though the two of them have moved on, but not TSI. Despite the fact that Cutler was man enough to come out and publicly admit he could have handled the situation better. Let it go.

Steve Sewell
05-13-2010, 06:55 PM

STFU.

lolwut?

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM

Whoops this sure did change fast!

Cito Pelon
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
The Cutler/McD/Bowlen/Cassel arguments will be around for many, many years. Much like the Elway/Reeves/Bowlen/Maddox arguments.

Cito Pelon
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Good one.

Ray Finkle
05-13-2010, 07:04 PM
can I get a non-biased account of what Lynch said?

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM

I've settled down about him. I admit he rubbed me the wrong way when he got here and I still have my reservations but there has been a lot of positive things he's done this off season and through the draft that I'm excited about.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I missed the Cutler part but he wasn't even here so his comments really are just another outsiders perspective unlike what Hambone would like to believe.

His reasons for leaving Denver was pretty insightful. He pretty much called out the other Safeties by name. Essentially saying he couldn't believe he wasn't playing over those 2 scrubs. It was pretty unlike John to do especially calling them out by name.

He said he asked to leave because he was not happy and wasn't making for a healthy locker room because he wasn't happy and wasn't giving it his all.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
can I get a non-biased account of what Lynch said?

It's a pretty lengthy conversation. Do you want the Cutler specific stuff or the whole thing?

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Also answer me this. If Lynch thinks McD made a mistake and what not and had any negative thoughts about him or how he handled Cutler why was McD the keynote speaker at his foundation dinner yesterday?

Just something to consider when reading into Lynch's comments.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I missed the Cutler part but he wasn't even here so his comments really are just another outsiders perspective unlike what Hambone would like to believe.

His reasons for leaving Denver was pretty insightful. He pretty much called out the other Safeties by name. Essentially saying he couldn't believe he wasn't playing over those 2 scrubs. It was pretty unlike John to do especially calling them out by name.

He said he asked to leave because he was not happy and wasn't making for a healthy locker room because he wasn't happy and wasn't giving it his all.

You can go listen to it at the site. It's recorded there in the On-Demand section....I realize he wasn't here for Cutler's departure but you should listen to his take before you make assumptions. It's pretty definitive how he feels as he chose to broach the topic not Big Al or Dmac..

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Also answer me this. If Lynch thinks McD made a mistake and what not and had any negative thoughts about him or how he handled Cutler why was McD the keynote speaker at his foundation dinner yesterday?

Just something to consider when reading into Lynch's comments.

Yeah, they said that to him. "Make sure you tell Josh that when you get there, and laughed." He just coined his handling of it was his only true mistake since he's taken the reins.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Lots of people have made definitive statements who weren't privy to the whole situation including you and me. If I were you I would follow your own advice and ease up on the assumptions. Just my 2 cents and his whole argument is lost when he says Cutler has the ability to carry a team. Something he has never done in fact quite the opposite.

I have just listened to the Cutler part.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:16 PM

It was unlike him in a way but now that he's in the media he can give his opinion w/o worrying about being perceived as not keeping things in the locker room. I took it as him being honest about his feelings, that he truly felt he was better. It's hard to disagree given how awful our safety play was, especially that year.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I agree and it wasn't wrong that he said that just surprised me is all because of how he had been in the past.

My favorite part was how he talked about the influence of Dungy on he and his teammates in Tampa Bay. Dungy produced 3 Walter Payton award winners thats pretty damn cool.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Lots of people have made definitive statements who weren't privy to the whole situation including you and me. If I were you I would follow your own advice and ease up on the assumptions. Just my 2 cents and his whole argument is lost when he says Cutler has the ability to carry a team. Something he has never done in fact quite the opposite.

I have just listened to the Cutler part.

There have been many games where Cutler was the catalyst w/ come from behind wins. Lynch is giving his opinion about a player he played with and was in the locker room with. I think that's a heck of a lot more valid than statements you and I have made. He believes in the guy for a reason or he wouldn't be that definitive. He's a pretty logical guy. He also pointed to the fact that he feels he has been under-coached in technique as a point of why he has had his problems.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I agree and it wasn't wrong that he said that just surprised me is all because of how he had been in the past.

My favorite part was how he talked about the influence of Dungy on he and his teammates in Tampa Bay. Dungy produced 3 Walter Payton award winners thats pretty damn cool.

Absolutely, that part was awesome. Dungy's a class act for sure.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
So because Lynch makes an argument that happens to validate your belief I should listen? Wrong, Lynch wasn't even here for a full year with Jay as a starter so his opinion means pretty much nothing to me other than he has no real clue what happened. If this was Champ you would have an argument.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
So because Lynch makes an argument that happens to validate your belief I should listen? Wrong, Lynch wasn't even here for a full year with Jay as a starter so his opinion means pretty much nothing to me other than he has no real clue what happened. If this was Champ you would have an argument.

I don't think he was commenting on what happened in the details of the departure. He just seemed to think Josh should have found a way to keep him here. Given the Broncos had the upper hand and could have held out on the trade, it was possible. I'm not suggesting that you should change your opinion. You don't like Cutler for lots of reasons, I share some of the reasons from a maturity perspective, however, I do believe he has what it takes and when you have the talent you have to do what you can to harbor it. I thought it was a mistake, you're happy about it....can't we agree to disagree?

Atwater His Ass
05-13-2010, 07:28 PM
To say his opinion is meaningless because he wasn't here is a somewhat frivilous argument.

Guys like Lynch still have connections in every organization they've ever been a part of.

Although his opinion is still just that, it does carry more credance than most "outsiders" view points.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't think he was commenting on what happened in the details of the departure. He just seemed to think Josh should have found a way to keep him here. Given the Broncos had the upper hand and could have held out on the trade, it was possible. I'm not suggesting that you should change your opinion. You don't like Cutler for lots of reasons, I share some of the reasons from a maturity perspective, however, I do believe he has what it takes and when you have the talent you have to do what you can to harbor it. I thought it was a mistake, you're happy about it....can't we agree to disagree?

I think we are having a civil discussion on something we disagree with so to me we don't have to agree to disagree and move on like its some heated flame fest.

Just having a debate with you and nothing more. I understand you thought it a mistake and thats fine and within your right......... no matter how wrong you are :)

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:34 PM
To say his opinion is meaningless because he wasn't here is a somewhat frivilous argument.

Guys like Lynch still have connections in every organization they've ever been a part of.

Although his opinion is still just that, it does carry more credance than most "outsiders" view points.

Of course he does. But he wasn't there to see it so he is speaking from hearsay just like you and I. So to me its just an opinion that is based on something he didn't witness just like me.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:42 PM

I couldn't agree more. It made me feel much better about my opinion.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Of course he does. But he wasn't there to see it so he is speaking from hearsay just like you and I. So to me its just an opinion that is based on something he didn't witness just like me.

And to At's point, you would think the people he has connections with probably are high character people who would not express their opinion unless they had a handle on the facts. Character by association, birds of a feather sorta thing. While circumstantial, much better than the data we have to justify our opinions.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I couldn't agree more. It made me feel much better about my opinion.

A guy who wasn't there and got at best second party information and didn't see it for himself makes you feel better? Man oh man you have low standards for validation.

I don't know what happened all I know is McD got rid of a mediocre QB at best and it still boggles my mind how people think Cutler was this great player, including John Lynch. I mean he seriously said Cutler was capable of carrying a team. Something he never did.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I think we are having a civil discussion on something we disagree with so to me we don't have to agree to disagree and move on like its some heated flame fest.

Just having a debate with you and nothing more. I understand you thought it a mistake and thats fine and within your right......... no matter how wrong you are :)

Yeah, I'm going for beers w/ Lynch and you're not invited! :strong:

hambone13
05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
A guy who wasn't there and got at best second party information and didn't see it for himself makes you feel better? Man oh man you have low standards for validation.

I don't know what happened all I know is McD got rid of a mediocre QB at best and it still boggles my mind how people think Cutler was this great player, including John Lynch. I mean he seriously said Cutler was capable of carrying a team. Something he never did.

So you think Lynch came to that conclusion frivolously? Seems to me Lynch would say he didn't know if he didn't feel it was a validated position. I guess he doesn't know football as well as you do. He went so far to say that he is one of the better prospects for the last 15-20 years....that's not a light weight statement.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I am not saying he doesn't know football I am saying that he wasn't privy to the discussion to call it a mistake. In fact it all happened while most of the team was away before voluntary workouts had started.

You think that the players witnessed some on going spat that lasted months when it really lasted only a matter of weeks. So how much could they really weigh in on it?

Again I keep going back to the carry his team statement. I mean if you believe that then you have to call Orton good. He carried the team to the same record. I didn't take you for an Orton fan.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Hambone I know what you are saying and I actually do think Lynch has some insight so thats fine and I like debating with you because you are at least passionate but respectful.

But I will leave you with this. Someone who just got done coaching him called him a coach killer. Which speaks to his aloof demeanor and elitist ego. So Ron Turner more than validated my argument proving me right..... :)

hambone13
05-13-2010, 08:08 PM
I am not saying he doesn't know football I am saying that he wasn't privy to the discussion to call it a mistake. In fact it all happened while most of the team was away before voluntary workouts had started.

You think that the players witnessed some on going spat that lasted months when it really lasted only a matter of weeks. So how much could they really weigh in on it?

Again I keep going back to the carry his team statement. I mean if you believe that then you have to call Orton good. He carried the team to the same record. I didn't take you for an Orton fan.

I'm not implying anything. I've specifically said multiple times, I felt they should have found a way to get him to camp to work things out, not just let his obstinate behavior get what he wanted. Be a coach/manager and show you can turn a strong personality to stand w/ you rather than against you. Again, there have been multiple games where Cutler showed he could put the team on his back both here and in Chicago. I don't believe Lynch would make that statement frivolously as I feel the same way. I've also seen him ruin games all by himself and it seems there may have been a weakness in the focus on his coaching that could have contributed to that. Ron Turner certainly wasn't the guy to focus on improved technique.

Ray Finkle
05-13-2010, 08:10 PM
It's a pretty lengthy conversation. Do you want the Cutler specific stuff or the whole thing?

just a recap of everything...thanks.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Hambone I know what you are saying and I actually do think Lynch has some insight so thats fine and I like debating with you because you are at least passionate but respectful.

But I will leave you with this. Someone who just got done coaching him called him a coach killer. Which speaks to his aloof demeanor and elitist ego. So Ron Turner more than validated my argument proving me right..... :)

If a coach lets a player kill them, they're not very good at their job! Being able to win someone over is critical to long term success i.e. Tony Dungy. Shanahan wasn't exactly the best character developing coach either. You have to admit the possibility that he hasn't had the right coach/mentor yet. And I too enjoy debating with you and the mutual respect. Have a good one.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 08:14 PM
just a recap of everything...thanks.

You've pretty much see all of it here other than his fundraiser promotion at the beginning....you can't access the site?

UberBroncoMan
05-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Great to finally hear everything that went down. Awesome interview!

UberBroncoMan
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM
The Smoke and Mirrors comments were great as well!

UberBroncoMan
05-13-2010, 09:17 PM

Without Cutler we were not going to be 8-8 in 2008. He carried us, even with his stupid overconfident INT's here and there. Don't you remember how many points our defense gave up that year? We should have lost to San Diego, and New Orleans during the start of the year.

That's in the past now though. We'll never know what could have been.

watermock
05-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Who the **** is Ron Turner other than a known name?

Lynch and Stinky and everyone else can talk.

We went 2-8.

Without injury.

3 playmakers were held out.

Gaffney had a career day, yet we were blown out.

Blow some sunshine up someone elses ass.

watermock
05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Jesus, we got a good trade.

Our draft sucked.

Buy a clue.

IHaveALight
05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
What happened with the Cassel situation and then Cutler being traded was probably the best thing that could have happened for the Broncos after McDanials was hired. I say this not because I dislike Cutler. But I believe that if that situation never happened McDanians and Cutlers egos would have clashed at some point down the line and it would have got real ugly most likely in the middle of the season. McDanials needs full control of his players and Cutler needs his space. It would have never worked. By the Cassel situation happening we ultimately got peak compensation for Cutler and got an early jump on trying to find his replacement. Now we have 3 QB's on the roster that have promise and we ended up with a boatload of players with the Cutler picks to go along. And Tebow is a great match with McDanials, I think this tandem will work great together. If we're lucky, that tandem will turn into something special.

watermock
05-13-2010, 09:41 PM
If we let Cutler go for Cassell and a second

That is what is so amusing.

Denver didn't give Cutler away, they gave BM, Hillis,Scheff and draft picks away.

We ****ed around for the second coming.

watermock
05-13-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't see an impact player.

You tell me.

A WR or Guard.

Jesus.

Chances of getting another BM are 1 in a decade.

watermock
05-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Does Tebow own god?

WTF?

McCoy and Quinn were not bad options, especilly since our coach is a master jedi.

Plus 3 high picks.

Dagmar
05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Who the **** is Ron Turner other than a known name?

Lynch and Stinky and everyone else can talk.

We went 2-8.

Without injury.

3 playmakers were held out.

Gaffney had a career day, yet we were blown out.

Blow some sunshine up someone elses ass.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hambone13
05-13-2010, 09:59 PM
The Smoke and Mirrors comments were great as well!

Yeah, I thought that was hilarious myself...

watermock
05-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Give me the injury list in week 17.

Hillis, Marshall and Scheff were all inactive.

Denver got blown out at home.

Buy a clue.

watermock
05-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Ahhh, the consummate I'm not a fan if I don't like the way the situation was handled arguement. That's new. I'm just saying there have been several red flags about McD's professional maturity and his ability to manage people. I realize there are red flags about Cutler and Lynch's take is an interesting one. I've never heard anyone say that Shanahan wasn't hands on w/ QB's, that he just let them play their game. It's a point of interest...not Bronco bashing. As has been said many times, Cutler's departure isn't just going to go away, hence John bringing it up on his on w/o being questioned about it. Because we have a QB controversy right now that stems from the Cutler departure. I'm trying to beat a dead horse. I've accepted he's gone but "the mistake" as I see it is going to get discussed especially when a great Bronco player like Lynch brings it up, IMO.

WTF?

Wasn't the Ty Law of the Patriots?

hambone13
05-13-2010, 10:25 PM
WTF?

Wasn't the Ty Law of the Patriots?

I have not idea what you're talk'n about!

UberBroncoMan
05-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I feel like the Ghostbusters during the meeting with the mayor right now.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Can't say I remember the scene. It's been decades since I've seen that flick.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 12:26 AM

Makes two of us...

We have seen **** that'll turn you white...

As for Lynch's comments about Cutler...so what? Does that somehow change the dynamic of the argument because someone who was not involved in any way has an opinion on the end result?

Our 2008 defense was horrible. It did not help that the frown cannon turned the football over 20 times. He's led the NFL in RZ turnovers the last two seasons. He did not want to be here. Why make it a huge deal 2 years later? What goddamned difference does it make today?

Cutler should not matter to the board anymore...or to the Broncos or the fans of the team at all. He is no longer a Bronco. Cut the mother****ing cord.

:Broncos:

The Joker
05-14-2010, 12:59 AM
2-8.

Now Dennison and Turner are gone.

Dudsville cant coach the running backs.

To be... or Ashley Lelie.

That is the question.

The offense is a mess.

The schedule is easy.

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Archer81
05-14-2010, 01:00 AM
2-8.

Now Dennison and Turner are gone.

Dudsville cant coach the running backs.

To be... or Ashley Lelie.

That is the question.

The offense is a mess.

The schedule is easy.

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Further proof the Omane has created a new internet meme.

The Mock Haiku.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Makes two of us...

We have seen **** that'll turn you white...

As for Lynch's comments about Cutler...so what? Does that somehow change the dynamic of the argument because someone who was not involved in any way has an opinion on the end result?

Our 2008 defense was horrible. It did not help that the frown cannon turned the football over 20 times. He's led the NFL in RZ turnovers the last two seasons. He did not want to be here. Why make it a huge deal 2 years later? What goddamned difference does it make today?

Cutler should not matter to the board anymore...or to the Broncos or the fans of the team at all. He is no longer a Bronco. Cut the mother****ing cord.

Thanks for the scene and reference clarification, I remember it now. It's not about the umbilical Cutler cord. It's about the tone of the chord w/ our current coach and the reality that there may be some red flags, as have been reflected in the thread. Just because you don't want to think about it...his decisions are things I believe are relevant conversation about his unproven competence. There are very few football players that I respect more than John Lynch. I would imagine that's where the white faced ghost reference comes from, that he could actually not agree with you and many others about McD's saintly capacity.

We don't need to be blindly lead into our support for a new coach by his charisma and more recently justifiable decisions. Obviously he feels like there's a QB need. I realize that I have contributed to the group in a way that is deemed by the holy, "anti-McDaniels" but I'm not any more inflammatory about my position than you are. It's just a different opinion. There's a tone of unification going on around here lately. Consider embracing it and seeing stated data as a point of conversation that doesn't inspire a knee jerk defensiveness about seeing Cutler's name being mentioned. It's a new season, with potential but when John Lynch talks, all reasonable should probably, at least listen.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Good one.

Hence my lack of a Cutler reference in the thread title. Simmer down and don't be the pot or kettle. My positions have never been at the fanatical end as you and several other seems to like to feed on. I'm just gonna start callin' ya the McPirranah.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2010, 06:11 AM
I have not idea what you're talk'n about!

He is arguing with you yet he is on your side! That is the enigma that is mock! Its glorious!

theAPAOps5
05-14-2010, 06:14 AM
2-16

Ty Law of The Patriots

Who is Ron Howard

Blame the Elbow, fine

No injuries, she coasted

Pants on the ground!

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 06:50 AM
The Cutler situation was undeniably a mistake, and I'll bet if you got Josh in a room he'd tell you the same thing.

Regardless, it paved the foundation for serendipity in the form of #15 :)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5417/tebowbraveheart2yq4.jpg

Kaylore
05-14-2010, 06:59 AM
STFU!

Blood on the jersey? Or blood on New Jersey?

Buy a vowel

We went 2-8 and drafted a blocking TE.

Cutler wouldn't of benched Marshall

You think Lynch can play for Scheffler?

The Spartans think your wrong.

Hamrob
05-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Like I've said before, I'm a Cutler fan...love his atheletasim and his arm. But, the brain hasn't caught up with the talent yet. If it does, he'll be fun to watch. Otherwise, he'll just be hugely talented but average on the field.

He's gone.

Lynch was done at Safety...he was way too slow. And although he could still hit, he was getting concussions to frequently.

Orton can improve on last year...so, I don't believe he hit his ceiling, but he is done in Denver. You don't go get Quinn and then trade 3 picks for Tebow if Orton's the future.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 07:36 AM
2-16

Ty Law of The Patriots

Who is Ron Howard

Blame the Elbow, fine

No injuries, she coasted

Pants on the ground!

Hijacked by McHykoo

McAppa Always right despite

McPiranah Dominate Mane

Mocked by supporting Kilt w/o thy ilk

Balls deep in the heap

BroncsRule
05-14-2010, 07:40 AM
It is so good to see Mock back on top of his game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Ahhh, the consummate I'm not a fan if I don't like the way the situation was handled arguement. That's new. I'm just saying there have been several red flags about McD's professional maturity and his ability to manage people. I realize there are red flags about Cutler and Lynch's take is an interesting one. I've never heard anyone say that Shanahan wasn't hands on w/ QB's, that he just let them play their game. It's a point of interest...not Bronco bashing. As has been said many times, Cutler's departure isn't just going to go away, hence John bringing it up on his on w/o being questioned about it. Isn't it true we have a QB controversy, right now that stems from the Cutler departure? I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I've accepted he's gone but "the mistake" as I see it is going to get discussed especially when a great Bronco player like Lynch brings it up, IMO.

Ahhh, the making up of strawman arguments. That's new.

I'd love for you to point out where I said you're not a true fan. Go ahead. Show it to me.

That'll be new.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Tsi-child has to rove around like the Culter police and bash him at any opportunity. Funny thing is, he's as butt-hurt about Cutler as Cutler was about McDaniels, even though the two of them have moved on, but not TSI. Despite the fact that Cutler was man enough to come out and publicly admit he could have handled the situation better. Let it go.

Yeah. You're clearly over it.

LOL

Ray Finkle
05-14-2010, 07:43 AM
The Cutler situation was undeniably a mistake, and I'll bet if you got Josh in a room he'd tell you the same thing.

Regardless, it paved the foundation for serendipity in the form of #15 :)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5417/tebowbraveheart2yq4.jpg

I still can't tell if you really like Tebow or are just mocking him....

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I still can't tell if you really like Tebow or are just mocking him....

Like isn't a strong enough word.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Ahhh, the making up of strawman arguments. That's new.

I'd love for you to point out where I said you're not a true fan. Go ahead. Show it to me.

That'll be new.

Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post

If you weren't challenging my being a fan of the Broncos, what where you challenging? I suppose talking about any other former player would be ok though, even if there wasn't relevant new news about them.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post

If you weren't challenging my being a fan of the Broncos, what where you challenging? I suppose talking about any other former player would be ok though, even if there wasn't relevant new news about them.

I was making an observation, stupid.

Clearly "challenge" is a word that describes you rather well. I'm sure you heard "he's challenged" a lot growing up.

You were defending Cutler, and ripping McD. Tsi was defending McD and ripping Cutler. True or false: McD is still with the Broncos, and Cutler isn't.

See? It's not a challenge. It's an observation.

Any challenge you want is clearly coming from within your own psyche.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah. You're clearly over it.

LOL

One can't debate with Tsi-child w/o some form of recidivism. Occasionally extreme demands extreme in order to make a point. Nice to know you have his a** though. Nothing new there.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I was making an observation, stupid.

Clearly "challenge" is a word that describes you rather well. I'm sure you heard "he's challenged" a lot growing up.

You were defending Cutler, and ripping McD. Tsi was defending McD and ripping Cutler. True or false: McD is still with the Broncos, and Cutler isn't.

See? It's not a challenge. It's an observation.

Any challenge you want is clearly coming from within your own psyche.

Always the cheap power tools to stick together. Have a nice day Stanley.

The Joker
05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
STFU!

Blood on the jersey? Or blood on New Jersey?

Buy a vowel

We went 2-8 and drafted a blocking TE.

Cutler wouldn't of benched Marshall

You think Lynch can play for Scheffler?

The Spartans think your wrong.

Leonidas can't replace Clady.

6-10.

Buy a vowel.

MaloCS
05-14-2010, 08:33 AM
What happened with the Cassel situation and then Cutler being traded was probably the best thing that could have happened for the Broncos after McDanials was hired. I say this not because I dislike Cutler. But I believe that if that situation never happened McDanians and Cutlers egos would have clashed at some point down the line and it would have got real ugly most likely in the middle of the season. McDanials needs full control of his players and Cutler needs his space. It would have never worked. By the Cassel situation happening we ultimately got peak compensation for Cutler and got an early jump on trying to find his replacement. Now we have 3 QB's on the roster that have promise and we ended up with a boatload of players with the Cutler picks to go along. And Tebow is a great match with McDanials, I think this tandem will work great together. If we're lucky, that tandem will turn into something special.

Great post! I have never thought about the situation from this perspective but I have to admit, it makes sense and is perfectly rational. :)

Ray Finkle
05-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Like isn't a strong enough word.

I know you probably posted it but why? I haven't seen you with a man crush for a player like this in a while....

Kaylore
05-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Leonidas can't replace Clady.

6-10.

Buy a vowel.

Your egalitarianism is amusing

Think passing on Orakpo 3 times for a midget stings?

Your not the droids were looking for

STFU

We could of had Suh, but Beavis wanted Smith

2-8

Beezer made soup today

It had Tebow crackers in it

Wake me up before you go go

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Always the cheap power tools to stick together. Have a nice day Stanley.

Whatever you say, superstar! As long as you can bring up old **** to try and troll, I guess you're just happier than a pig in ****.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
I know you probably posted it but why? I haven't seen you with a man crush for a player like this in a while....

There's literally nothing to dislike. But outside of his character, work ethic, leadership, etc, there's another big reason why I love him so much.

He's perfect for this new era of Denver Broncos. He's not going to "revolutionize the quarterback position" because, frankly, that already happened several times over. He may regress it, though (in a good way). He's a throwback player to QBs that you only see on Steve Sabol NFL films, and the kinda guy you expect to show up to Invesco wearing a leather helmet.

His athleticism is off the charts and his downsides are complete fits for a McDaniels offense. His throwing motion will be a non-issue come August, and for making his reads under pressure, he now plays in probably the most QB friendly offense in the league, and he brings another element to it... running when it's not there. And he has to make defenders not want to hit him.

If this were a WCO, sure, it'll take 2-3 years for him to develop. It's not. I'll be stunned if he isn't ready week 1. That's not to say he'll be starting week 1, but I'm pretty sure he'll be starting by week 10 at the latest, barring some superhuman Kyle Orton metamorphosis.

crush17
05-14-2010, 08:54 AM
you all need to go back to your corners and think about what you've done. go on, go to time out. its Friday and there's no reason for any of us to be up in arms and STILL arguing about the Frown Cannon... you know, cuz we're like a 6, and his fans are like, an 8-9.

Ray Finkle
05-14-2010, 08:55 AM
There's literally nothing to dislike. But outside of his character, work ethic, leadership, etc, there's another big reason why I love him so much.

He's perfect for this new era of Denver Broncos. He's not going to "revolutionize the quarterback position" because, frankly, that already happened several times over. He may regress it, though (in a good way). He's a throwback player to QBs that you only see on Steve Sabol NFL films, and the kinda guy you expect to show up to Invesco wearing a leather helmet.

His athleticism is off the charts and his downsides are complete fits for a McDaniels offense. His throwing motion will be a non-issue come August, and for making his reads under pressure, he now plays in probably the most QB friendly offense in the league, and he brings another element to it... running when it's not there. And he has to make defenders not want to hit him.

If this were a WCO, sure, it'll take 2-3 years for him to develop. It's not. I'll be stunned if he isn't ready week 1. That's not to say he'll be starting week 1, but I'm pretty sure he'll be starting by week 10 at the latest, barring some superhuman Kyle Orton metamorphosis.

I agree it is difficult to not like him because of his character but I don't see him being a Young/McNair clone....I still worry about his ability to drive the ball deep in the cold and his overall accuracy. I see a lot of Culpepper before the knee injury and minus the cannon....

baja
05-14-2010, 08:59 AM
linkdoesn't workforme

oubronco

STFU

2-8

Beezer made soup today

:~ohyah!:

The Joker

STFU

2-8

Beezer made soup today

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Slowshon is Winder 2.

Cutler would have beaten Kansas.

Do you think Orton is the answer?

Moron.

If you like peanut butter and getting caught in the rain.

Come with me and escape.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I agree it is difficult to not like him because of his character but I don't see him being a Young/McNair clone....I still worry about his ability to drive the ball deep in the cold and his overall accuracy. I see a lot of Culpepper before the knee injury and minus the cannon....

None of the above are valid comparisons. McNair's the closest fit, only think smarter, bigger, stronger, and quicker with parallel straight line speed. He's simply more athletic than all of them, except for Young, with a better head on his shoulders than all of them, and will work harder than all of them (McNair the only hard and confident worker of the bunch and even then it's underwhelming).

baja
05-14-2010, 09:06 AM
None of the above are valid comparisons. McNair's the closest fit, only think smarter, bigger, stronger, and quicker with parallel straight line speed. He's simply more athletic than all of them, except for Young, with a better head on his shoulders than all of them, and will work harder than all of them (McNair the only hard and confident worker of the bunch and even then it's underwhelming).

hey we agree on something. ;D

Ray Finkle
05-14-2010, 09:13 AM

I hope your right.....I think he will be an average QB.....better than Orton/smarter than Cutler...

baja
05-14-2010, 09:14 AM
link that works???

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
I hope your right.....I think he will be an average QB.....better than Orton/smarter than Cutler...

He'll never have Jay or John's arm, but neither does Peyton Manning.

He'll never have Peyton's brain, but neither does Tom Brady.

Tim's going to be his own kind of greatness. But it'll be great, for sure

:)

jhns
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
So now we can add Lynch to the long list of people that agree with me about the Cutler situation. When will you all wake up? Even Bowlen said McDaniels made mistakes right after the Cutler situation. McDaniels said it was never in the best interest of this team to trade Cutler. Shanahan has come out with Cutler was never a problem and can turn into one of the best QBs in the league. McDaniels and Bowlen have both said Cutler is a special talent. John Elway has said it was a mistake and that Cutler can be great someday.

What is funny is people here argue with this. It is almost like you guys think you know QB play and how to run a team better than that list of guys. Oh well, the stupidity makes for great entertainment.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 09:23 AM
link that works???

The URL's are hidden on the site...that is just a path. You have to go to the site: http://fm1043thefan.com/

Then click on "On Demand"
and go to the "John Lynch w/ Big Al and Dmac link"

That is what you mean, correct?

baja
05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
The URL's are hidden on the site...that is just a path. You have to go to the site: http://fm1043thefan.com/

Then click on "On Demand"
and go to the "John Lynch w/ Big Al and Dmac link"

That is what you mean, correct?

Yes and thank you

Play2win
05-14-2010, 10:38 AM
2-16

Ty Law of The Patriots

Who is Ron Howard

Blame the Elbow, fine

No injuries, she coasted

Pants on the ground!

Some guy that narrated a show once called Arrested Development...

Play2win
05-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Tebow does have one thing that definitely reminds me of John...

He believes that the field on the other side of that 1st down marker is HIS...

elsid13
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM

He released Lynch (at Lynch request), because Lynch was done!

Cito Pelon
05-14-2010, 11:00 AM

I liked the Roger Staubach comparison, I believe it was cutthemdown brought it up.

baja
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
He released Lynch (at Lynch request), because Lynch was done!

No exactly. Lynch wanted to be a three down player and Shanny wanted him to be a two down player so Lynch asked and received his release

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
No exactly. Lynch wanted to be a three down player and Shanny wanted him to be a two down player so Lynch asked and received his release

And then accepted that very same role with the Patriots before being released for being ineffective on those 2 downs...

I LOVE John Lynch and personally would've rolled his ass onto field at 70 in a wheelchair, but I can only find him at fault for not being a Bronco in 2008.

Kaylore
05-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Lynch wasn't done. Anyone that remember the horrible safeties we had that year would gladly have settled for the sure tackling, yet speed deficient Lynch over the flailing of suckage that was the rest of our safeties.

montrose
05-14-2010, 11:38 AM
The fact he asked for his release from the Broncos because he didn't want to be a 2-down player - then signed in the same role with the Pats - showed me he thought the Broncos were going to suck and the Pats gave him a better shot to win another championship in his last year (which was true). What the Broncos missed on was that even at his old age, Lynch was still a better 3-down option than McCree, Manual, Lowry or any of the other trash Shanny marched out at safety that season. Hell, a used tampon would've been an upgrade over those bums.

crush17
05-14-2010, 11:39 AM
man...THAT DEFENSE WAS AWFUL!!!

baja
05-14-2010, 11:48 AM
And then accepted that very same role with the Patriots before being released for being ineffective on those 2 downs...

I LOVE John Lynch and personally would've rolled his ass onto field at 70 in a wheelchair, but I can only find him at fault for not being a Bronco in 2008.

This is the way it turned out but he left as I said.

Flex Gunmetal
05-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I would like to thank everyone for ignoring jhns' long winded nonsense.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
I would like to thank everyone for ignoring jhns' long winded nonsense.

Sounds good, Flex. I'd just add a multi and keep lifting heavy. Goodluck with your fitness goals in 2010.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 04:54 PM
The fact he asked for his release from the Broncos because he didn't want to be a 2-down player - then signed in the same role with the Pats - showed me he thought the Broncos were going to suck and the Pats gave him a better shot to win another championship in his last year (which was true). What the Broncos missed on was that even at his old age, Lynch was still a better 3-down option than McCree, Manual, Lowry or any of the other trash Shanny marched out at safety that season. Hell, a used tampon would've been an upgrade over those bums.

Why would you come to this conclusion instead of actually listening to him?

Like he said, it was an emotional situation for him and he became unhappy in the lockerroom and asked for his release because he wasn't being a positive influence.

Time to realize your fate will always settle your emotions. His agent wasn't getting barrages of phone calls asking for John Lynch the starting safety... he got a handful of calls asking for John Lynch the extra linebacker.

Your bolded statement is speculation, but undeniably true regardless.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Do you really think Tebow has a better head on his shoulders? I don't remember how Young was as a young QB but when I see him speak football of late, I almost always agree w/ him and get the impression he's a damn sharp individual both in football knowledge and general IQ. I agree Tebow seems to be pretty damn football smart but he doesn't strike me as having the general IQ of Young.

TheReverend
05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Do you really think Tebow has a better head on his shoulders? I don't remember how Young was as a young QB but when I see him speak football of late, I almost always agree w/ him and get the impression he's a damn sharp individual both in football knowledge and general IQ. I agree Tebow seems to be pretty damn football smart but he doesn't strike me as having the general IQ of Young.

You talking Vince or Steve?

oubronco
05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
man...THAT DEFENSE WAS AWFUL!!!

Worst Efense EVER!!!!!

hambone13
05-14-2010, 08:18 PM

You make a valid point and it may very work out in a positive way, I sure hope so. It's the player control factor that I highlighted above that are my ultimate concerns about McDaniels. If he doesn't have an elite QB, its questionable whether he or the Hoodie have those rings. The capacity to manage to the personalities and frequent egos of talent is critical IMO. I hope he proves me wrong.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Like I've said before, I'm a Cutler fan...love his atheletasim and his arm. But, the brain hasn't caught up with the talent yet. If it does, he'll be fun to watch. Otherwise, he'll just be hugely talented but average on the field.

He's gone.

Lynch was done at Safety...he was way too slow. And although he could still hit, he was getting concussions to frequently.

Orton can improve on last year...so, I don't believe he hit his ceiling, but he is done in Denver. You don't go get Quinn and then trade 3 picks for Tebow if Orton's the future.

Did you catch the part about the ability to throw over the middle? I don't think Orton has the physical talent to deliver many of those throws consistently at game speed. He just isn't mobile enough to make the play work when the front isn't executing the perfect pocket.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Whatever you say, superstar! As long as you can bring up old **** to try and troll, I guess you're just happier than a pig in ****.

Thanks again for the input Stanley. Always a pleasure.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Steve, sorry! I think I read into the WCO reference a little too much.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 08:44 PM

Additionally, He does strike me as a bit Steve Young-esque. Obviously a lot bigger but as far as the kind of passer he might be, and not only the south paw factor.

strafen
05-14-2010, 09:51 PM
can i get a dont feed the trolls picture for this guy? hes gonna start his anti-mcdaniels campaign again.Hmm?!
Aren't you the one ACTUALLY setting it all up when you said...

And then follwed it up with...

add in vernon fox, roderick rodgers and the other scrubs they trotted out on that defense. it was bad.

hambone13
05-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Hmm?!
Aren't you the one ACTUALLY setting it all up when you said...

And then follwed it up with...

TSI-Doesn't realize he's a Troll to a lot of the folks here..It's hysterical to me.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2010, 05:48 AM
TSI-Doesn't realize he's a Troll to a lot of the folks here..It's hysterical to me.

Neither do you. Again, we've all got our vices.

tsiguy96
05-15-2010, 06:10 AM

i have strafen blocked so no idea what he wrote, dont care too much. its funny that you call someone who actually wants to see the team succeed and supports teh team instead of crying every day about how bad they are a troll.