PDA

View Full Version : Pile of BS...Superbowl in NY?

Archer81
05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Why?

Is the NFL going to open up the Superbowl to all 32 sites?

:Broncos:

SoDak Bronco
05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
because they spent 100billion dollars and probably had a wink wink agreement that if they built a new stadium they would get a superbowl.

SoDak Bronco
05-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Also, wouldn't it be awesome if they had the superbowl and it was 4 below with a nice snow storm coming down. haha bunch of idiots.

DomCasual
05-13-2010, 04:39 PM
If it happens, I hope it's a match-up of two dome teams (or one dome team, and us).

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Football should be played in the elements. I love this. I want more. Seattle. Denver. Green Bay. Why the hell not?

elsid13
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Football should be played in the elements. I love this. I want more. Seattle. Denver. Green Bay. Why the hell not?

Green Bay couldn't support a Superbowl - to small. But Seattle and Denver should host one.

Cool Breeze
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
East coast bias

enjolras
05-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Makes sense to me.. it's fricking New York city. Where better to throw a huge party?

cutthemdown
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM

money thats why? People don't travel to be in the snow or cold. TV can't do a good broadcast in driving rain or snow etc etc. It's all about the week leading up to game, all the stuff they want to do outside with the NFL experience etc etc etc.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-13-2010, 06:07 PM
money thats why? People don't travel to be in the snow or cold. TV can't do a good broadcast in driving rain or snow etc etc. It's all about the week leading up to game, all the stuff they want to do outside with the NFL experience etc etc etc.

You can't possibly believe that people won't travel to NYC for the Super Bowl. That's absurd.

And never once have I talked to anyone going to the big game about what they're going "to do outside." Give me a break.It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if this were the most successful Super Bowl in history.

RhymesayersDU
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM
I understand our fanbase and others being upset, but NY would be epic, even if the weather wasn't optimal.

DenverBrit
05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Makes sense to me.. it's fricking New York city. Where better to throw a huge party?

Somewhere affordable? ;D

UberBroncoMan
05-13-2010, 06:52 PM

$$$

I hear the NFL draft is held there there, and Roger Goodell is in the area too.

I'd rather see New York get it than Miami, San Diego, and dome teams over and over again too.

I don't see Denver ever getting one though.

Killericon
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
They already did Detroit, so why the hell not. Not like it's foreign territory.

orange&blue87
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM

I thought they cancelled the experience... maybe they've added it back in. Either way, I could care less where it is. The super bowl hasn't been for the fan in many years. Most Super Bowls have less than 10% of the max available for the common fan. If people don't want to be in elements, then don't buy tix, if they want to be at the game, then attend the game. The super bowl should be no different than conference championship games.

Atwater His Ass
05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
You guys should be happy if this happens. It opens the doors up for a place like Denver, Seattle, Chicago, etc., the opportunity to host a Super Bowl sometime in the future.

Archer81
05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
You guys should be happy if this happens. It opens the doors up for a place like Denver, Seattle, Chicago, etc., the opportunity to host a Super Bowl sometime in the future.

Unless its a one time thing only done because of the billion dollar stadium opening this season...which would be totally tom cruise gay.

*Chris' lawyers would like to insert an antidefamation notice. Author of this post does not intend emotional or psychological harm. He is attempting to convey "how gay" a superbowl in NJ/NY would be, and not a commentary on a short homo hiding in the closet.

:Broncos:

Dr. Broncenstein
05-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Somewhere Bin Laden is fapping to the idea.

Atwater His Ass
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Unless its a one time thing only done because of the billion dollar stadium opening this season...which would be totally tom cruise gay.

Doesn't really matter what the intent is. If it happens, it shows the league is willing to allow a cold weather outdoor stadium host the SB.

You can bet it will be the wedge in the door that other cities/owners will pry on.

HAT
05-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Largest media market in the country...Plenty of 5 star hotels & restaurants to host corporate shindigs...What's the problem?

SoDak Bronco
05-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Largest media market in the country...Plenty of 5 star hotels & restaurants to host corporate shindigs...What's the problem?

NO DOME, Bad Weather..You don't want to have a superbowl game that has a bad snow storm or something. It would have a major effect on the game.

HAT
05-13-2010, 09:03 PM
no dome, bad weather..you don't want to have a superbowl game that has a bad snow storm or something. It would have a major effect on the game.

???

Oh noes!

cutthemdown
05-13-2010, 10:58 PM
I thought they cancelled the experience... maybe they've added it back in. Either way, I could care less where it is. The super bowl hasn't been for the fan in many years. Most Super Bowls have less than 10% of the max available for the common fan. If people don't want to be in elements, then don't buy tix, if they want to be at the game, then attend the game. The super bowl should be no different than conference championship games.

I would agree with you but I'm just saying that because those corporations want the weather nice NFL coddles to them. The fans I agree would probably like it to some extent.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 11:17 PM
You can't possibly believe that people won't travel to NYC for the Super Bowl. That's absurd.

And never once have I talked to anyone going to the big game about what they're going "to do outside." Give me a break.It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if this were the most successful Super Bowl in history.

This. And perhaps the "what if" factor plays a bit heavier in to all teams preparation as it could be in a state where winter is a reality early in the year.

hambone13
05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
NO DOME, Bad Weather..You don't want to have a superbowl game that has a bad snow storm or something. It would have a major effect on the game.

It's football not women's sand volleyball.

broncocalijohn
05-13-2010, 11:28 PM
because they spent 100billion dollars and probably had a wink wink agreement that if they built a new stadium they would get a superbowl.

Didnt the NFL learn their lesson by having a superbowl in Jacksonville? These deals ruin what the Superbowl build up is about. Try getting a probowler to accept going to NY in late January (unless they go back to Hawaii). Stupid idea. SBs belong in SoCal, New Orleans, Miami and Phoenix. It has to be warm, handle the increase in tourist and be a fun town.

hookemhess
05-13-2010, 11:46 PM
SBs belong in SoCal, New Orleans, Miami and Phoenix. It has to be warm, handle the increase in tourist and be a fun town.

I would add Dallas to the list. Super Bowl XLV @ Cowboys Stadium is going to be badass.