PDA

View Full Version : UFC 114 - Rampage Jackson or Sugar Evans?

newsanchor
05-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Another UFC matchup is coming your way May 29 on Pay per view.

It is a matchup between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad "Sugar" Evans.

The question is

1) how many of you are going for Rampage Jackson?

2) how many of you are for Sugar Evans?

GoBroncos84
05-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Rampage by KO

bfoflcommish
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
while I want to see sugar win just to see how rampage will handle the loss (will he go on another spree?), I think rampage wins

oldustyballs
05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
while I want to see sugar win just to see how rampage will handle the loss (will he go on another spree?), I think rampage wins

this

unless he backs out of the fight yet once again

OBF1
05-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Evan's Rampage is a blowhard who talks alot. All Jackson has beaten in his career is Chuck Ladell, who Evans knocked out as well.

FADERPROOF
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Only chance Rashad has is if Rampage has some ring rust after taking time off to do the A-team movie.

I'm still going with Rampage Jackson, dude can knock the lights out of anyone and I really want to see him vs Shogun Rua.

RonDaChamp24
05-13-2010, 01:59 PM
I honestly like both fighters a lot. I think I'd rather see Rampage win even though Rashad fights out of Denver. Both fighter knocked the crap out of my least favorite fighter Liddell. Both are very strong. I think that Evans is faster. I WANT Rampage to win I think, but I believe that Rashad will. Rampage has been out for quite a while, and I think it will show.

FADERPROOF
05-13-2010, 02:18 PM
I honestly like both fighters a lot. I think I'd rather see Rampage win even though Rashad fights out of Denver. Both fighter knocked the crap out of my least favorite fighter Liddell. Both are very strong. I think that Evans is faster. I WANT Rampage to win I think, but I believe that Rashad will. Rampage has been out for quite a while, and I think it will show.

If your least favorite fighter is Chuck Liddell then you mustve loved his last 3 fights: Rampage, Rua, and Rashad.

FADERPROOF
05-29-2010, 06:14 AM
bump this up for tonights event!

i4jelway7
05-29-2010, 08:12 AM
rashad will get rampage on his back which is like a turtle on his back.. rashad wins by submission

Broncoman13
05-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Like somebody mentioned earlier, the only way I see Rampage not winning this fight is if ring rusts affects him. This should be a fun fight. Both guys will be looking to end the fight early and often. If they come out and look like a Machida vs Maia I'm going to be pissed.

FADERPROOF
05-29-2010, 08:43 AM
rashad will get rampage on his back which is like a turtle on his back.. rashad wins by submission

I have a feeling rashad will try to stand up and strike with Rampage, which will end in Rampage KO'ing him.

Broncoman13
05-29-2010, 08:51 AM
I have a feeling rashad will try to stand up and strike with Rampage, which will end in Rampage KO'ing him.

I hope this is how it goes down. I want Rampage to win but I can live with Sugar winning too so long as they stand up and throw down in the middle of the cage... beat the shiat out of each other, that's the fight I want to see. As much trash as both of these guys have been talking... if Sugar just lays on Rampage for three rounds and the fight goes to decision, I will be disgusted.

FADERPROOF
05-29-2010, 08:54 AM
I hope this is how it goes down. I want Rampage to win but I can live with Sugar winning too so long as they stand up and throw down in the middle of the cage... beat the shiat out of each other, that's the fight I want to see. As much trash as both of these guys have been talking... if Sugar just lays on Rampage for three rounds and the fight goes to decision, I will be disgusted.

Yeah thats what he did against Thiago Sanches back at UFC 108, for whatever reason he did not want to stand up and strike with him and just did takes downs and laid around on him.

Hopefully Rashad will stand up this time considering all the hype and trash talking that has gone down between him and Rampage, if he wins the way he did against Sanchez then it will like a cheap win.

p7superfly
05-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Nope.

I love both fighters, but my brother trains out of Grudge and Easton ... I love both guys, but if you're gonna bet on it - bet Rashad. He's in rare form I know, from a firsthand account.

SleepingTiger
05-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Yeah thats what he did against Thiago Sanches back at UFC 108, for whatever reason he did not want to stand up and strike with him and just did takes downs and laid around on him.

Hopefully Rashad will stand up this time considering all the hype and trash talking that has gone down between him and Rampage, if he wins the way he did against Sanchez then it will like a cheap win.

i think you meant Thiago Silva.

With the reports that Rashad training with GSP, I have no doubt he will take it to the ground. Evans is not stupid enough to try and trade punches with Rampage.

I think it will go 3 rounds with Rampage via split decision.

FADERPROOF
05-29-2010, 10:30 AM
i think you meant Thiago Silva.

With the reports that Rashad training with GSP, I have no doubt he will take it to the ground. Evans is not stupid enough to try and trade punches with Rampage.

I think it will go 3 rounds with Rampage via split decision.

Yeah, Thiago Silva...not sure how Sanchez even crossed my mind.

Didnt hear that Rashad was training with Rush, that could mean bad things for Rampage.

p7superfly
05-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Rashad, GSP, Leanord Garcia, Keith Jardine ... all of them come up here to train before a fight.

chadta
05-29-2010, 11:53 AM
so is this the thread we should be posting feeds in for those of us who dont really care about it, and certainly wouldnt pay for it, but will watch it if its for free ?

once hockey is over of course

GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!

i4jelway7
05-29-2010, 02:32 PM
ok so who is going to post some links to watch this bad boy tonight?

Jason7730
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Evan's Rampage is a blowhard who talks alot. All Jackson has beaten in his career is Chuck Ladell, who Evans knocked out as well.

Wrong. He has beaten a LOT of good fighters in his career such as: Vandy Silva, Matt Lindland, Dan Henderson, Keith Jardine and Ricardo Arona to name a few. I am concerned about possible ring rust for Rampage. It should be a real good fight and I do not think it will go to the scorecards, imo.

DHallblows
05-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Wrong. He has beaten a LOT of good fighters in his career such as: Vandy Silva, Matt Lindland, Dan Henderson, Keith Jardine and Ricardo Arona to name a few. I am concerned about possible ring rust for Rampage. It should be a real good fight and I do not think it will go to the scorecards, imo.

To be fair he's 1-2 against Silva and everyone else there are, as you put it, good fighters. We'll see how he does against someone better than that...

tomjonesrocks
05-29-2010, 04:13 PM
If anyone has a link for this--I'd love it. I have a last-minute family dinner I got roped into (arrgh) and will be racing back hopefully to catch the main event.

WyoLaw
05-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Anyone have a feed? Or a good site besides justin.tv?

scorpio
05-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Lauzon's little brother is a bum

WyoLaw
05-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Anyone have a feed? Or a good site besides justin.tv?
?

SoDak Bronco
05-29-2010, 07:27 PM
ANyone have the feed?

SoDak Bronco
05-29-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.wweuniverso.net/stream1.htm

WyoLaw
05-29-2010, 08:24 PM
not working for me. anything else?

WyoLaw
05-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Got it, but some odd language.

GoBroncos84
05-29-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.sportprovider.info/2010/05/ufc-114-rampage-vs-evans-server-4.html

SoDak Bronco
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
http://snapples.forumotion.com/

download the veetle

WyoLaw
05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.wweuniverso.net/stream1.htm

Thanks man.

DHallblows
05-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Is the veetle player legit? Like I'm not gonna get a virus downloading it?

SoDak Bronco
05-29-2010, 08:37 PM
haha i downloaded and it hasn't done anything ? Prob. will erase it after the fight

CHANGSTER
05-29-2010, 09:29 PM
http://solowrestling.ucoz.com/Ufclivehd.html

Broncobiv
05-29-2010, 09:37 PM
In English:

http://atdhe.net/

The top link.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not working anymore. Just a black screen.

EDIT 2: Working again. HELL, I dunno! Just keep reloading it? LOL

tsiguy96
05-29-2010, 09:49 PM
cant believe jackson just gave that away like that.

DHallblows
05-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I knew it. Ring rust all around. Glad Sugar won regardless

Broncobiv
05-29-2010, 09:56 PM
cant believe jackson just gave that away like that.

He just stood there circling for a minute after Evans got back up, allowing Evans time to recover!

FADERPROOF
05-29-2010, 10:01 PM
All that talking from Rashad about how he's gonna knock Rampage out and turns out he wanted no part of stand-up. Most of the match was Evans ducking away from Rampage, attempting a takedown and just holding him against the cage til the ref broke them up.

OBF1
05-29-2010, 10:05 PM

Chalk one up for the master ROFL!

DHallblows
05-29-2010, 10:19 PM
All that talking from Rashad about how he's gonna knock Rampage out and turns out he wanted no part of stand-up. Most of the match was Evans ducking away from Rampage, attempting a takedown and just holding him against the cage til the ref broke them up.

And the part where he almost knocked him out...

SoDak Bronco
05-29-2010, 10:21 PM
pretty boring fight until the last 2 minutes

FADERPROOF
05-29-2010, 10:34 PM
And the part where he almost knocked him out...

1st punch that knocked Rampage off balance and recovered...Rampage came a lot closer to knocking him out than Rashad.

DHallblows
05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
1st punch that knocked Rampage off balance and recovered...Rampage came a lot closer to knocking him out than Rashad.

I agree, but Rampage has more of the KO ability. It's expected

KipCorrington25
05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Glad I skipped this one sounds like a dud, and any card with Bisping on it is a turn off.

FADERPROOF
05-30-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree, but Rampage has more of the KO ability. It's expected

I just figured that with all the trash Rashad talked about how he'll knock him out, that he'd at least try to once in this fight.

He danced around, pushed Rampage into the cage and waiting for the ref to break it up after a period of inactivity.2 takedowns and the last minute or so when he actually ground and pounded was it, he was way more concerned about Rampage's offense than his own.

By default he will get the next title shot but if I was Dana White I'd strongly consider putting Rashad against Machida again before he gets Rua.

Rabb
05-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Glad I skipped this one sounds like a dud, and any card with Bisping on it is a turn off.

the Russow KO alone was worth it, that was pretty awesome

FADERPROOF
05-30-2010, 07:13 PM
the Russow KO alone was worth it, that was pretty awesome

That one came out of nowhere! Dude ate punches for 2.5 rounds and then with one swing knocks Duffie out cold for the win.

The Bisping-Miller fight was good also, a lot of striking which I thought Miller wouldn't try to do so much, but couple nice shots in that one.

But Rampage-Rashad was overall disappointing.

Rabb
05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah I was shocked, Russow ate some HUGE shots...Duffie is a specimen but it was pretty clear that he isn't trained for the long-haul, if he had better conditioning he would be a monster.

Bisping/Miller was good, Bisping dominated him I thought but Miller held his own and got a couple shots in.