PDA

View Full Version : OT: Deadliest Warrior

no-pseudo-fan
05-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Anybody else watch this show on Spike?

They show the damage that some of these Ancient weapons would do, it is sick.

Tonight they are running Aztec Vs. Zande Warrior

Preview Link (http://www.spike.com/video/chopping-limbs-with/3385875)

Ray Finkle
05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
pretty good show....

Doggcow
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
****ing stupid show.

The bias is out the ass.

HOW THE **** DO YOU NOT HAVE PIRATES FIGHT NINJAS?

houghtam
05-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Agreed. The show is just an excuse to hack things up with old weapons wrapped in non-sensical fluff. It's Mail Call for ancient weapons enthusiasts.

bfoflcommish
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
****ing stupid show.

The bias is out the ass.

because zombies > both

no-pseudo-fan
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
****ing stupid show.

The bias is out the ass.

I think it was a Spartan vs. Ninja

The Pirate was vs. the Knight

Ray Finkle
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
how do you not have the following (unless they do it this year)...

Cowboys vs Indians

Cool Breeze
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
cool show
they had apache vs gladiator

Cool Breeze
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Someone posted this after one of the shows -
I had to laugh...

10. ggp102 (http://www.orangemane.com/profile/ggp102)Posted on Apr 28 '10 at 11:08 AM
This episode was total BS. Im a former Marine and the GB would have kicked the **** out of these macho Russian jagoff's. In this episode you say the Makarov beat the 9 mil.....i did not understand that because the 9 mil simply has a much bigger clip. But you failed to realize this in all your extensive years of service and it showed in this episode.

However, in the episode where the spetsnaz go against the IRA you gave the advantage to the Spetsnaz because their Makarov pistol held more ammunition than the IRA's revolver....HUH?!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!! Why is there a double standard you idiots? Also I ahve never seen a SF guy carry an E-Tool on ANY missions. And they all wear body armor.

You guys need to do some real research before you run your little computer sim. Or better yet tell a GB that you think a Russian sissy can kick his ass to his face. That should be the next matchup.....Green Beret vs. Computer Dork with an afro...

no-pseudo-fan
05-11-2010, 02:04 PM
They had Alexander the Great vs. Attila the Hun

GoHAM
05-11-2010, 02:05 PM
It's such a stupid show.

It's almost as stupid as Magic the gathering and it's only slightly less stupid because they hack up dead pigs.

no-pseudo-fan
05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
It's such a stupid show.

It's almost as stupid as Magic the gathering and it's only slightly less stupid because they hack up dead pigs.

Live pigs would be better, but frowned at.

Magic the Gathering? Is that that card game played by comicbook dorks?

GoHAM
05-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Live pigs would be better, but frowned at.

Magic the Gathering? Is that that card game played by comicbook dorks?

I think it's something like Dungeons and Dragons, except with cards.

The show would be cool if all they did was show what the weapons could do and give the history of them.

Assigning random values to each weapon and saying one has an advantage over the other. Then plugging them into some computer program to simulate a fight. It's just so cheesy and stupid, I can't watch it.

no-pseudo-fan
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM

The show would be cool if all they did was show what the weapons could do and give the history of them.

Assigning random values to each weapon and saying one has an advantage over the other. Then plugging them into some computer program to simulate a fight. It's just so cheesy and stupid, I can't watch it.

The fight is pretty useless, I like watching what the weapons can do. I also like seeing some of these older weapons, some are kind of creative and other are simple and completely violent.

broncolife
05-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I think it was a Spartan vs. Ninja

The Pirate was vs. the Knight

The Knight got ripped off. How can they make that matchup and then bring back the winners and separate fighters with guns from fighters without guns.

broncolife
05-11-2010, 02:58 PM

Never played Dungeons and Dragons but from what I have seen on tv its nothing like that. It has no roleplaying. Basically each player has 20 life you draw cards and try to kill the other player with whatever creatures or spell cards you have.Alot of strategy takes place. Havent played it in along time but it was fun to play. It even helped my nephew to learn to read.I also used to play Star Trek tng card game too.

El Guapo
05-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Stupid, stupid show. Pretty much everything on Spike is mind numbing.

broncolife
05-11-2010, 03:02 PM
The fight is pretty useless, I like watching what the weapons can do. I also like seeing some of these older weapons, some are kind of creative and other are simple and completely violent.

I also believe the fights are useless. I mean dont see how we can compare past fighters who trained everday of their lives (so they could survive) to the people who they had wielding the weapons on the show. The Samurai guy did have great skill with that bow though.

GoHAM
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Never played Dungeons and Dragons but from what I have seen on tv its nothing like that. It has no roleplaying. Basically each player has 20 life you draw cards and try to kill the other player with whatever creatures or spell cards you have.Alot of strategy takes place. Havent played it in along time but it was fun to play. It even helped my nephew to learn to read.I also used to play Star Trek tng card game too.

I was talking about Magic the gathering not the stupid "fight" on the the show.

Hey, I'd rather play D&D or Magic than watch the stupid show.

no-pseudo-fan
05-11-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.celebritywonder.com/wp/Joe_Lo_Truglio_in_Role_Models_Wallpaper_5_1280.jpg

McDman
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Terrible show.

Broncoman13
05-12-2010, 02:57 AM
how do you not have the following (unless they do it this year)...

Cowboys vs Indians

b/c that one has been done already... in real life.

They are matching warriors that didn't actually battle one another.

I enjoy the show though I fell asleep before last night's episode so I will have to watch it some time today.

rmsanger
05-12-2010, 05:37 AM
I've only seen 1 show (Atilla vs Alexander). The weapons review was pretty cool but was not very practical. The ending fight between the 2 characters was worthless it might have been the other VS show that has a Shark v Crocodile...

They made now account for Alexander's size advantage or his advanced armor (mail vs leather). Their analysis was completely irrational, I mean they used Alexander's Ballista on a 5 v 5 fight...

Br0nc0Buster
05-12-2010, 06:16 AM
I think that show is a bit silly
I was sick one day and just stayed on the couch and watched TV all day long and they had like a marathon of that on spike
for some reason I watched like 3 in a row before changing the channel

But yeah the knight vs pirate was funny, not sure how you can see who the better "warrior" is when one of them has a gun
also I saw one with the mafia and they gave them weapons like "icepick" and "baseball bat"

Ray Finkle
05-12-2010, 06:22 AM
b/c that one has been done already... in real life.

They are matching warriors that didn't actually battle one another.

I enjoy the show though I fell asleep before last night's episode so I will have to watch it some time today.

no so....it's deadliest warrior....not deadliest warrior that in now way may have fought.

They had Ninja's vs Monk's once......they fought. I have seen it...

no-pseudo-fan
05-12-2010, 07:35 AM
no so....it's deadliest warrior....not deadliest warrior that in now way may have fought.

They had Ninja's vs Monk's once......they fought. I have seen it...

Ninja was vs. spartan
Monk was vs. Troy Palamolu