PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Draft Grades Video - Denver Broncos

EmDiggy
05-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Denver Broncos Draft Grades Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14FHG1foi80)

Good Afternoon OrangeMane.com!! THANK YOU guys for the support and feedback that you've been giving me! I really appreciate that!:notworthy

Here's my take on the Broncos draft...

Enjoy!

Emory

Killericon
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Good video, but the Broncos don't run zone blocking anymore.

hambone13
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
why wouldn't you do any speaking in it?

_Oro_
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Is this a rick roll?

sisterhellfyre
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Is this a rick roll?

Nope. No rick, no roll.

EmDiggy
05-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Good video, but the Broncos don't run zone blocking anymore.

Thanks Homie! Oops.. meant Spread Off..

Durango
05-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I wasn't happy with the multiple choice expense to move up for Tebow, but the rest of this draft was pretty damned good, including taking Thomas in the first. Combined with Decker and Royal, the passing game should be formidable. Getting JD Walton where they did was unbelievable good luck and Beadles should help immediately. Pax is boom or bust, but more likely a steal. 'B' may be low in the long term.

EmDiggy
05-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I wasn't happy with the multiple choice expense to move up for Tebow, but the rest of this draft was pretty damned good, including taking Thomas in the first. Combined with Decker and Royal, the passing game should be formidable. Getting JD Walton where they did was unbelievable good luck and Beadles should help immediately. Pax is boom or bust, but more likely a steal. 'B' may be low in the long term.

I agree.. Gotta give McDaniels and company some props for making the picks they made.. They're bringing in quality football players

Play2win
05-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't think I can ever remember the Broncos (GM or Head Coach) ever putting this much consideration and commitment to the TRENCHES, in one offseason.

Its a beautiful, beautiful thing. :)

Mogulseeker
05-09-2010, 04:25 PM
We did draft a LB. In the seventh round... he's a DE, projects to play OLB, but I see him as a possible ILB.

uplink
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
good job

Kaylore
05-10-2010, 07:03 AM
We did draft a LB. In the seventh round... he's a DE, projects to play OLB, but I see him as a possible ILB.

If he plays LB it will be OLB.

tsiguy96
05-10-2010, 08:35 AM

he acquired many of those picks by trading down in the first place. if he were to just keep acquiring and using picks, wed be wasting them because that many people probably wouldnt make the team. id rather them get 1 guy they really think can be great isntead of a few guys they think can fit.

Paladin
05-10-2010, 08:42 AM
he acquired many of those picks by trading down in the first place. if he were to just keep acquiring and using picks, wed be wasting them because that many people probably wouldnt make the team. id rather them get 1 guy they really think can be great isntead of a few guys they think can fit.

The needs were greater than just one guy. If the Broncos were annual contenders, then I would not disagree with your comment. But I think McD got several guys he thinks will help, and that makes the overall goal more achievable.

DivineLegion
05-10-2010, 10:56 AM
With Hagan moving inside we are going to have 5 ILB's on the roster.

DJ Williams, Mario Hagan, Wesley Woodyard, Akin Adoyle, Spencer Larson

And

4 veteren OLB's + 2 college free agents

Elvis Dumerville, Robert Ayers, Derel Reid, Jarvis Moss, Kevin Alexander, Korey Bosworth

Durango
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
With Hagan moving inside we are going to have 5 ILB's on the roster.

DJ Williams, Mario Hagan, Wesley Woodyard, Akin Adoyle, Spencer Larson

And

4 veteren OLB's + 2 college free agents

Elvis Dumerville, Robert Ayers, Derel Reid, Jarvis Moss, Kevin Alexander, Korey Bosworth

With the exception of Williams and Dumervile that's one wide boatload of suck.

Woodyard was exposed last year, Larsen is a LB, turned FB, turned LB/Special Teams guy, Ayers is in his second year (and I thought he was an OLB) and Reid is average.

No need to expound on the lack of football virtues with Jarvis Moss, and who the hell are Kevin Alexander and Korey Bosworth?

Ignoring this position in the draft and FA, for all sense and purposes, is going to come back and bite this defense. Hard.