PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Fields Arrested

GoBroncos84
05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Denver Broncos defensive tackle Ronald Fields was arrested Friday night in Houston, Josina Anderson of Fox 31 is reporting.

Anderson reports that Fields was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Fields was booked and posted $1,000 bond. The Broncos told Fox 31 they have no comment.

Fields started all 16 games for the Broncos last season. From 2005 to 2008 he played for the San Francisco 49ers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/08/broncos-ronald-fields-arrested/

The Joker
05-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Hopefully Chris Baker is good.

bowtown
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/implied-facepalm.jpg

Paladin
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Why would a man that big need a tiny little gun he could hide in the folds of his "abs"?

scorpio
05-08-2010, 01:37 PM
When keeping it real goes wrong

Killericon
05-08-2010, 01:39 PM
This thread would be srs bsns, but thankfully WE SIGNED JAMAL WILLIAMS!

BroncoBuff
05-08-2010, 01:40 PM
No way ... Josina's not a real reporter.

WABronco
05-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Hld u-p gaiz i nede to c if dis is teh reel Ronald Fields...also reportin dat Coch McD releasd Richard Quinn.

Los Broncos
05-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Well at least he's keeping it real.

Kaylore
05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
He has to be so, so stupid to even be doing that. After everything that's happened to these guys for carrying weapons he still carries one? He's not even high profile enough to need one.

Thankfully McDaniels mentioned Baker as one of the guys they are excited for this season, so hopefully he can step up.

TexanBob
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I wonder who had the job of squeezing him into the back of a squad car?

Paladin
05-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I wonder who had the job of squeezing him into the back of a squad car?

Good point, Don't the HPD use Toyotas?

The Joker
05-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Really dumb stuff to be doing going into a contract year too.

KipCorrington25
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
OK McDaniels you have run many others out out of town for not having "character" so this is one of your boys are you a hypocric or will you release Fields as you should?

BroncoBuff
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
You wanna carry a gun, come to Washington State ... unreal lax carry laws.

TheReverend
05-08-2010, 02:20 PM
You wanna carry a gun, come to Washington State ... unreal lax carry laws.

I can't envision it being as lax as Texas.

I'm shocked he got arrested instead of some sort of prize.

randomtask
05-08-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

Paladin
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
OK McDaniels you have run many others out out of town for not having "character" so this is one of your boys are you a hypocric or will you release Fields as you should?

Why not get some facts first? Or does your hate for McD trump due process? Are you an American?

theAPAOps5
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM

What exactly is a hypocric?

bombay
05-08-2010, 02:30 PM
He probably got arrested for not having enough guns on his person.

They have a minimum there, like the 45 MPH thing on the highway. I think it's three, unless one of them is fully automatic, in which case it's two, and the 2nd one can be as small as a derringer.

Popps
05-08-2010, 02:43 PM
He has to be so, so stupid to even be doing that. After everything that's happened to these guys for carrying weapons he still carries one? He's not even high profile enough to need one..

I was going to make a joke about that.

Beyond that, can't you carry a piece legally in Texas? Why not just register it?

TheReverend
05-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Darrell Reid says "Damn I Hope My Dawg P-91 Is Aiight Down In H-Town. He Been Workin Way 2 Hard 4 A Setback..."

ColoradoDarin
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Probably had it concealed w/o a CCW. Seriously, it's Texas, just carry right out in the open.

bowtown
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM

He actually got arrested for having too few guns on him. Texas law dictates at least one concealed firearm per 100 lbs.

cutthemdown
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Big deal it's not a felony. In Texas he won't get in much trouble.

Popps
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Darrell Reid says "Damn I Hope My Dawg P-91 Is Aiight Down In H-Town. He Been Workin Way 2 Hard 4 A Setback..."

Fo rlz? Dat be da tweetz?

TheReverend
05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Fo rlz? Dat be da tweetz?

I'm absolutely fascinated by how much I'm disappointed with this guy as a human... and as far as I can tell, he hasn't really done anything wrong. I just... HATE everything he seems to embrace.

Bronkota
05-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Exactly! Its a misdemeanor. The same as a traffic ticket...

HEAV
05-08-2010, 03:14 PM

I agree. He didn't hurt, shoot or rape anyone. He's just a dummy, carrying a gun for his protection, without permits.

SoDak Bronco
05-08-2010, 03:59 PM
least he didn't shoot himself in Da club and try and cover it up..How's that cell mate there Plax?

extralife
05-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I agree. He didn't hurt, shoot or rape anyone. He's just a dummy, carrying a gun for his protection, without permits.

<u><b>The NFL</u></b>
He didn't hurt, shoot or rape anyone

cutthemdown
05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Exactly! Its a misdemeanor. The same as a traffic ticket...

No that's an infraction. Misdemeanor more then a traffic ticket.

Drek
05-08-2010, 04:43 PM
If you're going to be an idiot with a gun you might as well do it in Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets this pleaded down to a lesser charge (even below a misdemeanor) with a name that sounds incredibly tame for the press clippings.

It also won't surprise me at all when McDaniels lets him walk after this year and gives his roster spot to Chris Baker, but there was a good chance that was happening anyhow.

Doubt he'll see a suspension, first time offender with just a misdemeanor charge isn't going to get Goodell's cackles up.

Kaylore
05-08-2010, 04:48 PM
<u><b>The NFL</u></b>
He didn't hurt, shoot or rape anyone

:spit:

UberBroncoMan
05-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Both Reid and Fields write like ****ing idiots on Twitter.

Still don't grasp the gun stuff too. Why the **** are you in situations where you feel you need to carry one around.

Mogulseeker
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
If you're going to be an idiot with a gun you might as well do it in Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets this pleaded down to a lesser charge (even below a misdemeanor) with a name that sounds incredibly tame for the press clippings.

It also won't surprise me at all when McDaniels lets him walk after this year and gives his roster spot to Chris Baker, but there was a good chance that was happening anyhow.

Doubt he'll see a suspension, first time offender with just a misdemeanor charge isn't going to get Goodell's cackles up.

Ronald Fields. A nice waspy name, in Texas on a gun charge. No biggie.

If his name was, say, Knowshon or LeKevin or Syd'quan... might be different.

broncosteven
05-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Denver Broncos defensive tackle Ronald Fields was arrested Friday night in Houston, Josina Anderson of Fox 31 is reporting.

Anderson reports that Fields was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Fields was booked and posted $1,000 bond. The Broncos told Fox 31 they have no comment.

Fields started all 16 games for the Broncos last season. From 2005 to 2008 he played for the San Francisco 49ers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/08/broncos-ronald-fields-arrested/

Was the gun underaged?

Popps
05-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Misdemeanor probably means he'll get a slap on the wrist.

Requiem
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Fear him, as soon as you hear him
Upon my arrival, the dope dealers cheer him
Just like a revival, the verse tends to steer 'em
Through a life in the fast lane like German engineerum

No serum can cure all the pain I've endured
From crack to rap to back to sellin' it pure
For every record I potentially sell in the store
It's like Mecca to the dealer that's sellin' it raw

So many deceive ya
I'm on touch with the keys, move over Alicia
I force feed ya the metric scale
Rap's like child's play, my show and tell

Within each verse you see the truths unveil
They manufacture proof as they lie to themselves
Puppets on the string like a yoyo
Bouncin' like a pogo, they prayin' I never go solo

Got it for cheap

Caveat Lector
05-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Not a great deal in this story really, as has been said he'll get a slap on the wrist thats it.

I think people are underestimating Ronny a little bit. He was solid for 3/4 of the season last year, he'll be very handy in rotation...

gunns
05-08-2010, 09:29 PM

That's what I was thinking. Next to Utah I thought Texas was as lax as it could get. In Utah you get arrested for not wearing a gun.

Killericon
05-09-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm absolutely fascinated by how much I'm disappointed with this guy as a human... and as far as I can tell, he hasn't really done anything wrong. I just... HATE everything he seems to embrace.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/ruger_p89dc.jpg

Good lord.

UberBroncoMan
05-09-2010, 01:13 AM

It's hilarious. When he was interviewed after being signed he sounded like he had great command of the English language. Big words, very articulate, and descriptive.

Then he's a complete ****ing idiot online.

Personally I think it's just the front he puts up for all his peers. Has has to be a "gangsta fo shizzle" and succumbs to pressure because he has no true individuality.

TheReverend
05-09-2010, 07:58 AM
It's hilarious. When he was interviewed after being signed he sounded like he had great command of the English language. Big words, very articulate, and descriptive.

Then he's a complete ****ing idiot online.

Personally I think it's just the front he puts up for all his peers. Has has to be a "gangsta fo shizzle" and succumbs to pressure because he has no true individuality.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUS6nKpddec&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUS6nKpddec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pony Boy
05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Not trying to highjack the thread but if show that one we got to see this one again ...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYE4XSMTAmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYE4XSMTAmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

UberBroncoMan
05-09-2010, 11:51 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUS6nKpddec&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUS6nKpddec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Perfect

strafen
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Not a great deal in this story really, as has been said he'll get a slap on the wrist thats it.

I think people are underestimating Ronny a little bit. He was solid for 3/4 of the season last year, he'll be very handy in rotation...It may not be a big deal in Texas -as evidence by the $1000.00 bail- but it is still a big deal with the NFL.
We would want to think the commissioner may just give the guy a break, and he may as well could, but the problem is, this kind of stuff happens all the time and players caught in the possession of weapons have been punished one way or another.