PDA

View Full Version : Ironman 2

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Just got back and absolutely loved it. Nice to see a sequel that doesn't disappoint. Had the same clever dialog, fantastic acting, good action and tendency to make the currently impossible seem feasible.

Spend your money. Well worth it.

sisterhellfyre
05-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Just got back and absolutely loved it. Nice to see a sequel that doesn't disappoint. Had the same clever dialog, fantastic acting, good action and tendency to make the currently impossible seem feasible.

I'm planning to see it, but it'll be probably a couple weeks. I had surgery (again) on the 26th, and wouldn't last that long in theater seating.

GoBroncos84
05-07-2010, 05:10 PM

I had very few "complaints" with the movie. And those were more like "it could have been even better if...". I agree, they did quite well. I am a big time comic book nerd, so I have high expectations for these films and they generally suck. However, now that marvel is making the films themselves instead of having big studios like fox and sony make them, the quality has increased. The ironman films have been great, and Robert Downey Jr. really brings the Tony Stark character to life. He is stellar

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I had very few "complaints" with the movie. And those were more like "it could have been even better if...". I agree, they did quite well. I am a big time comic book nerd, so I have high expectations for these films and they generally suck. However, now that marvel is making the films themselves instead of having big studios like fox and sony make them, the quality has increased. The ironman films have been great, and Robert Downey Jr. really brings the Tony Stark character to life. He is stellar

I LOVE the way they're putting this together.

The Avengers is going to be everything X-Men was supposed to be.

Baba Booey
05-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the first one after seeing disaster after disaster as far as comic book movies are concerned.

I'll check it out.

SureShot
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Going to see it tonight.

TDmvp
05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Renee Herlocker of our Broncos and Olivia Munn of attack of the show have small rolls in Ironman 2... All the more reason to see it.

Drool ...

Renee ...
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10616/20580_304468932899_143140107899_3223451_6117726_n. jpg

Olivia ...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4365/munn.jpg

Renee plays one of the Ironette dancers . Not sure on Munns role .

d bronx42
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
VERY disappointed... And this coming from a guy who has the original Iron Man in my top 3 movies ever.

The only good part was when Iron Man was drunk at his house while throwing an awesome rager. :afro:

6 out of 10.

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 06:06 PM
VERY disappointed... And this coming from a guy who has the original Iron Man in my top 3 movies ever.

The only good part was when Iron Man was drunk at his house while throwing an awesome rager. :afro:

6 out of 10.

Insanity.

I thought the ending was a little anti climactic but couldn't find anything else to nitpick on.

NYBronco
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
My wife and I just returned from the theatre and enjoyed it.

GoBroncos84
05-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I LOVE the way they're putting this together.

The Avengers is going to be everything X-Men was supposed to be.

Rumor has it that Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse... Astonishing X-men) will be directing The Avengers and he is also helping to write Captain America. I love Joss, so that just fuels the excitement even more

StugotsIII
05-07-2010, 06:17 PM
So was there anything at the end of the movie like the first one?

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 06:18 PM

Yes. More build up towards the next movie (not Ironman though) and towards the ultimate "The Avengers" goal.

StugotsIII
05-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes. More build up towards the next movie (not Ironman though) and towards the ultimate "The Avengers" goal.

I was guessing other charactors would be interacting with Ironman or something...

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I was guessing other charactors would be interacting with Ironman or something...

Capt America, Thor, Ironman and the Hulk are all currently on the docket.

Broncochica
05-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Taking the kiddos to see it this weekend, looking foward to it! :)

Archer81
05-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Yup. And all will have tie-ins to one another. A series of movies revolving around the same characters and storylines.

Should be interesting.

:Broncos:

Pick Six
05-07-2010, 07:14 PM

Stick around for the scene AFTER the credits. I thought that was actually better than the movie...

Los Broncos
05-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I was fifty fifty on going to see this, now I'll go for sure.

Thanks for the info from an insider!

FADERPROOF
05-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm supposed to be taking my stepson(ex's kid, so ex step-son I guess) to go see it. He's 7 years old so is it appropriate for him to see this movie?

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm supposed to be taking my stepson(ex's kid, so ex step-son I guess) to go see it. He's 7 years old so is it appropriate for him to see this movie?

Jeez man, it's not like it's Ghostbusters. Take him already.

FADERPROOF
05-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Jeez man, it's not like it's Ghostbusters. Take him already.

I want to, its my ex thats being a pain about me taking him...

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 08:29 PM

I took my 6 year old girl. Didn't think anything was inappropriate outside of a few clever references that she wouldn't understand.

SportinOne
05-07-2010, 08:58 PM
My wife and I just returned from the theatre and enjoyed it.

the officials US version of that word is theater, love it or leave it.

brncs_fan
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Saw it tonight, liked it. Had to pee really badly so I missed the post credits thing.

Anybody know about the credits thing??

24champ
05-08-2010, 01:54 AM
I haven't seen Ironman 2 yet...but I am definitely looking forward to The Avengers movie. Slated to come out in 2012.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

ShutDownPoster
05-08-2010, 02:10 AM
I thought it was good, but liked the first one better. Having said that, anything with Scarlet Johansen wearing skin tight body suits are worth the price of admission alone.

Agreed, the Easter egg at the end of the credits was best scene in the movie.

Beantown Bronco
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
All I have to say is:

Rhodie, get down.....

TheReverend
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
All I have to say is:

Rhodie, get down.....

Next time why don't you lead with that?

Casper Bronco
05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Insanity.

I thought the ending was a little anti climactic but couldn't find anything else to nitpick on.

100% agreed. That's the first thing I said when we were leaving, but I really enjoyed it.

bowtown
05-09-2010, 08:49 PM

Heard the hulk was out, due to a hissy fit by Norton. Might have heard wrong though.

loborugger
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I took my 6 year old girl. Didn't think anything was inappropriate outside of a few clever references that she wouldn't understand.

Says the guy who would take a 3 year old to see Ghostbusters... :approve:

I didnt see the first one, but I did see this one and I really liked it. I recommend it.

yerner
05-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I didn't like it. Big letdown from the first. I was actually bored through most of it. All the things the first one did right, like character development and pacing, are just wrong in this one. Even Don Cheadle is wasted. When these movies are good, you can almost get lost in them. Ironman 2 didn't do that for me. Shame.

ZONA
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I also get disappointed with many comic sequals but X2 did deliver quite well so I have hope.

Jason in LA
05-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Just saw it, and I'll say that some parts I really liked, but there were some flaws in the story, so I was kind of disappointed.

I'm not a comic book guy at all, and I wasn't expecting much out of the first Iron Man, but I was blown away. That movie was awesome. A lot of it had to do with Tony Stark. The way Robert Downey Jr plays that character is just awesome. In Iron Man 2 he was just as awesome in that role. The character really makes the movie.

Anyone who hasn't seen the movie probably shouldn't read this next part. Not really a spoiler, but it is about the story. So one of my issues was with the villains. What they were after wasn't really all that compelling. Vanko (Mickey Rourke) didn't have some great scheme to terrorize people or gain power. He just wanted revenge for what Tony Stark's father did to his father. I really liked the Vanko character, I just wasn't buying into what he was going after. The other villain, well, he's pretty much a villain, was Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell). I really like that character as well, and he's pretty much a villain, but he's really not a villain. What was his big scheme? It wasn't world dominance or anything. He was just trying to get a government contract, which would make his company a boat load of money and put a dent into Tony Stark's company. So he was after Stark as well. Again, that's not really all that compelling either.

So who was at risk in this movie? Certainly not the public. The only person at risk was Stark. He was at risk from the two villains, who didn't have any schemes to terrorize the world or gain power, and he was at risk because of failing health. So everything revolved around Stark demise. He was fighting to save himself, and that was it.

Sorry, but that's kind of lame.

I loved the characters, the acting, the fight scenes were cool. Flaws in the story kept this movie from great. And at times I felt like nothing of importance was happening.

I'd say it's worth seeing, and there are a lot of enjoyable things about this movie, but it just wasn't great. I wasn't expecting much from the first one and I got a lot. I was expecting a lot from this one and certainly didn't get as much.

v2micca
05-10-2010, 05:57 AM
Just wanted to toss in my two cents as well.

Overall, I really enjoyed this film. I don't feel it was nearly as good as the first one, but it was still very entertaining and if nothing else, set up very nicely for the next few Marvel films.

Oh potential spoilers for the poster asking about the scene at the end of the credits. Highlight to read.

In a post-credits scene, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Coulson (Clark Gregg), at a giant crater in the New Mexico desert, informs Fury of his team's find: Mjolnir, the hammer of Thor.

So, lots of fun stuff down the pipe for us comic geeks.

Play2win
05-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Just wanted to toss in my two cents as well.

Overall, I really enjoyed this film. I don't feel it was nearly as good as the first one, but it was still very entertaining and if nothing else, set up very nicely for the next few Marvel films.

Oh potential spoilers for the poster asking about the scene at the end of the credits. Highlight to read.

In a post-credits scene, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Coulson (Clark Gregg), at a giant crater in the New Mexico desert, informs Fury of his team's find: Mjolnir, the hammer of Thor.

So, lots of fun stuff down the pipe for us comic geeks.

Thats a pretty good trick, with the white text and all.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-10-2010, 08:49 AM
To derail for a second:

Saw the new Nightmare last week (very medium film, I know), but there were no fewer than 8 young kids in the theater. One group was both parents, a 6 and an 7 yr. old all with food, etc. as though it was "Family Day" at the movies. I hope the final scene gave them all nightmares.

Back to Ironman 2. Haven't seen it.

TheReverend
05-10-2010, 09:14 AM
To derail for a second:

Saw the new Nightmare last week (very medium film, I know), but there were no fewer than 8 young kids in the theater. One group was both parents, a 6 and an 7 yr. old all with food, etc. as though it was "Family Day" at the movies. I hope the final scene gave them all nightmares.

Back to Ironman 2. Haven't seen it.

I grew up on the original series when I was younger (including the friday night tv show they made). Those kids will be fine. Of course, it did dictate my sleeping routine for a solid decade of my youth, but whatever. Nightmares build character.