PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tebow has received

TonyR
05-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2010 9:41 AM ET

We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

i4jelway7
05-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Hey Ray the world is shocked that a murderer can still play professional football in the NFL

STFU

you can go back to murdering ppl now

Ray Finkle
05-07-2010, 07:02 AM
meh...I could care less what Lewis says/thinks....

bowtown
05-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Gruden did coaching sessions with all 4 of the top QB prospects... one of the best segments ESPN has done in about 20 years, and that's not saying a lot.

TDmvp
05-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Yea I heard Ray Ray say this today on Collin Cowturd ...

And i was all ... O no you didn't ...

Cito Pelon
05-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Well, the question Lewis answered depends on the context in which it was asked, but Lewis sure got a lot of help when he was on trial for murder.

There's been plenty, plenty of players had tons of support over the years.

Dedhed
05-07-2010, 07:09 AM
The amount of help that Tebow received is a testament to his character. Something Ray would know little about.

El Guapo
05-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Screw him and screw the Ravens.

elsid13
05-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Gruden did coaching sessions with all 4 of the top QB prospects... one of the best segments ESPN has done in about 20 years, and that's not saying a lot.

I think that Gruden also meet with him after that to work on drills that would help Tebow get rid of the ball faster.

SouthStndJunkie
05-07-2010, 07:14 AM
I don't see Ray Lewis complaining when Tony Dungy mentors a player or when Deion Sanders works with college kids (even if he is steering them to his agent).

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't see Ray Lewis complaining when Tony Dungy mentors a player or when Deion Sanders works with college kids (even if he is steering them to his agent).

:thumbsup:

RaiderH8r
05-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Tim Tebow spends his off time conducting camps teaching kids football and about being a good person.

Ray Lewis teaches kids that you shouldn't knife somebody if you don't have a fall guy to take the rap.

Besides, Baltimore is an asshole of a city.

Victor
05-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Ray Lewis
http://niviusvir.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/raylewisorangejumpsuit1.jpg
KILLER

Captain 'Dre
05-07-2010, 07:30 AM
meh...I could care less what Lewis says/thinks....

Unless he bags on Philip Rivers! :~ohyah!:

Jesterhole
05-07-2010, 07:31 AM
#1) Who gives a flying F what Ray Lewis thinks?

#2) It is my hope that every opposing team hates Tebow. I bet every team hated Elway, too.

meangene
05-07-2010, 07:31 AM
And he forgot about the fact that Tebow faced inordinate criticism and scrutiny that goes along with the notoriety he got in college and leading up to the draft. It is a two way street - some handle it appropriately and some don't (Bryant). People are willing to help him because he has great character and desire to succeed and is willing to take advice and coaching. This is nothing but pure jealousy. Given Lewis' professed religious nature, I would think he would welcome a fellow Christian like Tebow. But no.... HYPOCRITE!

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 07:32 AM
And he forgot about the fact that Tebow faced inordinate criticism and scrutiny that goes along with the notoriety he got in college and leading up to the draft. It is a two way street - some handle it appropriately and some don't (Bryant). People are willing to help him because he has great character and desire to succeed and is willing to take advice and coaching. This is nothing but pure jealousy. Given Lewis' professed religious nature, I would think he would welcome a fellow Christian like Tebow. But no.... HYPOCRITE!

professed religious nature after he murdered someone, desperation will turn anyone to God

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Take a cheap shot on Tebow, and I guarantee the Broncos locker room, that will be more in love with him than we are in 2 months, will murder whoever the **** did it within 2 plays.

Hogan11
05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
professed religious nature after he murdered someone, desperation will turn anyone to God

Prayer is the last refuge of a scoundrel

scorpio
05-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Ray Lewis is on the wrong side of 35, he had better hope Tebow doesn't learn how to use the truck stick before October 10th.

TheReverend
Take a cheap shot on Tebow, and I guarantee the Broncos locker room, that will be more in love with him than we are in 2 months, will murder whoever the **** did it within 2 plays.

Oh, and after they murder him, Ray Lewis will testify that he "didn't see nothin"

bronco militia
white power!

elsid13
05-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Tim Tebow spends his off time conducting camps teaching kids football and about being a good person.

Ray Lewis teaches kids that you shouldn't knife somebody if you don't have a fall guy to take the rap.

Besides, Baltimore is an a-hole of a city.

To be fair, Lewis has been very involved in his community after his incident and has actually started a training club to help cops in Baltimore. But Baltimore is is a **** hole

no-pseudo-fan
05-07-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't think people offered help, Tebow asked for it.

That is what I love about him. He realizes that there is an issue, and he is working to correct it. Being a Heisman Trophy winner/ greatest college player of all time and being humble enough to seek help to improve his weaknesses, wish I could bottle and sell it.

garandman
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey Ray the world is shocked that a murderer can still play professional football in the NFL

STFU

you can go back to murdering ppl now

No doubt, he is a punk!

RaiderH8r
05-07-2010, 07:50 AM
To be fair, Lewis has been very involved in his community after his incident and has actually started a training club to help cops in Baltimore. But Baltimore is is a **** hole

I've mentioned this before but its worth doing again.

Took my son to Baltimore for Thomas the Tank Engine (yeah, I'm suburban dad). We get to ride Thomas (hitched up to a regular train) and we go maybe 3 miles on a 15-20 minute ride at 10 am and we have a 6 deep police security detail. Baltimore PD on dirt bikes riding along with the train so banditos don't stick it up. How messed up is that? On our way out of the hood my boy needed a water refill so I stop at the corner store and have to get buzzed in. That's Baltimore in a nutshell.

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 07:50 AM

That is what I love about him. He realizes that there is an issue, and he is working to correct it. Being a Heisman Trophy winner/ greatest college player of all time and being humble enough to seek help to improve his weaknesses, wish I could bottle and sell it.

To be fair, he stole the idea from elsewhere.

At 22, Jesus was a nationwide award winning carpenter and he still worked with his dad everyday on his mechanics.

hookemhess
05-07-2010, 07:51 AM

This.

Here you have an old school, hard nosed football player at the QB position who realizes his future in the NFL is in doubt because of his mechanics. So instead of being an ignoramus with an ego the size of pluto and refusing to change his style of play, he openly talked about doing whatever it takes to succeed. I can't tell you how many times I heard him say (predraft), "I'm going to do whatever I have to blablabla." So coaches and other mentors reached out to him back. What's the big effin deal, Ray? You never saw Jamarcus talk to media about the need to get better and his willingness to do whatever it took.

watermock
05-07-2010, 07:56 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ly1enPcnQV4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ly1enPcnQV4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>.

TonyR
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Paige's article referenced is a good read. Check it out if you haven't already. Lots of good quotes from McD.

Paige: McD says Tebow has the "It" factor
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 05/07/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 05/07/2010 02:22:53 AM MDT

Tim Tebow has IT.

Not if.

And he gets it.

So says Josh McDaniels.

"I think the thing about Tim is what everybody calls the 'It'. There are those kind of people that have that 'It,' " the coach said emphatically this week in his office at Dove Valley. On the wall beside McDaniels' desk is a large TV, and frozen on the flat screen was Tim Tebow, in his orange Broncos practice jersey with a football by his left ear a start button for throwing a pass.

McDaniels looks at the image of the Broncos' rookie quarterback and compares Tebow's "It" factor to another quarterback he directly coached for five seasons in New England.

"When Tom (Brady) came to us in 2001, I wasn't on the offensive side of the ball, but I can remember the feeling in the building was that he had something that nobody else had . . . and how strongly he felt that ultimately he would be a great player. It was obviously apparent in subsequent seasons.

"I think when you get a guy, and he's waiting for me to tell him he's going to be a great player, we might be waiting a long time," he said.

McDaniels respected the confidence Brady showed then and admires the confidence Tebow shows now.

"That confidence affects everybody," he said. "We could see it last week at rookie camp. There were a bunch of rookies out there with no confidence, except him. He's got such confidence that he will just not let himself fail.

"And that quality sometimes is very underrated. There are people with a great deal of God-given ability who are fun to watch, and it's really interesting to see what kind of seasons they'll put together. Then there are guys who will say they won't fail, our team's not going to fail, and they have a 'I'm not going to let you down' attitude. And that's what you notice with Tim."

NFL scouts, coaches and analysts offered two alarming criticisms about Tebow the quarterback: his long, looping delivery and his lack of arm strength.

McDaniels has no concern about either. The Monday before the draft, McDaniels and other members of the organization flew to Florida to decide if Tebow would be their man.

"We spent seven hours with him, and I came away thinking that everybody keeps talking about the thing I think we can fix that's my job as a coach and nobody's talking about the things we don't have to teach him because he already has all that.

"I was struck by his intelligence, the way he understands the game, how I can have a great football conversation with him. I didn't have to sit there and draw it up. I would say, 'If they do this, here's what I want you to do,' and he says, 'I got it, Coach.' "

McDaniels implies that Tebow could play quarterback for the Broncos sooner rather than later.

"To me, (Tebow's acumen) gives him an advantage, an opportunity to play earlier than other people have played. Everybody keeps talking about it will be two, three years before he can play, and I think they don't know this guy. His mental capacity, and the way that he works, and the fact that he's on such a fast pace, will give him the chance to compete apples-to-apples.

"It's all going to be about his production and performance. There are a lot of rookies who can't run plays because they can't figure it out yet. That's not going to be the case with Tim. He'll be able to do the things (veterans) do."

During that final visit with Tebow, the coach began to explain the Broncos' offensive terminology, and the quarterback picked it up immediately. When McDaniels quizzed the QB about defensive fronts, Tebow proved he could recognize every variation and how to respond.

"You know what Tim doesn't know about our playbook?" McDaniels asked, then answered. "Only what we haven't told him yet."

And when Tebow threw at his private workout, McDaniels knew he wanted to figure out a way to wheel and deal in the first round to get him.

In Florida and at rookie camp, Tebow "threw into the wind, with it, across it, and there were no issues," McDaniels said. When Tebow threw long, "he would be looking, looking, then stand up, without winding up and all that stuff, throw 60 yards, just like that. He's got a really strong arm."

McDaniels points his remote control at the television, and Tebow is brought to life. Back and forth, fast forward, rewind, the coach reveals the rookie's throwing motion.

The problem with his delivery, McDaniels said, was not as much the left arm action as the right side body reaction. Tebow's nonthrowing arm was flailing, and his right side was bailing out. He's corrected the throwing motion and cocked position, is releasing the ball quicker, and has eliminated the inaccurate sidearm passes. McDaniels had Tebow tuck his right elbow, straighten his shoulders and concentrate on forcing the "15" (on his jersey front) to fall off (figuratively) when he throws.

"See, he's doing it, after just a couple of days," McDaniels said, looking at the screen. "What's it going to be like after 65 practices? He gets it."

IT is happening with Tim Tebow.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15035778?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

dbfan21
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM

Besides, Baltimore is an a-hole of a city.

:thumbsup:

no-pseudo-fan
05-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I read that this morning, and it was awesome quote

sixtimeseight
05-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I wonder what that murderer piece of **** would have to say about Tebow if he played for the "U" instead of Florida?

Crushisback
05-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Geez I guess people like guys with high character better than murderers. Sorry Ray.

TheReverend
05-07-2010, 08:07 AM
The problem with his delivery, McDaniels said, was not as much the left arm action as the right side body reaction. Tebow's nonthrowing arm was flailing, and his right side was bailing out. He's corrected the throwing motion and cocked position, is releasing the ball quicker, and has eliminated the inaccurate sidearm passes. McDaniels had Tebow tuck his right elbow, straighten his shoulders and concentrate on forcing the "15" (on his jersey front) to fall off (figuratively) when he throws.

Ahem:

Tim's different, to say the least... He definitely CAN have the strongest arm in the bunch, he just has an awkward wind up (it's a ridiculously big wind up which has caused the "slow release" scouting complaints, etc) and he kinda flails his body into it too. It's really funny how he's managed to make it work for him honestly.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2828984&postcount=22

He's addressing the remnants of the patented Tim Tebow body flail in his release.

This is a fantastic video... getting so much better SO fast.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2830121&postcount=42

Nicely done, Josh. ^5

watermock
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
If he can do that, I'm sold.

Meck77
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Tebow...Tebow...Tebow....Tebow....Tebow........... ...

Got to love it!

Gob
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM

That's a good point. Apparently you only deserve help if you commit crimes or have character issues and need good PR. If you go out of your way to do good things and seek out help for non-PR issues then you shouldn't get anything.

watermock
05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
See, he's doing it, after just a couple of days," McDaniels said, looking at the screen. "What's it going to be like after 65 practices? He gets it."

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00105/c4s_saintsditka0202_105653c.jpg

StugotsIII
05-07-2010, 08:20 AM
This is simply false.

The only difference has been the media attention he has received. Tebow has gotten no more or no less help than any other player.

Look at all the help Deon Sanders gives players on a yearly basis...

Steve Sewell
05-07-2010, 08:21 AM
If he can do that, I'm sold.

Do what, exactly?

Dukes
05-07-2010, 08:22 AM
I wonder if Ray would be saying this nonsense if Tebow was black.

watermock
05-07-2010, 08:23 AM
I guess I'm just mad we didn't hire Saban.

watermock
05-07-2010, 08:32 AM
**** Lewis.

It's the great experiment.

Beavis has made his bed, time will tell.

I'm almost fallin under the TeeBow syndrome.

DomCasual
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Clearly, Tebow has been a hated figure on every team he's played on. You saw the interview after rookie camp. Dude is a complete narcissist. What a thug.::)

Meck77
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
I guess I'm just mad we didn't hire Saban.

Mock you'll have a Teboner soon enough. Favre is done!

StugotsIII
05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Every QB drafted in the NFL is, has been and always will be a project.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL.

Cool Breeze
05-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Classic case of you get what you give.

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Every QB drafted in the NFL is, has been and always will be a project.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL.

manning??

Taco John
05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah, it's completely suprising that people would try to attach themselves to a bright, young, budding talent. I mean, unprecedented, right?

HEAV
05-07-2010, 08:52 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmXxBYK4WHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmXxBYK4WHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll take one Tebow over twelve Ray Lewis's anyday. Ray Ray was and still at times a force on the field. But the facts remain that as a human being he's a piece of Sh*t! Just like Cutler, Marshall, Travis Henry and others...

Flex Gunmetal
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

What RayRay doesn't understand is that other players and coaches see Tebow differently than any other player, Tebow isn't saying these things about himself or demanding the attention. For he is Tebow, and they are merely tributes to his greatness.

StugotsIII
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
manning??

As a rookie, he lead the NFL in interceptions...

Even the great Peyton manning needed a ton of coaching and teaching...

ghwk
05-07-2010, 08:59 AM
As a Grad student at CSU I taught players back in the Kelly Stouffer era. Believe me they got plenty of extra help that non-athlete students didn't get.

Ray can go F himself. I'd love to see all the help he got making it through school because he could play ball.

bronco_diesel
05-07-2010, 09:00 AM
The amount of help that Tebow received is a testament to his character. Something Ray would know little about.

This

Garcia Bronco
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Tim Tebow does misson work in the phillipines
Ryan Lewis was involved with the stabbing death of two people and gets off free...yeah Ray... you have never had any help

Ugly Duck
05-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Ray Lewis is on the wrong side of 35, he had better hope Tebow doesn't learn how to use the truck stick before October 10th.

So now Tebow can beat down Ray Lewis. Yeah. Right.

Flex Gunmetal
05-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Hey look a raiders fan! They are endangered, you know.

Pony Boy
05-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Tebow has had a bulls eye on his back since his first college game, nothing new to him....

Houshyamama
05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
"OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG they're not looking at me as much. OMG OMG OMG OMG"

-Ray Lewis

Popps
05-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Tebow has had a bulls eye on his back since his first college game, nothing new to him....

Bingo.

Houshyamama
05-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Bow to Tebow and ask forgiveness, your soul is in danger.

Popps
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
In related news, Tebow is shocked that Ray Ray knifed someone.

montrose
05-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Looking forward to Tim trucking Ray.

scorpio
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM

I will pray for you.

gunns
05-07-2010, 10:03 AM
#1) Who gives a flying F what Ray Lewis thinks?

#2) It is my hope that every opposing team hates Tebow. I bet every team hated Elway, too.

I don't believe they hated him, they respected him. That's my hope for Tebow.

outdoor_miner
05-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Geez I guess people like guys with high character better than murderers. Sorry Ray.

Nice! ROFL!

And my thoughts exactly...

lookin' glass
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
When he was drafted I think if Ray had lots and lots of help - to do things his way, he'd be more understanding.

Old Dude
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
As if I needed more reasons to hate Ray Lewis.

DrFate
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I heard some of this segment. I didn't understand Cowherd's point.

Now granted - Cowherd is normally wrong, and I'd like to put him and Skip Bayless in a locked room for a while, to see if that much wrongness in proximity would make the universe end...

Who exactly has 'helped' Tebow? And how?

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Ray Ray has not allowed the Tebow-warmth to wash over him.

Archer81
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Ray Ray has not allowed the Tebow-warmth to wash over him.

That is the gayest avatar in the history of man.

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Hilarious! Well, you should know.

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Hilarious! just like rohirrim

Archer81
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Hilarious! Well, you should know.

Exactly.

Blart's avatar is less gay then yours and he has two half naked men in it.

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Exactly.

Blart's avatar is less gay then yours and he has two half naked men in it.

And yet, I'm man enough to pull it off. ;D

Archer81
05-07-2010, 11:29 AM
And yet, I'm man enough to pull it off. ;D

LOL.

Totally.

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Circle Orange has had some doozies. Ro has a long way to go before he enters that level of avatar "gayness".

Archer81
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Circle Orange has had some doozies. Ro has a long way to go before he enters that level of avatar "gayness".

This is true.

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM

I just wanted to find some way to express all the "goodness" that Tebow brings.

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
LOL.

Totally.

I don't think Jerry Falwell would approve.

crazyhorse
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I have to admit, I didn't understand all the hype behind a 3rd round QB. Everyone was predicting late 2nd to 3rd round for him, yet he was getting all the face time on TV. I still dont get it.

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I have to admit, I didn't understand all the hype behind a 3rd round QB. Everyone was predicting late 2nd to 3rd round for him, yet he was getting all the face time on TV. I still dont get it.

It's his "aura."

crazyhorse
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
It's his "aura."

I guess so.

He seems like a great kid. But he does get an unusual amount of attention.

More power to him.

Dogsweat
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Another product of the famous "U"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNypDGoC_8M

Thanks Ray for making Tebow more popular.....More jersey sales of Tim are imminent...:wave:

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 11:54 AM
just look at the players on both teams; absolutely classic, enough said. A video like this is worth more than a thousand words.

USMCBladerunner
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know about help, but he gets a lot of attention. The post draft coverage was all Tebow, all the time. I liked it for the fact that the Broncos were getting mad play on the tube, but he was pick 25? and was getting the MOSTEST attention of the draft.

Like Mark Sanchez last year, but on an even greater level.

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't know about help, but he gets a lot of attention. The post draft coverage was all Tebow, all the time. I liked it for the fact that the Broncos were getting mad play on the tube, but he was pick 25? and was getting the MOSTEST attention of the draft.

Like Mark Sanchez last year, but on an even greater level.

Well, the media are simply swaying coverage where the viewers demand it. His IS the number 1 selling jersey in the country....and it's not like the media are the ones buying it. They're giving the public what it has asked for.

HEAV
05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bLuWffFJlQw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bLuWffFJlQw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ray Lewis can't read or speak.

Baltim-Raiders

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I feel kind of sorry for Bay Bay. He was the number one pick, after all.

Drek
05-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Old man Ray Ray, that same guy who got his ass drug ten yards by Tatum "Anytime Minutes" Bell?

Yeah, he might want to watch himself if he think she's going to light up a 240 pound QB who's been running roughshod over the SEC the last few years, taking the best hits the young blood in the toughest collegiate football conference has to offer.

Ray Lewis is so ****ing overrated at this point.

HEAV
05-07-2010, 12:29 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmrm1FyWA1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmrm1FyWA1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

We suck each other

Dogsweat
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Ray Lewis can't read or speak.

Baltim-Raiders

lol

This is classic.

I thought he said, "Baltim Raisins"!!!

Jim Brown's announcement was classic too.

Go Raisins!!!!!!!!!!

Sugar Ray's fan club......

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/1/12981/raisins.jpg

HEAV
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uf6jYtaoXPs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uf6jYtaoXPs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

cousinal11
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I heard the segment and cowturd was in complete agreement. He went on to say that the Tebow pick set us back 7 years.

Off topic, but I think I hate cowturd more than any sports personality ever. He had the audacity to mock our pick of Thomas, claiming and I quote, "you think Marshall had character issues? Check out where this guy came from!"

Punk.

gunns
05-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't think Jerry Falwell would approve.

It was the purple one that Falwell felt was gay. So switch it up.

Quoydogs
05-07-2010, 01:15 PM

Dude I heard a story were Tebow was standing next to a mountain and then chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

epicSocialism4tw
05-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Uh oh...murderman hates it that this golden boy is stealing his press.

SureShot
05-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Tebow forgives Ray for his transgressions.

listopencil
05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Ray Lewis is a piece of ****. **** Ray Lewis.

Dedhed
05-07-2010, 05:02 PM

Started way before that. I can only imagine the whining of opposing coaches about being beaten by a kid who didn't attend the High School that he played for.

NYBronco
05-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Cowherd is really down on all things Broncos and refuses to give them any credibility.

NYBronco
05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Started way before that. I can only imagine the whining of opposing coaches about being beaten by a kid who didn't attend the High School that he played for.

My daughters boyfriend is a big OU Sooner fan and he really dislikes Tebow. The reasons are obvious why.

Broncos_OTM
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Dude . As i heard it TEbow HIRED these professionals to help him with his release....

Really Ray comeon the jealousy is all over your face. pretty pathetic if you ask me

FADERPROOF
05-07-2010, 07:04 PM

I forget the name of the reality show, but MTV had one that followed the Hoover high school(Alabama) football team and they played Tebow when he was a senior. Hoover won and you could tell how glad they were to rub it in cause of Tebow...the hate started in high school and never stopped.

cutthemdown
05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Guys like Lewis fear Tebow types could transform the NFL. Set a high standard for conduct that turds like Lewis can't live up to. Just stay out of trouble and don't help stab people. For some that's tough.

I can't believe how Florio at profootballtalk keeps loving on Tebow. Usually he makes fun of the Broncos.

FADERPROOF
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Guys like Lewis fear Tebow types could transform the NFL. Set a high standard for conduct that turds like Lewis can't live up to. Just stay out of trouble and don't help stab people. For some that's tough.

I can't believe how Florio at profootballtalk keeps loving on Tebow. Usually he makes fun of the Broncos.

I remember years back when Eddie George trucked him, imagine what Tebow can do to him.

tebowisdabomb
05-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I am sick of people hating on Tebow because he happens to love Jesus
Maybe what the NFL needs is more class in players like Tebow instead of reading about someone raping, shooting or getting arrested for a bar fight or DWI

I am a Raiderfan and I hate the Donks but I hope this kid succeeds and proves the whole hating world that he can love Jesus Christ and not be ashamed of it and play football too.

There is one reason the media hates Tebow and one reason only, and that he is a religious person that is not afraid to show it.

I think you gave away too many picks to get him but I think Tebow will be a good QB in the NFL

bronco610
05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe what the NFL needs is more class in players like Tebow instead of reading about someone raping, shooting or getting arrested for a bar fight or DWI

I am a Raiderfan and I hate the Donks but I hope this kid succeeds and proves the whole hating world that he can love Jesus Christ and not be ashamed of it and play football too.

There is one reason the media hates Tebow and one reason only, and that he is a religious person that is not afraid to show it.

I think you gave away too many picks to get him but I think Tebow will be a good QB in the NFL

Come on You can't be a raiders fan, that post made way too much sense.

baja
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I am going to watch the jets closely this season to see how that "talent above all" works for them.

Kaylore
05-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Based on what he said, it sounds like he's plain old jealous.

Kaylore
05-07-2010, 08:10 PM

The media loves Tebow. One of the ESPN analysts mentioned its why there is so much coverage on him in the draft. Many thought it was overkill, but Tebow has a national fanbase and that means more money for commercials.

As a result of the hype, there is always and equal amount of hate and that's what you're seeing.

GoBroncos DownUnder
05-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I dislike Ray Lewis, BUT this pic still CRACKS me up!
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_wk_02_2009_01_BETTER.jpg

I actually think this is a case of the media taking Ray's comments out of context though.

HEAV
05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I remember years back when Eddie George trucked him, imagine what Tebow can do to him.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vj67JNQv5Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vj67JNQv5Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Circle Orange
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2010 9:41 AM ET

We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

I don't even know what all that babble means.

It's still about production, not hype. That "it" stuff is for geeks who listen to music in the background at NFL Films.

baja
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
That's as wrong as your hair doos

Gort
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
he's clearly jealous, but i think Stabby McStabsalot has forgotten that he had help stabbing those two people to death in Atlanta.

HEAV
05-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I wonder what Ray thought of the Tuohy family and their role in Michael Oher's life.

TheReverend
05-09-2010, 09:50 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vj67JNQv5Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vj67JNQv5Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tackle achieved.

Way to go Eddie George? lol

BroncoLifer
05-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I forget the name of the reality show, but MTV had one that followed the Hoover high school(Alabama) football team and they played Tebow when he was a senior. Hoover won and you could tell how glad they were to rub it in cause of Tebow...the hate started in high school and never stopped.

Are you sure? A high school team from Alabama had Tebow's team from the Jacksonville, Fl area on its schedule?

strafen
05-09-2010, 12:17 PM
I have to admit, I didn't understand all the hype behind a 3rd round QB. Everyone was predicting late 2nd to 3rd round for him, yet he was getting all the face time on TV. I still dont get it.Me neither.
When I look at the QB's in this draft and compare, I still rather have Tebow over any other QB that was available.
If he wasn't that much of an NFL prospect, how is it that in the first day of his rookie mini-camp, every national media outlet was at Dove Valley?

We will see. I'm very happy we've got him. I've never bought into all the anti-Tebow sentiment. I think the guy has enough fire in him to be a great one and he'll be operating under a control system that will play to his abilities, which are endless...

Put me down as one who believes he'll be our starting QB in opening day. :thumbsup:

Smilin Assassin
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Are you sure? A high school team from Alabama had Tebow's team from the Jacksonville, Fl area on its schedule?

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=447960

Rohirrim
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I wonder how many years before Ray is stabbing underage hookers in some cheap hotel?

Quoydogs
05-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Imagine that a Raiders fan talking about the all the NFL's classless players. Irony at it best

HEAV
05-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I wonder how many years before Ray is stabbing underage hookers in some cheap hotel?

On Taylor being charged with third-degree rape:

Ray Lewis: Well first of all, I don't have a clue what happened. I have been on a plane all morning, so I don't have a clue as to what just happened. It would be bad for me to speak on.

People have to know that [high-profile athletes] are complete targets. ... I think that is the issue that kind of needs to be brought up instead of always athlete, always athlete. Trust me, athletes are not always wrong. Sometimes you run into bad people, and bad people put you in bad situations.

uplink
05-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Why is Ray shocked there is a federal program for it:

Federal-Aid Tebow funds are authorized by Congress to assist the States in providing for construction, reconstruction, and improvement of Tim Tebow's skill set on eligible Federal-Aid educational structures and for other special purpose programs and projects. Through the Federal Tebow 2 Program, funding is provided for improving access to and general ass kissing for Mr. Tebow.

The principal statutes establishing the Federal-Aid Tebow Programs are found in Title 15, United States Code (15 U.S.C.). Regulatory requirements are generally found in Title 15, Education, of the Code of Federal Regulations (15 CFR).

DivineBronco
05-09-2010, 08:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/09/ray-lewis-way-to-be-unveiled-in-baltimore-on-tuesday/

woooooooow maybe next week Leonard Little will get middle school named after him

Quoydogs
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
So if I go out and kill someone will they name a street after me?:thanku:

colonelbeef
05-09-2010, 09:50 PM
People actually listen to Colin Cowherd?

::shudder::

Circle Orange
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
People actually listen to Colin Cowherd?

::shudder::

I'm just glad he's no longer broadcast in DC. The WTEM and ESPN affiliate kept cramming him into national time slots here, and it never worked (his ratings sucked). They put him on in the morning. In the early afternoon. In the dead of night. Nothing worked. No one cared about his idiotic, self righteous dialog. And some of his topics were WTF. He'd get on the airwaves and talk about people who don't wear socks, and how their feet stink. This, for three hours? Or his made up sexist garbage in a lame attempt to get dialogue going. His fake controversy failed to get any interest here, either. The master of the run on sentence for five minutes.

COWHERD = SKIP BAYLESS ON EVEN MORE CRACK

COWHERD = EPIC FAIL.