PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Taylor accused of raping a 16-year-old

Pony Boy
05-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Hall of Fame linebacker Taylor accused of rape
51-year-old former New York Giants great allegedly commits crime in hotel

SUFFERN, N.Y. - Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor was arrested Thursday in connection with a reported rape in the New York City suburbs, police said. The victim reportedly was a 15-year-old girl.

Ramapo Detective Lt. Brad Weidel said the former New York Giants linebacker had not been formally charged, but that police were investigating a reported rape that occurred earlier Thursday at a hotel in Montebello.

According to lohud.com, the victim was underage and was beaten during the attack. Taylor was charged with third-degree rape, the web site reported.

Police said they would hold a news conference Thursday afternoon. They did not immediately respond to questions about the circumstances of the arrest and whether Taylor, 51, had a lawyer.

Taylor was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 1999 and competed in ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” last year. He had a highly publicized struggle with drug addiction and has had multiple legal run-ins in retirement.

A quick, fierce and athletic linebacker who redefined his position, Taylor anchored the Giants’ defense and led New York to Super Bowls titles in 1987 and 1991. He was selected to the NFL’s 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.

A 10-time Pro Bowler, he was the NFL Most Valuable Player in 1986 and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, 1982 and 1986. He recorded 132.5 sacks, which doesn’t included the 9.5 sacks in 1981 when the statistic wasn’t official.

In 2001, Taylor was convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia in New Jersey. The conviction stemmed from the September 1998 discovery in a hotel room of a butane torch and other materials commonly used to smoke crack.

In 1996 and 1997, he was arrested in South Carolina and Florida on drug charges. In those cases, he either admitted his guilt or agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36987069/ns/sports-nfl?GT1=43001

In 2000, he drew five years of federal probation for filing false tax returns and for tax evasion.

Dedhed
05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Wtf

mizzoutigers
05-06-2010, 09:33 AM
and who's shocked by this

Los Broncos
05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
He must be back on the crack.

Rohirrim
05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Damn, that's some ugly ****.

TheDave
05-06-2010, 09:36 AM
LT has to be the poster child for the phrase "million dollar talent, 10 cent head"...

Dogsweat
05-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Lawrence Rothlisburger, I wonder what the league will do?

HEAV
05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
The Journal News reported that Taylor is being charged with third-degree rape, a charge involving intercourse with a minor.

According to the newspaper, the alleged victim in the case is a 15-year-old girl who apparently is a runaway from New York City. The girl was treated at a hospital following the incident, according to the Journal News.

"She was a runaway since March and there was a pimp involved," Christopher P. St. Lawrence, the supervisor of the town of Ramapo, told the Journal News. "She got punched in the face. We're not sure who did it."

An uncle of the girl contacted New York City police, according to the Journal News.

HEAV
05-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Lawrence Rothlisburger, I wonder what the league will do?

Nothing. OJ Simpson is still in the HOF and he killed two people. League will use LT as an example to younger players of what they don't want anymore in the NFL.

Br0nc0Buster
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Your move roethlisberger

Dogsweat
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Nothing. OJ Simpson is still in the HOF and he killed two people. League will use LT as an example to younger players of what they don't want anymore in the NFL.

Even--- if this is in the peodophile realm?

LT=Likes Teenagers

BowlenBall
05-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Bad karma for beating the Broncos in 1987... been waiting for this for 23 years....

Kaylore
05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I didn't believe it at first, especially the way the first story was writte, until it was released that she was a hooker and the beating could have come from the pimp. I don't see LT, for all his stupidity, as someone who would attack and rape someone, especially a young girl. I DO see him as someone who would order a hooker, not realize she was underage (don't ask, don't tell), something goes wrong or the girl doesn't pay daddy all she's supposed to, gets beat up by the pimp, goes to hospital, everything gets leaked, and then he gets busted for sex with a minor. Yes, that seems like him.

Pony Boy
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I didn't believe it at first, especially the way the first story was writte, until it was released that she was a hooker and the beating could have come from the pimp. I don't see LT, for all his stupidity, as someone who would attack and rape someone, especially a young girl. I DO see him as someone who would order a hooker, not realize she was underage (don't ask, don't tell), something goes wrong or the girl doesn't pay daddy all she's supposed to, gets beat up by the pimp, goes to hospital, everything gets leaked, and then he gets busted for sex with a minor. Yes, that seems like him.

Bill Parcells said a few years ago, "Lawrence is all about channeling. There is so much boiling and roiling inside that man, he needs a way for those things to come out. As a football player it was easy. I know the challenges he faces to deal with those internal issues every day now that he isn’t playing every day.”

BroncoSojia
05-06-2010, 10:34 AM
"Which brings me to my next point"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mizzoutigers
05-06-2010, 10:39 AM

I respect your posts, but come on man, how do you not think LT would rape or attack someone

rbackfactory80
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM

This sounds right. Would have to say growing up in NYC in the eighties Taylor was one of my favorite all-time players. These guys definitely are not role models. Last week it was Tiger, this week it is Taylor, and next week it will be someone else.

broncosteven
05-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Or Michael Irvin.

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I heard on the light rail that her pimp's name is Atiim Kiambu Hakeem-ah Barber.

boppool
05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
"Which brings me to my next point"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That clip was exactly what I was thinking when saw the news ^5

Doggcow
05-06-2010, 12:14 PM

Yeah, thats what it kinda seems like to me. The girl ran away from home and became a prostitute...

dbfan21
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Your move roethlisberger

:spit:

dbfan21
05-06-2010, 01:36 PM
In all honesty, this is just terrible. A 15-year old? Seriously?! This world can be so, so sick!

Los Broncos
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
In all honesty, this is just terrible. A 15-year old? Seriously?! This world can be so, so sick!

Really sad, speaking of that, a couple of years ago here a 12 year old girl was raped by an ice cream man.

Even worse she got pregnant, it really bothered me even tho I didn't her or her family.

Kaylore
05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I respect your posts, but come on man, how do you not think LT would rape or attack someone

Because he has no history of doing it? Because he doesn't fit the profile of a rapist? Because he wouldn't need to? Because rapists don't magically start raping in their forties?

HEAV
05-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Taylor was formally arraigned on charges of 3rd degree rape (sex with a minor) and patronizing a prostitute in the 3rd degree.

The prosecution first requested that the judge set bail at $100k, citing LT's lengthy criminal history. Taylor's attorney called the request "ludicrous." Ultimately, the judge settled on $75k.

Minutes before the arraignment, cops held a news conference, where they confirmed several facts:

-- LT was "very cooperative" with police.

-- Cops say LT had some alcohol inside his hotel room, but officials won't specify what kind or how much. LT didn't appear to be intoxicated when cops arrived to his room.

-- Officers also claim LT did not attack his accuser, her black eye was caused before she arrived to his hotel room.

-- LT has been charged with rape in the 3rd degree -- which is essentially statutory rape.
The charge is a Class E felony -- and if convicted, LT could face up to 4 years in prison.

Cops also state that LT has been charged with patronizing a prostitute in the 3rd degree -- and if convicted, LT could face up to one year in jail.

-- Cops confirm that LT is accused of paying $300 for sex.

-- Officials "do not know" if the victim resisted having sex with LT -- it's important to recognize that LT has not been charged with forcible rape.

-- Cops say LT did not answer the door when they arrived -- so they let themselves in. Cops say they did not have a search warrant, because they didn't need one.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/06/live-lawrence-taylor-news-conference/#ixzz0nBaK68kp

Doggcow
05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Btw this thread is wrong, the girl is now 16 years old. Lets see how old she is and what happened come end of the day...

Mr.Meanie
05-06-2010, 02:20 PM

But who cares because she's probably a worthless inner city liberal, right?

Atwater His Ass
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Bad karma for beating the Broncos in 1987... been waiting for this for 23 years....

I suppose you mean this as a joke, but it's pretty crass.

A 15 year old girl has to get assaulted for you to get "karma" revenge?

cutthemdown
05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Goodbye Taylor, have fun in prison. What a turd. Coke snorting rapist can go to hell.

Old Dude
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Thread title edited.

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
But who cares because she's probably a worthless inner city liberal, right?

LOL good call

Cito Pelon
05-07-2010, 10:59 AM
This is a wait and see story. I'm gonna reserve judgement.

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2010, 11:01 AM
-- Officers also claim LT did not attack his accuser, her black eye was caused before she arrived to his hotel room.

-- Cops confirm that LT is accused of paying $300 for sex.

Bigger issue here: who pays $300 to have sex with a hooker with a black eye?

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 11:10 AM
also alleged oral sex only, not sure if that means anything different legally

Popps
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Again, imagine the trouble we save our society if this stuff could just be legalized and regulated.

Instead, we put a massive financial and social burden on our communities to try to chase down something that's never going to stop, and we put young women even further in harm's way.

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
also alleged oral sex only, not sure if that means anything different legally

That makes it even worse IMO. $300 for a bj from a hooker with a black eye? $50.....tops.

Where's the ESPN crew? This should make the "C'mon man" segment.

mizzoutigers
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Absence of intercourse won't necessarily save L.T.

Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2010 2:24 PM ET
In the aftermath of lawyer Arthur Aidala's appearance with Mike Francesa of WFAN, a sense is emerging during the call-in portion of Francesa's show that, if Taylor had sexual contact but not sexual intercourse with the 16-year-old girl, Taylor is off the hook for felony charges.

But it's not quite that simple.

Currently, Taylor is charged with third-degree rape under Section 130.25 of the New York Penal Law. The statute specifically contemplates intercourse.

So what if Taylor and the alleged victim only had "Clinton sex"? Taylor apparently would face the same consequence.

Section 130.40 of the New York Penal Law outlaws "criminal sexual act in the third degree," and it encompasses for persons 21 years of age or older engaging in "oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct with a person less than seventeen years old."

Like third-degree rape, third-degree criminal sexual act is a Class E felony. So it's a distinction without a difference.

And it sounds as if Taylor already has given authorities enough when he gave them a statement -- probably before anyone bothered to tell him that he wasn't simply in trouble for patronizing a prostitute, but for having illegal sexual contact with someone under the age of 17.

Rohirrim
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
He should just look into the camera and say, "I did not have sex with that woman."

That should work.

Dukes
05-07-2010, 11:38 AM
He should just look into the camera and say, "I did not have sex with that woman."

That should work.

Saying "I didn't have sex with that child" wouldn't go over well