PDA

View Full Version : Ben Worthlessberger: Even scummier than imagined

Gort
05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Denver Broncos fans have always known he was a major douchenozzle, but now SI is on the story.

Jack McCallum's article could probably be defined as a hit piece, but it's an entirely fair one. If half of the stuff in the story is true, then Roethlisberger is even scummier than imagined.http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__23/ept_sports_nfl_experts-852873360-1273061614.jpg?ymuTvFDDYKUWKjxo

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Man-behaving-badly-SI-details-lewd-crude-Roeth;_ylt=ApGuelii5NvOV11ub5csin2yubYF?urn=nfl,23 8811

and

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1169185/index.htm

PRBronco
05-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Intense. Let's hope for a good preseason to drive up the values of our glut of quarterbacks, see if we can't fleece the Steelers :D

Man-Goblin
05-05-2010, 12:35 PM
If the SI cover jinx holds true, Ben is in for a major drought of pussy.

TailgateNut
05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
If the SI cover jinx holds true, Ben is in for a major drought of p***Y.

:spit:

Quoydogs
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
There is no doubt in my mind Ben is a scum bag.

This has given me a great Idea. We should get a slew of hot young chicks on the board. Then If there is a player that needs to go but the coach does not see it that way we can make it happen.

That's right folks, this is a way the fans can take control. We just take some of our hot chicks, have them make false accusations about the player and whether he did it or not it sounds like we can get rid of him for at least 6 games.

PRBronco
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
There is no doubt in my mind Ben is a scum bag.

This has given me a great Idea. We should get a slew of hot young chicks on the board. Then If there is a player that needs to go but the coach does not see it that way we can make it happen.

That's right folks, this is a way the fans can take control. We just take some of our hot chicks, have them make false accusations about the player and whether he did it or not it sounds like we can get rid of him for at least 6 games.

Just don't use anyone you care about, because Ben WILL actually rape them.

Quoydogs
05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Just don't use anyone you care about, because Ben WILL actually rape them.

Nope I was thinking our own team. Say like when Slowik was F'n it all up. Throw a couple chicks his way and bye bye for a while. I mean chances are that we would have had a better d with no coach.

Of course the same goes for a player not doing well.

PRBronco
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Nope I was thinking our own team. Say like when Slowik was F'n it all up. Throw a couple chicks his way and bye bye for a while. I mean chances are that we would have had a better d with no coach.

Of course the same goes for a player not doing well.

Lol oh ok. I would have ok'd pretty much anything to get Slowik out.

Rabb
05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
You: hey do you think you and some of your hot friends could help me?

Hot chick: What do you have in mind?

You: well some friends of mine and I on this internet message bo..

Hot chick: (interrupting) wait, friends on a message board...so you talk on the internet?

You: yes but it's not as dorky as it sounds...so anyway we..

Hot chick: (interrupting again) are you like into video games?

You: *sigh* no, we are Denver Bronco football fans that talk about it

Hot chick: oh wow so you are like part of the team?

You: well, no...just fans that talk about it

Hot chick: so you don't play at all?

You: you know what...never mind

Quoydogs
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
You: hey do you think you and some of your hot friends could help me?

Hot chick: What do you have in mind?

You: well some friends of mine and I on this internet message bo..

Hot chick: (interrupting) wait, friends on a message board...so you talk on the internet?

You: yes but it's not as dorky as it sounds...so anyway we..

Hot chick: (interrupting again) are you like into video games?

You: *sigh* no, we are Denver Bronco football fans that talk about it

Hot chick: oh wow so you are like part of the team?

You: well, no...just fans that talk about it

Hot chick: so you don't play at all?

You: you know what...never mind

You make a valid case. Point taken :thumbs:

TonyR
05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Here's a good summary of the article:

SI story on Roethlisberger features several new details
Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2010 8:36 AM ET

We pointed out before calling it a night that the new Sports Illustrated contains a feature regarding Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Though the magazine is not yet on newsstands, the article by Jack McCallum has been posted on the SI.com web site.

Here are some highlights (or, as the case may be, lowlights):

1. Agent Ryan Tollner claims that Roethlisbeger has gotten the message. "[H]e's a good person who doesn't want to be remembered as the kind of guy who's being presented to the public right now," Tollner said.

2. In 2006, several months after Roethlisberger had suffered serious injuries due to riding a motorcycle without a helmet and then vowed to always wear a helmet in the future, KDKA-TV captured images of him riding a motorcycle without a helmet. He shot a middle finger to the camera as he drove away. The story never aired, possibly due to concerns that it would have disrupted the station's relationship with the Steelers. (KDKA broadcasts the team's preseason games, and also is the local CBS affiliate.)

3. Accounts of Roethlisberger's "Do you know who I am?" attitude arose repeatedly during the visit by Sports Illustrated writers to Pittsburgh.

4. A source close to Roethlisberger said that his goal with the alleged victim in Milledgeville wasn't intercourse but "Clinton sex." (Please, enjoy your breakfast.)

5. The police officer who resigned in the wake of the Milledgeville incident, Jerry Blash, has a sign in his carport that reads "RESERVED PIMP PARKING. HO'S IN BACK." (We're far more offended by the fact that it's not funny at all.)

6. A person named "Craig" told SI that, a few weeks before the Milledgeville incident, he overheard Roethlisberger making lewd comments to a pregnant waitress at a T.G.I.Friday's restaurant. "Did your boyfriend forget to pull out?" were among the things Roethlisberger allegedly said.

7. Roethlisberger held a party on the one-year anniversary of his motorcycle accident, and his behavior resulted in Roethlisberger being required in the future to pay the $5 cover charge at the bar, which thereafter prompted a call from a Steelers security official asking why Ben had been banned. The owner of the bar said that Roethlisberger hasn't been banned but also said, "Tell him he's an arrogant asshole, and every Steeler can get in without a cover except him."

8. An unnamed friend of Roethlisberger's said that, when they are out together, the friend feels obligated to apologize to waiters and bartenders for Ben's behavior. The friend has never witnessed sexual impropriety, but he has seen Ben "disrespect" women.

9. I've long believed that words and actions during playground basketball games are one of the biggest indicators of a guy's true character. So this observation from the unnamed friend struck a chord: "He is embarrassed by Roethlisberger's pettiness and immaturity during pickup basketball games -- he says Big Ben will whine about team selection, talk mean-spirited trash and flex his biceps when he makes a good play."

10. Teammate Willie Colon, who was with Roethlisberger on the fateful night in Milledgeville, had this to say about the situation. "The fans have a right to be upset," he said. "They buy tickets to support us. Remember that Ben is a human being, and human beings make mistakes. Hopefully he learns from his and moves on."

We recommend reading the entire article, along with additional info from David Epstein, which eventually will be posted at SI.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/05/si-story-on-roethlisberger-features-several-new-details/

Rabb
05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
You make a valid case. Point taken :thumbs:

lol, just bustin' your balls

:thumbs:

Man-Goblin
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I did not know this...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clinton%20sex

Also, the SI article once again demonstrates that nothing good comes from active pro football players playing pickup basketball.

Inkana7
05-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I've been saying this about him for years. I'm not far from Pittsburgh at all, and dated a girl who's brother was a bouncer at one of the clubs there. Roethlisberger is a Grade-A Asshole.

_Oro_
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I've long believed that words and actions during playground basketball games are one of the biggest indicators of a guy's true character.

Maybe my "true character" is a competitive douche, but I'm usually a pretty laid back and relaxed guy. However, throw me into a pickup game and sometimes it gets intense out there. I'd really like to think that my "competitive game mode self" is not
my "true self".

BlaK-Argentina
05-05-2010, 03:17 PM
What a douche. Now I know why I hated him. And that stupid Big Ben nickname.

BigPlayShay
05-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Also, the SI article once again demonstrates that nothing good comes from active pro football players playing pickup basketball.

Did someone say pick-up basketball?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26448&stc=1&d=1272611189

Atwater His Ass
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
The fact that he's a dick, who cares? Most professional athletes are. It's just internet mentality of piling on at this point. Wow, he talks trash during a bball game? OMG! LYNCH HIM!

What sets him apart isn't that he's a dick, it's that he physically assualts women.

HEAV
05-05-2010, 04:47 PM
For people that live in (or around) the Pittsburgh market, the Big Ben being a asshat is nothing new.

Tombstone RJ
05-05-2010, 04:55 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26448&stc=1&d=1272611189

who is that?

Archer81
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
who is that?

Jeff Lewis.

QBOTF before he shredded his knee...in a pickup basketball game. We traded him to Carolina...

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
05-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Ah yes, Jeff Lewis from Northern Arizona. That's a party school.

ro_50
05-05-2010, 05:13 PM

I at one time thought he was the future starting QB of Denver.

Hence, why I'm no football expert. :D

Chris
05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
I think people are forgetting one important fact - that Big Ben is one of the ugliest men to ever walk this planet.

Ray Finkle
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
who is that?

if you didn't know that, your Bronco card should be taken away....

Sassy
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Hmmm...people NOT sticking up for Ben...but sticking up for marshall? (Well, at one time anyway.)

HILife
05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I did not know this...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clinton%20sex

I love me some "clinton sex"

Los Broncos
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Blames his problems on being young, I mean what young guy hasn't sexually assaulted a female.

Gimme a break...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5273150&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Ben Roethlisberger said he got caught up in being a caricature called Big Ben, not the grounded player and person he once was, leading to his off-field problems and affecting his play as the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.

In his first detailed interviews since a Georgia college student accused him of sexually assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom on March 5, Roethlisberger told Pittsburgh TV stations KDKA and WTAE that he doesn't have an alcohol problem. Before the alleged assault, Roethlisberger and his party ordered considerable amounts of alcohol.

When the NFL announced Roethlisberger's six-game suspension on April 21, commissioner Roger Goodell said the quarterback was required to undergo evaluation. Neither the league nor Roethlisberger has detailed what was being evaluated.

While Roethlisberger told KDKA there were drinking issues on his late mother's side of the family, he said his father, Ken, never permitted alcohol in their house, even when the quarterback played at Miami (Ohio).

"Moving forward, you have to make sure you make the right decision, and that right decision is something I'm going to have to make, when that [alcohol] situation presents itself," he told KDKA. "You can't stop living, but you've got to live smart."

Roethlisberger apologized extensively for his behavior and promised he won't go back to being the ego-driven, rude and boorish person he was before, not only in public but also in private.

"I got caught up being Big Ben the whole time. I lost track of who Ben Roethlisberger was. It's not something I'm proud of," he told WTAE.

Similarly, he told KDKA, "Big Ben just kept building up. It ended up coming off the field. It kept taking over. Superman kept taking over Clark Kent and you just never saw who Ben Roethlisberger was any more. At the time, I didn't see it. I was gaining everything but I was losing a lot of who I was raised to be."

Mr. Elway
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Similarly, he told KDKA, "Big Ben just kept building up. It ended up coming off the field. It kept taking over. Superman kept taking over Clark Kent and you just never saw who Ben Roethlisberger was any more. At the time, I didn't see it. I was gaining everything but I was losing a lot of who I was raised to be."

I guess I don't remember that part of the superman movies.

MaloCS
06-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Maybe my "true character" is a competitive douche, but I'm usually a pretty laid back and relaxed guy. However, throw me into a pickup game and sometimes it gets intense out there. I'd really like to think that my "competitive game mode self" is not
my "true self".

You do realize that it's a freaking pick up game right? It's not the NBA championship. ROFL!

So which are you? A has been or a never was? Just sayin. From my experience the majority of guys that act like you are one of the two. Rapistberger on the other hand just seems to be an asshole.

:clown: