PDA

View Full Version : Sooner or Later,,, we all love the Tebow

supermanhr9
05-05-2010, 07:04 AM
I have noticed a definite change in opinion of Tim on here lately. I see more and more positive comments, praise to his work ethic, and overall enhanced support from a majority here on the Mane. DO you guys agree?

It must be said that sooner rather than later, we have all began or are at least beginning to love the Tebow, and I for one am guilty of anxiously searching on the Mane for new highlights and posts about either him or our quarterback situation.

With that being said, Orton if you're reading this, take no offense, I expect you to be the leader of the team, however be careful, because I heard rumors of Chuck Norris befriending Tebow, and that could be dangerous.

scttgrd
05-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Not all of us. Keep your man love to yourself.

titan
05-05-2010, 07:13 AM
I am really rooting for Tebow and hope he turns into a great player, but the fan adoration kind of reminds me of the Chicago infatuation with Cutler last summer. You know how that turned out.

"This town sure likes new quarterbacks" an old bronco qb once said.

Meck77
05-05-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm just glad that our team now has players who want to be Denver Broncos and that every coach and player will be held accountable for their actions/results again. Shanny lost focus but thankfully Bowlen put him in check. Gone are the gutless drunks and crybabies. I've even noticed the hate towards our owner and coach seems to have subsided around here as well.

Will Tebow live up to the hype? Only time will tell but the desire sure seems to be there.

It's time for some of you to pull your old Bronco hats out and wear them with pride again. Everything is going to be alright.

Play2win
05-05-2010, 07:29 AM
How can you not love the guy?

Everybody has their views...

God, Football, and Country... what is more American than that?!?

no-pseudo-fan
05-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I route for Bronco Players. Tebow plays for the Broncos. That is it.

Ray Finkle
05-05-2010, 07:34 AM
The sting is lessened by the fact that he is such a good person, you cannot root against him BUT I still doubt he will be a game changing QB. I worry about his arm strength and his ability to zip the ball in tight spaces under pressure.

no-pseudo-fan
05-05-2010, 07:35 AM
How can you not love the guy?

Everybody has their views...

God, Football, and Country... what is more American than that?!?

To train him to think of the unit before himself. To respect the code.

Unit. Corps. God. Country.

_Oro_
05-05-2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.hitsusa.com/1-good-ones/tebow-creation.jpg

Deuce
05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
I route for Bronco Players. Tebow plays for the Broncos. That is it.
+1 bingo

HEAV
05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/btmHsUYNBaU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/btmHsUYNBaU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jesterhole
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I still don't love the pick or McDaniels, but I don't hold anything against Tebow for being picked. There is potential there...he could honestly be anything from a John Elway to a Vince Young to a Eric Crouch. We won't know until he gets out there.

However, if he doesn't work out, I know it would be due to lack of effort or commitment from him. That's respectable and refreshing.

NFLBRONCO
05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
As one of the biggest critics of this pick of Tebow. I do like alot about him his character work ethic (so nice to see) and even his career at Florida being a winner. All those things give him a chance to do good at this level. I just have my doubts how good his game will translate into pro game. Its one thing winning alot with one of the best programs in college football and its another playing on a rebuilding pro team.

Whoever said, this is like the love affair by fans like in Chicago last year. Two different scenerio's if Tebow had Cutlers skillset I'd be jumping for joy right now. As most agree Cutler's biggest issue is between his ears something we don't have with Tebow. As a fan I hope Tebow's game ends up being great and I'm being wrong.

bowtown
05-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I will love the Tebow when he gets on the field and produces and proves me wrong for thinking it was a wasted pick. I will root for him now.

Rohirrim
05-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Tebow? Isn't that one of the teletubbies?

Pony Boy
05-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I'd like to have a pup out of Tebow....

Drek
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
As one of the biggest critics of this pick of Tebow. I do like alot about him his character work ethic (so nice to see) and even his career at Florida being a winner. All those things give him a chance to do good at this level. I just have my doubts how good his game will translate into pro game. Its one thing winning alot with one of the best programs in college football and its another playing on a rebuilding pro team.

Whoever said, this is like the love affair by fans like in Chicago last year. Two different scenerio's if Tebow had Cutlers skillset I'd be jumping for joy right now. As most agree Cutler's biggest issue is between his ears something we don't have with Tebow. As a fan I hope Tebow's game ends up being great and I'm being wrong.
Most agree with that?

The guy still in his fourth year as an NFL QB was throwing off his back foot, ignoring open check downs, showing no touch when he did turn to a check down, has mediocre deep ball accuracy, and is unable to take care of the football even when it doesn't leave his hands.

Cutler has a lot of raw talent, but it is not very refined and four years into his NFL career he hasn't shown much progression. Tim Tebow has a lot of raw talent himself, and while its even less refined than Cutler he's shown more progress in one spring/summer (assuming the new throwing motion sticks) than Cutler has his entire career.

Chris
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
You just jinxed it.

DomCasual
05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
I feel a little silly admitting it, but this was me over the weekend at the hotel Tim was staying.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YXdxdv_l6L8/ST8QFUQ_Q9I/AAAAAAAADVw/LrEWL6Ree1A/s400/sayanything_InYourEyes.jpg

supermanhr9
05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Most agree with that?

The guy still in his fourth year as an NFL QB was throwing off his back foot, ignoring open check downs, showing no touch when he did turn to a check down, has mediocre deep ball accuracy, and is unable to take care of the football even when it doesn't leave his hands.

Cutler has a lot of raw talent, but it is not very refined and four years into his NFL career he hasn't shown much progression. Tim Tebow has a lot of raw talent himself, and while its even less refined than Cutler he's shown more progress in one spring/summer (assuming the new throwing motion sticks) than Cutler has his entire career.

Boom,,, that just happened

Kaylore
05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm still not thrilled with what we gave up in a deep draft. However I am excited that we filled our other needs and that we got some solid offensive linemen. I'm embracing Tebow because he's a Bronco and it's in our best interest that he do well. He's going to work his butt of and I know that will payoff to some degree. I am not sold he'll be great as a pro. We'll see.

Requiem
05-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Kaylore stop bitchin'. I'ma give you a hawt carl.

OABB
05-05-2010, 09:43 AM
I have a raging tebowner and I'm not ashamed. I started to fall in love with him when I watched the espn doc on him. I want to be with tebow forever.

Hogan11
05-05-2010, 09:47 AM
As a Gator Hater, this guy was the ultimate boogyman every Saturday.

It's gonna take awhile, you just can't switch off that kind of deep seeded animosity by putting on a Broncos jersey. He'll have to earn it with me.

TailgateNut
05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
He'll have to earn it with me.

Just like every other 1ST round draft pick must do to justify the pick/cost.

Bronco_Beerslug
05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
]I'm just glad that our team now has players who want to be Denver Broncos and that every coach and player will be held accountable for their actions/results again.[/B] Shanny lost focus but thankfully Bowlen put him in check. Gone are the gutless drunks and crybabies. I've even noticed the hate towards our owner and coach seems to have subsided around here as well.

Will Tebow live up to the hype? Only time will tell but the desire sure seems to be there.

It's time for some of you to pull your old Bronco hats out and wear them with pride again. Everything is going to be alright.Exactly! It's been hard to root for this team in the last half of Shanahan's reign.

Regarding Tebow, he's big enough and smart enough, and apparently has a team first attitude so I hope he works out for us.

tsiguy96
05-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Just like every other 1ST round draft pick must do to justify the pick/cost.

22nd and 25th picks dont make much, comparatively.

supermanhr9
05-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I would say combined their contracts will not even come close to Bradfords or the rest of the top five? I am just guessing actually.

I do predict Tebow is the first to sign for whatever amount they throw at him.

Pick Six
05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Before he was drafted, I predicted that he will do his best to prove that he is a legitimate NFL quarterback. This pick may not pay dividends this year (or even next year). However, he has the size and heart to be an NFL quarterback. I'm rooting for the kid...

footstepsfrom#27
05-06-2010, 02:11 AM
if Tebow had Cutlers skillset I'd be jumping for joy right now. As most agree Cutler's biggest issue is between his ears something we don't have with Tebow. As a fan I hope Tebow's game ends up being great and I'm being wrong.

How different are their skill sets when you get right down to it? This guy has to be the most over analzyed player I've ever seen. He dominated the NFL combine by leading all QB's in 5 categories. That doesn't seem like a guy without the right talent. I keep hearing that he hasn't got an NFL arm...well if you look at 0:36 and 1:27 of that video, ask yourself whether current starter Kyle Orton makes either of those throws. I know for sure Orton doesn't come close to the one at 0:36, when running to his right (as a left handed QB so picture Orton running to his left instead)...hardly an advantageous move here, he then ignores two onrushing linemen and zips a nice off balance pass on a rope 30 yards between two defenders. In the next one he lofts a nifty 50 yarder for a TD right on the money. I'm not saying he's got Cutler's arm, but I bet we can make a strong case for him having just as much or more physical ability than Jay in terms of size, strength, and mobility and the guy is a rampaging bull to bring down, plus you get the vocal leadership as well. So actually the arm motion seems to be the only other question and that's a coaching issue now not one of natural talent. I don't think there's any question his arm is superior to Orton's and when you add in the rest of it...how can anyone think he's not NFL worthy? Orton's not Manning but he IS an NFL QB, so how come so many people think Tebow is not? Even if his arm sucks, he' d just be Orton with 30 extra pounds of muscle and a ton of mobility going for him...what's not to like?

robbieopperude
05-06-2010, 04:22 AM
How different are their skill sets when you get right down to it? This guy has to be the most over analzyed player I've ever seen. He dominated the NFL combine by leading all QB's in 5 categories. That doesn't seem like a guy without the right talent. I keep hearing that he hasn't got an NFL arm...well if you look at 0:36 and 1:27 of that video, ask yourself whether current starter Kyle Orton makes either of those throws. I know for sure Orton doesn't come close to the one at 0:36, when running to his right (as a left handed QB so picture Orton running to his left instead)...hardly an advantageous move here, he then ignores two onrushing linemen and zips a nice off balance pass on a rope 30 yards between two defenders. In the next one he lofts a nifty 50 yarder for a TD right on the money. I'm not saying he's got Cutler's arm, but I bet we can make a strong case for him having just as much or more physical ability than Jay in terms of size, strength, and mobility and the guy is a rampaging bull to bring down, plus you get the vocal leadership as well. So actually the arm motion seems to be the only other question and that's a coaching issue now not one of natural talent. I don't think there's any question his arm is superior to Orton's and when you add in the rest of it...how can anyone think he's not NFL worthy? Orton's not Manning but he IS an NFL QB, so how come so many people think Tebow is not? Even if his arm sucks, he' d just be Orton with 30 extra pounds of muscle and a ton of mobility going for him...what's not to like?

His arm isn't comparable to Cutlers. Most QB's can throw the ball fifty yards and 30 yards on the move. The difference between Cutler and most QB's is that he can put the ball on a line with little to no loft for every throw required of an NFL QB. Right now Tebow can't do that. Where Cutler fails is that he doesn't realize that he doesn't always have to thread the ball in there.

I would say Tebow's arm is alot closer to Orton's then you think. But in every other aspect of the game accept reading NFL defenses Tebow is already ahead of Orton. I would say at worst he will be a Top 15 NFL QB because of his intangibles and at best he could be similar to Ben Roethlisberger. Only not a slime ball.

Dedhed
05-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Most agree with that?

That's all true, but I think a lot of those things stem from a lack of mental fortitude to work through the issues that dog him. That's a head game.

footstepsfrom#27
05-06-2010, 11:01 AM
His arm isn't comparable to Cutlers. Most QB's can throw the ball fifty yards and 30 yards on the move. The difference between Cutler and most QB's is that he can put the ball on a line with little to no loft for every throw required of an NFL QB. Right now Tebow can't do that. Where Cutler fails is that he doesn't realize that he doesn't always have to thread the ball in there.
I don't think most NFL QB's can run to their bad side and throw an off balance pass 30 yards with two defenders covering and put it right on the money...AND if you look carefully, you'll see that pass is pretty close to the ground. I wouldn't call it a missile but it's damn sure something I've not seen Kyle Orton do. Orton can barely throw 30 yards like that when he's set, let alone roling to his left and throwing off balance. My point is not that he's got Cutler's arm, but rather that I think this guy's getting more criticism for his arm than he deserves. Some NFL people think he DOES have a decent arm, including McDaniels apparently, since he said as much.
I would say Tebow's arm is alot closer to Orton's then you think. But in every other aspect of the game accept reading NFL defenses Tebow is already ahead of Orton. I would say at worst he will be a Top 15 NFL QB because of his intangibles and at best he could be similar to Ben Roethlisberger. Only not a slime ball.
I'm struggling to remember more than a few instances where Orton threw the ball deep last year, let alone where he was successful or threw a nice tight spiral downfield and hit the receiver in stride rather than making him wait on the ball. But even if Tebow's arm was no better than Orton's, it doesn't justify the idea that he can't play because of that. Obviously Orton's playing...and he's got nowhere near the athleticism this guy has. Roethlisberger is not a bad comparison on all the other physical traits...size, strength, mobility...Tebow is actually more mobile...I think we'll be waiting for him to learn to read NFL defenses and adjust to being under center but I don't think the arm issue is a big deal at all. We're just spoiled after having Elway and Cutler and we think we need a rocket launcher back there.

randomtask
05-06-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't think most NFL QB's can run to their bad side and throw an off balance pass 30 yards with two defenders covering and put it right on the money...AND if you look carefully, you'll see that pass is pretty close to the ground. I wouldn't call it a missile but it's damn sure something I've not seen Kyle Orton do. Orton can barely throw 30 yards like that when he's set, let alone roling to his left and throwing off balance. My point is not that he's got Cutler's arm, but rather that I think this guy's getting more criticism for his arm than he deserves. Some NFL people think he DOES have a decent arm, including McDaniels apparently, since he said as much.

I'm struggling to remember more than a few instances where Orton threw the ball deep last year, let alone where he was successful or threw a nice tight spiral downfield and hit the receiver in stride rather than making him wait on the ball. But even if Tebow's arm was no better than Orton's, it doesn't justify the idea that he can't play because of that. Obviously Orton's playing...and he's got nowhere near the athleticism this guy has. Roethlisberger is not a bad comparison on all the other physical traits...size, strength, mobility...Tebow is actually more mobile...I think we'll be waiting for him to learn to read NFL defenses and adjust to being under center but I don't think the arm issue is a big deal at all. We're just spoiled after having Elway and Cutler and we think we need a rocket launcher back there.

Most of the criticism of Tebow doesn't stem from a lack of arm strength (and frankly, the fact that he can get as much zip on the ball with his mechanics is amazing, and could mean that when he develops proper mechanics, he could have a very strong arm), most of the criticism are about his mechanics, which are the cause of his very slow release, occasional wobbly passes, and occasionally suspect accuracy.

footstepsfrom#27
05-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Most of the criticism of Tebow doesn't stem from a lack of arm strength (and frankly, the fact that he can get as much zip on the ball with his mechanics is amazing, and could mean that when he develops proper mechanics, he could have a very strong arm), most of the criticism are about his mechanics, which are the cause of his very slow release, occasional wobbly passes, and occasionally suspect accuracy.
All of which are fixable problems coaches have to deal with, but none of these are physical limitations...the subject of my initial remarks. All things considered, Tebow seems like one of the most physically gifted quarterbacks to enter the league in a long time. I'd be happy to see him watch and learn from the bench for two years if that's what it takes, but I don't get the negative opinion of the guy's physical limitations. How many Cutlers or Favre's or Elway arms are there anyway? If he's got just an average arm but off the chart size, strength, mobility and leadership skills...to me that adds up to justification for his 1st round selection.

On another note...how did this guy go through high school and college without some coach already working out his mechanics? I played safety in high school, yet 30 years later I still have the proper mechanics on how to throw a football...today they have a far superior HS coaching and training regimen...what gives with why any of these guys have bad mechancis?

supermanhr9
05-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow,, I love the back and forth. I read one side, and I'm pulle done way, I read the other, and suddenly I am 100%pro Tebow.

This is the 2nd best offseason yet.

Cleo McDowell
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
i didnt want him at first but im beginning to feel the tebow love.