PDA

View Full Version : Thank God we didnt draft Dez Bryant

easymobee
05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
It would suck going from BMarshes drama do a Dez Bryant plus Mama Drama.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5159981

Have fun Cowgirls.

Baba Booey
05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, glad we drafted a humble guy like Thomas. His family had some problems when he was younger but that motivated him to hang around the right crowd and stay out of trouble himself.

HEAV
05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Gotta admit...he was my pick to replace Marshall.

Glad coach went with Bay Bay instead!

uplink
05-03-2010, 06:20 PM
What is wrong with Bryant? He hasn't had any problems with the law despite coming from a troubled family.

gunns
05-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Have to agree. While I didn't agree with what Ireland did, mom should stay out of it. And he tweaks his ankle in minicamp. This just smells like the usual over hyped first round pick.

meangene
05-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Have to agree. While I didn't agree with what Ireland did, mom should stay out of it. And he tweaks his ankle in minicamp. This just smells like the usual over hyped first round pick.

There were also reports he struggled with his conditioning throughout the minicamp.

SoCalBronco
05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/peter_king/03/16/mail/demaryius-thomas.jpg

Go Bay-Bay.

DBroncos4life
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Dez sure did a poor job of raising his parents.

Drek
05-03-2010, 08:06 PM
What is wrong with Bryant? He hasn't had any problems with the law despite coming from a troubled family.

He's shown a natural instinct to lie when he feels cornered or uncomfortable.

He lied to the NCAA, its why he got suspended.

He lied about the exact context in which Ireland asked his still rather offensive question, making it look worse than it already was.

Couple that with a history of immature time management and its hard see Dez Bryant as anything more mature than a nine year old in a man's body.

I'd be iffy on giving said nine year old all the money he'd ever need and then still hoping he'd show up and work for you.

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I have a feeling both Bryant and Thomas have good rookie yrs. Thomas because he will get a ton of looks. Bryant because cowboys have a good team already.

Williams
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Gotta admit...he was my pick to replace Marshall.

Glad coach went with Bay Bay instead!

I agree 100%. Considering his draft fall, I was hoping Dez would be our target @ 22 based on pure talent, but the guy's stirring up controversy less than a week into his professional career. Over some petty sh*t, imo... given the newly released convo context. What's he going to do when he faces mouthy, trash-talking DBs?? He's now wearing a pretty large target and will be hearing much worse on the gridiron.

On the other hand... the more I read about Thomas, the more I like. 4.3X, smart, and 230.... dude's gonna be a beast. I love the thought of our receiver corps going into 2010. Just one more big reason to be eager for camp/preseason!

OCBronco
05-03-2010, 09:34 PM
The thing that bothered me about Bryant was the way he reacted when he found out he was drafted. Freaking out, putting on this act like, "everybody be hating on me." Just stop being a freakazoid and do your damn job. Sheesh.

Plus, it always helps to know that the Ravens were targeting Thomas, and that we could nab him first.