PDA

View Full Version : Position you're most concerned about heading into camp

montrose
05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I did one of these threads pre-draft, interested to see where concerns now lie after it.

HAT
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Left Tackle

/thread.

oubronco
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
LT and WR

C130Herkload
05-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Missionary. bwahahahaaa------based our young QB selection of course.

Archer81
05-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Doggie!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I am so smart...S M R T!...

:Broncos:

baja
05-03-2010, 12:32 PM
For me I'd have to say the missionary position is of the most concern.

Pick Six
05-03-2010, 12:35 PM
The loss of Scheffler is going to hurt more than the loss of Marshall. Hopefully, Quinn will be a capable backup. We'll see...

Smiling Assassin27
05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Inside LB.

DJ is overrated and a spotty tackler. The rest are just guys--undersized and inconsistent. Run defense depends on these guys making tackles and I ain't all that confident in their abilities. If we can't stop the run, we lose.

Archer81
05-03-2010, 12:39 PM
The loss of Scheffler is going to hurt more than the loss of Marshall. Hopefully, Quinn will be a capable backup. We'll see...

LOLwut?

:Broncos:

Popps
05-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Clady will be back, so i can't go O-line. Plus, we have some depth there, in theory.

Our ILB situation is scary. DJ Williams is not a middle linebacker and I don't know what to make of Haggan. I hoped we might address the position in the draft or FA. But, maybe they're confident in Haggan.

cmhargrove
05-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Inside LB.

DJ is overrated and a spotty tackler. The rest are just guys--undersized and inconsistent. Run defense depends on these guys making tackles and I ain't all that confident in their abilities. If we can't stop the run, we lose.

Just a point of order - this might be DJ's first time to actually play the same position two seasons in a row. He's done pretty well for a guy that has been moved around every single season of his career.

I'm just sayin'...

Smiling Assassin27
05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Just a point of order - this might be DJ's first time to actually play the same position two seasons in a row. He's done pretty well for a guy that has been moved around every single season of his career.

I'm just sayin'...

Point taken. Guy racked up tackles all year long. I'm speaking more to his instincts and technique, which lends itself to overrunning plays, being caught in the wash, and relying on arm tackles to often. His speed is top shelf but I'm not sure his mind for the game/position is there. Here's hoping he's the next Ray Lewis.

Florida_Bronco
05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Clady will be back, so i can't go O-line. Plus, we have some depth there, in theory.

Our ILB situation is scary. DJ Williams is not a middle linebacker and I don't know what to make of Haggan. I hoped we might address the position in the draft or FA. But, maybe they're confident in Haggan.

4-3 OLB's generally translate to ILB's in the 3-4.

dbfan21
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Assuming Clady recovers by Week 1, I'd have to say the LB's in general. Doom is not signed, Haggan is making a position switch, we never really addressed the position in FA or the draft. There are a lot of question marks...

GoBroncos84
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
That's tough. Going into the offseason, the biggest concerns were offensive and defensive line. We addressed dline in free agency, the question will be are those players passed their prime. Oline we addressed with draft, question is how long will it take before they're ready to play at a high level. So both are still cause for some concern.

However, I'll say QB. I like the potential, but it's unknown. Most important position on the field, so its the spot I'll be following the closest

TonyR
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm at least mildly concerned about both the OL and RB positions.

OL because we don't know how for sure about Clady's health or recovery, or if he'll be able to play at a high level this year, and we don't know how Harris will bounce back. And we don't know whether any of our rookies will work at the tackle positions if necessary, or whether or not they'll suffice at OG or C for that matter.

RB because we just don't have any quality depth. Buckhalter will miss some games as he always does, so if Knowshon gets dinged up or misses any significant time then what? I think we're one quality backup short at the position.

Mr.Meanie
05-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Most concerned about - OT. Most interested in watching develop - QB and CB

Popps
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
4-3 OLB's generally translate to ILB's in the 3-4.

Some might. DJ didn't. He's a WOLB, period. He doesn't have the size or instinct to be playing in the middle. He's out of position.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I did one of these threads pre-draft, interested to see where concerns now lie after it.

I'd have to choose four positions, not one.

NFLBRONCO
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm concerned about every position this year. As season wears on we'll find out top problem. As of now we have huge questions everywhere.

jhns
05-03-2010, 02:35 PM
I voted center/guard. Tackle is just as much of a concern to me though. Mostly due to the lack of experince and now injury to these positions.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM

UDFA for PS, Woodyard/Ayodele for firstline backup. Larsen and Haggan I hope to see them two have a battle. Both can start, but I think Larsen might be better. Larsen has good 20-yd speed, good change of direction, tackles fast, reads plays well, takes great angles, sheds blocks, attacks blocks, is patient and attacks. Those two might have quite a battle. Larsen is faster, I think. Woodyard is not a run-stuffer, but he's smart, is VERY aggressive, reminds me of Tom Jackson, fast, sure tackler, positions himself well, takes good angles.

DJ is set, one of the ILB spots is what he's best at. But he can be easily replaced, not this year, but next.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
LT and WR

Gaffney, Royal, Lloyd, Stokley are no slugs, they can play in the NFL. The kids Thomas and Decker are certainly an if, plus the UDFA's, but I think the four that were on the team last year are competitors and will come up strong if that's all they have.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 03:02 PM

Dumping Scheffler was a bonus to the team.

Beantown Bronco
05-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I have concerns about every position except CB, kicker and OT* (*if Clady is healthy).

Popps
05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Gaffney, Royal, Lloyd, Stokley are no slugs, they can play in the NFL. The kids Thomas and Decker are certainly an if, plus the UDFA's, but I think the four that were on the team last year are competitors and will come up strong if that's all they have.

I'm stoked about our WRs. Lots of options, and don't forget McKinley. I thought he showed some promise in the PS at times.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm at least mildly concerned about both the OL and RB positions.

OL because we don't know how for sure about Clady's health or recovery, or if he'll be able to play at a high level this year, and we don't know how Harris will bounce back. And we don't know whether any of our rookies will work at the tackle positions if necessary, or whether or not they'll suffice at OG or C for that matter.

RB because we just don't have any quality depth. Buckhalter will miss some games as he always does, so if Knowshon gets dinged up or misses any significant time then what? I think we're one quality backup short at the position.

RB is very thin. I hope they have a plan.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm stoked about our WRs. Lots of options, and don't forget McKinley. I thought he showed some promise in the PS at times.

McKinley is the man that keeps being forgotten. He does have some promise.

Popps
05-03-2010, 04:01 PM
RB is very thin. I hope they have a plan.

Another position I was sort of surprised we didn't address late in the draft.

Maybe one of UFAs can catch on as a back-up. I also imagine we'll see some guys shake free in FA when June arrives.

Laugh, but they really like Arrington. If his knee does indeed check out, you never know what he could bring.

Cito Pelon
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
They better have some options at RB, there's few RB's on the roster past Arrington, Buck, and Moreno:

29 Hall, Bruce RB 5' 11" 205 24 2nd Mississippi FA-'10
35 Ball, Lance RB 5' 9" 200 24 2nd Maryland FA-'09

There was only one UDFA RB, correct? That's very thin. Usually you want 8-9 RB's going into camp. Bring on Tatum.

PRBronco
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
They better have some options at RB, there's few RB's on the roster past Arrington, Buck, and Moreno:

29 Hall, Bruce RB 5' 11" 205 24 2nd Mississippi FA-'10
35 Ball, Lance RB 5' 9" 200 24 2nd Maryland FA-'09

There was only one UDFA RB, correct? That's very thin. Usually you want 8-9 RB's going into camp. Bring on Tatum.

2 UDFAs, Chris Brown from Oklahoma, and one from NC State IIRC.

Scouting reports on Chris Brown are hilarious, it seems like every single one is along the lines of: "he's a perfectly good running back, but he's not really good at anything."

*edit* Oh nvm, according to db.com we just waived Chris Brown.

colonelbeef
05-03-2010, 07:29 PM
QB, obviously. Orton is a statue, Quinn is an unknown at best, and Tebow is a project to say the least. QB will always be the answer to this question until a bonafide playmaker who the defenses have to respect is calling the plays.

Hopefully it's Tebow.

TonyR
05-03-2010, 08:18 PM
As of now we have huge questions everywhere.

CB? S? I'd say they're set in the secondary. Questions maybe, but certainly not huge ones.

iforgotmypassword
05-03-2010, 10:21 PM
suuuure wish we had andra davis right about now

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I picked QB because until we get great play there you cant in Superbowl.

Out of other spots I am most worried about the Oline. Especially with Clady hurt now. Man that hurts to type that. Sucks.

montrose
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
One thing I've really bought into with our new regime is that it's hard to build a good team by counting on specific players at starting spots but rather building overall depth on your roster that fit your team's philosophy (in the Broncos case - good character, smart, tough and team-first). With that, I would go with OT and that's not even considering the Clady injury. I've worried over the past two years about our depth at the position and that showed last year when Harris went down. Polumbus is not an NFL-caliber player, IMO; and we have no idea what Beadles brings to the table. While the projected starters (when healthy) are outstanding, the others at that spot are unacceptable for one of the game's most valuable positions - especially considering the importance of the OL to properly execute this offense which (ideally) keeps defenses off balance because the team can dominate up front in the run game, while using screen passes and intermediate passes to setup long-developing routes. I'm concerned about the OT position and hope we can bring in a guy like Gaither or Adams to add to the roster.

listopencil
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
left tackle

/thread.

qft

Quoydogs
05-03-2010, 11:17 PM
For me I'd have to say the missionary position is of the most concern.

I would say the reverse cowgirl. If it pops out there can be a lot of pain involved. Sometimes for both parties.:spit:

UberBroncoMan
05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
It's easy to say OT with what's going on with Clady. But the results of the QB battle will make or break our team.

baja
05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I would say the reverse cowgirl. If it pops out there can be a lot of pain involved. Sometimes for both parties.:spit:

Not familiar with that position do you have a picture.

Killericon
05-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Left Guard, Center, Left Guard, Center, Left Guard, Center, Wide Receiver, Left Guard, Center, maybe Left Tackle, Left Guard, Left Guard, Center, Interior Linebacker, Center, and Left Guard.

Quoydogs
05-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Not familiar with that position do you have a picture.

Link

http://stuffbisexualslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/21.jpg

baja
05-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Link

http://stuffbisexualslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/21.jpg

Oh I do that one all the time didn't know the name. ;D

Dedhed
05-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Some might. DJ didn't. He's a WOLB, period. He doesn't have the size or instinct to be playing in the middle. He's out of position.Ian Gold killed DJs career. He's been serviceable, but his rookie year at Will was by far his best.

watermock
05-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Everything,

Offense is going to an embarrasment.

oubronco
05-04-2010, 06:00 PM
ADDING AYODELE
Even with nine players added through the draft and 19 more picked up as college free agents, the team kept its eye on the free agent market, picking up inside linebacker Akin Ayodele (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=11094) last Monday.
"There are a lot of people that are still out there and available, it's just a matter of whether or not you think they fit your team," McDaniels said. "He was a guy that we evaluated, and certainly because we didn't do much in the draft in that area, it made sense for us to go ahead and do it."
The team now has five inside linebackers in the roster, including the recently re-signed Nick Greisen (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=9899).
Ayodele, a ninth-year veteran, has never missed a game in his career — one of three starting linebackers in the league to play in every game since 2002. He has started at least 11 games in each of the past seven seasons.
He played in Miami for the past two seasons — starting 15 of 16 games in 2009 — after playing for Dallas and Jacksonville.
"He's played in this style of a defense," McDaniels said. "He's had to do a lot of those things that we ask our players to do inside. I don't think it will be unfamiliar to him when he gets here and really gets going through the system."
In his career, he has played in 128 career games with 104 starts, amassing 834 tackles, 9.5 sacks, seven interceptions, 10 forced fumbles and 10 fumble recoveries.

UberBroncoMan
05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Why haven't we been called the Denver Dolphins or Denver Dolphcos yet?

We've been stacking ex-Dolphins as fast as we did ex-Browns during the Brownco days. We already have 2 of their top 3 CB's from two years ago, their starting safety from 2 years ago, and their starting ILB from last year.

gunns
05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm concerned about every position this year. As season wears on we'll find out top problem. As of now we have huge questions everywhere.

This

Florida_Bronco
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Some might. DJ didn't. He's a WOLB, period. He doesn't have the size or instinct to be playing in the middle. He's out of position.

DJ is basically a prototype WILB. He's exactly the same size as Patrick Willis for the record.

KipCorrington25
05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah it's funny how people pretend like QB isn't by far the most critical position on the team and Orton sucks so yeah, it's the biggest concern bar none.