PDA

View Full Version : OT- Odd Food Habits...

Archer81
05-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone else eat the white part of the watermellon? To me its pretty tasty...maybe I am wierd there but its odd to me when people eat watermellon and actually leave the fruit on the rind...

Anyways, any other wierd food habits you fine, upstanding people have engaged in?

:Broncos:

PS. I am not drunk, but I have only slept 10 of the last 72 hours. I am also on summer vacation, bitches.

That One Guy
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
It's not really as weird or accomplished as I once thought but I was a very proud man of my hot wing eating technique back in the day. I'm what some might say... talented and experienced in the consumption of hot wings and was quite willing to instruct any that would listen on my technique of removing the bones from the wing portions so you could dip and pop the whole thing.

Little did I know that just about everyone out there had developed the same technique...

BroncoBuff
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I guess I do ... eat the whole apple. Not the stem, but all the rest.

DHallblows
05-02-2010, 09:54 PM
...what's with people and eating the disgusting parts of fruit? ROFL!

worm
05-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Have eaten peanut butter and mustard sammies since I can remember.

A Dortoh-Mock abortion of a sandwich of yumminess.

BroncoBuff
05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
A Dortoh-Mock abortion of a sandwich of yumminess.

You're the best reason I can think of to change my weird habit ......

http://dr039.k12.sd.us/images/dr%20clipart/apple%20worm.gif

Borks147
05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
I just ate small intestine tacos today

and I had sweetbreads last night

I like offal

ZONA
05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I eat the entire kiwi, even the skin. I eat it just like you would an apple. Oddly enough, the skin is sour while the inside is sweet and it's a great combination. Everybody seem to trip out when I do it but I try and tell them it's good and they just can't relate.

bronco610
05-03-2010, 01:15 AM
I guess I do ... eat the whole apple. Not the stem, but all the rest.

Buff, thats just wrong!!!!
The weirdist I get is cereal at four in the morning. Doesn't matter how sound asleep I am, I wake up and eat cereal.

bronco610
05-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Oh, and post on the Mane while I'm eating it. I will bet half of my posts are during this time.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Buff, thats just wrong!!!!
The weirdist I get is cereal at four in the morning. Doesn't matter how sound asleep I am, I wake up and eat cereal.

sounds like an ambien problem. Do you have a basement? My wife thinks it is weird to put ketsup (catsup) on all things that are related to beef or french fries. I do include it with eggs if it is mixed with hash browns. Country style fries needs it sometimes. Ever have a taco but no hot sauce? Try catsup.

bronco610
05-03-2010, 01:24 AM
sounds like an ambien problem. Do you have a basement? My wife thinks it is weird to put ketsup (catsup) on all things that are related to beef or french fries. I do include it with eggs if it is mixed with hash browns. Country style fries needs it sometimes. Ever have a taco but no hot sauce? Try catsup.

What exactly is ambien?

BroncoBuff
05-03-2010, 01:27 AM
sounds like an ambien problem. Do you have a basement?

:~ohyah!:

Quoydogs
05-03-2010, 01:28 AM
I'll eat anything once. I think the strangest so far has to be live termites. We were in Belize and our guide showed them to us in a tree and asked if we would like to try them. So I stuck my figure in the tree and they tasted like Andy's mints. Other food Drunken Shrimp, Goats head soup, Chicken feet soup, rock chuck, rattle snake just to name a few.

bronco610
05-03-2010, 01:31 AM

And I thought you were my friend!!!! ???

BroncoBuff
05-03-2010, 01:42 AM
And I thought you were my friend!!! ???

I clicked on your picture there, and sure enough, I am your friend ;D

You have to read that Ambien thread, then you'll understand. Pretty gross, but also pretty funny.

Broncosfreak_56
05-03-2010, 02:12 AM
I don't know if it is odd, but I use ranch and crushed red pepper with any food I eat that isn't dessert.

gyldenlove
05-03-2010, 07:15 AM
I loves me some pickled herring filet on dark rye with half an egg and an herb snaps chaser.

Meck77
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I eat Goats. My buddy Desmond and I skinning one for the roast we had a few weeks ago in Denver. Might be strange to Americans but goat on a global scale goat is eaten more than any other meat around the world. FYI for those of you who know Desmond from the tailgates he's still a Bronco fan but was a little confused this day.

http://j.imagehost.org/0551/goatdead.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0551/goatdead)

Little Pico marinade.....

http://j.imagehost.org/0127/goatpico.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0127/goatpico)

Slowly smoked over a bed of mesquite and apple wood in a wheelbarrow Jamaican style!

http://j.imagehost.org/0398/goatdone.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0398/goatdone)

We cooked a whole pig, chicken, and a goat. About two hours into the gathering I approached Brett asking where the goat went. He said "We're out". Don't knock it til you try it!

jhat01
05-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I've been wanting to try to smoke a goat...Looks delicious

OABB
05-03-2010, 08:33 AM
I eat whole lemons.

Rohirrim
05-03-2010, 09:07 AM
A buddy of mine used to eat onions the way you eat an apple. He'd just take off the peel and then just munch away. I don't eat anything strange, other than fish eggs, frog legs, snails and raw sea urchin and/or abalone. Oh, and I like to pop fish eyes in my mouth just to freak out the innocent bystanders. Other than that...

I doubt anybody on here could outdo Bear Grylls.

snowspot66
05-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I eat whole lemons.

I like lemons too. Don't see what's so weird about that.

BizzyBone7
05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I eat the whole peanut, shell and all. I dont know how weird that actually is, but thats about as weird as i get.

bowtown
05-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I pick chicken wings clean. The grizzle/cartilage on the ends is my favorite part. It's not my gf's favorite part to watch me eat though.

OABB
05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
I eat women's vaginas.

DHallblows
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I eat women's vaginas.

That took you 25 posts longer than I though it would. I'm disappointed

cmhargrove
05-03-2010, 11:48 AM
There is only one proper way to eat Cheetos - in pairs of matching sizes. One on each side of your mouth.

You don't believe me? Try it, they taste better that way.

Oh, you can eat them one at a time, or with different sizes, but it just isn't the same...

Archer81
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
My dad used to crack open the leg bones of chickens and suck out the marrow...pretty gross.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2010, 11:56 AM
My dad used to crack open the leg bones of chickens and suck out the marrow...pretty gross.

There is a report out from New England Medical journal that eating bone marrow from an animal can increase the the chances of a child being gay. ROFL!

Archer81
05-03-2010, 11:58 AM
There is a report out from New England Medical journal that eating bone marrow from an animal can increase the the chances of a child being gay. ROFL!

****...I knew it was my dad's fault...

Son of a bitch...

broncocalijohn
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
I am pretty much game for the wildlife. Whale, dolphin, spotted owl and giant pandas. Contrary to some would think, the spotted owl does not taste like chicken. Taste more like bald eagle.

dbfan21
05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
When there's nothing sweet in the house to snack on (ice cream, cookies, etc), I will eat a few scoops of dry hot cocoa powder. It kills the sweet tooth in a hurry.

OABB
05-03-2010, 12:13 PM
That took you 25 posts longer than I though it would. I'm disappointed

I'm sorry... I've just been tired lately.

Beantown Bronco
05-03-2010, 12:19 PM

She don't eat meat, but she sure like the bone.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4-BfZnNnks"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4-BfZnNnks" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Quoydogs
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I am pretty much game for the wildlife. Whale, dolphin, spotted owl and giant pandas. Contrary to some would think, the spotted owl does not taste like chicken. Taste more like bald eagle.
:giggle:
Everything tastes like chicken.

TheReverend
05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
You guys are strange.

bronco610
05-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Okay, read the thread. LOL. thats some wierd stuff. I dont take anything stronger than aspirin. Now I know why...

ZONA
05-03-2010, 02:26 PM
from Bob's collection:

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/natural_harvest_front_cover.jpg

ghwk
05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I eat the whole M&M, and I mean shell and all. ^5

Killericon
05-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I dip fries in my milkshake.

Irish Stout
05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Zona, I seriously through up a little in my mouth.

I saw the pic and thought: "Hey I like flan!" Then I read the caption. I hate you.

Swedish Extrovert
05-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I normally don't eat meat, but when I do (right after lent, training months in the summer) I love game - Buffalo, Elk and Moose. I disapprove of Sarah Palin, but she does know a great Moose Burger.

I don't know if I have weird food habits... I guess... I'll eat things like lemons and oranges whole (peel and all - the peel is actually the most nutritious part). And when I eat shrimp, if it's fried I'll eat the tail - I thought it was weird at first but some of my navy buddies did it.

I also like to get the Veggie Delight at Subway with all the veggies minus onions and NO dressings or oils. When I get home, I put a ton of Sriracha Sauce on it. Don't know how weird that is though.

Boobs McGee
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I dip fries in my milkshake.

the best is wendy's fries in their frosties. BOMB.

One of my weird ones...I melt string cheese and eat it that way. For some reason, once it's melted, it just tastes strangely better imo. Pop it in the micro for about 40 seconds (or however long it takes to transform it into a little pile of molten goodness. Different string cheese takes different time). And speaking of cheese, whenever I start snacking on the kraft singles, I'll fold it and refold it and refold it until I have litte tiny squares of cheddar to devour.

DHallblows
05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry... I've just been tired lately.

That your excuse when you're not in the mood? :wiggle:

UberBroncoMan
05-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I eat the whole M&M, and I mean shell and all. ^5

Are you implying that you ****ing swallow M&M's whole? Like, not biting into them at all?

Borks147
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Are you implying that you ****ing swallow M&M's whole? Like, not biting into them at all?

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tpa/409930561.html

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

Quoydogs
05-03-2010, 11:35 PM
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tpa/409930561.html

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.
ROFLMAO !! You have way to much time on your hands. Mailing them the M7M is a nice touch though.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Zona, I seriously through up a little in my mouth.

I saw the pic and thought: "Hey I like flan!" Then I read the caption. I hate you.

dont worry zona; Blart will be sending you pos. rep for that one.

Archer81
05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
from Bob's collection:

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/natural_harvest_front_cover.jpg

This is ridiculously gross.

BroncoBuff
05-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I eat the whole peanut, shell and all. I dont know how weird that actually is, but thats about as weird as i get.

Me too, come to think of it. Just much the whole thing.

CHANGSTER
05-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I sometimes eat whole tomatoes like apples. Love the things.

I also have become pretty much become immune to Tabasco sauce. Eat eggs most days and drench em in the stuff.

Don't know if its odd, but since I was a kid I would eat chips drenched in Tapatio with some lemon or lime juice. They actually served it in my high school and middle school.

ghwk
05-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Of course not, that would be barbaric and uncultured! I just don't peel and toss the shell.

Just don't let me see that flan pic anymore. :TJnPopps:

JJJ
05-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Live whole octopus. Korean specialty. They fight with all 8 legs the whole way down. Amazingly powerful little creatures.

Not good when the black ink sack explodes though.

Quoydogs
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Live whole octopus. Korean specialty. They fight with all 8 legs the whole way down. Amazingly powerful little creatures.

Not good when the black ink sack explodes though.

Now this I need to try. Asian cultures have strange food kicks. When I was in China I tried drunken shrimp. They serve you a bowl with some kinda alcohol in it and a little basket with live shrimp. You dump the shrimp in the bowl and wait for about 30 second and start picking them out as they swim around. I will say this was NASTY !!!