PDA

View Full Version : Good TV Shows

Doggcow
05-01-2010, 11:18 PM
We've had unlimited rentals for a while, and the gf and I enjoy to watch a show each night after work. We've gone through a bunch already, wondering if we're missing anything.

List so Far (I highly recommend all if you came here looking, well except for later seasons on Lost/24):

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/(Watching Universe now, pretty cool)- Seriously, SG1 is probably the greatest show ever.
Battlestar Galactica
24 (First couple seasons, before it sucked)
Lost (Until the last season, just don't give a **** anymore)
Fringe (Just started, tivo-ing all)
House
Flashforward
Community
30 Rock
Dexter (Just started)
Castle
Firefly

So what are we missing?

Archer81
05-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Archer on FX was pretty good.
Saving Grace
Bones

Otherwise, nice list.

:Broncos:

Doggcow
05-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Saving Grace
Bones

Otherwise, nice list.

I watch Archer, too bad they didn't do more Frisky Dingo, the X-tacles were amazing.

theAPAOps5
05-01-2010, 11:33 PM
The only real show I watch on the big 4 stations is How I Met your Mother on CBS. Its on Monday nights and its hilarious. I also watch Amazing Race and Survivor if I am around but I refuse to miss HIMYM

Mogulseeker
05-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Mad Men

oh, and Mad Men

But seriously, the only TV show I really watch is Mad Men. And South Park. Sometimes SNL.

PaintballCLE
05-01-2010, 11:38 PM
only show i watch (and dont laugh) is Criminal Minds

Rocket 7
05-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Big cat diary on Animal Planet

PRBronco
05-01-2010, 11:45 PM
You've got all the best ones covered. A couple other shows I've watched start to finish and enjoyed were Six Feet Under and Dead Like Me. Dollhouse was pretty cool too, by the guy who made Firefly.

tsiguy96
05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
i kinda agree on lost, its getting too weird for me to even care. im sticking with it hoping something brings it back.

easymobee
05-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Criminal Minds is great.

Just started watching Weeds.

For Comedy I like "the office"

Tons of great shows, but these are my first 3 offerings.

Durango
05-01-2010, 11:54 PM
There's a new crime drama, 'Justified' that only runs on late night FX every Tuesday (I think). Maybe the best new show of television. At least the equal of Saving Grace. Breaking Bad and Mad Men on AMC are greatly underrated shows as well.

easymobee
05-01-2010, 11:57 PM
only show i watch (and dont laugh) is Criminal Minds

Why the shame? I do think the spinoff looks kinda crappy, but maybe when I get used to the new actors it'll be better.

My wife and I have backtracked the whole series and now only look forward to the new ones, but if you haven't, they sell season 1 and 4 as a bundle at walmart right now.

Mogulseeker
05-01-2010, 11:57 PM
You've got all the best ones covered. A couple other shows I've watched start to finish and enjoyed were Six Feet Under and Dead Like Me. Dollhouse was pretty cool too, by the guy who made Firefly.

Dead Like Me was amazing when it was on.

tsiguy96
05-01-2010, 11:58 PM
veronica mars is really good too.

Broncoman13
05-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Criminal Minds
The Mentalist

Also started watching Trauma here recently. Not bad but not very consistent. Criminal Minds is the most consistent of the bunch. And if you haven't watched the Dead Zone series, it isn't bad either.

Florida_Bronco
05-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Justified and Special Ops Mission are a couple I like alot.

Dutch
05-02-2010, 12:28 AM
The Wire
Rome

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
05-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Breaking Bad and Mad Men on AMC are greatly underrated shows as well.

I wouldn't say they're underrated, I'd say they're under publicized. I don't think I've ever heard any criticism of either, but a lot of people just don't know them cause they're on AMC

Los Broncos
05-02-2010, 12:47 AM
The office, Parks and recreation...

OABB
05-02-2010, 12:55 AM
BUffy the vampire slayer. Just started to rent them and I can't believe how well wriiten this show was. I mean actually well written, not like people say now about crap. I mean actually amazing really. I recommend.

C130Herkload
05-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Without a doubt, if you want to laugh your a$$ off....ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

easymobee
05-02-2010, 01:25 AM
A few more i like to watch

Arrested Development
The Sopranos
Curb your enthusiasm
Intervention
Gangland

Hogan11
05-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Burn Notice, The Shield and Breaking Bad

Miss I.
05-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Stuff off the air that are favorites: Joss Whedonverse stuff: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and the must see internet blog Dr. Horrible's Sing along Blog, Mash, Veronica Mars, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Friends, Roseanne (the early stuff, got kind of stupid and cheesy at the end), Twilight Zone (Rod serling, not the assinine retreads), Frasier, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, cosby show,

On the air: Fringe, House, Mad Men, Mentalist, L&O the Lenny years, Grey's Anatomy (due largely to Patrick Dempsey and the hot guy from Rome), Family Guy, Robot Chicken, The Simpsons, Smallville.

Nothing is a can't miss, I just catch them when I can.

gunns
05-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Stuff off the air that are favorites: Joss Whedonverse stuff: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and the must see internet blog Dr. Horrible's Sing along Blog, Mash, Veronica Mars, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Friends, Roseanne (the early stuff, got kind of stupid and cheesy at the end), Twilight Zone (Rod serling, not the assinine retreads), Frasier, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, cosby show,

On the air: Fringe, House, Mad Men, Mentalist, L&O the Lenny years, Grey's Anatomy (due largely to Patrick Dempsey and the hot guy from Rome), Family Guy, Robot Chicken, The Simpsons, Smallville.

Nothing is a can't miss, I just catch them when I can.

Loved Roseanne (agree on the late episodes) and Mash, both in reruns, never could figure out Friends and Seinfeld. Like Mad Men, Medium, Weeds, Dexter, Entourage, but my favorite right now is Desperate Housewives, find it hysterical.

LRtagger
05-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Modern Family and Cougar Town are both really funny.

Also V is pretty decent.

Drunk Monkey
05-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Weeds
Entourage
True Blood
Band of Brothers
The Pacific (to a lesser degree)
Rome
Dexter
Big Bang
Spartacus
How I meet your mother

bowtown
05-02-2010, 07:43 AM
A-Team
Magnum PI
Quantum Leap
Colombo
Family Guy
Simpsons
Arrested Development
The Office
30 Rock
Seinfeld
Spongebob

Doggcow
05-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, we're watching V as well. Solid atm.

We tried to watch Spartacus, but it seemed like this was the whole show: War, Sex, War, Sex, C-word, C-Word, C-Word.

We have Justified on Tivo but havent gotten around to watching it yet.

Keep hearing good things about Bones, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I was looking at renting Entourage once we finish Dexter.

Btw thanks guys!

Killericon
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
The Wire & The West Wing.

Chris
05-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Mad Men (best show)
Dexter
The Wire
Modern Family

I hear the new HBO show "Treme" (pronounced treh-may) is great. It's about New Orleans and it's from the same guys that did The Wire.

BroncosSR
05-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Modern Family

GoBroncos84
05-02-2010, 01:22 PM
This shows I watch too much TV, but here are all of the programs I watch:

The office
South Park
Flight of the Conchords
Entourage
In Treatment (probably the best acting on TV, but no one watches)
Big Love
House
Chuck
Lost
Ultimate Fighter
Real Time with Bill Maher
Burn Notice
Psych
Supernatural
Friday Night Lights
Spartacus
True Blood
Its always sunny in philadelphia
Family Guy
Dollhouse (pretty much anything by Joss Whedon, so Buffy/Angel/Firefly)
Eureka

UberBroncoMan
05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
MY TOP SHOWS

Stargate SG-1 (best complete TV series ever created)
Firefly (amazing show that got canceled way too fast @#&$)
Legend of the Seeker (fairly unknown and just got canceled due to **** marketing @#&$)
South Park (best animated show/comedy on television)
Arrested Development (stellar beginning to end)
The Office (Dwight carries it)
House M.D. (good until recently - getting way too repetitive - out of material)
The Simpsons (awesome up through season 8 - downhill after that)

ON TO DO MY LIST

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Xena: Warrior Princess
Star Trek: The Next Generation

Sam Raimi set up Legend of the Seeker. He also did the two Greek Mythology ones above and since I enjoy Legend of the Seeker I'm going to check them out. Watched them as a kid but don't remember much at all. As for TNG... I really need to see it the whole way through before I can add it to my list with credibility to myself. Though part of me wants to put it up anyway.

RhymesayersDU
05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Mad Men (best show)
Dexter
The Wire
Modern Family

I hear the new HBO show "Treme" (pronounced treh-may) is great. It's about New Orleans and it's from the same guys that did The Wire.

I don't know about Treme. I'm enjoying the musical aspects of the show, but it's a little slow. I'll give it this season but I don't know how far past that. Obviously it'll depend on how the season pans out. The Wire was one of the best shows ever so I trust the writers, but I don't know, I'm just not sure yet.

NFLBRONCO
05-02-2010, 01:48 PM
24 (Even though I agree last few seasons were weak)
Chuck
Big Bang
Friday Night lights
Medium
Bones
Sons of Anarchy
Cold Case
NCIS
House (Even though last 2 yrs have been disappointing)
Supernatual
Smallville
Vampire Diaries (I'm surprised I like this one but, I do)
Human Target
Intervention
Eureka
Royal Pains

Helps to have DVR without it I'd probably only watch 4 of these listed.

Dendave
05-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Burn Notice
White Collar
Dark Blue
Justified
Veronica Mars was great too bad not on anymore
I have also strated watching Party Down on Starz, it's pretty good.

NYBronco
05-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Burn Notice
White Collar
Dark Blue
Justified
Veronica Mars was great too bad not on anymore
I have also strated watching Party Down on Starz, it's pretty good.

:thumbsup:

Known Universe
Into the Universe
Dexter
Men of a Certain Age
Dirty Jobs

Archer81
05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Shows I watch:
Bones
The Closer
Saving Grace
Archer
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Rome
What Not to Wear
Ghost Adventures
Little People Big World
Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Nurse Jackie
The Simpsons
Earth
Life
Dirty Jobs

Shows I want to get on DVD
Buffy the Vampre Slayer
Xena: Warrior Princess
In Living Color

TheReverend
05-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Arrested Development
Chuck (yes, serious)
SNL (it's gotten good again)
Biggest Loser
Destination Truth (find this hilarious for some reason)

Hogan11
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Ghost Adventures

I absolutely hate that Zach Baggins....annoying to the extreme. I root for the spirits to mess him up everytime he opens his mouth.

The only other thing of note is his tech guy is a dead ringer for Iron Clady Ha!

Archer81
05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I absolutely hate that Zach Baggins....annoying to the extreme. I root for the spirits to mess him up everytime he opens his mouth.
The only other thing of note is his tech guy is a dead ringer for Iron Clady Ha!

LOL. One of my friends says the same thing. I simply tell her I dont have to hear Zac talk and can give him something to work on.

GoBroncos84
05-02-2010, 03:15 PM
SNL (it's gotten good again)

I love Kristen Wiig

BMarsh615
05-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Pawn Stars, Gangland, and Man VS Food.

Archer81
05-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Pawn Stars, Gangland, and Man VS Food.

Dude the food we make in this country...a pizza 4 feet across. Thats just insane. Good show.

Also love Bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmer and No Reservations with Anthony Bourdaine.

TheReverend
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I love Kristen Wiig

Yeah she's really good and had to carry the show for a bit, but lately Keenan Thomson and Jason Sudeikis have really turned it on. Between them and Kristen, the digital shorts with Andy Samberg, Fred Armisan, the MacGruber guy, the two hot chicks (Abby Elliot and Nasim Pedrad), the show has really hit a new golden age.

TonyR
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Your list should start with the best two shows ever, The Sopranos and The Wire. And I'm always surprised at how many people have given up on Lost as it's by far my favorite current show. And I absolutely loved the first two seasons of Entourage but it's been forgettable since for the most part.

Hogan11
05-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Dude the food we make in this country...a pizza 4 feet across. Thats just insane. Good show

It's watching someone kill themselves. Adam is really easy to like as a host though and the reruns always hold up to repeated viewings. There's not much more you can ask of a show like that.

Hogan11
05-02-2010, 03:45 PM
LOL. One of my friends says the same thing. I simply tell her I dont have to hear Zac talk and can give him something to work on.

Ahh, now I see....Jay & Grant just aren't as cut eh? Ha!

Archer81
05-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Ahh, now I see....Jay & Grant just aren't as cut eh? Ha!

Everyone has a preference. LOL.

Archer81
05-02-2010, 03:50 PM
It's watching someone kill themselves. Adam is really easy to like as a host though and the reruns always hold up to repeated viewings. There's not much more you can ask of a show like that.

When he ate 144 oysters...that was gross.

crawdad
05-02-2010, 03:51 PM
36 posts and someone finally listed NCIS. Great show, Abby is incredible

Hogan11
05-02-2010, 03:53 PM
When he ate 144 oysters...that was gross.

The milkshake challenge, the flavors he chose to do it...even he threw up :rofl:

Ramathorn
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
SONS OF ANARCHY!! Best show on tv.

Ramathorn
05-02-2010, 04:01 PM
36 posts and someone finally listed NCIS. Great show, Abby is incredible
I love the show, without her. She is dog ugly and flat out annoying

JLesSPE
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM

Thank you! I can't believe it took that long for someone to bring SOA into the conversation. Amazing show

NFLBRONCO
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Thanks I forgot about this show when I made list I enjoy it.

broncosteven
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I love Kristen Wiig

She was very hot in Extract, I think she has a lot of "Talent".

Physical Talent, as far as comedy she is OK but Physically she is hot.

Oh she was good in Whip it also.

broncosteven
05-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I record a lot of PBS.

NOVA,
American Experience (they just did a doc on MaiLai Massacre last week, well done)
History Detectives
Independent Lens
POV
Great Performances
Live from the Met

Some good stuff without comercials.

Baba Booey
05-02-2010, 04:30 PM
South Park
Entourage
Archer
Family Guy
Sopranos
Eastbound and Down
Pacific
Pawn Stars
Seinfeld

That's pretty much the extent of my television experience.

crawdad
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I love the show, without her. She is dog ugly and flat out annoying

Oh, I disagree, she makes the show.
We can agree to disagree, no need for banter.

Boobs McGee
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Justified is an extremely well written show imo. Don't know if you can rent it yet or not, but worth it if you can. The characters are very well done, plots are engrossing, great mixture of action/comedy/romance...my new favorite show on t.v.

Spartacus was really tough for me to get into until the third episode, then I was hooked like crack.

Rescue Me (another fx show), was a HUGE favorite of mine for a long time. Very dark, but fantastic.

Archer is the new funniest cartoon on t.v., you need to check out the first season.

I saw you had community...probly my favorite comedy right now.

But, definitely check out Justified and Rescue Me. And Archer.

Boobs McGee
05-02-2010, 04:41 PM
oooooh and one more...Three sheets. Basically, the host (zane, i think?), goes around the world drinking and learning about booze. The first two seasons were great, then he kinda started turning into a Douche. Very informative and hilarious though. Pretty sure it's on the Travel Channel.

Pick Six
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Legend of the Seeker (fairly unknown and just got canceled due to **** marketing @#&$)

It was canceled? Damn. I love the cheesiness of that show.

mkporter
05-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Current:
Burn notice - #1 right now
Dexter
Party Down - A lot of the people who worked on Veronica Mars. Both in front of and behind the camera.
Bones
Tosh.0 - Stupid but often hilarious
South Park
SNL
Simpsons
Family Guy

Past favorites:
Joss Whedon anything- Firefly was my favorite. Still pissed it got canceled.
Veronica Mars- Kristen Bell is super hot. Show was very well written, esp the first two seasons.

Kaylore
05-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Dexter is excellent.

NYBronco
05-02-2010, 06:12 PM

I used to like watching that show. But the live show they did recently (month or 2 ago) when a guest ghost seeker joined them was caught throwing something down the dark hall, turned me away.

Cosmo
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Don't worry crawdad, I'll back you up on that one. Abby is smoking hot. Of course, I can understand that my taste doesn't match that of everyone else. The less men that think she is hot, the better if you ask me.

Cosmo
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh, and Psych is the Sh*T.

Lost
White Collar
Heroes
NCIS
Family Guy
Dexter

NFLBRONCO
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM

I just started watching NCIS this last few months. I agree the show would not be the same without Abby. I hope they settle contract disputes so they keep Abby Tony and Tim.

DBroncos4life
05-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Saving Grace
Bones

Otherwise, nice list.

Bones is my favorite show right now.

cousinal11
05-03-2010, 06:31 AM
We've had unlimited rentals for a while, and the gf and I enjoy to watch a show each night after work. We've gone through a bunch already, wondering if we're missing anything.

List so Far (I highly recommend all if you came here looking, well except for later seasons on Lost/24):

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/(Watching Universe now, pretty cool)- Seriously, SG1 is probably the greatest show ever.
Battlestar Galactica
24 (First couple seasons, before it sucked)
Lost (Until the last season, just don't give a **** anymore)
Fringe (Just started, tivo-ing all)
House
Flashforward
Community
30 Rock
Dexter (Just started)
Castle
Firefly

So what are we missing?

Sopranos.

mizzoutigers
05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
family guy is the best

jhat01
05-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Spartacus
The Pacific
Justified
Archer
Modern Family
House
NCIS
Friday Night Lights
Sons of Anarchy
Burn Notice
Fringe
Rescue Me

chawknz
05-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Dexter, Breaking Bad (Amazing show), Mad Men, Lost.

ohiobronco2
05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Justified is an extremely well written show imo. Don't know if you can rent it yet or not, but worth it if you can. The characters are very well done, plots are engrossing, great mixture of action/comedy/romance...my new favorite show on t.v.
Spartacus was really tough for me to get into until the third episode, then I was hooked like crack.

Rescue Me (another fx show), was a HUGE favorite of mine for a long time. Very dark, but fantastic.

Archer is the new funniest cartoon on t.v., you need to check out the first season.

I saw you had community...probly my favorite comedy right now.

But, definitely check out Justified and Rescue Me. And Archer.

I agree on Justified. I think they are up to 8 episodes now and I really like the show. Others I watch religiously are House and Bones. Used to watch 2 1/2 Men, but I think they may not be around much longer.

ant1999e
05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
This. Awsome show.

meangene
05-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Current shows:
House
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Two and a Half Men
Survivor (good again)
True Blood - Anna Paquin :thumbs:
Entourage
Pretty Wild - guilty pleasure :~ohyah!:
Paranormal State
Psychic Kids
L.A Ink
NFL Total Access

oubronco
05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Sons of Anarchy and Two and a half men

Bronco Boy
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Locked up Abroad is a pretty sweet show.

Irish Stout
05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Four shows that were amazing at the time and are now gone:
Veronica Mars
Arrested Development
Firefly
Dead Like Me

Four Shows that are still on:
Rescue Me
Sons of Anarchy
Friday Night Lights (thought it would be retarded, but its not)
Mad Men

Half the shows on travel channel and food network are good by me too.

NFLBRONCO
05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Maybe I'll have to try veronica mars since it keeps getting listed.

davidtkd
05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Castle
Hard Target
Men of A Certain Age
Modern Family
House
Lie to Me
Deadliest Catch

mkporter
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Maybe I'll have to try veronica mars since it keeps getting listed.

VMars has a very Joss Whedon type of feel to it, even though he wasn't involved in the show. If you are a Whedon fan, than you'll probably really like it. If you are not a Whedon fan, then you haven't seen FireFly.

broncosteven
05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I am souring on Justified, it started out kick ass and now is turning into typical Mentalist type fare. Liked the dude when he played in Deadwood but Justifed is getting more like Heart to heart or Remington steele.

I like the ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever it is called, they have some great documentarys and even the not so great ones are interesting.

Chris
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Do NOT diss Remington Steele! Or Mr Belvedere for that matter.

Miss I.
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
VMars has a very Joss Whedon type of feel to it, even though he wasn't involved in the show. If you are a Whedon fan, than you'll probably really like it. If you are not a Whedon fan, then you haven't seen FireFly.

Well they certainly hired enough Buffy alumni (Alyson Hannigan and Charisma Carpenter) on the show and Whedon was such a fan of Veronica Mars he appeared in an episode as did Kevin Smith. Patty Hearst was even in an episode as random as that is. My favorite guest star was Paul Rudd.

broncosteven
05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Do NOT diss Remington Steele! Or Mr Belvedere for that matter.

I like Remington Steele, we have it on DVD. Justified is falling into the same old predicable pattern though.

Pseudofool
05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Shamefully, no one's mentioned these:

Battlestar Gallatica - not only is it probably the best sci-fi series ever it's one of the best dramas in the past ten years. If you like high stake drama, with spiritual, philosophical, and political overtones. You'll like this show. My favorite show miles ahead of any other.

Breaking Bad - This show is a hardboiled morally ambiguous roller coaster ride. If a teacher who turns to cooking meth because he can't pay for his cancer treatment isn't enough of a compelling premise, I'm at a lost for words.

True Blood - The first season moves a little slow, but the second season is just great; there's a bit cheese here but the acting and writing are top notch thanks to ex. producer (Alan Ball, famed for writing American Beauty and developing Six Feet Under). Even if Vampires aren't your thing, the characters have depth that makes for an interesting drama in its own right.

Spartacus Blood and Sand - the first four episodes are rather poorly written and poorly acted, but visuals are stunning enough to have kept me watching. After the fourth episode the writing and acting just get better and better, to one of the best, if not these best season finale I've ever seen. I seriously get chills thinking about that finale.

Others have mentioned Dexter which is top notch. I also like Sons of Anarchy which got much better in its second season. Deadwood and the Wire are also top notch.

jhat01
05-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Battlestar Gallatica - not only is it probably the best sci-fi series ever it's one of the best dramas in the past ten years. If you like high stake drama, with spiritual, philosophical, and political overtones. You'll like this show. My favorite show miles ahead of any other.

Breaking Bad - This show is a hardboiled morally ambiguous roller coaster ride. If a teacher who turns to cooking meth because he can't pay for his cancer treatment isn't enough of a compelling premise, I'm at a lost for words.

True Blood - The first season moves a little slow, but the second season is just great; there's a bit cheese here but the acting and writing are top notch thanks to ex. producer (Alan Ball, famed for writing American Beauty and developing Six Feet Under). Even if Vampires aren't your thing, the characters have depth that makes for an interesting drama in its own right.

Spartacus Blood and Sand - the first four episodes are rather poorly written and poorly acted, but visuals are stunning enough to have kept me watching. After the fourth episode the writing and acting just get better and better, to one of the best, if not these best season finale I've ever seen. I seriously get chills thinking about that finale.

Others have mentioned Dexter which is top notch. I also like Sons of Anarchy which got much better in its second season. Deadwood and the Wire are also top notch.

I read somewhere that the dude that plays Spartacus has cancer. They've delayed the second season I think. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, I can't wait to see how the second season plays out.

Pseudofool
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I read somewhere that the dude that plays Spartacus has cancer. They've delayed the second season I think. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, I can't wait to see how the second season plays out.
I heard that too, the show has such momentum it would be horrible if they had to find a new lead actor or cancel the show.

Archer81
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I heard that too, the show has such momentum it would be horrible if they had to find a new lead actor or cancel the show.

I heard luekemia. You could kind of tell late in the 1st season. He is not as bulky and his fight scenes are shorter.

I hope he does recover. I hate the show, its wildly inaccurate but it has grown on me...

bronco militia
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I just got hooked on Breaking Bad

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KSD1g31hMBU/SfkaQBeBeXI/AAAAAAAAA_E/Wazbia5B7FQ/s400/Breaking+Bad+Best.jpg

Chris
05-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Plenty of people mentioned these.

Pseudofool
05-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Plenty of people mentioned these.
"No one" might have been an overstatement (due to lack of careful reading of the thread). But "plenty" is an equal overstatement, if we're getting fastidious...

jhns
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
My favorite current shows are Weeds, Entourage, and Californication.

mkporter
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Well they certainly hired enough Buffy alumni (Alyson Hannigan and Charisma Carpenter) on the show and Whedon was such a fan of Veronica Mars he appeared in an episode as did Kevin Smith. Patty Hearst was even in an episode as random as that is. My favorite guest star was Paul Rudd.

Paul Rudd is hilarious. A friend of mine was an extra in several episodes. She actually had a line with Rudd, but it got cut. She was super bummed, although she said he was very friendly and down to earth.

Started watching Party Down recently, and it is produced by Rudd and Rob Thomas. They've had almost every actor from VMars in it at one point or another.

RonDaChamp24
05-03-2010, 02:58 PM
My favorite shows:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (HBO)
Community (NBC)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
The Office (NBC)
30 Rock (NBC)
Jersey Shore (MTV)
Entourage (HBO)
South Park (Comedy Central)
Tosh.0 (Comedy Central
Ugly Americans (Comedy Central)
Family Guy (Fox)
Cleveland Show (Fox)

RonDaChamp24
05-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I heard luekemia. You could kind of tell late in the 1st season. He is not as bulky and his fight scenes are shorter.

I hope he does recover. I hate the show, its wildly inaccurate but it has grown on me...

You heard wrong.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/03/09/andy-whitfield-non-hodgkin-lymphoma/

Andy Whitfield, who plays the lead on the Starz drama 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand,' has been diagnosed with a treatable form of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. In a statement posted to EW.com, Whitfield said, "I'm receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me."

In the meantime, Starz said that it will postpone production on season 2, titled 'Spartacus: Vengeance,' while Whitfield, 35, receives treatment for the condition.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Andy," said Starz president Chris Albrecht, according to the Ausiello Files. "His health, of course, is our primary concern. He has our complete support during this difficult time."

The bloody drama -- which was renewed for a second season before its series premiere in January -- has been a steady ratings draw for the network, with recent episodes averaging about one million viewers. It also introduced the Welsh-born model-actor to mainstream U.S. audiences. He previously starred on such Australian TV series as 'Opening Up' and 'McLeod's Daughters.'

Sucks that it's been delayed. It's become one of my top 3 or 4 favorite shows. I DVR every episode and look forward to it every week. Hope his recovery is quick.

Mogulseeker
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
My favorite shows:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (HBO)
Community (NBC)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
The Office (NBC)
30 Rock (NBC)
Jersey Shore (MTV)
Entourage (HBO)
South Park (Comedy Central)
Tosh.0 (Comedy Central
Ugly Americans (Comedy Central)
Family Guy (Fox)
Cleveland Show (Fox)

Nice list.

Like I said, the only TV shows I watch on a regular basis are Mad Men and South Park... occasionally Family Guy and SNL.

But yeah, my sister likes Parks And Recreation and I watch that with her sometimes... and my pothead friends are into the Office, so when I'm over there sometimes its that.

Tosh.O is funny when its on and I have time to kill, and I watch Ugly Americans often because it's on right after South Park.

Speaking of, I should have mentioned the Sarah Silverman program. That show cracks me up.

I like the mini-series on to pay channels, though. Someone mentioned dead Like Me - that was great. As was John Adams and Rome.

Boobs McGee
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I am souring on Justified, it started out kick ass and now is turning into typical Mentalist type fare. Liked the dude when he played in Deadwood but Justifed is getting more like Heart to heart or Remington steele.

I like the ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever it is called, they have some great documentarys and even the not so great ones are interesting.

Lol I've never seen Mentalist or Heart to Heart...so I can't really compare. If anything, I've grown to like it more and more. There's been some plot twists that I honestly didnt see coming.

Raylan is such a calm cool collected lead...and his boss is hilarious. They do a fantastic job (imo ) with the crowder family, and it seems like whoever they hire to play the small filler roles really sell it well.

If those other shows are anything like this one, I might have to check em out.

And p.s., does anyone else wish they could talk like a lexington native? That drawl is so damn cool

Boobs McGee
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
http://assets.head-fi.org/f/f6/f6e739a9_Bump3.jpg

Anyone watching justified this season????

Holy crap, so much has transpired.

I actually don't think Ma Bennet was the one behind the attempted murder last night...I have a feeling winona's ex husband put the hit out to collect on their insurance money.

Can't believe Boyd's getting back into the business, something seems weird there. Glad coover got shot, but I have a feeling that sparked a war that's gonna end up with Raylan eventually killing his dad.

This season has been intense!

Pony Boy
04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Justified.... best show on TV

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm addicted to Intervention.

Pick Six
04-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Castle
Hard Target
Men of A Certain Age
Modern Family
House
Lie to Me
Deadliest Catch

I was going to post "Men of a Certain Age", if someone didn't mention it. It's a great show. Unfortunately, it's in reruns until the summer...:bomb:

Another "can't miss" TV show, for me, is "Auction Hunters" on A&E. The premise is a group of people bidding against each other for abandoned storage lockers. On the surface, that may seem stupid. However, the dynamics between the auction hunters make the show work...

Archer81
04-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Read through the thread. Spartacus grew on me, and the 2nd prequel season was pretty good, if short.

Watching alot of House, Archer season 2 (the Archer gets breast cancer episode was ****ing brilliant), The Borgias, How I Met Your Mother and Camelot.

Boobs McGee
04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
I seriously sprayed soda everywhere when he was going through the survey says part of the interrogation in that episode. That whole show was honestly some of the best comedy writing eva. RAMPAAAAAAAAGE

Carmelo15
04-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Sopranos (Season 6 was weak)
The Wire
Seinfeld
Family Guy
Entourage
Nip/Tuck (first 3 or 4 seasons were great)

TonyR
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Sopranos (Season 6 was weak)
The Wire
Seinfeld
Family Guy
Entourage
Nip/Tuck (first 3 or 4 seasons were great)

Two best dramas ever on television and I'm not sure there's anything else close.

Started watching The Killing on AMC. Very good so far, anyone else watching?