PDA

View Full Version : A little love for 7th rounder Jammie Kirlew

BowlenBall
04-30-2010, 09:54 PM
From The National Football Post on "Day Three Draftees Worth Watching (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Day-three-draftees-worth-watching.html)"

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Jammie-Kirlew.jpg

"OLB Jammie Kirlew, Denver Broncos

I was high on Kirlew during the season, but he started to lose a lot of his buzz after his combine performance because he lacked ideal size and ran in the high 4.9 range. However, heís a natural pass rusher who has the body control, balance and suddenness to consistently slip blocks off the edge. He lacks a great first step but does a nice job using his hands and plays with consistent leverage on contact. The Broncos already have some talent on their roster in the form of starting 3-4 outside linebackers, but there isnít much depth behind them. Thatís where I think Kirlew could make his mark as a rotational guy."

Whaddaya guys think? Of all our picks, this was the one that left me a bit cold. Doesn't seem like he has the tools to make it in the NFL at either DE or OLB, but McDaniels must see something he really likes, since he traded back into the draft to pick him up. Either way, this is the first article (positive or negative) I've seen on this kid.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2010, 09:57 PM
From The National Football Post on "Day Three Draftees Worth Watching (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Day-three-draftees-worth-watching.html)"

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Jammie-Kirlew.jpg

"OLB Jammie Kirlew, Denver Broncos

I was high on Kirlew during the season, but he started to lose a lot of his buzz after his combine performance because he lacked ideal size and ran in the high 4.9 range. However, heís a natural pass rusher who has the body control, balance and suddenness to consistently slip blocks off the edge. He lacks a great first step but does a nice job using his hands and plays with consistent leverage on contact. The Broncos already have some talent on their roster in the form of starting 3-4 outside linebackers, but there isnít much depth behind them. Thatís where I think Kirlew could make his mark as a rotational guy."

Whaddaya guys think? Of all our picks, this was the one that left me a bit cold. Doesn't seem like he has the tools to make it in the NFL at either DE or OLB, but McDaniels must see something he really likes, since he traded back into the draft to pick him up. Either way, this is the first article (positive or negative) I've seen on this kid.

He is almost the exact same size as Haggan. I project him as an ILB.

UberBroncoMan
04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I think Jarvis Moss' writing is on the wall. As for him being like Haggan, he loses 2 inches and 7lb's to Haggan. I see this dude as a Reid type player. Depth for OLB. We already have Woodyard and Larsen for ILB.

Paladin
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
I project him as PS material with some time to groow and to learn more about foot speed and leverage......

theAPAOps5
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I think Jarvis Moss' writing is on the wall. As for him being like Haggan, he loses 2 inches and 7lb's to Haggan. I see this dude as a Reid type player. Depth for OLB. We already have Woodyard and Larsen for ILB.

They are both 6'3" and within 3lbs of each other in weight.

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 10:24 PM
I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.

Med commented on him and thought he can be a good ST and rotation guy but needs a little coaching.

DBroncos4life
04-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Yeah I'm pretty positive that no one will take any hype away from Tebow LOL

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 10:38 PM
He is almost the exact same size as Haggan. I project him as an ILB.

He has the natural pass rush ability so I believe he will stay in the outside.

*WARHORSE*
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
This guys first 10 yards are quick. He can drop the QB better than a 4.9 forty would suggest.

He may be a sleeper, cause he can play at 4.9, and more than that, can get his hands in the right spots at 4.9 too.

This is a guy that can play football.

Vegas_Bronco
04-30-2010, 11:17 PM
He's got a huge base...lots of lower strength and tackles really well. I see him at Mike or Sam.

cmhargrove
05-01-2010, 04:42 PM
He's got a huge base...lots of lower strength and tackles really well. I see him at Mike or Sam.

Forget just the base, take a look at the Minicamp day 1 photos (on denverbroncos.com), the dude is built like a rock up top as well. His forearms look like most people's thighs.

UberBroncoMan
05-01-2010, 05:04 PM
They are both 6'3" and within 3lbs of each other in weight.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jammie-kirlew?id=496806

Jammie Kirlew

Height:
6'1"
Weight:
260 lbs.

That's what I went by since I figure they use accurate measurements during the combine.

kappys
05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Its always worth a late round pick on a pass rusher. These guys are hard to come by and if he pans out even as a situational rusher(maybe spelling Ayers) that would be a great pick by McD

baja
05-01-2010, 05:46 PM

So you are saying TJ is not a knowledgeable football fan???

BroncoBuff
05-01-2010, 06:11 PM

"Not very knowledgeable"? As in everyone here before Shanahan was fired?

BroncoBuff
05-01-2010, 06:13 PM
So you are saying TJ is not a knowledgeable football fan???

Very funny. Can either one of you guys link me to a single post of yours questioning Hillis before Mike was fired?

Didn't think so.

Tombstone RJ
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jammie-kirlew?id=496806

Jammie Kirlew

Height:
6'1"
Weight:
260 lbs.

That's what I went by since I figure they use accurate measurements during the combine.

:notworthy

fair enough. I've still adopted the guy anyway.

SouthStndJunkie
05-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Jammie Kirlew had a very productive college career.

220 tackles, 52.5 tackles for loss, and 23 sacks with 9 forced fumbles and 6 fumble recoveries.

He is a hard worker and a team leader.

I look for him to make the team and be a good special team player who will work himself onto the field on defense sooner or later.

BroncoBuff
05-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I heard Kirlew once shot a man just for snoring.

BowlenBall
05-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I heard he shot a man in Reno... just to watch him die.

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Very funny. Can either one of you guys link me to a single post of yours questioning Hillis before Mike was fired?

Didn't think so.

Always taking things so serious! If you go to camp this year let me know. I want to meet you in person so you can see that I am being sarcastic.

Kaylor, Oskie, Montrose, and 24champ have and know that its for laughs not for real.

Take a deep breath, and chant woosaa! ^5:sunshine:

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
I heard he shot a man in Reno... just to watch him die.

Yeah Mcd likes him because he walks the line!

baja
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Always taking things so serious! If you go to camp this year let me know. I want to meet you in person so you can see that I am being sarcastic.

Kaylor, Oskie, Montrose, and 24champ have and know that its for laughs not for real.

you mean like you do on the relationship thread???

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh no that is dead serious, serious funny was diluted and ruined!

And if you really thought I cared about a thread being ruined then that's just sad.

Mogulseeker
05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Depends on his tackling. Probably better suited for ILB.

Play2win
05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah Mcd likes him because he walks the line!

In a ring of fire.

baja
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Oh know that is dead serious serious funny was diluted!

And if you really thought I cared about a thread being ruined then that's just sad.

Normally I would not give it a second thought but given your propensity to the dramatic I wondered... ;D

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Normally I would not give it a second thought but given your propensity to the dramatic I wondered... ;D

I think you are projecting on me hippy boy! :)

See the first post in my things I have learned from the Mane thread you have to not take this place serious, its not worth it!

cmhargrove
05-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I found a way to take his pic - here is Kirlew - dude look like 260lbs of muscle

baja
05-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I think you are projecting on me hippy boy! :)

See the first post in my things I have learned from the Mane thread you have to not take this place serious, its not worth it!

Who you calling boy sonny?;D

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Who you calling boy sonny?;D

Sorry Hippy Geezer! :wave::yayaya:

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I found a way to take his pic - here is Kirlew - dude look like 260lbs of muscle

Dude looks like Terry Tate Office Linebacker.

BroncoBuff
05-02-2010, 05:54 PM

WOOOOO-sah.

Hey it works.

We'll see about Hillis ... my guess/prediction is he'll do very very well. Probably in the role of 3rd down back.

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 06:09 PM
WOOOOO-sah.

Hey it works.

We'll see about Hillis ... my guess/prediction is he'll do very very well. Probably in the role of 3rd down back.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. It just seemed like you took my and Baja's comment personally.

Hillis was fun to watch but last year he did make some mistakes and didn't read things right. Maybe he just isn't suited to be in McD's offense. Its not a knock against him just what it is. I only hope the best for him because he was one of those guys you WANT to root for and who you want your kids to look up to and what not.

Traveler
05-03-2010, 03:37 AM
I think Jarvis Moss' writing is on the wall.

Writings been on the wall for Moss since the season ended. Just a matter of when they finally decide to pull the plug on him.

baja
05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry Hippy Geezer! :wave::yayaya:

BTW It's "hippie"

theAPAOps5
05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
BTW It's "hippie"

Sorry a bit before my time! Hippy :egbgb:

baja
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Sorry a bit before my time! Hippy :egbgb:

are you a 60's love child

theAPAOps5
05-03-2010, 11:23 AM
are you a 60's love child

70's almost 80's

baja
05-03-2010, 11:35 AM
70's almost 80's

Jesus I got kids older than you how did i get so old???

Luckily I don't feel old.

Broncos_OTM
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Didn't think so.

All yall are drama queens.. Not to mention kill a decent thread that is almost worth reading . Sorry to say but broncos forums is way better then this site.. which is sad because it used to be a good one..

theAPAOps5
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM
All yall are drama queens.. Not to mention kill a decent thread that is almost worth reading . Sorry to say but broncos forums is way better then this site.. which is sad because it used to be a good one..

Why are you here then? Should I call you pot or kettle?