PDA

View Full Version : Willie Clark Sentencing

BigPlayShay
04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14992715?source=pkg

2:46Judge sentenced Clark to life without parole plus for Williams' murder and an additional 1,152 years in prison for the 16 attempted murder charges and sentencing enhancements for his habitual criminal history.

"Mr. Clark I will simply say from where I sit, barring a retrial of this issue, you are spending your life in prison and you too can be a good person and make a change and make a difference with your life however it turns out," Habas said.

2:35Rosalind Williams gave a tearful statement and Clark listened intently to all of her words.

"This is such a sensdeless crime" she said. "I know he is still saying he is innocent. But for each and every person who was in the vehicle, you guys are all guilty, admit that. Show some remorse. Make your mom, make your dad proud. My son certainly made me proud and I think there is still hope, I really do."

She said she watched Clark's family support him through the trial and knows that they love him as much as she loved her son.

"They will be able to visit him in prison; I have to go visit my son in the cemetery."

Los Broncos
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Burn in hell loser.

BMF Bronco
04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
ugh, that dude needs to fry!

crush17
04-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Sure wish we had the death penalty here. Scum like this doesn't need to be alive or on this Earth any longer...

Rohirrim
04-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Send him to Canyon City. I'm sure there are plenty of Broncos fans down there.

jhns
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
See you in 1,200 years Willie! That is a lot but still not enough.

Chris
04-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Let him contemplate his behaviour forever.

Rohirrim
04-30-2010, 02:32 PM
The right side of the courtroom is marked reserved for Willie Clark's family, but the seats are empty.

Where's your posse now, ahole?

no-pseudo-fan
04-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I think they should sentence him to sudden death at a undetermined time. Have him wondering for the rest of his life when he might die. I say go as far as fire blanks at him every once in a while. Keeping him on edge woulld be great

Chris
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM
This is already turning into a death penalty thread

crowebomber
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I think they should sentence him to sudden death at a undetermined time. Have him wondering for the rest of his life when he might die. I say go as far as fire blanks at him every once in a while. Keeping him on edge woulld be great

Don't we all kind of have that sentence?? Just saying.

bowtown
04-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Don't we all kind of have that sentence?? Just saying.

Yes and it's magnified in prison for a gang member. A life sentence of rotting and watching his back is a great way for Willie to spend forever.

Kaylore
04-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Sure wish we had the death penalty here.

We do.There are only 14 states plus DC that don't have the death penalty. In this case the evidence and nature of the crime wasn't sufficient to warrant the death penalty. I'm ok with him sitting in a cell for an eon, though.

PRBronco
04-30-2010, 02:59 PM
We do.There are only 14 states plus DC that don't have the death penalty. In this case the evidence and nature of the crime wasn't sufficient to warrant the death penalty. I'm ok with him sitting in a cell for an eon, though.

More like getting raped for an eon.

broncswin
04-30-2010, 03:31 PM

This

Taco John
04-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Life behind bars is suitable. Give him the rest of his life to think about it.

Kid A
04-30-2010, 03:41 PM
2:35Rosalind Williams gave a tearful statement and Clark listened intently to all of her words.

"This is such a senseless crime" she said. "I know he is still saying he is innocent. But for each and every person who was in the vehicle, you guys are all guilty, admit that. Show some remorse. Make your mom, make your dad proud. My son certainly made me proud and I think there is still hope, I really do."

She said she watched Clark's family support him through the trial and knows that they love him as much as she loved her son.

"They will be able to visit him in prison; I have to go visit my son in the cemetery."

Very impressive amount of grace from Rosalind Williams. Nobody would blame her if she had taken that time to call for the death penalty for her son's killer. Instead she talked about hoping Clark could turn his life around somewhat. Sounds like a very strong individual.

listopencil
04-30-2010, 04:03 PM

That is pure ****ing awesome. I salute you, sir.

Sassy
04-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Willie Clark sentenced to life plus 1,152 years in prison

Mother of Darrent Williams addresses the court
Friday, April 30, 2010
The mother of Denver Broncos cornerback, Roseland Wiliams, gave an emotional victim impact statement before the man convicted of killing her son was sentenced to life in prison. A jury last month convicted Willie Clark of first-degree murder in Darrent Williams' death on New Year's Day 2007. The drive-by shooting happened after both men left the same nightclub where there was an altercation. Rosalind Williams told the court that every time someone says, "Happy New Year" or "Happy Mother's Day" it hurts, because "my baby will never be able to tell me Happy Mother's Day again." Clark also was convicted of attempted murder and assault charges in the attack that injured two others. Witnesses during the trial testified that Clark hopped into an SUV to catch up with a limousine carrying Williams after the altercation at the club.

Rohirrim
04-30-2010, 04:13 PM
This just really reminds me how much I liked DW. I loved having that kid on the team. His love of life was so much fun to watch. I really think this was the beginning of the end of Shanahan's stay in Denver. When DW got killed the heart of the Broncos was stilled. I doubt this little punk, Clark, will ever realize what he did.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/darrent%20williams.jpg

GreatBronco16
04-30-2010, 04:39 PM

Screw that. He doesn't deserve to live on this earth, in or out of prison.

Baba Booey
04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
This guy will wish he was dead when he gets to prison.

R.I.P. Darrent

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Hit him over the head like a fish. He doesn't even deserve a bullet.

oubronco
04-30-2010, 05:00 PM

Scumbag thugs like this don't deserve the 3 hots and a cot they get

briane
04-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Im sure some convict is going to break a broomstick off in his ass, dahmer style....

burn willie burn!

Broncofan_H
04-30-2010, 05:42 PM

I like that idea. Very good, Sir. They need to record video when they fire the blanks, too.

Archer81
04-30-2010, 06:39 PM

This sentence needs to be bronzed and affixed to a wall the hole that Clark will reside in until he dies.

:Broncos:

Garcia Bronco
04-30-2010, 06:49 PM
RIP Darrent

Requiem
04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I'd rather this than the death penalty. I'm against it for several reasons, with one of them being an "easy out" for those who have committed horrendous crimes. No worse punishment for someone than to have them feel alone in prison and have every day they wake be a reminder for what they did and why it got them there. Rot in Hell, you ****ing punk.

Blessings to Darrent and the Williams family. Hopefully this brings them some sort of closure.

Paladin
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
It wasn't just DWill. There were others who suffered terribly, too, because of this punk.

I would hope there would be some message to the gang punks, but I doubt they will believe Clark is gone. If those punks visit him in Canyon, maybe they could stay a few years. Sleep on the sleeper couch.....

easymobee
04-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't like the death penalty either, due to it being the easy way out.

It really pisses me off when some people kill themselves at the end of their crime (Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold come to mind) Id love to see how they'd be liking prison 10 years later.

Ill look forward to seeing an interview with Clark 20 yrs down the road or so. His own gang hates him, so he won't get much if any protection in prison either. The cops cracked down so hard on his neighborhood to get info on the DWill murder, that something like 70 or 80 other people from his same neighborhood have went to prison, directly due to him.

listopencil
04-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Before I get myself all worked up and into that state of mind where I think about how the criminal should get punished, I'm just going to let it go and say...

RIP 27. Gone but not forgotten.

The Moops
05-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Regardless the man is finally being punished for taking DW away from us . . .