PDA

View Full Version : Clady update, from Josina

BroncoSojia
04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

Clady to Fox31: On t/ characterization of his injury, R. Clady said to me, "it's not that bad." Gt impression tht meant glad it's not worse

Fox 31 Alert: I just got off the phone with R. Clady. He spoke briefly. Clady says that he's hopeful he will be "ready for training camp."

TonyR
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Perhaps some good news from the most unlikely of sources.

CHANGSTER
04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Good stuff. I smartly avoided the other thread as to not bum myself out.

55CrushEm
04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Dear Tebow, let this be accurate......

cutthemdown
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah Chang especially when I turn on radio and hear callers saying they hear he could be done. Better to just not listen until news gets better!!!!!

He would be the worst player to lose on the whole offense IMO.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
if this is accurate, I will cease calling her cork goblin....

TheDave
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Couldn't agree more...

cabronco
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow, Thank Tebow for Josina.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
if this is accurate, I will cease calling her cork goblin....

Agreed, I'll never make another fake tweet.

Rabb
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
it's obvious what happened, Tebow healed him and now Clady has to let on like he is still hurt

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I like how she typed out all of "characterization" but shortened "that" and "the". Seriously, she doesn't have a thesaurus? Or google?

Seriously, replace "On t/ characterization of" with "about". Ok, now I'll lay off her.

no-pseudo-fan
04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Clady hurt knee praying to Tebow, Tebow healed him, Josina advised Tebow of which Broncos are uncircumsized.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2010, 02:35 PM

Could it be any more fitting that the only good news we've seen is from one of the most negative gossipers?

DBroncos4life
04-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I think we should take it easy on the Tebow/God thing. Jokes or not god clearly didn't find it funny and hurt our best player.

BigPlayShay
04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Fox 31 Alert: I just got off the phone with R. Clady. He spoke briefly. Clady says that he's hopeful he will be "ready for training camp.

Clady to Fox31: On t/ characterization of his injury, R. Clady said to me, "it's not that bad." Gt impression tht meant glad it's not worse

2 sources told Fox31 they heard Clady had some type of procedure on his knee. When I asked Clady did you have surgery he replied "yeah."

When I asked Clady which knee it was, he said "left." The call then ended understandably. The Broncos will not confirm Clady's or from other sources coming in.

montrose
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
God I hope he's allright. Even if he's back, we need that knee 100%. Knowshon noticably struggled cutting off his injured knee last season.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Well if he's hopeful to be ready for TRAINING CAMP... then that's good news because if it goes longer then he could still be ready for the season opener.

TonyR
04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
He would be the worst player to lose on the whole offense IMO.

I don't think there's any doubt about it.

chex
04-28-2010, 02:42 PM
it's obvious what happened, Tebow healed him and now Clady has to let on like he is still hurt

Nice. :spit:

chex
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Fox 31 Alert: I just got off the phone with R. Clady. He spoke briefly. Clady says that he's hopeful he will be "ready for training camp.

2 sources told Fox31 they heard Clady had some type of procedure on his knee. When I asked Clady did you have surgery he replied "yeah."

When I asked Clady which knee it was, he said "left." The call then ended understandably. The Broncos will not confirm Clady's or from other sources coming in.

Well, here's her chance to shut people up. Let's see if this is true.

BigPlayShay
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, here's her chance to shut people up. Let's see if this is true.

Yep. And please note that I did not refer to her as a whore :wave:

ND Bronco Fan
04-28-2010, 02:52 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/28/source-ryan-clady-tore-patellar-tendon-playing-basketball/

From one gossiper to the next

ScottXray
Good news is good news....

Hopefully she is being accurate....but if this injury is
recent (as in today) it's a little early for a MEDICAL
opinion, other than from Clady, and he may not feel too bad.
But a Dr may say otherwise.

Gonna have to wait on this .

PRBronco
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/28/source-ryan-clady-tore-patellar-tendon-playing-basketball/

I feel sick. I want to go home now.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
First jeff lewis, now clady!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Irish Stout
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Good news is good news....

Hopefully she is being accurate....but if this injury is
recent (as in today) it's a little early for a MEDICAL
opinion, other than from Clady, and he may not feel too bad.
But a Dr may say otherwise.

Gonna have to wait on this .

If you hold any water in the Josina tweets it appears that the injury likely did not occur today as Clady already had surgery on it.

ScottXray
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
If you hold any water in the Josina tweets it appears that the injury likely did not occur today as Clady already had surgery on it.

???? didn't see anything about already having surgery.

Got anything on that?

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
@JasonLaCanfora: Ryan Clady tore his patellar tendon playing basketball. Big blow for Denver. More on NFL.com and NFL Network

ND Bronco Fan
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Adam_Schefter

Broncos Pro Bowl OT Ryan Clady tore his patella tendon playing basketball. He told people he will miss three months. Could've been worse.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
3 months?

I'll take it.

Deal.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Adam_Schefter

Broncos Pro Bowl OT Ryan Clady tore his patella tendon playing basketball. He told people he will miss three months. Could've been worse.

Schefter delivers again. He's like a little, reporting Tim Tebow.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
???? didn't see anything about already having surgery.

Got anything on that?

This journalism disaster from Josina is the only mention of surgery I've seen:

"2 sources told Fox31 they heard Clady had some type of procedure on his knee. When I asked Clady did you have surgery he replied "yeah.""

montrose
04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Adam_Schefter

Even if Ryan is on the field, there's no way he plays at a high level on an injured knee. Ask Knowshon how playing on one knee works out.

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Even if Ryan is on the field, there's no way he plays at a high level on an injured knee. Ask Knowshon how playing on one knee works out.

Stink disagrees. OLinemen play with this kind of crap at a high level all the time.

no-pseudo-fan

Different positions..... Stink played a week after having knee surgery. He will wear a brace, but he will be fine.

ScottXray
Found this :

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36833661/ns/sports-player_news/

"
Broncos LT Ryan Clady confirmed Wednesday that he needed surgery to repair the patellar tendon he injured in a recent non-football-related incident.

The surgery was done on Clady's left knee. The Pro Bowler claims the injury is not serious, but Mike Lombardi reported on NFL Network's Around the League program Wednesday that Clady will miss "significant" time. "It's not that bad," Clady insisted to FOX 31 Denver, adding that he hopes to be "ready for training camp." Still, it sounds like Clady tore the tendon, which could easily sideline him into Week 1. We'll update as the situation develops."

Eldorado
04-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Different positions..... Stink played a week after having knee surgery. He will wear a brace, but he will be fine.

I think a scoping is different than a tendon repair. Hope I'm wrong.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Umm, I might actually be a little more worried about what McD does to him than I am about his surgery now.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2010, 03:22 PM
3 months?

I'll take it.

Deal.

Same. That's not that bad. Gives him 2 months to get ready for the season.

Adam_Schefter

Oh good. Actual reporting with facts and details of the situation.

Kaylore
It's not going to be three months. Its a serious injury that is similar to blowing an Achilles in terms of healing time.

Treatment & Rehabilitation

* In most cases the patellar tendon becomes completely ruptured across its width and thus surgical intervention is required to repair the damage. This involves suturing (stitching) the torn tendon.
* Following surgery the patient will be advised on a specific rehabilitation plan which normally involves little or no weight-bearing on the affected knee and wearing a knee brace to prevent the knee from bending. This may be required for more than 6 weeks.
* Once the knee brace has been removed exercises to regain full range of movement and build up the strength of the quadriceps muscle group should be carried out.

Rehabilitation from a patellar tendon rupture is extremely slow and it may take between 6 and 12 months before the patient is able to return to sports.
Clady "wants" to have it fixed quickly but it won't be. It will take a long time. This has October as the earliest. He is young and athletic, but he's never had an injury like this.

And what a stupid thing for a guy his size to do. Playing basketball? Really? Well Clady, your little pickup game just set your team back - if not for all of next year, possibly for the first part of the season.

bronclvr
schefter delivers again. He's like a little, reporting tim tebow.

lol

montrose
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Stink disagrees. OLinemen play with this kind of crap at a high level all the time.

I hope so guys.

bronco militia
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
god damn it! so much for the LT bubble screen

RonDaChamp24
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
It's not going to be three months. Its a serious injury that is similar to blowing an Achilles in terms of healing time.

Clady "wants" to have it fixed quickly but it won't be. It will take a long time. This has October as the earliest. He is young and athletic, but he's never had an injury like this.

And what a stupid thing for a guy his size to do. Playing basketball? Really? Well Clady, your little pickup game just set your team back - if not for all of next year, possibly for the first part of the season.

It's being reported that it's not worst case scenario. It's not nearly as serious as it couldve been. All reports Schefter and Jason LaConforna have him
back by August. He had surgery a while ago. This has been know by Den for a while.

Kaylore
04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
It's being reported that it's not worst case scenario. It's not nearly as serious as it couldve been. All reports Schefter and Jason LaConforna have him
back by August. He had surgery a while ago. This has been know by Den for a while.

I'm not sold that is the case. These things always take longer than the player wants. The only source is Clady's own mouth and players frequently play down their recovery period.

no-pseudo-fan
04-28-2010, 03:30 PM

I agree and disagree. He can not live in a vacuum, but he has to be carefull.

I hope that he is going by what the dr is telling him, not what he thinks.

theAPAOps5
No more basketball for clady.

cmhargrove

One of the reasons Clady was an athletic Tackle was that he played basketball. Other NFL players are boxing & doing MMA to stay in shape. John Lynch's offseason workout used to look pretty insane.

Let the guy play some hoops to stay quick on his feet. It's just bad luck, that's all.

eddie mac
04-28-2010, 03:31 PM
So Beadles was drafted with the full knowledge that Clady was seriously hurt. Good call McD.

lookin' glass
04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm buying stock in Tussin'....

ScottXray
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
So Beadles was drafted with the full knowledge that Clady was seriously hurt. Good call McD.

Sort of explains, why we drafted THREE O linemen, which did have me a little puzzled, with Hochstein Olson, Olsen and the others.

If Clady can't go by the start of the season Who takes his spot?

either way it throws a little more uncertainlty on the line. Damn.

IHaveALight
04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
god damn it! so much for the LT bubble screen

:spit:

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
One of the reasons Clady was an athletic Tackle was that he played basketball. Other NFL players are boxing & doing MMA to stay in shape. John Lynch's offseason workout used to look pretty insane.

Let the guy play some hoops to stay quick on his feet. It's just bad luck, that's all.

Great points. I was watching a ballgame the other day where Dick Enberg said Josh Johnson of the Marlins stayed in shape and worked on his athleticism in the offseason by playing basketball.

Joe Paterno watches football recruits on the basketball court to get a good idea of their short area explosion. It's no doubt a great way to improve foot quickness.

You can't expect world class athletes to completely shut it down. Clady is just as likely to get hurt in team mandated workouts at Dove Valley as he is in a pickup basketball game. There are a myriad of ways one can get hurt, it's just part of the risk that's life.

Rohirrim

So, I guess the team covered this up to keep their draft priorities secret?

Well done. :thumbs:

That explains the "reach" on Beadles.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM

Actually, McD drafted Tebow the day before Beadles.

God told Tebow what was going down, and Tebow told McD.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Great points. I was watching a ballgame the other day where Dick Enberg said Josh Johnson of the Marlins stayed in shape and worked on his athleticism in the offseason by playing basketball.

Joe Paterno watches football recruits on the basketball court to get a good idea of their short area explosion. It's no doubt a great way to improve foot quickness.

You can't expect world class athletes to completely shut it down. Clady is just as likely to get hurt in team mandated workouts at Dove Valley compared to a pickup basketball game. There are a myriad of ways one can get hurt, it's just part of the risk that's life.

No way man, basketball is a ****ing widowmaker. So many ankle rolls, knee injuries (apparently), wrist, finger injuries. Of course I totally suck at it. But still, I cringe thinking of our most valuable 300 pounder going up for a rebound.

Rohirrim
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
No way man, basketball is a ****ing widowmaker. So many ankle rolls, knee injuries (apparently), wrist, finger injuries. Of course I totally suck at it. But still, I cringe thinking of our most valuable 300 pounder going up for a rebound.

I'd go ahead and let him have it.

boppool
04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Clady hurt knee praying to Tebow, Tebow healed him, Josina advised Tebow of which Broncos are uncircumsized.

:rofl:

Black96WS6
04-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Torn patellar tendon confirmed:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/28/ryan-clady-torn-patellar-tendon-confirmed/

Schefter says that Clady is telling people he'll miss three months. (Somewhere, LeCharles Bentley is shaking his head.) La Canfora says Clady will miss three or four months.

Frankly, we'll be shocked if we see Clady in a regular-season game before we see Ben Roethlisberger.

no-pseudo-fan
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM

I have to agree, I played both sports growing up. I got hurt regularly playing basketball, nothing major: Ankles, knee, shoulder, hands, broken nose.

Playing Football: hairline fracture in one of my fingers once.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-28-2010, 03:52 PM

It's a risk-reward thing, but I still say playing basketball offers more good for an athlete compared to the bad.

boppool
04-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Adam_Schefter

No offense to Josina or anyone else, but this is the only sourse I trust.

Great news! ^5

outdoor_miner
04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm not sold that is the case. These things always take longer than the player wants. The only source is Clady's own mouth and players frequently play down their recovery period.

Absolutely... The player is the least reliable source of information in these situations. They ALWAYS think of the best case scenario.

Good Lord, I hope he is right, but I somehow doubt it.

s0phr0syne
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
As bad as it sucks to lose Clady, Denver is lucky to have Harris ready and able to play LT. It's his natural position and I have a feeling he'll be even more effective there than at RT where his non-mauler-ness diminishes his contributions.

Pony Boy
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Why don't they go ahead and let Tebow lay hands on the knee, what's to lose?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM

It looks like McDaniels has a tight lip operation going on at Dove Valley, which he learned from Bill Belichick who is notorious for not giving the media anything.

Cosmo
04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Not sure how he's going to miss regular season time. A torn patella takes 3-4 months to heal according to every site that I have visited and doesn't take near the rehab any other knee tendon takes.

I bet he plays week 1.

no-pseudo-fan
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
According to the Denver Post:

The blind side of Kyle Orton, the front side of Tim Tebow, just got a little less secure.
Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady had surgery Tuesday at a Steadman Hawkins Clinic to repair a partially torn patellar tendon, an injury suffered while playing basketball over the weekend, multiple NFL sources confirmed.
Because the tendon was only 50 percent torn, Clady is expected to be out for three months and will be able to play again in four months, meaning he will likely miss the entire preseason. The team is hopeful Clady will be ready in the regular season opener in Jacksonville on Sept. 12.

Chris
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
This sucks... but looks like we dodged a bullet.

Houshyamama
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Here's my dream scenario if Clady has to miss time:

Clady misses a number of games, Harris shines at LT and Beadles steps in at RT and plays amazing for a rookie. Clady comes back at full strength which leads to a great competition at RT. Who knows, this might lead to us getting GREAT compensation if we decide to trade Harris due to Beadles productivity....

HEAV
04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Because the tendon was only 50 percent torn, Clady is expected to be out for three months and will be able to play again in four months, meaning he will likely miss the entire preseason. The team is hopeful Clady will be ready in the regular season opener in Jacksonville on Sept. 12.

Pheeeewwweeee

No more playing hoops big-boy! You aren't Melo!

2KBack
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Here's my dream scenario if Clady has to miss time:

Clady misses a number of games, Harris shines at LT and Beadles steps in at RT and plays amazing for a rookie. Clady comes back at full strength which leads to a great competition at RT. Who knows, this might lead to us getting GREAT compensation if we decide to trade Harris due to Beadles productivity....

I pray that he makes it back by week 1. The good thing is that he is just so freakin good. I don't think missing preseason will hurt him much. On the flip side, these new young guys are gonna get lots of reps, which is a positive.

BigPlayShay
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
http://twitter.com/PostBroncos

It happened over the weekend so, not sure that McDaniels was immediately aware and that it affected the draft. Surgery was Tuesday.

Houshyamama
04-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I pray that he makes it back by week 1. The good thing is that he is just so freakin good. I don't think missing preseason will hurt him much. On the flip side, these new young guys are gonna get lots of reps, which is a positive.

Yeah, I echo that. And that it is apparently a 50%, rather than complete tear of the tendon is huge.

Boobs McGee
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm just glad this wasn't mcdonalds bag/dog/snowblower related.

gyldenlove
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm just glad this wasn't mcdonalds bag/dog/snowblower related.

I fully agree, you should never play basketball with a snowblower that is very unsafe.

Kaylore
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Pheeeewwweeee

No more playing hoops big-boy! You aren't Melo!

That is huge. Partial tears are really just severe sprains and completely changes how soon he'll back. We have indeed dodged a bullet here.

And I agree, this guy needs to stop playing hoops. It's stupid. Nothing good can come from him doing it.

chaz
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Wouldn't bother me if he missed a few games as long as he gets the knee right and comes back strong. Don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but we're not a super bowl caliber team this year, and I don't want Ryan to turn into the next LeCharles.

TheReverend
04-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I think we should take it easy on the Tebow/God thing. Jokes or not god clearly didn't find it funny and hurt our best player.

Tebow's fine, bro.

misturanderson
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
According to the Denver Post:

The blind side of Kyle Orton, the front side of Tim Tebow, just got a little less secure.
Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady had surgery Tuesday at a Steadman Hawkins Clinic to repair a partially torn patellar tendon, an injury suffered while playing basketball over the weekend, multiple NFL sources confirmed.

I was going through this whole thread thinking to myself "just because the tendon is torn doesn't mean it was completely ruptured, especially considering that he seemed relatively upbeat about it." Glad to see that was the case.

colonelbeef
04-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Wow.

HEAV
04-28-2010, 05:10 PM
That is huge. Partial tears are really just severe sprains and completely changes how soon he'll back. We have indeed dodged a bullet here.

And I agree, this guy needs to stop playing hoops. It's stupid. Nothing good can come from him doing it.

It's one thing when you in college to go play hoops and I know/understand that many players do off-field sports. But it's not worth the gamble when you are getting paid millions to play Football and end up hurt playing a pick-up game of hoops.

I would understand getting hurt working out "Preparing" for 2010 football season. That's about making yourself better for the Team.

It's cool is Tyler Polumbus goes plays hoops. But not your All-Pro Left tackle that is being counted on to play 16+ games.

chaz
04-28-2010, 08:44 PM
It's one thing when you in college to go play hoops and I know/understand that many players do off-field sports. But it's not worth the gamble when you are getting paid millions to play Football and end up hurt playing a pick-up game of hoops.

I would understand getting hurt working out "Preparing" for 2010 football season. That's about making yourself better for the Team.

It's cool is Tyler Polumbus goes plays hoops. But not your All-Pro Left tackle that is being counted on to play 16+ games.

Playing other sports is a phenomenal way to stay in shape for your main sport and add variation to your workouts. Do you really think an athlete is going to ONLY do football related work all offseason? That would be incredibly monotonous.

I understand your frustration, but it's not realistic to expect top-level atheletes to stop being athletes in the offseason. Or to expect guys that grew up playing multiple sports, and whose friends still play those sports, to refrain and sit at home.

Atwater His Ass
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
He's just as likely to get injured playing hoops as he is jogging or lifting weights.

It's absurd to pretend the risk is somehow increased playing other sports.

bowtown
04-28-2010, 09:01 PM
He's just as likely to get injured playing hoops as he is jogging or lifting weights.

You really believe you are equally at risk of a serious injury while jogging as you are playing basketball?

broncobum6162
04-28-2010, 09:12 PM

LOL, so true!

ward63
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Lets go get Flozell the Hotel for some insurance!

SoDak Bronco
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM

i disagree...anytime you play a sport like basketball, you are jumping, cutting, and doing a lot of things that can be unpredictable and cause these type of injuries.

Def. sucks

BigPlayShay
04-30-2010, 01:09 AM
First jeff lewis, now clady!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26448&stc=1&d=1272611189

SouthStndJunkie
04-30-2010, 01:13 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26448&stc=1&d=1272611189

The Grand Cannon.