PDA

View Full Version : analysis of tebow's throwing motion on sports science

titan
04-28-2010, 09:07 AM
not sure if this is an old clip - check out espn's sports science for an analysis of tebow's old vs new throwing motion

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportscience/index

click on the tebow thumbnail

DawnBTVS
04-28-2010, 09:14 AM
This is one thing that drives me nuts. A lot of the "draft experts" look at Tebow's game film and see the old throwing motion and yap on and on that he's not a real QB/won't be an NFL level QB.

They've ignored the (fairly) major strides he's made since then and ignore the fact that while Tebow could revert in game situations, he just as easily could stick with the new motion in game situations.

I love the Sports Science clips and the above simple change of bringing the ball up is enough to make a big difference in terms of release time and length between QB and defender.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I'd like to know what kind of an increase in ball speed and RPM (i guess? ball spin speed) he could have with a "good" throwing motion. I hope they logged that data and can compare it after McD spends some time with him.

That One Guy
04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I love those sports science segments. Just curious, am I the only one that would politely decline if they offered to pay me to be the crash dummy in Suh's episode? He destroyed that thing. Those shows really make you realize how far from average these people are. We all know someone who claims they could've gone pro in something but their skills have to be truly amazing.