PDA

View Full Version : It starts..... NFL Network and ESPN Analysts picking the Broncos to finish.....

KevinJames
04-28-2010, 12:42 AM
I was watching some TV today and some idiot on ESPN said the Broncos will finish in 4th place in the AFC West, I also heard someone on Sirius NFL radio say it as well as Matt Williamson from ESPN radio....

Did I miss something ?

What the hell have the Chiefs and Raiders done to put themselves over us?

I have never seen a team get shafted in the media as much as the Broncos have over the years...... wow

Baba Booey
04-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Same thing happened last year and guys like Clayton and Dukes ended up looking like complete ignoramuses.

Clayton is a good for nothing nerd.

Bronco Boy
04-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Why do you care? Would Tebow care?

broncocalijohn
04-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Dont worry about it. Soon they will be giving change to the hotdog vendor out at their nearest costco and notice the newly minted coins of Tebow on one side and the inscription stating, "In Tebow We Trust". If you thought Foneco, Chuck Norris and Hillis was big time, you havent seen anything yet.

Kaylore
04-28-2010, 01:18 AM
We lost Marshall but upgraded both lines. Improving the offensive and defensive lines will make us so much better. Factor in the easier schedule, and unless they think the other teams in our division are suddenly awesome, which would be just as stupid, I don't get where they're getting we got worse.

Broncosfreak_56
04-28-2010, 01:25 AM
We lost Marshall but upgraded both lines. Improving the offensive and defensive lines will make us so much better. Factor in the easier schedule, and unless they think the other teams in our division are suddenly awesome, which would be just as stupid, I don't get where they're getting we got worse.

I'll take a stab at that.

They got sh*t for brains? ???

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2010, 01:25 AM
I will admit though that both Oakland and KC did get a hell of a lot better this off season with FA and the draft.

Doggcow
04-28-2010, 01:43 AM
I will admit though that both Oakland and KC did get a hell of a lot better this off season with FA and the draft.

Shoveling **** into their locker rooms would equate to them getting a hell of a lot better.

I'm not scared.

FireFly
04-28-2010, 02:25 AM
3 of the 4 teams got significantly better this offseason imo

The team that I DON'T think took significant steps forward, believe or not, is the Chargers.

I think this will be a much more competitive division in 2010

atomicbloke
04-28-2010, 02:43 AM
By his own admission, John Clayton is a disgrace to human life.

OBF1
04-28-2010, 03:25 AM
They are a bunch of whores

*WARHORSE*
04-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Let it roll off the back. They'll look all the dumber later.

I figure if Beadles and Walton are good enough to earn the starting spots at guard and center, and TBone can get on the field in goaline packages, we should be a much better offense even without BM.

Rick Gosselin, supposed draft guru.....gave only Denver and KC a grade of A and A+ in the draft. He said we had the best 3rd round of any team.

He said Walton is a nasty player and will be the next "Nails" for us for many years. He said he should open a pancake house for the amount of pancake blocks he had at Baylor.

I believe Orton will be improved, and BM missing will be a boon for him to target all the receivers rather than yankin on that security blanket.

Killericon
04-28-2010, 03:49 AM
I love **** like this. Which do you think motivates a player more; hearing the analysts are picking them to do well, or hearing that they're picking them to do poorly?

Caveat Lector
04-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Same thing happened last year and guys like Clayton and Dukes ended up looking like complete ignoramuses.

Clayton is a good for nothing nerd.

ROFL!

I'm suprised that fat moron can talk yet. Thought he'd still have his foot in his mouth from last year...

cutthemdown
04-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Well Broncos collapse every yr. Until we prove otherwise we are a soft, weak, crappy team. The AFC west has 3 crap team you have to pick one of them last. They probably figure Broncos lost there best offensive player so we will put them last.

We have a ton of ? marks but I just think we have a way better group then either Raiders or Chiefs. Not that we can sweep them, that would be tough because we just aren't that good, but I wouldn't swap rosters with either of those 2 teams.

I think Campbell and upgrade, but that Orton is better. I would rather have Orton. But right now media loving Oaklands dumping fat albert so they will get a lift from that.

KC I guess just sort of one of those teams no one cares about. I mean media doesn't seem to really care much. Not a lot of hate, not a lot of love, probably just hear about them in midwest.

Raiders and Broncos get a lot of passion in the west, so I'm not surprised Broncos hated outside the rocky mountain region.

Our Tebow who art in Denver. Give us the victory, our Sunday joy and we will forgive your wobbly throws. Lead us not into failure but deliver the Broncos to victory. For we hate the Raiders, the Chiefs and especially the Chargers.

Amen.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Good. Last place predictions make me happy.

mizzoutigers
04-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Again, most of these people are nerds that have never played a sport in their life, let alone football. it's a joke, don't even waste your time with these idiots

521 1N5
04-28-2010, 06:17 AM
"analyst" and "experts" I'm tiring of them. I may just start watching the games on Sunday and stop reading opinions.

rmsanger
04-28-2010, 06:32 AM
At the end of the season nobody will remember this article outside of Denver. Nobody will call these analysts out if we finish 2nd or 4th in the AFCW. To most of the league we one of the worst if not the worst division in football. So the difference between 2nd and 4th both having no playoff spots is neglible.

Not sure why the outrage on here as really if we finished 4th or 2nd last year in our division was meaningless, we still didn't make the playoffs.

CEH
04-28-2010, 06:40 AM
OAK doesn't have to do too much except get average QB play to improve this year. Watching them last year it's obvious how the QB play would drag the whole team down.

SD won 10 or so in a row so they will still be the favorites and came into Denver and rolled us like little b**ches. So did KC though we did KC the same to them but our collapse was epic with the playoffs still up in the air

This division is up for grabs but as was mentioned earlier we need to stop the late season collapses and win our division games at home and steal one on the road. 4-2 within the division is a minimum in order to compete.

Rohirrim
04-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Wwtd?

chex
04-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Well Broncos collapse every yr. Until we prove otherwise we are a soft, weak, crappy team. The AFC west has 3 crap team you have to pick one of them last. They probably figure Broncos lost there best offensive player so we will put them last.

I agree, that this is a huge part of it.

Another reason is the knee-jerk reaction coming out of the draft. Because they are terrible, KC & OAK picked top ten and got sexier names, ergo, they had a great draft. Like it took a genius to figure out to make those picks. Thatís all these guys do really, is grade based on the names, instead of actual need or talent. In 1997, the year Seattle drafted Walter Jones & Shawn Springs in the 1st round, Joe Theismann declared at the end of the 1st day of the draft that Seattle was going to the AFC Championship Game. Thatís how these guys make their predictions. No one is going to rave about a draft or a teamís fortunes when 3 offensive lineman are drafted, none in round 1.

It doesnít really matter at the end of the day though. No one takes them seriously, and even if we win the Super Bowl undefeated, thereíll be some reason how or why we lucked into it. Thereís still 4 months of this nonsense to wade through.

jhns
04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
I would assume people think we got worse (or didn't improve as much as the others) because we lost Marshall, are starting a rookie or two on a redone o-line, and had a pretty pathetic defense by the end of last season. I think we improved the d-line a lot but I'm not sure about our LBs. I would guess these analysts just don't see the improvement on the d-line though.

We do have huge question marks at receiver and o-line though. We will probably have rookies playing significant roles and none of us know how good they will be.

jhns
04-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, we also have to either start Orton or a rookie at QB. Orton is horrible and Tebow is a rookie. I know one won't give us a good offense and the other probably won't for at least a season or three.

colonelbeef
04-28-2010, 07:45 AM

Haha. Quality work on the avatar

bowtown
04-28-2010, 07:46 AM
I love not being expected to do anything. Just makes it that much sweeter when we win. I hope the entire league overlooks us all season.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2010, 07:47 AM
KC's OL and Front 7 still suck. They're still significantly worse than the other 3 teams in the division.

Simple question, how many Chiefs start for other AFCW teams? Not many.

broncobum6162
04-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Gosh, that is the coolest avatar EVER!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm surpised someone at ESPN hasn't declared the Broncos will go 0-16 yet. Fact is, the Broncos are the 2nd best team in the AFCW. Orton is in his second year of this offense with a better oline. Moreno will be in his second year in this offense with a better oline. The Broncos WR depth is fantastic with a mix of vets and big young talent. Throw in the fact that Tebow can come in on special packages and I think this teams ability to score points has much improved. That's just the offense (which is the weak link). Really, do we have to even talk about the defense with the deepest secondary in the NFL, depth on the defensive line, Ayers in his second year and at OLB, Haggan in the middle, Doom, Williams, Larsen for depth.

This is a big defense, let me esssplain:

Ayers OLB 6' 3" 274
Haggan ILB 6' 3" 267
Kirlew ILB 6' 3" 264 (Rookie)
Larsen ILB 6' 2" 243
Reid OLB 6' 2" 270
Williams ILB 6' 1" 242

That's just the linebackers.

2KBack
04-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm surpised someone at ESPN hasn't declared the Broncos will go 0-16 yet. Fact is, the Broncos are the 2nd best team in the AFCW. Orton is in his second year of this offense with a better oline. Moreno will be in his second year in this offense with a better oline. The Broncos WR depth is fantastic with a mix of vets and big young talent. Throw in the fact that Tebow can come in on special packages and I think this teams ability to score points has much improved. That's just the offense (which is the weak link). Really, do we have to even talk about the defense with the deepest secondary in the NFL, depth on the defensive line, Ayers in his second year and at OLB, Haggan in the middle, Doom, Williams, Larsen for depth.

This is a big defense, let me esssplain:

Ayers OLB 6' 3" 274
Haggan ILB 6' 3" 267
Kirlew ILB 6' 3" 264 (Rookie)
Larsen ILB 6' 2" 243
Reid OLB 6' 2" 270
Williams ILB 6' 1" 242

That's just the linebackers.

Never forget that Denver has a Bosworth now. It should never be forgotten.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
19 undrafted free agents have signed with the Broncos. 19-na-na-na-19 (going 1980s hip hop here).

KYChamp24
04-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Pretty sure some picked us 3rd last year. It's the NFL...things can change so much from year to year.

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Paging Brian Dawkins. Mr. Dawkins, they don't respect us, nobody respects us. Is respect given?

Chris
04-28-2010, 10:00 AM
What do you think?

http://images.townnews.com/aurorasentinel.com/content/articles/2009/12/26/sports/local_sports/doc4b36833daee3b788748394.jpg

RESPECT IS EARNED.

azbroncfan
04-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't think we will finish last but I could see Oakland finishing ahead of us.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Campbell to Schillings does suck. Add in McFadden (hay, I just ryhmed!) and the fact that the faiders drafted more help for their oline and are going to be a run first team, yah, they could finally be back to respectability.

chex
04-28-2010, 10:14 AM
19 undrafted free agents have signed with the Broncos. 19-na-na-na-19 (going 1980s hip hop here).

Vietnam.....s-s-s-s-saigon....

underrated29
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Bwahaha-Oakland ahead of us... We are going 10-6 at worst. i think 11-5...Do you really think oakland wins more than 10 games this season? Or the Chefs?

No way they even come close.

PS- KC is better than Oakland.

manchambo
04-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Let me preface this by saying I actually think the Broncos will be better than that.

But, given the Broncos slide at the end of last year, and the fact that they got their poop pushed in by the Raiders and Chiefs down the stretch, I don't think picking them behind those two teams is a sure sign of mental illness.

Steve Sewell
04-28-2010, 12:14 PM
In 1997, the year Seattle drafted Walter Jones & Shawn Springs in the 1st round, Joe Theismann declared at the end of the 1st day of the draft that Seattle was going to the AFC Championship Game.

It is not surprising that the biggest retard in the history of sports would say such a thing.

Steve Sewell
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah, we also have to either start Orton or a rookie at QB. Orton is horrible and Tebow is a rookie. I know one won't give us a good offense and the other probably won't for at least a season or three.

Orton is horrible? So half the league's QBs that finished behind him in QB rating are "horrible"? I should probably just put you on ignore since I can't tell whether you're retarded or just trolling.

Steve Sewell
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Campbell to Schillings does suck. Add in McFadden (hay, I just ryhmed!) and the fact that the faiders drafted more help for their oline and are going to be a run first team, yah, they could finally be back to respectability.

Their owner is Al Davis and their coach is Tom Cable. It seems like every year for the last 5-6 years the drumbeat is "zomg da raidaz gonna be bettah dis year" from a lot of people, and then they turn around and get rocked (ala Eddie Royal two years ago).

jhns
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Orton is horrible? So half the league's QBs that finished behind him in QB rating are "horrible"? I should probably just put you on ignore since I can't tell whether you're retarded or just trolling.

What, you think the QB rating system tells you something? Have you looked at the list over the past few years? Are you really trying to claim that list tells the order of how good QBs are? So you are actually going to sit here and claim the following:

Favre, Rivers, Rodgers, and Rothlisberger are all better QBs than Peyton Manning?

Romo, Schaub, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Rivers, and Facre are all better than Brady?

Do you really list your top 10 as:

1) Brees
2) Favre
3) Rivers
4) Rodgers
5) Roethlisberger
6) Peyton
7) Schaub
8) Romo
9) Brady
10) Warner

Really? You wouldn't switch any of that around? Interesting.

I would say about half of the QBs in the league are pretty bad. That is why teams like us are actively trying to replace them. I guess you think we want to replace Orton because he is so good? I don't need to troll, the obvious seems to be enough.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
ESPN said the Broncos will finish in 4th place in the AFC West....I have never seen a team get shafted as much as the Broncos

http://i45.tinypic.com/e0l4xd.gif

ScottXray
04-28-2010, 02:56 PM
If the other threads about Clady being possibly gone for the year
are true I want to know which of these bastages put out the "hit " on us.

Jebus!

gunns
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Well we all know why they think Oakland will do better than us....they now have the all star, pro bowl, future HOF QB, **** I can't even remember his name....

PRBronco
04-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Well we all know why they think Oakland will do better than us....they now have the all star, pro bowl, future HOF QB, **** I can't even remember his name....

And they spent the 8th overall pick on a linebacker who gets diarrhea when he gets nervous! A+ draft!

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/e0l4xd.gif

Kicking that field goal ended our season.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Orton is horrible?

Orton is just a whiter, shorter, thinner, smarter, successful, more skilled version of JaMarcus Russell with greater football aptitude and a will to win. Good luck with that....

Blueflame
04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Orton is just a whiter, shorter, thinner, smarter, successful, more skilled version of JaMarcus Russell with greater football aptitude and a will to win. Good luck with that....

Way less expensive than Russell, too...:~ohyah!:

KCStud
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
The Broncos had a decent offseason.

You lost your best playmaker on offense and your best coach who helped your defense immensely. Both played huge roles in your team doing well, especially Nolan. You signed a NT who is on his last leg and "used to be" good. Green and Bannan were good signings though.

KC got 2 of the best coordinators in the NFL who are proven (notice I said coordinator, not head coach). We also got a very good RB in Jones and a proven pass protector in Lilja.

The draft is irrelevant at this point. Nobody knows if Thomas or Decker will replace Marshall's talent or if Berry and McCluster will be big playmakers like they expect to be. On paper it looks like KC and Denver both had excellent drafts.

I will say this though. If KC lands John Henderson, we have the best NT in the division and that will help us immensely.

Oh and Faiders finish last. Campbell sucks more than Orton or Cassel.

Archer81
04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
The AFC West has been so soft for too long. It would actually benefit all four teams if the division had an elevated talent level. I want KC, Oak and SD games to be competitive. It does sharpen the Broncos to play good teams.

So...bring em on. I can't wait for the season.

:Broncos:

Gob
04-28-2010, 07:07 PM
The Broncos had a decent offseason.

You lost your best playmaker on offense and your best coach who helped your defense immensely. Both played huge roles in your team doing well, especially Nolan. You signed a NT who is on his last leg and "used to be" good. Green and Bannan were good signings though.

KC got 2 of the best coordinators in the NFL who are proven (notice I said coordinator, not head coach). We also got a very good RB in Jones and a proven pass protector in Lilja.

The draft is irrelevant at this point. Nobody knows if Thomas or Decker will replace Marshall's talent or if Berry and McCluster will be big playmakers like they expect to be. On paper it looks like KC and Denver both had excellent drafts.

I will say this though. If KC lands John Henderson, we have the best NT in the division and that will help us immensely.

Oh and Faiders finish last. Campbell sucks more than Orton or Cassel.

Isn't he a bit tall for NT? I am no expert, but he weighs what the shorter NTs in the league weigh (if that) but is taller then any NT I can think of. All the other nose tackles close to his height have like 30 plus pounds on him. I would think he would be more of a DE on a 3-4.

broncowill
04-28-2010, 07:58 PM
they dont realize that one player is not a team and that we have also upgraded in many areas. all they can see is 100 catches.

broncowill
04-28-2010, 08:00 PM
ROFL!

I'm suprised that fat moron can talk yet. Thought he'd still have his foot in his mouth from last year...

they always forget when there wrong. just dont want to realize they suck at there jobs

KCStud
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Isn't he a bit tall for NT? I am no expert, but he weighs what the shorter NTs in the league weigh (if that) but is taller then any NT I can think of. All the other nose tackles close to his height have like 30 plus pounds on him. I would think he would be more of a DE on a 3-4.

Ya I think he is capable of playing both. I like his height though because he can block passing lanes. He has a good motor though. The Jags were dumb for letting him go that's for sure.

IHaveALight
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
On Total Access tonight they picked how many games the Broncos would win.

Rod Woodson -4
Warren Sapp - 6
Mike Lombardi - 10

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I've already asked it once in this thread and more than once at CP and it's never answered by Chiefs fans, who from KC starts in Denver?

Charles starts at RB and Bowe at WR. No one on the OL does. Orton still starts over Cassel, and Graham is still the bestter TE.

On defense? Both Denver corners still start, as do Dawkins and Hill. I'd listen to a Berry argument mid-season though once he's played a bit. Denver's entire DL starts at this point and at least 2 of their LBs do as well.

That's 5 or 6 players tops. KC's Front 7 is still atrocious and even signing Henderson isn't going to change that.

We can sit there and talk about who made what moves this offseason, but there's still a huge talent disparity between the 2 teams. One team is 24-24 over the past 3 seasons and the other's record is 11-37 I believe.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I've already asked it once in this thread and more than once at CP and it's never answered by Chiefs fans, who from KC starts in Denver?

Charles starts at RB and Bowe at WR. No one on the OL does. Orton still starts over Cassel, and Graham is still the bestter TE.

On defense? Both Denver corners still start, as do Dawkins and Hill. I'd listen to a Berry argument mid-season though once he's played a bit. Denver's entire DL starts at this point and at least 2 of their LBs do as well.

That's 5 or 6 players tops. KC's Front 7 is still atrocious and even signing Henderson isn't going to change that.

We can sit there and talk about who made what moves this offseason, but there's still a huge talent disparity between the 2 teams. One team is 24-24 over the past 3 seasons and the other's record is 11-37 I believe.

Chiefs are the perennial winners of the off season every year. When there is no football actually being played, they win their biggest game, the Offseason Bowl.

:thumbsup:

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM
On Total Access tonight they picked how many games the Broncos would win.

Rod Woodson -4
Warren Sapp - 6
Mike Lombardi - 10

Three former faiders. Well, at least one of them knows a little football.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Three former faiders. Well, at least one of them knows a little football.Woodson has always been the smartest...

KCStud
04-29-2010, 12:10 AM

Who cares? Those so called scrubs who can't start over your team totally embarassed your so called "elite" players at home in a game that mattered.

BroncoBuff
04-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Three former faiders. Well, at least one of them knows a little football.

Are Cooper Carlisle and Cornell Green still there?

One of the chefs or raiders might pass us, but no way both.

Actually, the D-line upgrades are freaking enormous ... huger than huge. Our defense will be very good.