PDA

View Full Version : Tebow "Trucking" in Madden '11

Smilin Assassin
04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Tebow recently traveled to Orlando for the photo shoot, suiting up in his Gators uniform one last time. He also sought out Madden ratings chief Donny Moore, who will be doing justice to one of Tebow’s biggest strengths in the NFL version of the game.

“Tebow will be the best trucking quarterback in ‘Madden’ this year,” Moore told ESPN.com. “He’s not the most elusive, but in terms of breaking tackles and power, he will be able to put down his shoulder and run over a few defenders. A lot of this is fluid, but right now in ‘Madden 11,’ we have Tebow at 80 speed and 92 acceleration. Trucking, carrying the ball, like I said, he’s going to be better than any quarterback coming into the league.”

According to profootballtalk.com

(the photo shoot was for the cover of NCAA Football '11)

Inkana7
04-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I just may buy Madden this year.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 06:23 PM
If only we could get the same results ON the field as in Madden

Man-Goblin
04-27-2010, 06:32 PM
I am stoked to use him in Madden. He seriously has Bo Jackson/Michael Vick legendary video game potential.

I heard Jon Gruden say that he may revolutionize online play.

woodall
04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Big deal, he still sucks and McDaniels is still a moron.

broncosteven
04-27-2010, 06:36 PM
So this means Tebow will have a higher trucking rate than Orton?

Woooo hoo...oo.........ooo.....o

I wonder what his throwing power and accuracy will be

Smilin Assassin
04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
For what it's worth:
Original stats for rookies (could change in final product & w/fan feedback)

Demaryius Thomas (Broncos) 74
Tim Tebow (Broncos) 70
Zane Beadles (Broncos) 68
JD Walton (Broncos) 64
Eric Decker (Broncos) 66

Hulamau
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
So this means Tebow will have a higher trucking rate than Orton?

Woooo hoo...oo.........ooo.....o

I wonder what his throwing power and accuracy will be

Well with a 67% career completion percentage AND a fabulous passing TD/Int ratio can you give me a 'real' reason, outside of bias from his unconventional style, why his passing numbers in Madden shouldn't be high?

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Just preordered it

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I am stoked to use him in Madden. He seriously has Bo Jackson/Michael Vick legendary video game potential.

I heard Jon Gruden say that he may revolutionize online play.

Rofl yeah. I could see him be one of those UBER-rigged guys like Reggie Bush a few years ago, and Vick etc.

That was one of the first things I said to my friends when we drafted him: "I'M GOING TO BEAT YOUR ASS WITH HIM IN MADDEN!" rofl, since we play alot of madden together.

Smilin Assassin
04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
and, finally....

DomCasual
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Big deal, he still sucks and McDaniels is still a moron.

100-post rule.

Only in your case, you shouldn't be allowed to post until you have 100 posts.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
100-post rule.

Only in your case, you shouldn't be allowed to post until you have 100 posts.

bahahahaha rep

Bronco Boy
04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
What does acceleration rating in Madden do exactly?

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 07:50 PM
What does acceleration rating in Madden do exactly?

How fast until they hit full speed.

In 3 yards, how long it takes them to be running at 80/90/95 speed.

So a good acceleration is HUGE for RB's and QB's when they scramble, RB's for getting away from defenders behind the line, etc.

gyldenlove
04-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Tebow will be the new Jeremy Roenick, if anyone played the EA NHL games of the early 90s they know what that means.

azbroncfan
04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
So the switch to FB will make Tebow one of the best in Madden.

Baba Booey
04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
For what it's worth:

Tim Tebow (Broncos) 70
JD Walton (Broncos) 64
Eric Decker (Broncos) 66

I hope those are all a little higher in the finished product.

24champ
04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
and, finally....

That's a cool pic...but hopefully Tebow isn't sporting that Revolution helmet.

Man-Goblin
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Tebow will be the new Jeremy Roenick, if anyone played the EA NHL games of the early 90s they know what that means.

It's not me as much as it is Roenick. He's good.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I hope those are all a little higher in the finished product.

Rookies rarely get to 80+ before release. After preseason, and game one, that can change quickly though.

Cleo McDowell
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Look at his helmet in that pic. He's a bust.

Chris
04-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Can't wait for NFL 2k to come back in 2012

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM

As a die hard 2k fan from years back, Madden has taken some solid steps, especially last year.

Natedog24
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
As a die hard 2k fan from years back, Madden has taken some solid steps, especially last year.

Agreed, finally feels like they made some real progress with last years game.

As for Tebow, mobile QBs have always been pretty awesome in video games. Can't wait to unleash Tebow on my friend who is a big Charger fan.

spdirty
04-27-2010, 09:50 PM
and, finally....

What a bunch of crap EA. Once again they lie with their "Its in the game" slogan.

Where the **** are the bible verses on his makeup?

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Those stats for Tebow are going to be overpowered as hell for Madden. You're going to be able to run out of the pocket and get 5 yards easy or huck it for a 1st. It's like Vick in the old days. It will be even better if Tebow gets high accuracy ratings.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Those stats for Tebow are going to be overpowered as hell for Madden. You're going to be able to run out of the pocket and get 5 yards easy or huck it for a 1st. It's like Vick in the old days. It will be even better if Tebow gets high accuracy ratings.

I doubt Tebow gets anything more than average throwing ratings. Usually Madden mimics what ESPN says for all of its initial ratings (sadly)

However, his throw on the run will probably be damn good, so you will be able to use RO's awesomely.

KillerBronco#76
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Look at his helmet in that pic. He's a bust.

hahaha nice throwback to the tatum bell quote, i forget who said that though...

Drek
04-28-2010, 03:28 AM
For what it's worth:

Tim Tebow (Broncos) 70
JD Walton (Broncos) 64
Eric Decker (Broncos) 66

I'm pretty sure that is a fan site, the place those numbers came from doesn't match up with the 80 speed/92 acceleration the guy from EA mentioned here.

The fan site is hoping to get enough attention for EA to consider it, but I doubt that'll happen. EA is pretty anti-fan input on things like that typically.

I doubt he'll have a good accuracy rating, but he'll likely have a pretty strong arm. Probably something around a 90 I'd guess.

yerner
04-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Is that really happening?

Doggcow
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that is a fan site, the place those numbers came from doesn't match up with the 80 speed/92 acceleration the guy from EA mentioned here.

The fan site is hoping to get enough attention for EA to consider it, but I doubt that'll happen. EA is pretty anti-fan input on things like that typically.

I doubt he'll have a good accuracy rating, but he'll likely have a pretty strong arm. Probably something around a 90 I'd guess.

80 speed 92 acc with bad passing definitely translates to a 70. Those numbers mentioned seem about right compared to where everyone started last year.

randomtask
04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
some of Tebow's original stats:
Throw power: 88
short throw accuracy: 69
medium throw accuracy: 71
deep throw accuracy: 79
throw on the run: 78
play action: 53

Doggcow
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
some of Tebow's original stats:
Throw power: 88
short throw accuracy: 69
medium throw accuracy: 71
deep throw accuracy: 79
throw on the run: 78
play action: 53

Not terrible, too bad his short is his worst.. That's weird though. Oh well, gonna have to open up my playbook downfield!

Throw on the Run should be an 83-85 IMO, but that throw power is solid enough to do some work.

I bet I will be using him in a few roll out plays at least, and the Wild Tebows

randomtask
04-28-2010, 01:00 PM

They came from here, also show some of the core stats for each of the players.

Interestingly enough, Demaryius Thomas' speed is a 96, so we should have a nice downfield target this year.
http://maddennfl.easports.com/draft.action

Drek
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
They came from here, also show some of the core stats for each of the players.

Interestingly enough, Demaryius Thomas' speed is a 96, so we should have a nice downfield target this year.
http://maddennfl.easports.com/draft.action

Interesting, I saw that linked to from a fan page and figured it was a fan effort, since the comment was "vote a lot and see if we can get EA to pay attention!"

If EA is putting it out it seems rather obvious that they'll be paying attention.

Doggcow
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Interesting, I saw that linked to from a fan page and figured it was a fan effort, since the comment was "vote a lot and see if we can get EA to pay attention!"

If EA is putting it out it seems rather obvious that they'll be paying attention.

In case they do....

I just went and gave all Broncos +5 (max you can add) to all stats and all Queefs, Chuggers, and Raiders -5s