PDA

View Full Version : OT: Freddy Krueger's Best Kills...

Archer81
04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Freddy Krueger's Best Kills
Celebrate Freddy's best blood baths, just in time for his new movie.
by IGN Movies

Today, we look at the crimes of one Frederick Charles Krueger, former resident of 1428 Elm Street, Springwood, Ohio, who is currently living… in your worst nightmares! Yes, we're reunion touring with Freddy's best MDKs, just in time for his new movie reboot arriving in theatres this weekend. Certainly this sweater-wearing maniac has wracked up some good ones over the years.

So check out our list below (in chronological order) of the greatest kills from Freddy Krueger's career. And don't forget to comment at the bottom of the page and let us know what your favorite A Nightmare on Elm Street kills are!

Freddy Vs. Johnny
Movie: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Victim: Johnny Depp
Death by: Hole-sucking?

Killacious: We'd like to think that Johnny Depp (as Edward Scissorhands, perhaps?) could take Freddy in a rematch, but he was simply no match for the nightmarish villain in this early role in A Nightmare on Elm Street. Depp plays Glen Lantz, a high school student dating dream-tortured hottie Nancy (Heather Langenkamp).

Glen initially appears to be immune to the Freddy phenomenon, convinced that the dream experiences are just that, but one night he falls asleep watching TV in bed and Freddy gets the best of him. We're not exactly sure how he's killed, but Glen is abruptly awakened and sucked into a hole that opens in his mattress… along with his TV and stereo. Suddenly, a massive geyser of blood gushes out of the hole and fills the room. Fortunately, Depp would go on to bigger and better things...

It's Howdy Doody Time
Movie: A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Victim: Phillip, the soon-to-be marionette
Death by: Puppeteering

Killacious: Dream Warriors takes place six years after the events of the first film. Freddy Krueger has returned to kill the last of kids descended from the gang of vigilantes that took his life years ago. One of the unlucky few, the first to get it in the film, is Phillip, a poor bastard who gets taken out in the most excruciating of ways.

Freddy rips the tendons from Phillip's arms and feet, allowing Freddy to control him like a marionette. As you can imagine, all of this is really freakin' gross. He walks Phillip up to the top of a tower, then cuts the tendons and Phillip falls to his death. You'll never be able to watch Thunderbirds again without thinking of this sequence...

The rest found here:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/922/922691p2.html

:Broncos:

GreatBronco16
04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I still can't believe that Kelly Leak is playing Freddy this time around.

FADERPROOF
04-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Jackie Earle Haley played a badass role in the Watchmen though, he should do well in this.

OCBronco
04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll check out the remake at some point. But why mess up the iconic makeup? The new Freddy doesn't look all that intimidating. I mean, Freddy is *supposed* to be a demonic presence. That's the point.

And while we're on the topic, that's probably my biggest complaint about the Platinum Dunes remakes: rampant naturalism. We can't explain the frightening element in a story by appealing to the supernatural. Instead, we need some kind of deep, psychological explanation. Jason Voorhees was really just a kid with a bad childhood, who now needs to get revenge on everyone. Pleeeease.

jebures
04-27-2010, 08:17 PM
I cannot wait for this movie I am a huge fan of the originals and have seen 6 clips from the new one and they look fantastic

BlaK-Argentina
04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Man Freddy used to freak me out so bad when I was a kid. MFer would come into your sleep to kill you? No way to avoid it! ;D

Archer81
04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Man Freddy used to freak me out so bad when I was a kid. MFer would come into your sleep to kill you? No way to avoid it! ;D

At 28, I still have nightmares involving freddy krueger.

Nothing else would freak me out...just Krueger.

:Broncos: