PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather-Mosley

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-27-2010, 02:37 PM
This is as good of a fight there has been since 2000. Who wins? Floyd "Money" Mayweather or "Sugar" Shane Mosley?

http://images.smh.com.au/2010/03/05/1197846/420-mosley-mayweather-420x0.jpg

bap454
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
While i think this will be Mayweathers toughest fight since the Zab Judah fight, he will outpoint Sugar for a decision. I believe that Mayweather/Sugar Shane will be a better fight than Mayweather/Pac.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I hope Mosley wins, but I'm picking Mayweather on points. Mosley has been inactive for a year and four months and he's 38...not a good combo.

Kaylore
04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
L'Chaim!!!

GoBroncos84
04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I still want to see Mayweather Vs Pacman. But I don't really care about boxing anymore, I have moved over to MMA. Much better sport.

I would say Mayweather by decision

521 1N5
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Money May all day. KO

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Where's Max Baer when ya need him?

gunns
04-27-2010, 05:09 PM
As much as my heart would like to say Moseley, my head won't let me. Can't stand Mayweather.

RonDaChamp24
04-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Mayweather is and has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. Hope he knocks Shane out but I think he'll win by decision. Would love to see him wipe the floor with Pacqiao next.

OABB
04-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm still not sure this is happening. Mayweather will still try to duck out in some way. If he doesn't puss out like he did against pacman, than I think he can win this fight, although mosley is probably the best opponent mayweather has ever fought. should be a good one.

gunns
05-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Unanimous decision for Mayweather. Moseley knocked him around some early, but Mayweather came back and dominated. Let's get the Pacqiao fight going now if Mayweather isn't still too scared. I'd love to see someone beat the **** out of him.

spdirty
05-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I really hope pac man kicks his ass.

Doggcow
05-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Unanimous decision for Mayweather. Moseley knocked him around some early, but Mayweather came back and dominated. Let's get the Pacqiao fight going now if Mayweather isn't still too scared. I'd love to see someone beat the **** out of him.

Wasn't Pac the one afraid to take the roids test?

No reason not to, unless you got something to hide.

SouthStndJunkie
05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I thought Sugar Shane had a chance after he landed some nice punches in the 2nd round, but then Mayweather took over and basically won every round after that.

I'm glad I didn't drop $70 on this fight.

OABB
05-01-2010, 11:20 PM

Unless you are Filipino and superstitious.

RonDaChamp24
05-01-2010, 11:34 PM

I agree. No reason for Pacquia. Not to submit to Olympic style drug testing. Shane Mosley had no problem doing it. Wouldn't be surprised if Manny was using some sort of performance enhancer. Doesn't matter though. Floyd would still work him and will if this fight ever goes down.

OABB
05-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Mayweather is a pussy. Anyone that thinks manny was wrong is a moron. You don't changethe rules three months before a fight on a dare. Anyone that knows boxing knows how much the fight can be won even before the first punch is thrown. Mayweather was trying to get in mannys head because he knows manny is superstitious and believes a warriors strength can be lessoned by losing blood. Half these guys drink there own piss for Christ sakes.

And here is the kicker, Mayweather is BIGGER. He has the advantage. Who cares I he smaller guy even is roiding anyways? You are still the bigger fighter. Mayweather is a pussy and always has been. Manny broke no rule and didn't back down to the mind game. Manny wins the first round. The only loss is that morons think he was wrong.

gunns
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Mayweather is a p***Y. Anyone that thinks manny was wrong is a moron. You don't changethe rules three months before a fight on a dare. Anyone that knows boxing knows how much the fight can be won even before the first punch is thrown. Mayweather was trying to get in mannys head because he knows manny is superstitious and believes a warriors strength can be lessoned by losing blood. Half these guys drink there own piss for Christ sakes.

And here is the kicker, Mayweather is BIGGER. He has the advantage. Who cares I he smaller guy even is roiding anyways? You are still the bigger fighter. Mayweather is a p***Y and always has been. Manny broke no rule and didn't back down to the mind game. Manny wins the first round. The only loss is that morons think he was wrong.

This nails it. :thumbsup:

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Manny has a pretty shakey excuse for not taking the drug test. I'm not saying he's on something, but if he's not, then just take the test.

As for the fight, Mosley caught Mayweather in the 2nd round and it looked like a knockout was coming. The second big blow had Mayweather's knees buckling.

When round 3 started I thought Mosley was going to keep the heat up and maybe go for the knock out, but it seemed like he took the round off and then Mayweather became the aggressor and pretty much dominated every round after that. It was a one sided fight.

OABB
05-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Also it is important to note that steroids do not make someone a better boxer. Barrera would kill bob sapp in a boxing match. Manny was always a strong puncher even when he was in the 120s. Great puncher are born not made. My point is, I dont think he is roiding, but even if he is it won't matter in boxing anyway. If mayweather was halthe man that manny is it wouldn't matter. Manny has always fought bigger and stronger guys and beat them. Mayweather has handpicked and ducked. And he is scared of th SMALLER fighter. What a p***Y.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Saying steroids doesn't help a boxer become better is like saying that steroids doesn't help a baseball hitter hit more home runs. If I take steroids I'm not going to be good at boxing or hitting a baseball. But if Barry Bonds takes it, of course he's gong to be a better hitter, because he already has the skills to his a baseball. If Manny is taking any PEDs, key word is "if", because I'm not saying that he is, of course it will help him be a better knockout puncher. He already has the skills to connect with the punches, and now the punches will be stronger. Usually boxers who move up weight classes lose some punching power. Manny has moved up a number of weight classes but hasn't lost any punching power. That leads to questions. Manny should just take the blood test, and if he goes on to knockout Mayweather then there are no questions about it. It's pretty simply.

BroncoInferno
05-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Manny has a pretty shakey excuse for not taking the drug test. I'm not saying he's on something, but if he's not, then just take the test.

Wrong. The reason not to do it is because Mayweather thinks he runs the sport. The boxing commission has their own rules and testing standards and Pac has never failed a test. Mayweather can't just come in and think he dictates the terms of the sport. Pac shouldn't bow to him on principal. Mayweather knew Manny wouldn't bow to him; that was Floyd's excuse not to take the fight.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Wrong. The reason not to do it is because Mayweather thinks he runs the sport. The boxing commission has their own rules and testing standards and Pac has never failed a test. Mayweather can't just come in and think he dictates the terms of the sport. Pac shouldn't bow to him on principal. Mayweather knew Manny wouldn't bow to him; that was Floyd's excuse not to take the fight.

That's a shaky excuse right there. There's flaws in the drug testing. Athletes can take HGH and I'm sure other illegal substances without failing a test. Somebody is taking a stance against it, and somebody is running from the test. If he's clean, then why's he running? By running it just raises more questions about him.

BroncoInferno
05-02-2010, 10:33 AM
That's a shaky excuse right there. There's flaws in the drug testing. Athletes can take HGH and I'm sure other illegal substances without failing a test. Somebody is taking a stance against it, and somebody is running from the test. If he's clean, then why's he running? By running it just raises more questions about him.

BS. HGH shows up in the tests used by the Vegas commission. If you think Mayweather is doing this to "take a stance," then you are pretty gullible. He knew Pac wouldn't agree to it. That's why he did it.

SJ Bronco
05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't care why Floyd wants the test...I want them both to take it. I don't care if you think giving blood is bad luck or if you think giving urine is bad luck. I just don't care. Take the test. If boxing isn't already forcing blood tests than they are as big a joke as MMA.

OABB
05-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't care why Floyd wants the test...I want them both to take it. I don't care if you think giving blood is bad luck or if you think giving urine is bad luck. I just don't care. Take the test. If boxing isn't already forcing blood tests than they are as big a joke as MMA.

It's a version of his faith. That would be like telling tebow not to pray before A game. It would throw him off no matter how silly his faith seems. Manny broke no rules.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM
BS. HGH shows up in the tests used by the Vegas commission. If you think Mayweather is doing this to "take a stance," then you are pretty gullible. He knew Pac wouldn't agree to it. That's why he did it.

Every report that I've heard or read says that HGH cannot be detected by a urine test, only in a blood test. Maybe you've seen a different report. But if everything that I've heard is true, then HGH won't show up in the tests that that the LV commission conducts.

So the question is still, why won't Manny agree to it? Every reason I've heard is really shaky. I could see Manny's point if it was proven that giving the amount of blood needed for the test two days before the fight would negatively affect performance. But I've never heard or read anything about that outside of Manny's camp. Funny that it only comes from the guy who doesn't want to take the test.

So what does Manny have to hide?

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:17 PM
It's a version of his faith. That would be like telling tebow not to pray before A game. It would throw him off no matter how silly his faith seems. Manny broke no rules.

Another shaky excuse. I wonder if that's really a part of his faith or if he just made that one up. When I don't want to do something I'm just going to say it's a part of my faith and get pissed off if somebody has the nerve to question me about it.

Xenos
05-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Every report that I've heard or read says that HGH cannot be detected by a urine test, only in a blood test. Maybe you've seen a different report. But if everything that I've heard is true, then HGH won't show up in the tests that that the LV commission conducts.

So the question is still, why won't Manny agree to it? Every reason I've heard is really shaky. I could see Manny's point if it was proven that giving the amount of blood needed for the test two days before the fight would negatively affect performance. But I've never heard or read anything about that outside of Manny's camp. Funny that it only comes from the guy who doesn't want to take the test.

So what does Manny have to hide?
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Manny agree to do a blood test right after the fight? Wouldn't that be as good as taking it two days before? Or is there something that will dilute the tests if you do it afterwards?

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Manny agree to do a blood test right after the fight? Wouldn't that be as good as taking it two days before? Or is there something that will dilute the tests if you do it afterwards?

One way of thinking about it is that taking the test right after the fight should be the same as taking it a couple days before. But another way of thinking about it is why even get into the ring with a guy taking illegal PEDs? If Manny knocks Mayweather out and then fails the test, he still knocked his ass out and it's still embarrassing.

I think of it like the '88 Olympics when Ben Johnson smoked Carl Lewis. Johnson failed the test after the race. Sure, Lewis was given the win and the gold, but talk about a hallow victory. He still got his ass smoked in front of the entire world. Johnson should have never been in that race and Lewis would have gotten the glory that he deserved for winning at the Olympics.

Seeing that boxing, unlike track, is a sport where the athlete is taking a lot of blows to the head, it wouldn't be smart at all to get in the ring against a guy that is cheating.

FADERPROOF
05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
One way of thinking about it is that taking the test right after the fight should be the same as taking it a couple days before. But another way of thinking about it is why even get into the ring with a guy taking illegal PEDs? If Manny knocks Mayweather out and then fails the test, he still knocked his ass out and it's still embarrassing.

I think of it like the '88 Olympics when Ben Johnson smoked Carl Lewis. Johnson failed the test after the race. Sure, Lewis was given the win and the gold, but talk about a hallow victory. He still got his ass smoked in front of the entire world. Johnson should have never been in that race and Lewis would have gotten the glory that he deserved for winning at the Olympics.

Seeing that boxing, unlike track, is a sport where the athlete is taking a lot of blows to the head, it wouldn't be smart at all to get in the ring against a guy that is cheating.

Manny is willing to do a blood test up until the final 2 weeks before the fight, not only is he superstitious about drawing blood, but it will effect his training since drawing blood weakens the person, and Pac man is the smaller of the 2 fighters and will suffer more from a blood test.

The last thing someone wants going into a major bout is having training thrown off within the closing 2 weeks and certainly not the day before, Manny would be losing precious time.

Elway 4 Life
05-02-2010, 01:36 PM

Please explain!

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Manny is willing to do a blood test up until the final 2 weeks before the fight, not only is he superstitious about drawing blood, but it will effect his training since drawing blood weakens the person, and Pac man is the smaller of the 2 fighters and will suffer more from a blood test.

The last thing someone wants going into a major bout is having training thrown off within the closing 2 weeks and certainly not the day before, Manny would be losing precious time.

I understand the point about drawing blood weakens the body. But it's not like they are taking an amount like when somebody donates blood. It seems like the testers are not taking enough blood to weaken the body. Mayweather and Mosley did it and they both lasted 12 rounds. Mayweather looked like he was going very strong in the final round. Mosley didn't look so strong, but that wasn't because he gave blood, that's because he was getting his ass beat. ;D

BroncoInferno
05-02-2010, 02:04 PM
The thing to keep in mind, Jason, is that it isn't like Manny flat out refused to do it. As has been said, he was willing to have his blood drawn up to two weeks before the fight and then right after. But Floyd was unwilling to compromise. You can't just let a guy like Mayweather call all the shots like he's bigger than the sport. Manny's attempt at a compromise was more than good enough, if he had been doping it would have been caught. Floyd wouldn't compromise because he didn't want the fight, and now he can try and blame Manny for it. I ain't buyin' it.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Manny agreed to scheduled blood testing, where Mayweather wanted Olympic testing, which is random. I'd think that it's easier to beat the test if you know it's coming. And the final test would be 30 days before the fight. I'm pretty sure that the PEDs can go into affect during that time period.

If Manny is clean then what's the big deal? I haven't heard a good argument to support him yet.

azbroncfan
05-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Floyd wants extra testing than the normal. He is just cherry picking and dodging fights.

OABB
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Manny agreed to scheduled blood testing, where Mayweather wanted Olympic testing, which is random. I'd think that it's easier to beat the test if you know it's coming. And the final test would be 30 days before the fight. I'm pretty sure that the PEDs can go into affect during that time period.

If Manny is clean then what's the big deal? I haven't heard a good argument to support him yet.

Boxing is an incredible sport. It requires that you be on top of your game physically, emotionally and mentally. The difference between winning and losing is very small and that is why boxers try to gt into eachothers heads before a fight. Something you find insignificant can cost a man his edge. Look at hagler Leonard or Leonard duran or thousands if other fights to see this in action. Contract negotiations are part of the match. It's true.

Part of the reason this fight took so long the first time is mayweather wanted the bigger purse even though manny was the draw. Once that cold reality sat into his brain, he tried something else. He wants to pit manny on the defensive. It's just the way the sport works. It's kind of cool really.

Manny doesn't need this fight or the headache and will not put up with psychological warfare. This is going to make mayweather have to man up and when that happens the edge will go to manny. Because floyd is a bitch.

BroncoInferno
05-02-2010, 02:21 PM

No, towards the end Manny had agreed to do it up to two weeks before the fight, then again right after. And they could have all the piss they wanted and at any time. I haven't heard an argument from you as to why this shouldn't have been good enough for Floyd? He knew Manny wasn't going to let him call the shots, so he cooked up this testing BS so he could blame Manny for the fight falling apart. Most people didn't fall for it.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 02:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-testing122309

A few points in that article, Arum said that urine tests can find everything and Manny believes that giving blood will weaken him.

The CEO of the USADA, who is considered an expert, said that a number of drugs, including HGH, cannot be tested by the urine, only through blood tests and that it would be a minimal amount of blood taken, so it would not weaken the fighter.

So who are we going to believe, a promoter (yeah, those guys are honest) and a boxer who may be hiding something, or an expert on drug testing?

Arum proposed three scheduled times for blood tests, the final test before the fight would be 30 days away, which gives a fighter more than enough time to dope up, and seeing that the test would be schedule, it would be easier to beat.

The article also states that Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Michael Phelps all submitted to random blood testing, and they all won gold medals. Arum claims that none of them gave blood, even though it is required by the IOC. Again, why would anybody trust Arum. Tell him water is wet and if it's in his best interest he'll refute that.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 02:37 PM
No, towards the end Manny had agreed to do it up to two weeks before the fight, then again right after. And they could have all the piss they wanted and at any time. I haven't heard an argument from you as to why this shouldn't have been good enough for Floyd? He knew Manny wasn't going to let him call the shots, so he cooked up this testing BS so he could blame Manny for the fight falling apart. Most people didn't fall for it.

You want a good argument on why he should? Because it removes all doubt. I'd say that's a pretty good argument right there. But who wants to do that? I guess it's like college football, people rather have endless arguments instead of getting it right.

BroncoInferno
05-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty certain Manny agreed to the 15 day window right at the end of the negotiations. Besides, if he was doping it would show up in the blood test after the fight. As far saying that they are wrong that drawing blood will weaken him, you are right. But that's what he believes. The bottom line is, he shouldn't have to dance for Mayweather. What he agreed to was good enough. Coupled with the boxing commission test, if Pac were doping, it would have been exposed.

Your argument is: well, why not take the test if he has nothing to hide? How would you like it if a co-worker started demanding you do something you aren't required to do? It's the principle of the thing. You can't let someone like Floyd bully and call the shots. Pac tried to compromise, Floyd wasn't willing, so it's Floyd's fault the fight was killed. He didn't want the fight, period.

BroncoInferno
05-02-2010, 02:48 PM
You want a good argument on why he should? Because it removes all doubt. I'd say that's a pretty good argument right there. But who wants to do that? I guess it's like college football, people rather have endless arguments instead of getting it right.

Taking the blood test right after the fight in addition to the usual boxing commission tests would have removed all doubt...at least to any reasonable person. Floyd isn't reasonable, though.

And, again, it's the principle of the matter. Why should Pac bend over for Floyd? Would you like one of your peers making demands of you like that?

OABB
05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
I think Jason may be a drug addict. I think he should check into a rehab facility and get his hair, DNA and spinal fluid checked to make sure. Come on Jason. Be a big man and go do it. What have you got to hide?

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Manny agreeing to 15 days before the fight does not change the argument at all. It's still enough time for him to dope up.

Yes, he agreed to test after the fight, but the point is that it is still a scheduled test. Random is more effective than scheduled. Testing before the fact is better than after the fact.

Saying that it's in his mind is a very shaky argument. That's a weak cover up (if he is taking PEDs).

What he agreed to isn't good enough. It leaves a lot of wiggle room to cheat.

As far as your final point, I never compare normal life with what professional athletes do. Their work place is not comparable to ours. I get a kick out of people saying "if I did that at my job I'd be fired." They play by a different set of rules.

And if it's about principle, Manny's principles leaves room to cheat. Mayweather's principles limits, and near erases the ability to cheat. In a day and age where cheating is a huge problem, people rather side with a guy who is leaving room for cheating?!?! Really? I wonder if it's because people like Manny and hate Mayweather? If the roles were reversed people would be pointing the finger at Mayweather and calling him the bad guy while Manny represents what's good.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Jason may be a drug addict. I think he should check into a rehab facility and get his hair, DNA and spinal fluid checked to make sure. Come on Jason. Be a big man and go do it. What have you got to hide?

Should everybody who does not agree with you get drug tested? ;D

OABB
05-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Should everybody who does not agree with you get drug tested? ;D

No. Just iq tested.

TDmvp
05-02-2010, 03:05 PM
If I was Mayweather I would use any excuse as well to not fight Manny...

Maybe Manny is a Robot , or maybe he is a god reincarnated , or maybe he is some kinda boxing alien .

But regardless Mayweather will use anything not to fight Manny ...

Because Mayweather is a ducking bish ...

OABB
05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Even if manny was roiding mayweather should just man up and fight. A true champ would fight a cheater and say nothing.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Even if manny was roiding mayweather should just man up and fight. A true champ would fight a cheater and say nothing.

Well now I'm calling for you to be tested. lol

OABB
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Well now I'm calling for you to be tested. lol

I think my bitch tits are all the testing that is required.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Well fellas I'm headed to the Lakers press conference. Maybe I'll ask Kobe what he thinks about the blood testing. ;D

OABB
05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Well fellas I'm headed to the Lakers press conference. Maybe I'll ask Kobe what he thinks about the blood testing. ;D

Have fun. Go lakers! And go manny!