PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs in running for Jake Locker

robbieopperude
04-27-2010, 09:58 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

If I was the Chiefs I would try to lose this year!

Ramathorn
04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
This is the main reason i am so frustrated with the whole tebow thing. We are not gonna be very good next year and I was hoping with mcdaniels trading back so much, he would keep the picks we acquired or go after some next year and we could move up if we had to for locker. Good thing is we have 2 2nds next year so we could package those to go get him.

Beantown Bronco
04-27-2010, 10:08 AM
This is the main reason i am so frustrated with the whole tebow thing. We are not gonna be very good next year and I was hoping with mcdaniels trading back so much, he would keep the picks we acquired or go after some next year and we could move up if we had to for locker. Good thing is we have 2 2nds next year so we could package those to go get him.

Hey guys, I'm rooting for the Broncos as a team and Tebow, individually, to fail this year. Look at me!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2010, 10:09 AM

God, i cannot believe we are starting this fantastically stupid conversation again. Last year it was: OMGEEEZZZZZ HOW COULD WE TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK WHEN MT. CODY IS GONNA BE THEREZ! WEZ SO STUPID CUZ WE ONLY GOONNA WINA TWO GAMEZZZZ. Then we went 8-8 and cody dropped to the second round.

I have no clue why people think we cant be good this year or even put up a similar record to last year. Regardless, i sincerely doubt we'll be in the running for Locker and, even if we were, he might be complete **** anyway.

Chris
04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
OMG doods we r gonna be turribll next yar lez throw da season!

TheChamp24
04-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Locker isn't that good, and besides Mallett is the guy you want to look at.

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Oh nooooooes nooooooes we gona beez top 10 draftin!

Mr.Meanie
04-27-2010, 10:27 AM
At least we won't be hearing crap this year about trading a top 5 draft pick (or #1 overall draft pick) for a short, slow corner.

Eldorado
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
God, i cannot believe we are starting this fantastically stupid conversation again. Last year it was: OMGEEEZZZZZ HOW COULD WE TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK WHEN MT. CODY IS GONNA BE THEREZ! WEZ SO STUPID CUZ WE ONLY GOONNA WINA TWO GAMEZZZZ. Then we went 8-8 and cody dropped to the second round.

I have no clue why people think we cant be good this year or even put up a similar record to last year. Regardless, i sincerely doubt we'll be in the running for Locker and, even if we were, he might be complete **** anyway.

We're going to be good this year. Mark it down.

Rohirrim
04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I rarely go to that site. That guy is so biased against the Broncos the site is virtually worthless for a Broncos fan. I guarantee you, we won't be picking 8th next year. Probably in the 20s. I would think the main targets will be Chris Galippo, Quan Sturdivant and Mike Mohammed.

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 10:58 AM

Haha... this happens every year. Andre Woodson was awesome once upon a time. Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn were once guarranteed to be #1 overall as best talent in the draft.

Remember when... maybe the Niners and Houston? (I know it was two of the last teams) were playing and some were calling it the Reggie Bush Bowl because the loser would get the chance to draft him as the #1 overall?

You could go all day long about fans getting wrapped up and bent out of shape over something that looked hillariously stupid afterwards.

PRBronco
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Haha... this happens every year. Andre Woodson was awesome once upon a time. Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn were once guarranteed to be #1 overall as best talent in the draft.

Remember when... maybe the Niners and Houston? (I know it was two of the last teams) were playing and some were calling it the Reggie Bush Bowl because the loser would get the chance to draft him as the #1 overall?

You could go all day long about fans getting wrapped up and bent out of shape over something that looked hillariously stupid afterwards.

Lol, the best post draft, pre next year's draft hype was a few years ago, when all the talk was about Antaaj Hawthorne, Rodrique Wright and Darnell Bing. I don't know if a single one of them got drafted.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I doesn't matter Andrew Luck will be the better pro QB out of next years group.

robbieopperude
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I am putting the Broncos down at 8-8 or 9-7 this year. I think the loss of Marshall is going to hurt us but I think the gain of Tebow in the redzone packages is going to help us. If all goes well 10-6. If the defense wears down or doesn't live up to potential on the line we could be 6-10. It is going to be an exciting year that is for sure. I see us picking somewhere between 12 and 20 in the draft next year.

nickademus
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I have to believe we will be better this year especially on D. we upgraded the entire line on both sides and while loosing marshall will hurt the O I think that the upgrade in the line will off set this. so I will go with 9-7 at this point.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Locker is a ****ty, right handed tim tebow that went 0-12 ONE YEAR

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Locker is a legitimate prospect and his senior status will make him a safer pick. But, you have to endure a 1-15/2-14 type of season to have a shot at him and who the hell wants that? A 4-12 season will not be enough to land him.

Ramathorn
04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm rooting for the Broncos as a team and Tebow, individually, to fail this year. Look at me!

Aint it grand!

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Seriously though, everyone's problems with Tebow, are right there in locker x10. He is way less accurate, doesn't have the same motivation, not exceptionally "football smart" either.

Come on guys, see through the ESPN bull****. Locker is not a good QB. I've watched every single one of his games.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Seriously though, everyone's problems with Tebow, are right there in locker x10. He is way less accurate, doesn't have the same motivation, not exceptionally "football smart" either.

Come on guys, see through the ESPN bull****. Locker is not a good QB. I've watched every single one of his games.

All the points you bring up about Locker are valid, but please remind people here that you are a Washington State Cougars fan and it's in your blood to hate everything Huskies.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
All the points you bring up about Locker are valid, but please remind people here that you are a Washington State Cougars fan and it's in your blood to hate everything Huskies.

I am, but as critical as everyone is about Tebow, I deserve that right of Locker.

He seriously has absolutely horrid accuracy, he gets injured every year, and his arm strength is mediocre.

He's just a bad Tim Tebow, that throws righty.

I don't get why everyone is sucking this guy off.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM
That Saints-Colts rematch should be stellar.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2010, 12:14 PM

He improved so much this year with the help of Doug Nussmeier. He still needs work but Washington brought in the right people to help him get better and it showed last year. He knew he still needed work and that's why he stayed in school. His completion % has gone from 47, 53, to 58. Doug Nussmeier is a good QB coach and will have him playing even better this season. That said Luck is still the better QB in the draft.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
He improved so much this year with the help of Doug Nussmeier. He still needs work but Washington brought in the right people to help him get better and it showed last year. He knew he still needed work and that's why he stayed in school. His completion % has gone from 47, 53, to 58. Doug Nussmeier is a good QB coach and will have him playing even better this season. That said Luck is still the better QB in the draft.

Tebow started out studly.

Serious question: In your opinion, who has the higher ceiling, Tebow or Locker?

DBroncos4life
04-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Tebow started out studly.

Serious question: In your opinion, who has the higher ceiling, Tebow or Locker?

Tebow played at Florida, Locker plays at Washington. The talent around Tebow was 10 times what Locker is working with. Clearly because you are a Washington State fan you choose to have a narrow view about this so arguing with you is pointless.
Tebow is an amazing talented football player that ended up at one of the best college programs for his talents. I don't think Locker is better but he is at this point in time more pro ready then Tebow is in a traditional NFL system. That is why baring any set backs Locker will go in the top 10 in next years draft.

Natedog24
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM

I've seen Locker play a number of times as well and I still seriously question his decision making and accuracy...

Granted I usually pull for the Nike funded Husky hating school to the south, so dang I guess my opinion doesn't matter either.

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I've seen Locker play a number of times as well and I still seriously question his decision making and accuracy...

Granted I usually pull for the Nike funded Husky hating school to the south, so dang I guess my opinion doesn't matter either.

Lol yeah, go figure all the people that have seen Tebow play, only saw him because they're PAC-10 fans who actually watched games and didn't just see his 1 or 2 highlights a game.

Oh well.

P.S. THAT TECHNICAL WAS A LOAD OF ****

broncocalijohn
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Jake Locker will go with the Angels hopefully but I believe it is football first and baseball second like John Jackson of USC did with playing at Arizona Cardinals and playing minor leagues.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2009669878_uwfb16.html

Doggcow
04-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Jake Locker will go with the Angels hopefully but I believe it is football first and baseball second like John Jackson of USC did with playing at Arizona Cardinals and playing minor leagues.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2009669878_uwfb16.html

Didn't think that was even worth mentioning tbh. But it just solidifies the fact that he's not going to give his heart and SOUUULLL to a franchise like The Tebow

bombay
04-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Every team in the NFL is potentially in the run for Locker.

cmhargrove
04-27-2010, 01:27 PM

DON'T U FORGET TAYLOR MAYYYYYYYSSSS! He will be s sure fire, top 5 pick!

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 01:57 PM
DON'T U FORGET TAYLOR MAYYYYYYYSSSS! He will be s sure fire, top 5 pick!

Speaking of which, where did his fellow superstud S, Moore, end up? Once upon a time they were both "OMG!!!" players.

elsid13
04-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Come on that not true. Under Shark, Locker has vastly improved and shows sign of being a very good football prospect. If Locker had come out this years he would have been in the running for the 1st pick overall. He far from crappy QB that you are making out to be.

misturanderson
04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
If Locker had come out this years he would have been in the running for the 1st pick overall.

That is until he had to perform in front of scouts. There is a lot of bull**** thrown around about a player's value before the college season is over and a lot of it ends up being totally false. Bradford wasn't supposed to go in the top 10, Tebow wasn't supposed to go before the 4th round, Clausen was supposed to be a top 10 prospect, so on and so forth. Locker will not be a top 10 pick next year unless he shows that he can do a lot more as a QB than run fast. His completion percentage, yards and TD:Int ratio suck right now. BUT OH BOY HE HAS 4.3 SPEED (allegedly)!

He has shown some improvement over his college career, but there is nothing so far to indicate that he would be worth a top 10 pick. It is an almost universal truth that players that are considered highly as juniors and decide to stay for their senior year drop off considerably as they get overscouted (unless they pull off some insanely productive year, ala Suh).

elsid13
04-27-2010, 04:37 PM
That is until he had to perform in front of scouts. There is a lot of bull**** thrown around about a player's value before the college season is over and a lot of it ends up being totally false. Bradford wasn't supposed to go in the top 10, Tebow wasn't supposed to go before the 4th round, Clausen was supposed to be a top 10 prospect, so on and so forth. Locker will not be a top 10 pick next year unless he shows that he can do a lot more as a QB than run fast. His completion percentage, yards and TD:Int ratio suck right now. BUT OH BOY HE HAS 4.3 SPEED (allegedly)!

He has shown some improvement over his college career, but there is nothing so far to indicate that he would be worth a top 10 pick. It is an almost universal truth that players that are considered highly as juniors and decide to stay for their senior year drop off considerably as they get overscouted (unless they pull off some insanely productive year, ala Suh).

Right now he in the running to be the top player in the draft. I understand he struggle under previous coaching regime but you need to watch him the last year under Shark and you can see the change. There a big difference from what he was under Ty Willingham and what he plays like now.

He has all the things you look for a QB coming out. Understand the pro style system, good accuracy, strong arm, good mobility, good leader and ability to make something happen.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
The Chiefs are not drafting a quarterback high while Matt Cassel is under contract.

elsid13
04-27-2010, 04:52 PM
The Chiefs are not drafting a quarterback high while Matt Cassel is under contract.

And we are happy about that.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2010, 05:09 PM

How much are the chef's paying Cassel again? They really love that guy, after all, they drafted like one oline guy to help protect Cassel.

Rabb
04-27-2010, 05:13 PM
maybe it's just me but I would much rather worry about who will fall to us in the late 20's next year

I don't think QB is an issue for us anymore

robbieopperude
04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Alot of bashing on Locker. I am surprised. I consider him in the Cutler mode. A very very good player on a poor team. No one knows how he will do when he gets some talent around him. I don't see any comparisons to Tebow. I would say it is much wiser to compare him to Sanchez from USC or Cutler from Vanderbilt days. I will put this down right here that He goes Top 10. He won't have the negative criticism Clausen had about attitude and going back to school probably helped him more than any other junior who has decided to stay in school. There were whispers he was in the running to go number 1 overall over Bradford last year. I think this year only a complete fail of a college season will push him out of the Top 10. I would also suspect to see Luck and Mallet go early too.

Note: I will laugh my butt off if the Chiefs pass on QB next year in the draft.

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Alot of bashing on Locker. I am surprised. I consider him in the Cutler mode.

You're right. Nobody here has ever bashed Cutler.

sixtimeseight
04-28-2010, 11:02 AM

How ****ing stupid are you? Seriously?

Inkana7
04-28-2010, 11:10 AM
His sophomore year, someone billed Locker as "A Poor Man's Tim Tebow"

Most likely because he's a white running QB.

Doggcow
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
His sophomore year, someone billed Locker as "A Poor Man's Tim Tebow"

Most likely because he's a white running QB.

No, because every problem people criticize Tebow for, is present in Locker. Except Locker doesn't have the winning mentality, or heart, or work ethic that Tebow has.

robbieopperude
04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Or Throwing Motion. Which is by far the biggest knock on Tebow. I am a huge Tebow fan but I must say you can have all the drive in the world to succeed but if you can't have proper mechanics it usually ends up in failure. Not always...just usually.

KCStud
04-28-2010, 01:40 PM
How much are the chef's paying Cassel again? They really love that guy, after all, they drafted like one oline guy to help protect Cassel.

It's all frontloaded. And KC's biggest weakness on the OL was inside. We got an above average pass defender in Lilja and the 2nd best G in the draft.