PDA

View Full Version : A former bronco said that Brandstater is the best QB we have

Pages : [1] 2

BroncoSojia
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
....according to Josina

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

On the phone with a former Bronco now who just said, "Tim Tebow? You got to be kidding me. Thank you Jesus I'm not in Denver no more."

He's on t/ phone person endorsing QB Tom Brandstater: "He's that dude. I'm telling you he is the best (the Broncos) have on their roster..

(cont.) He was the potential to be like a Tom Brady. Mark my words on this day, (Brandstater) will emerge as the best. I ride with him."

PRBronco
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Hahaha, what a useless w***e.

Rabb
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
**** off Tony

Pony Boy
04-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Did Cutler say that?

OABB
04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
**** off Tony

actually I highly doubt any of these guys that she "knows" are actually broncos let alone football players.

PRBronco
04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I feel like "Tom Brandstater: I Ride With Him" could really be a catchy slogan. I might have a shirt made.

Shoemaker
04-26-2010, 04:17 PM
**** off Tony

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Though those postings were entirely too coherent and well-spelled to be Josina's handiwork.

Rabb
04-26-2010, 04:17 PM
actually I highly doubt any of these guys that she "knows" are actually broncos let alone football players.

probably right

seriously this is just her trying to stir up some drama...what an idiot

oubronco
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
He was pretty good in preseason last year, who knows

PRBronco
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
How long until she realizes that McD looks like a genius if Tom Brandstater really is the best QB on the roster?

chaz
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Tony doesn't talk like that

Taco John
04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Hahaha, what a useless whore.

For the record, this kind of misogyny is unacceptable here. It's one thing to disagree with her. But to slander her because you disagree with her is unacceptable. Quite frankly, if you want to call her a whore, take it somewhere else.

Mr.Meanie
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Thank you Jesus I'm not in Denver no more.

He's that dude.

(Brandstater) will emerge as the best. I ride with him.

I say Travis Henry

elsid13
04-26-2010, 04:32 PM
I say Travis Henry

It's Marshall. He was one of her sources on the team.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 04:33 PM
For the record, this kind of misogyny is unacceptable here. It's one thing to disagree with her. But to slander her because you disagree with her is unacceptable. Quite frankly, if you want to call her a whore, take it somewhere else.

:thumbs:

scorpio
(cont.) He was the potential to be like a Tom Brady. Mark my words on this day, (Brandstater) will emerge as the best. I ride with him."

I don't think someone who was on another team right now would say that. It was probably Alfred Williams or someone like that.

jhns
I would take the next Tom Brady.

snowspot66
04-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Well it has to be somebody here last year since we've only had Brandstater that long.

I think it's Scheffler.

BlaK-Argentina
04-26-2010, 04:38 PM
My money is on Marshall. Who cares anyway? If he is the best (yeah right) then good for us!

vanbrugh
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Why is this women still around and is there ever positive news ? That should tell us something....

521 1N5
04-26-2010, 04:40 PM

Yeah plus, some of the guys have found a use for her. :)

Rabb
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't think someone who was on another team right now would say that. It was probably Alfred Williams or someone like that.

Well, I think if that was true they wouldn't have a problem saying that Alfred said it...he is a radio guy and very opinionated. The only reason to keep the person's name out of it is because it is a current player in the NFL.

vanbrugh
Probs an ex but breaks up's are painfull......and bitter and maybe $30m cheaper!

Finger Roll
just some former broncos who is bitter because we traded or cut his ass. I doubt it's sheff he doesn't talk like that.

UberBroncoMan
Tony doesn't talk like that

Yeah...

"No more" was kind of a give away. That's southern talk.

Also, "I ride with him," is a black term... as much as I hate using skin pigmentation in an argument. It's just a reality.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
he definitely throws the best ball. But said Bronco has never played with Tebow or Quinn so....who gives a **** what he says?

cabronco
04-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Some like someone with an axe to grind.

Although B-Stater looked pretty good in preseason, for what thats worth besides better than Simms. The guy is 6 foot forever, and can still run and made some long out pattern throws. Perhaps he's weak in the dink n dunk. I liked the guy as a potential starter, now not so sure..

Baba Booey
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Marshall

Rabb
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
well, it's Josina here we are talking about and she isn't known for her coherent and well thought out tweets

I wouldn't be surprised if she put what they said into her own words on the tweet itself...just saying

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
In all honesty I see the Broncos going with Tebow and Brandstater are the QBOTF. With Tebow as the future starter, and the older Brandstater as the permanent backup. Then if Tebow goes out Brandstater shows whats up and likely gets traded for some serious picks.

McDaniels has learned that a stable of good QB's is not just a good idea for backup reasons but for building the team through trades for draft picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded away Quinn to a team in need of a young mobile QB... like a Buffalo. I see us with Orton for this coming year though.

atomicbloke
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
If we had to pick Tebow, why didnt we just keep Hillis and the 2 picks.

Hillis behind our revamped OL would be a monster in short yardage and goaline

Cool Breeze
04-26-2010, 04:54 PM
It would be nice if she followed these 'usedtobes' out of town.
Poor Josina - her sources have moved on...

Mr.Meanie
04-26-2010, 04:55 PM

Several obvious reasons. One is I don't believe we were working out Tebow at that time, so it would be before the FO valued him at a 1st round grade. Second is what if we couldn't get him? Jacksonville could very well have taken him, as could any number of teams ahead of #25. What if we couldn't trade with Baltimore for their pick and the Bills traded up to get him? Or Minnesota? There are so many variables, and if they went that way and missed out we are stuck with Chris Simms as #2.

Also, any number of RB's can be monsters behind a good OLine. Obviously they didn't see a future with him, so why not move him and fix a major depth problem at QB?

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 05:11 PM

I agree, but fighting the Hillis wars around here has drained all my precious bodily fluids :~ohyah!:

Gotta say, the Browns have my favorite FB corps in the league now ... Peyton Hillis plus starter and Colorado Buffalo alum Lawrence Vickers :insertCUsmiliehere:

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 05:13 PM
probably right

seriously this is just her trying to stir up some drama...what an idiot

As a reporter, she's kinda duty bound to report such a comment.

If a former Broncos told her that and she did NOT pass it on, that would tick me off.

And yeah, it's probably Brandon.

mopatt24
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
That's Marshall all the way. That just sounds like him

theAPAOps5
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Josina is useless thats about all I think when she makes these tweets. I think she hates McD because he is a white coach and felt the Broncos should have selected Raheem Morris or Frazier, again my opinion. She doesn't care what bridge she burns to slander Dove Valley and specifically McD

Taco John
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Josina is useless thats about all I think when she makes these tweets. I think she hates McD because he is a white coach and felt the Broncos should have selected Raheem Morris or Frazier, again my opinion. She doesn't care what bridge she burns to slander Dove Valley and specifically McD

She shouldn't care about what bridges she burns. She's a reporter. Her publisher is the one who should care about the bridges being burnt (if any are actually being burnt - she's never said anything even remotely as nasty as Woody or Kiszla or Krieger or any number of male journalists have)

BroncoBen
04-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Give me a break... I wish I could get paid to make stuff up. How easy it to come up with stuff and say it was an 'ex' player.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Lemme ask you junior Jimmy Olsons: What if a former Bronco had told her that and she had NOT passed it on?

What would you think then? I'd be pretty ticked she kept it to herself.

And THINK IT THROUGH .... Whomever told her that obviously has no way of rating Quinn or Tebow, so all the guy is really qualified to first-person opine is that Brandstater is better than Orton.

Popps
04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
3 quotes?

So, does that mean she had to #### him 3 times, or #### 3 different guys?

Shoemaker
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Lemme ask you junior Jimmy Olsons: What if a former Broncos had told her that and she had NOT passed it on?

And THINK IT THROUGH .... Whomever told her that obviously has no way of rating Quinn or Tebow, so all the guy is really qualified to first-person opine is that Brandstater is better than Orton.

Well, I can't speak for anybody else...but I don't care in the slightest.

Who cares what a former Bronco thinks of our quarterbacks? He's not on the team anymore, so his opinion of the players doesn't matter. Why tell us what he said?

Unless she's just trying to create drama for the sake of drama, I don't see the point.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
On the phone with a former Bronco now who just said, "Tim Tebow? You got to be kidding me. Thank you Jesus I'm not in Denver no more."

- Brandon Marshall

theAPAOps5
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
She shouldn't care about what bridges she burns. She's a reporter. Her publisher is the one who should care about the bridges being burnt (if any are actually being burnt - she's never said anything even remotely as nasty as Woody or Kiszla or Krieger or any number of male journalists have)

Except they write a column and try to support their asinine statements. She drops stupid little statements on twitter which shouldn't be considered journalism but rather should be treated as social media which is supposed to help point people to her work.

She makes statements and then you never see anything else. you don't see a story on Fox news or a blog on their website. To me thats unprofessional and irresponsible journalism.

Remember she rushed to tweet that the Broncos had released Quinn when in fact the agent had said released from jail. Its irresponsible.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
3 quotes?

Let me check my sources.

Yes

Taco John
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Give me a break... I wish I could get paid to make stuff up. How easy it to come up with stuff and say it was an 'ex' player.

For me, I believe that what she's saying is true for the fact that I personally think Tom Brandstater is probably the most athletic quarterback on our roster. It's not a stretch to believe that "a former player" (cough, Marshall, cough) was saying this. But the biggest weakness of her reporting is that she reports like a random poster on a message board forum would report, instead of citing actual sources. She is the mouthpiece for backbiting cowards. And as a result, she draws a lot of ire from the fanbase for it.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, I can't speak for anybody else...but I don't care in the slightest.

Who cares what a former Bronco thinks of our quarterbacks? He's not on the team anymore, so his opinion of the players doesn't matter. Why tell us what he said?

I agree with your general take, but I wanna hear the quote.

Pretty weak it's unattributed, yes, but I'd rather hear it than not.

Dedhed
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Regardless of who it is, all he's saying is that Brandstater is better than Orton. He doesn't know a thing about the other QBs on our roster.

theAPAOps5
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Lemme ask you junior Jimmy Olsons: What if a former Bronco had told her that and she had NOT passed it on?

She should do a story on it rather than BS tweets she does with little or no follow up. by all means I would respect her going on the 9 o'clock news but all I ever see is her tweets which just make her look illiterate.

Taco John
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
3 quotes?

This is the last warning I'm going to give on this. Slandering Josina like this is unacceptable. Nobody accuses Woody of sleeping with players (Thank God). It's low brow bull****, and it's no longer welcome on this forum. It's ok to disagree with her in the same way that you'd disagree with any male reporter, but nobody here has any proof that I've ever seen of the horrible accusations that they're making. You can disagree with her, but don't insinuate anything that you wouldn't want someone insinuating about your own without any proof.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
On the phone with a former Bronco now who just said, "There's too many plays in McDaniels' playbook. How are we supposed to remember all those plays?"

- Peyton Hillis

Taco John
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM

I'd be ok with it if the former player was such a coward that they wouldn't allow her to use his name. If someone has something like that to say, put a name to it. It's not like we're talking about inside sources on draft or free agency secrets here. We're talking about BS drama backbiting talk. If someone has something to say, put a name to it. Otherwise, it's not all that valuable. There's no context by which to judge it. Though I think that in this case, it's pretty clear that it's probably Marshall.

theAPAOps5
04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
On the phone with a former Bronco now who just said, "There's too many plays in McDaniels' playbook. How are we supposed to remember all those plays?"

- Peyton Hillis

Which is comical because Shanny was notorious for having to large a playbook. Remember Plummer complained about all the preparation and plays that were practiced but never used in the game.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 05:44 PM
I'd be ok with it if the former player was such a coward that they wouldn't allow her to use his name. If someone has something like that to say, put a name to it. It's not like we're talking about inside sources on draft or free agency secrets here. We're talking about BS drama backbiting talk. If someone has something to say, put a name to it. Otherwise, it's not all that valuable. There's no context by which to judge it. Though I think that in this case, it's pretty clear that it's probably Marshall.

I don't like the fact the Broncos expected me to break tackles.

- Quentin Griffin

listopencil
04-26-2010, 05:45 PM
What do you mean the season is 17 weeks long? That's a really long time.

- Tony Sheffler

WABronco
04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey, Brandstater might actually be worth a damn! Cool!

And sorry, no white guy (Scheffler) says "I ride with him."

Thank god you're not in Denver anymore either, nameless person.

This is actually an interesting question. WHO IS THE MYSTERY PERSON? He had to have been in Denver last year, obviously. Most likely on a new team by now. Probably not a white guy (so that rules out Scheff, Wiegmann, Hamilton). I'm going to go with ANDRA DAVIS!!!!

listopencil
04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
What? You expect me to run that fast when I'm not on drugs? **** you!

- Dale Carter

RunSilentRunDeep
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
This is the last warning I'm going to give on this. Slandering Josina like this is unacceptable. Nobody accuses Woody of sleeping with players (Thank God). It's low brow bull****, and it's no longer welcome on this forum. It's ok to disagree with her in the same way that you'd disagree with any male reporter, but nobody here has any proof that I've ever seen of the horrible accusations that they're making. You can disagree with her, but don't insinuate anything that you wouldn't want someone insinuating about your own without any proof.

I like you taking the high road. But I do believe a part of this comes from her willingness to switch between reporter, player confidant, and female groupie (ohh, Michael Pittman's biceps!!!).

bpc
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
It's in the Broncos best interest if Brandstater is the best. We should get the best QB on the field. If it's Brandstater, so be it. If not, maybe he develops to the point where we can trade him for a nice return.

Nothing wrong with have mult. quality options at QB.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Hah! Well I bet you miss me now, don't you? What? You still don't? ****.

- Greg Robinson

WABronco
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Andra Davis
Brandon Marshall
Chad Jackson
Kenny Peterson
etc...

IDK seems to me like Marshall is a little above Josina's paygrade.

bowtown
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
I like this game. Guess this one:

Pancakes piss me off.

bowtown
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
How about:

I'd rather be slapping balls with my brother.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
think the source is ms cleo if you want to know your future call her 1-900 line

bowtown
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Here we go:

My hand looks a like ham hock. How did anyone ever think I'd be able to catch a ball?

Popps
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
This is the last warning I'm going to give on this.

I never got my first warning.

Can this be my first, and can I make one more joke? I have a good one. I promise you'll like it.

Nobody accuses Woody of sleeping with players (Thank God). .

Well, Woody isn't actually retarded, but that hasn't stopped anyone here from speculating.

You can disagree with her, but don't insinuate anything .

To be fair, it's parody, Taco. No one here really thinks Tim Tebow can feed millions with a few loaves and fishes. It's parody.

But, I'll assume this means you've run into her in some capacity, and respect your wish for me to curb my hilarious, yet obviously satiric comments.

I'll also assume you'll adhere to the same guidelines in the future, say... when people attack our team's owner?

Popps
04-26-2010, 05:57 PM
- Tony Sheffler

Oh man, this reminds me.

We need to bring back the shortest book thread!!

ScottXray
04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
It's in the Broncos best interest if Brandstater is the best. We should get the best QB on the field. If it's Brandstater, so be it. If not, maybe he develops to the point where we can trade him for a nice return.

Nothing wrong with have mult. quality options at QB.

Yeah,, and maybe we can get a second round pick out of him if Seattle
decides to make another QB trade in 2 years, just before the draft. (OMG wouldn't that be the shizznitz!)

Taco John
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
I'll also assume you'll adhere to the same guidelines in the future, say... when people attack our team's owner?

Absolutely. I feel terrible about that. What can I say - I let my emotions get the best of me and lashed out with the stuff that people were feeding me about what they saw after games. I shouldn't have done it, and I'm truly sorry about it.

theAPAOps5
04-26-2010, 06:08 PM
So getting your goose on is frowned upon? It wasn't in the employee handbook

?

Archer81
04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Who gives a **** what Josina is saying? The player who might have said it is gone. And I hope he enjoys Miami.

:Broncos:

Circle Orange
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
another Brady?

You mean another corporate qb with accuracy, but mediocre with physical talent? ;D

Ratboy
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
It's Marshall. He was one of her sources on the team.

Bingo.

Bronco Boy
04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Maurice Clarett used his one allowed phone call for the week on Josina?

s0phr0syne
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Absolutely. I feel terrible about that. What can I say - I let my emotions get the best of me and lashed out with the stuff that people were feeding me about what they saw after games. I shouldn't have done it, and I'm truly sorry about it.

But in all fairness, wouldn't you say that there is far more evidence to substantiate the claim that our owner is a "gutless drunk" than there is to claim that Josina is a "**** s**king whore" who "****s all her sources"?

I think there's a clear distinction between satirizing someone with some snarky comments and being flat out misogynistic. From what I can tell, we're trying to develop a community where the latter is intolerable.

Popps
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM

Props.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM

You still apologizing for that?

_Oro_
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Now I think the Quinn move was genius. The worst thing you can do to a
developmental QB is throw him to the wolves. If Tebow or Tom B. are sitting
at the #2 spot and Orton goes down it may screw up their development. I think these guys have much better odds of making it when they have two years under their belt before going out there.

Mr. Elway
04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I think it was Marshall, too. As I recall Josina got that one-on-one interview with him fairly early on about his legal troubles.

My main problem with Josina is that she is a gossip trying to pass herself off as a journalist. Josina gets degraded not because she is a woman, but because her bread and butter is seedy rumors and gossip about players. She doesn't seem to care about the team in the least. Woody, Kiszla, etc., even at their harshest, support the Broncos, want them to win, and have a healthy hometown bias.

Contrast her with Lindsay Jones, whom I think most people would agree has established herself as a credible Bronco's scribe over roughly the same time period, and earned the respect of most fans who read the Post, myself included.

Popps
04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
All this said... I wouldn't rule out Brandstater being a very talented QB. I was really impressed with his preseason work last season.

rastaman
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
He was pretty good in preseason last year, who knows

Last year during the preseason many OM fans (including me) believed Bradstater could have been the sleeper in the draft just like Brady was. Now it seems like Bradstater could be the odd man out.

Imagine if Bradstater went to the Buffaloe Bills and became the 2nd coming of Jim Kelly! Boy would that be something.

bombay
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I have no reason to believe that isn't a complete fabrication.

Archer81
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Last year during the preseason many OM fans (including me) believed Bradstater could have been the sleeper in the draft just like Brady was. Now it seems like Bradstater could be the odd man out.

Imagine if Bradstater went to the Buffaloe Bills and became the 2nd coming of Jim Kelly! Boy would that be something.

And you would worry you wouldnt have a player to champion and advocate his getting out of town.

See rasta, even a broke clock is right twice a day.

rastaman
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
And you would worry you wouldnt have a player to champion and advocate his getting out of town.

See rasta, even a broke clock is right twice a day.

Were you advocating or on the Band Wagon last year that Brandstater could be the sleeper the same way Brady was? I know I was. McD is supposed to be able to spot and develop diamond n the rough QB's. It would be ironic if Josh made Brandstater the odd man out and cuts him, only to see that Brandstater is the real deal.

Thats the point I was making.:wiggle:

MplsBronco
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM

So now you are opposed to slander? You gutless drunk.

rastaman
04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I have no reason to believe that isn't a complete fabrication.

Last year fans were high on Brandstater. Although the rookie QB wasn't given much of chance to play last year in the preseason....some fans could see potential upside.

cutthemdown
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM

More likely I think Mcdaniels will look to groom Brandstater and Tebow, try and get Quinn serviceable, try to let Orton get better.

Then when things settle down I think Quinn get's traded to someone for something cheap like a 5th round pick. Orton I think get's to start though, at least this yr.

You can trade qbs in the nfl if they are even able to perform the duties on an avg level. Look at what Sea gave up for Whitehurst, AJ Feely and the Dolphins etc etc.

Problem is you cant hide any of them on practice squad. makes you wonder if Quinn gets moved sometimes before season for either a play or pick.

Rohirrim
04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
All of this adds up to one thing:

We're going to have a smokin' camp. ;D

Archer81
04-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Were you advocating or on the Band Wagon last year that Brandstater could be the sleeper the same way Brady was? I know I was. McD is supposed to be able to spot and develop diamond n the rough QB's. It would be ironic if Josh made Brandstater the odd man out and cuts him, only to see that Brandstater is the real deal.

Thats the point I was making.:wiggle:

No.

Because 6th round QB's have a hard time cracking the starting lineup. If Charlie Whitehurst can be sent to Seattle for a second without ever playing, Tom B. can fetch something similar in return.

You know...to help the team, and not just himself.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
If Charlie Whitehurst can be sent to Seattle for a second without ever playing, Tom B. can fetch something similar in return.
Wanna bet?

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Well it has to be somebody here last year since we've only had Brandstater that long.

I think it's Scheffler.

So all former Broncos have only played with Brandstater? Or you (former Broncos) can only have an opinion if you played with Brandstater?

misturanderson
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
More likely I think Mcdaniels will look to groom Brandstater and Tebow, try and get Quinn serviceable, try to let Orton get better.

Then when things settle down I think Quinn get's traded to someone for something cheap like a 5th round pick. Orton I think get's to start though, at least this yr.

You can trade qbs in the nfl if they are even able to perform the duties on an avg level. Look at what Sea gave up for Whitehurst, AJ Feely and the Dolphins etc etc.

Problem is you cant hide any of them on practice squad. makes you wonder if Quinn gets moved sometimes before season for either a play or pick.

I'm pretty sure Brandstater is still PS eligible and I really don't know if I believe that anyone would seriously steal him form there if that's where he ends up. There is always the good ol' IR redshirt year if they're worried about someone taking him from the PS.

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
My money is on Marshall. Who cares anyway? If he is the best (yeah right) then good for us!

Come on people...move on (at least until Marshall does something outstanding for the fins and we can all reflect on the past).

First, I doubt Marshall is giving Denver or Denver players a second thought (Why?)

Second, why would he be down on Tim?

Please give the bashing a rest. I bet if you went cold turkey and worked really hard at it, inside of three years you'd probably not even think about bashing them again...maybe not.

misturanderson
04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
So all former Broncos have only played with Brandstater? Or you (former Broncos) can only have an opinion if you played with Brandstater?

It would seem pretty ignorant for a former Bronco, that didn't play with us last year, who doesn't live in Denver and therefore probably has no legitimate insight into the QBs on our roster, to make that statement. And it would be even more idiotic to report that comment from someone like I just described. But it is Josina, so who knows?

misturanderson
04-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Come on people...move on (at least until Marshall does something outstanding for the fins and we can all reflect on the past).

First, I doubt Marshall is giving Denver or Denver players a second thought (Why?)

Second, why would he be down on Tim?

Please give the bashing a rest. I bet if you went cold turkey and worked really hard at it, inside of three years you'd probably not even think about bashing them again...maybe not.

What are you talking about? Everyone's just speculating who said those things and Marshall is a completely legitimate possibility given his connections to Josina and the fact that he is a former Bronco who was on the team last year.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Th TV was on in the chapter room the other day and Josina was on. I was like, "who gave this bitch a job?"

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Several obvious reasons. One is I don't believe we were working out Tebow at that time, so it would be before the FO valued him at a 1st round grade. Second is what if we couldn't get him? Jacksonville could very well have taken him, as could any number of teams ahead of #25. What if we couldn't trade with Baltimore for their pick and the Bills traded up to get him? Or Minnesota? There are so many variables, and if they went that way and missed out we are stuck with Chris Simms as #2.

Also, any number of RB's can be monsters behind a good OLine. Obviously they didn't see a future with him, so why not move him and fix a major depth problem at QB?

You do know that Simms was cut like months ago...okay, okay the day after they traded P. Hillis for B. Quinn? I don't think there was anyway that the Broncos would be stuck with Simms.

Meck77
04-26-2010, 08:14 PM
All of this adds up to one thing:

We're going to have a smokin' camp. ;D

It's going to be epic. I remember being at Plummer's first day of camp. Huge crowd, big energy. He changed the tone of Broncos football and brought a winning attitude immediately that the other players responded to. Well for a few years anyway.

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
What are you talking about? Everyone's just speculating who said those things and Marshall is a completely legitimate possibility given his connections to Josina and the fact that he is a former Bronco who was on the team last year.

Why?? Why??? Why????

Think it through...Why would he care? He's made a ton of money. And despite that he's away from conflict and loaded and playing at his home town and loaded and it's off season and he's loaded and there are a billion beaches and girls and he's loaded...Brandon Marshall gives two ****es about who is or isn't the better Broncos QB.

Seriously....seriously?

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
It would seem pretty ignorant for a former Bronco, that didn't play with us last year, who doesn't live in Denver and therefore probably has no legitimate insight into the QBs on our roster, to make that statement. And it would be even more idiotic to report that comment from someone like I just described. But it is Josina, so who knows?

Maybe, it's Elway.

misturanderson
04-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Maybe, it's Elway.

Except that Elway was immediately complimentary of Tebow on facebook (if that means anything) and I have a hard time believing that Elway is going to say anything like that to a hack like Josina for her to put on twitter.

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:28 PM

There's nothing to it at all. She got the effect she was looking for right here. If I said (I = former Bronco) hey, off the record, I think Brandstater is their best QB.

So be it. Draw from it whatever you like. It's not like everyone here has posted their opinion on the Broncos QB's.

Incidentally, it's slanderous to blame Marshall...unless you have some facts to post.

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Except that Elway was immediately complimentary of Tebow on facebook (if that means anything) and I have a hard time believing that Elway is going to say anything like that to a hack like Josina for her to put on twitter.

Dude, I was being totally tongue in cheek.

Merlin
04-26-2010, 08:31 PM
He already saw Brandstater for a yr and went after Quinn. Brandstater will be cut early on (most likely the first series of cuts) so that Quinn and Tebow can get more time in practice.

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
All this said... I wouldn't rule out Brandstater being a very talented QB. I was really impressed with his preseason work last season.

100% agree. The problem is now he's the fourth QB. Does a fourth really get a shot?

TotallyScrewed
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Wanna bet?

That was my thought so you're totallyscrewed too.

bombay
04-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Perhaps they can get that 5th back for Quinn.

Broncoman13
04-26-2010, 08:46 PM

You have let this go on for a year and never supported any of us that have said the same thing... Why the crack down now???

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
That was my thought so you're totallyscrewed too.

Hilarious! .... I guess so.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM

What are we trying to become here? A news organization? Last year, APA got essentially thrown under the bus for repeating your comments. All for the sake of "media credentials". F their media credentials if they get offended by a joke that you didn't even step up and claim. This is what it is and if you're trying to garner respect by curbing thought/insults, good luck with that.

Think about what Josina is. She's out there to get gossip. She doesn't even pretend to be a journalist. What sort of person could relate best with the largely minority NFL players? A minority. Then, which could get more gossip out of them, another male or a female? Obviously guys will open up easier with a female. So, here, we have someone being used for their female and minority aspects most likely and you think she isn't exploiting her female assets? Even if she's just flirting, getting friendly with them for the story, she's whoring herself out in some way. She's using her "charms" in a way that a male colleague couldn't. What else do you call that? A lady doesn't necessarily have to F her boss to "sleep her way to the top" in the non-literal sense.

She doesn't seek respect, she doesn't deserve respect, she's being exploited by her bosses to leak gossip and rumors that will never be any more substantiated than the claim that she's a whore.

Just curious, if we get substantiation that she is a whore, can we call her a whore? We just want to call it like it is and if we were casting our money in the Yes or No bin here, the "No, she's not a whore" bin wouldn't have much money.

I don't want to be here if we're heading down a path that will mean we can't insult anyone for the sake of respect from the outside. Maybe bumping the Pat Bowlen thread everyday during TC would take us back to what we once were. Don't sell out.

tsiguy96
04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
btw, this isnt the first report of brandstater being really good. adam schefter alluded to it awhile ago as well, saying he has teh best future of the 3 (now 4) QBs on the roster.

extralife
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
What are we trying to become here? A news organization? Last year, APA got essentially thrown under the bus for repeating your comments. All for the sake of "media credentials". F their media credentials if they get offended by a joke that you didn't even step up and claim. This is what it is and if you're trying to garner respect by curbing thought/insults, good luck with that.

Think about what Josina is. She's out there to get gossip. She doesn't even pretend to be a journalist. What sort of person could relate best with the largely minority NFL players? A minority. Then, which could get more gossip out of them, another male or a female? Obviously guys will open up easier with a female. So, here, we have someone being used for their female and minority aspects most likely and you think she isn't exploiting her female assets? Even if she's just flirting, getting friendly with them for the story, she's whoring herself out in some way. She's using her "charms" in a way that a male colleague couldn't. What else do you call that? A lady doesn't necessarily have to F her boss to "sleep her way to the top" in the non-literal sense.

She doesn't seek respect, she doesn't deserve respect, she's being exploited by her bosses to leak gossip and rumors that will never be any more substantiated than the claim that she's a whore.

Just curious, if we get substantiation that she is a whore, can we call her a whore? We just want to call it like it is and if we were casting our money in the Yes or No bin here, the "No, she's not a whore" bin wouldn't have much money.

I don't want to be here if we're heading down a path that will mean we can't insult anyone for the sake of respect from the outside. Maybe bumping the Pat Bowlen thread everyday during TC would take us back to what we once were. Don't sell out.

This is so stupid it's a little hard to contemplate a serious response. It's like teaching children. Ideally you get sent away for a while and we can move on with our lives.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 09:22 PM
This is so stupid it's a little hard to contemplate a serious response. It's like teaching children. Ideally you get sent away for a while and we can move on with our lives.

Explain? Are you saying we aren't attempting to put on a happy face for outsiders? Did you not have a problem with APA taking that hit last year and the OM chosing media credentials over standing by him?

extralife
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I am unfamiliar with the details of the story <i>because I don't care</i>, but your rationalization of a willful pigheadedness that manages to fold race into your eagerness to trip over your neolithic misogyny is so helpless I don't know where to begin.

Archer81
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I am unfamiliar with the details of the story <i>because I don't care</i>, but your rationalization of a willful pigheadedness that manages to fold race into your eagerness to trip over your neolithic misogyny is so helpless I don't know where to begin.

Dude...too many four syllable words...

Please...no more...:kiss:

Taco John
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM

The path we're heading down is simple: we're not going to call women b****es and whores just because we don't like the things that they say.

If you do not like this path, hop off now. It's true, I've let this place get a little rough and tumble. But there's a line. This forum is not going to tolerate misogyny for the sake of misogyny. I don't have a problem with people being critical of her reporting. I've been critical of it myself in this thread. And no, I haven't been contacted by anyone to ask that it stop. I'm simply tired of reading a bunch of butt hurt kids slander this woman on this forum. That's not what this place is about. It's very easy to be critical of her reporting without the need to call her a b****, a whore, or to slander her.

Taco John
04-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Explain? Are you saying we aren't attempting to put on a happy face for outsiders? Did you not have a problem with APA taking that hit last year and the OM chosing media credentials over standing by him?

You're clueless if you think this is what happened. Why don't you PM Apa and relay this version of the story to him. I'll buy you an ice cream cone if he doesn't laugh in your face and tell you you've got it backwards.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 09:38 PM
You're clueless if you think this is what happened. Why don't you PM Apa and relay this version of the story to him. I'll buy you an ice cream cone if he doesn't laugh in your face and tell you you've got it backwards.

I know he stepped up to make it right. Good on him. But the OM let him take the hit all alone and he said in his thread how terrible he felt for having lost/risked the credentials. He took that responsibility on his shoulders and even if you guys played it on it's surface for the sake of appeasing Bronco staff, you still gave them the idea that they can control/influence what is said here by taking back those credentials.

He was removed from the reporting staff for repeating a joke. The OM crumbled, called mercy, and essentially promised not to make fun anymore. There's no fun in being on your best behavior because you never know who might be looking. That's not what this place is, is it?

Mr.Meanie
04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
You do know that Simms was cut like months ago...okay, okay the day after they traded P. Hillis for B. Quinn? I don't think there was anyway that the Broncos would be stuck with Simms.

???

If they didn't make the trade he would still be on the roster................

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
It was more than a joke ... it was a very serious, even incendiary personal attack against the team owner. Pulling the credentials was not some kind of knee jerk reaction, it was very understandable in light of the facts that, a) the OM is not a traditional news outlet, and 2) Apa was one of the listed reporters. The comment was not out of the mainstream for a poster, but it was inappropriate for a reporter.

But keep hope alive ... the guy who makes those decisions for the team is a Florida Gator ... so the Tebow pick should have him giddy and pliable by the time camp starts. ;D

What sort of person could relate best with the largely minority NFL players? A minority. Then, which could get more gossip out of them, another male or a female? Obviously guys will open up easier with a female. So, here, we have someone being used for their female and minority aspects most likely and you think she isn't exploiting her female assets? Even if she's just flirting, getting friendly with them for the story, she's whoring herself out in some way. She's using her "charms" in a way that a male colleague couldn't. What else do you call that? A lady doesn't necessarily have to F her boss to "sleep her way to the top" in the non-literal sense.

You should be ashamed of this crap ... the mysogeny does runs deep around here. I hope you get booted for a week based on this, hell I hope you're suspended by the time I click "submit reply."

Who tf cares how she gets her information? Plenty of ex-jocks get info because they played the game. Guys get info because they're friends with players. Ron Zappolo and Dennis Smith were personal friends when I was around, so what, Zappolo's a whore now too?

You're a woman-hater, a racist, or both.

Think about what Josina is. She's out there to get gossip. She doesn't even pretend to be a journalist.

Sorry to offend your childlike sensibilities there Hoss, but this is the real world. Gossip sells, and you haven't a clue. I know a couple high dollar divorce attorneys in LA and Beverly Hills, and they subscribe to each and every gossip magazine ... they are an invaluable source of information.

Nothing wrong with gossip ... the majority of the stuff on this board is gossip. Grow up.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I wonder if a certain highly twittering reporter has been lurking around the OM.

Kaylore
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Ill say it. Josina's a whore; maybe not a literal one, but certainly a ratings whore. She's the Jerry Springer of Bronco's news: throw a bunch of rumors with no names attached to them ripping on the coach the rile up the mob to raise her tweet subscribers. Her writing skills are amateurish, and her journalism consists of talking to people that either were just cut or free agents we aren't interested in. Basically all the people who have reason to air their dirty laundry. No analysis, no knowledge of sports, positions or general strategy. Just a rumor mongering media hack. She sucks.

PaintballCLE
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I think it was Simms LOL

Pseudofool
04-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Ill say it. Josina's a whore; maybe not a literal one, but certainly a ratings whore. She's the Jerry Springer of Bronco's news: throw a bunch of rumors with no names attached to them ripping on the coach the rile up the mob to raise her tweet subscribers. Her writing skills are amateurish, and her journalism consists of talking to people that either were just cut or free agents we aren't interested in. Basically all the people who have reason to air their dirty laundry. No analysis, no knowledge of sports, positions or general strategy. Just a rumor mongering media hack. She sucks.Why hold back, tell us what you really think.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Yabba dabba dooooo....

Nothing wrong with gossip ... the majority of the stuff on this board is gossip. Grow up.

So, you think she isn't in her position because she's a black female? You think a white male could be the gossip monger she is?

And there's a responsibility that comes with being a journalist. You can't merely say what you want and claim "mystery source" said it. She doesn't ever substantiate anything, she just says whatever she feels like in a manner that is 99% open to interpretation.

And, lastly, you think the OM was gigged simply because he was listed? They didn't take his, they took the OMs. The site owner made the statement first. He should not have had to utter a single word in appology.

Archer81
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Oh snap...

**** just got reals.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm really not sure why anyone pays attention to Josina. I don't know a thing about the lady but if she has any intentions of becoming a mainstream sports reporter, she's going about it all wrong. That being said, the lady knows how to rock the boat.

Just look at this thread.

extralife
And there's a responsibility that comes with being a journalist. You can't merely say what you want and claim "mystery source" said it. She doesn't ever substantiate anything, she just says whatever she feels like in a manner that is 99% open to interpretation.

What does this have to do with being a slut and/or black

I guess you don't get it.

Archer81
I'm really not sure why anyone pays attention to Josina. I don't know a thing about the lady but if she has any intentions of becoming a mainstream sports reporter, she's going about it all wrong. That being said, the lady knows how to rock the boat.

Just look at this thread.

...Is that a euphemism?

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 09:54 PM
What does this have to do with being a slut and/or black

I guess you don't get it.

It has to do with being wreckless, irresponsible, and generally lacking respect.

If she had respect in the journalism world at all, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The fact that she deserves no respect for what she does leads to the name calling and brings us here.

Taco John
I know he stepped up to make it right. Good on him. But the OM let him take the hit all alone and he said in his thread how terrible he felt for having lost/risked the credentials. He took that responsibility on his shoulders and even if you guys played it on it's surface for the sake of appeasing Bronco staff, you still gave them the idea that they can control/influence what is said here by taking back those credentials.

He was removed from the reporting staff for repeating a joke. The OM crumbled, called mercy, and essentially promised not to make fun anymore. There's no fun in being on your best behavior because you never know who might be looking. That's not what this place is, is it?

Like I said. You have it wrong. Go ahead and ask him.

That One Guy
...is that a euphemism?

:broncos:

lol

BigPlayShay
04-26-2010, 09:55 PM
If we can't make mysoginist remarks about her, can we at least make it a bannable offense to refer to her as a "Reporter"?

extralife
04-26-2010, 09:59 PM
It has to do with being wreckless, irresponsible, and generally lacking respect.

If she had respect in the journalism world at all, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The fact that she deserves no respect for what she does leads to the name calling and brings us here.

Oh, so you're stupid. I get it.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Like I said. You have it wrong. Go ahead and ask him.

What might have been said behind the scenes doesn't really matter to my point. I read the threads that came across the OM which gave off the impression of "we're sorry we said bad things, we take it back, we'll punish our guy, please let us come back".

That was what the Broncos were able to achieve. That was very disheartening to see.

I remember APA's thread where he seemed about as down as could be. Your thread/comment (I don't recall off the top of my head which it was) came shortly behind saying he had been removed from the staff (even though it might have been at his own suggestion). That's when everyone should've been there to give a mighty middle finger to the Broncos brass and told 'em to take a joke but we didn't.

It has been a while, is there some important detail there that I'm misconstruing or missing entirely?

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh, so you're stupid. I get it.

Ahhh... the insult in absense of a response move. I've seen that one plenty. Spider teaches you well, I see.

HAT
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
we're not going to call women b****es and whores

How about witches & bores.....are those off limits too? zowie!

(I kid, of course)

extralife
04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
What do you expect as a response when your line of reasoning is "well, she's a poor reporter so I am entitled to call her a whore and insinuate both that her race is the reason for her employment, and the reason for her poor performance"

Taco John
04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
And, lastly, you think the OM was gigged simply because he was listed? They didn't take his, they took the OMs. The site owner made the statement first. He should not have had to utter a single word in appology.

When they pulled the credentials, they commented that they weren't upset that it was stated in the original reaction thread and that they weren't trying to control what we said or how we reacted to the news, but that one of our desgnated reporters was using it in the official coverage. Apa was not kicked off our team, and is still on it to this day. I took (and take) full responsiblity for it, for many reasons, the first being that I should have screened the coverage before it hit the site. That kind of commentary should never go into official coverage.

We may or may not get credentials with the Broncos to cover training camp. I"m not really concerned about that. If it happens it happens. If not, we can still do it from the sidelines. That has nothing to do with this. I'm just tired of seeing people slander this woman just because they are uncomfortable with the things she reports. I have no problem with people being critical of her for her coverage like they would any male journalist. But the things people use to hit her with are slanderous and I'm reigning it in.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
So, you think she isn't in her position because she's a black female? You think a white male could be the gossip monger she is?

Dumass, they do it all the time. Constantly. The fact you would make any distinction because she's "black" and a "female" ... that's just your own fears and prejudices. Try PFW online ... they throw rumors all over the place. You should have been around for Pikes Peek, TJ Simers, or any one of the real beat writers that were around before.

You have not a clue what constitutes responsible journalism. Unless she's making this stuff up, it's entirely responsible.

And what do you, live in a closet? Ever read Schefter's tweets? He states unattributed rumors constantly ... he states them in a more conventional manner than Josina, but they are unattributed rumors all the same. And again, PFW? Rotoworld? Yahoo Sports? Any one of a dozen more outlets? Obviously it's just the reporters with dark skin and internal plumbing that bother you. And the ones who contradict your rosy view of all that is Broncos, like Josina and Woody.

Yeah! All the reporters who say negative/contradictory things, they suck, they're whores. But the reporters who state the party line, those are all credible journalists, right?

My recollection, and I was in Denver and plugged into all this at the time, was that it was Apa's usage of TJ's term that drew the team's ire.

montrose
04-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Josina's in the middle, holding an Emmy...
http://www.shaaa.org/Images/josina_anderson_emmy_award.jpg

... okay, back to the jokes. :yayaya:

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
When they pulled the credentials, they commented that they weren't upset that it was stated in the original reaction thread and that they weren't trying to control what we said or how we reacted to the news, but that one of our desgnated reporters was using it in the official coverage. Apa was not kicked off our team, and is still on it to this day. I took (and take) full responsiblity for it, for many reasons, the first being that I should have screened the coverage before it hit the site. That kind of commentary should never go into official coverage.

That's how I remember it. And TJ, imo you really should pull Apa off that gig ... or at least give him a new user name to report under.

BigPlayShay
04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
But the things people use to hit her with are slanderous and I'm reigning it in.

Wouldn't that be libelous? :ducks:

That One Guy
What do you expect as a response when your line of reasoning is "well, she's a poor reporter so I am entitled to call her a whore and insinuate both that her race is the reason for her employment, and the reason for her poor performance"

So you think a white male COULD get the same info from the players and play the position of rumor monger as well?

Spider
Ahhh... the insult in absense of a response move. I've seen that one plenty. Spider teaches you well, I see.

he is right i read this entire thread ,while some had some good post on here ( popps was funny) you are by far the biggest idiot sharing a dumb ass opinion , talkin out of school about apa and what happened , Instead of mannin up and admitting it , you keep spittin out **** hopin somethin will stick and help you save face ........ now run off and be butt hurt junior ........and it is Tacos Board , he owns it , he flips the bill , dont like it , there is the road azzhole , no one is forcing you to stay

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I could've saved alotta typing by merely responding to your post with ....

This.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Weeeeeeeee

As I said previously, some like Adam Schefter have worked for the respect that is necessary to make statements on your reputation. She isn't anything close to the reporter that Schefter is. You cited all of those other sites but they actually report - Yahoo sports kicked off the whole Reggie Bush NCAA probe while Josina has reported on what since breaking the news of Dwill's killing? People bash Florio for throwing rumors out there but he's fairly reliable when he reports something. She doesn't even allow us to confirm her material as she almost never even has content in her statements, just he said she said nonsense.

It's not the color of her skin or the plumbing that makes her deserve no respect. There's minority reporters and female reporters that are very good at their job that noone's talking about. Then there's Josina who is one step above the National Enquirer.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:20 PM

We may or may not get credentials with the Broncos to cover training camp. I"m not really concerned about that. If it happens it happens. If not, we can still do it from the sidelines. That has nothing to do with this. I'm just tired of seeing people slander this woman just because they are uncomfortable with the things she reports. I have no problem with people being critical of her for her coverage like they would any male journalist. But the things people use to hit her with are slanderous and I'm reigning it in.

I swear I recall this differently but I'll go try to find what I'm thinking of... It has been a long time and if I remember it wrong, I do appologize. I'll trust my memory up against just about anyone's but I could be wrong.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Josina's in the middle, holding an Emmy...
http://www.shaaa.org/Images/josina_anderson_emmy_award.jpg

... okay, back to the jokes. :yayaya:

I think that image was a joke (as are most awards).

I don't know if people really think she's a "whore," but I'm with Kahn in the whole stir up crap thing. She doesn't come off as a classy intellect and is more of the "gossip" brand of reporting. Something that isn't really that valued in the grand scheme of things. Always, so and so says this and that. Pointless stuff. Adam Schefter ='s real news.

OABB
04-26-2010, 10:24 PM
What if she really is a whore? Is it ok than?

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:24 PM
hee-haw

And I find it quite beneath you to automatically assume that the only reason I dislike her and find her undeserving of respect is because she's black and female while I'm a sexist racist.

I'm not the only one with these sentiments, does that make everyone share my sexist and racist traits? Or just me because I came in at the end more bluntly than others and rambled more?

There's plenty of reasons you could consider me sexist or racist. In a different conversation, I'd even explain them to you and why I feel the way I do is justified. Josina is not the person to stake that assumption on though.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:27 PM
What if she really is a whore? Is it ok than?

That was my question as well. I remember some actual incidents being referenced a while back. I wonder if we can start a thread where we post all of her questionable incidents we find and someone (the decider of such things) lets us know when her whoredom has been proven (if it exists, of course) and we can resume using such terms.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
That was my question as well. I remember some actual incidents being referenced a while back. I wonder if we can start a thread where we post all of her questionable incidents we find and someone (the decider of such things) lets us know when her whoredom has been proven (if it exists, of course) and we can resume using such terms.

Taco has made it clear that his policy going forward is that there will be no tolerance for overt or implicit references to Josina as a whore or a prostitute. He's provided a warning on the prior page(s) and everyone is now on notice.

I'm not sure what's so difficult about that to comprehend. There will be no starting of threads where people post her "questionable incidents" or "whoredom" or anything of the sort that you seem to be suggesting. If you'd like to pursue that avenue further, you will be subject to a ban.

Broncoman13
04-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Man, this thread is full of BS. First, Apa was ashamed and suggested TJ remove him from the reporting team. He knew that he made a boneheaded mistake... and TJ realized that he was in part responsible for how it started. He was put in a difficult situation and tried to do the best he could to support the entire OM and restore the creds. That wasn't throwing anyone under the bus, it was simply trying to make the best out of a difficult situation. I really doubt that Apa wants to relive anything that happened during that time. And speaking for TJ, Apa and everyone else that was involved or affected... It was the best move so that the people that traveled to report at camp were afforded the opportunity to continue doing so and so that the 100's on the OM that check the Mane 30 times an hour for reports were rewarded for their efforts. Pretty weak for anyone to bring this up... especially when TJ is only asking that you keep the comments about Josina at an acceptable level. He never said you couldn't call her a lying hack. Just no reason to suggest she is a whore b/c you don't like the methods she uses to gather her info. It's amazing that some people can't understand this.

extralife
04-26-2010, 10:39 PM
And I find it quite beneath you to automatically assume that the only reason I dislike her and find her undeserving of respect is because she's black and female while I'm a sexist racist.

What sort of person could relate best with the largely minority NFL players? A minority. Then, which could get more gossip out of them, another male or a female? Obviously guys will open up easier with a female. So, here, we have someone being used for their female and minority aspects most likely and you think she isn't exploiting her female assets?...A lady doesn't necessarily have to F her boss to "sleep her way to the top" in the non-literal sense.

if we were casting our money in the Yes or No bin here, the "No, she's not a whore" bin wouldn't have much money.

The fact that she deserves no respect for what she does leads to the name calling and brings us here.

So you think a white male COULD get the same info from the players and play the position of rumor monger as well?

I see

Popps
04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Taco has made it clear that his policy going forward is that there will be no tolerance for overt or implicit references to Josina as a whore or a prostitute.

:spit:

This place is a ****ing nut-house.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I see

Yes, because we all live in a racial vacuum where it's not a factor in the slightest.

Studies have been done for decades to show that no matter how much you force integration, people will congregate with those that share their traits. Are we so PC we can't even consider contributing factors?

DomCasual
04-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Just my opinion, but...

Josina is supposed to be a journalist, yet she:

1) uses absolutely horrible spelling and grammar. I'm not just talking about Twitter, either. The rare actual article she writes is written poorly, and I'm assuming that is after some poor editor has taken a token shot at fixing it; and

2) she almost always uses unnamed sources. I wouldn't say that there is no place for unnamed sources in journalism; but I do believe they should be used sparingly. What makes me sick about Josina is that she shows herself and her sources to be back-biting cowards. If you have something to say, then say it. If you are not willing to put your name on it, then it isn't worth saying. I would like to think that the any player worth his salt won't even talk to her, because of the unethical way she goes about her business.

These two things make Josina someone who I personally don't respect. Calling her a slut or a whore is in poor taste - although, in fairness, I think I've done it once or twice. My bad. Saying that she sucks at her job (pun not intended) is about as close to fact as it gets.

extralife
04-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes, because we all live in a racial vacuum where it's not a factor in the slightest.

Studies have been done for decades to show that no matter how much you force integration, people will congregate with those that share their traits. Are we so PC we can't even consider contributing factors?

You're seriously attempting to defend repeated attempts to link <i>poor quality</i> with <i>being black and female</i>, as well as insinuating that <i>because</i> she is black and female, she probably <i>prostitutes herself for information</i>.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
As I said previously, some like Adam Schefter have worked for the respect that is necessary to make statements on your reputation. She isn't anything close to the reporter that Schefter is. You cited all of those other sites but they actually report - Yahoo sports kicked off the whole Reggie Bush NCAA probe while Josina has reported on what since breaking the news of Dwill's killing? People bash Florio for throwing rumors out there but he's fairly reliable when he reports something. She doesn't even allow us to confirm her material as she almost never even has content in her statements, just he said she said nonsense.
Okay then ... what you're saying here is, "Okay, yeah, lots of guys do report rumors, sorry. Even white males. What I MEANT to say is that her track record is not great, so that's why I was criticizing her."

That would have been okay. had that been what you said.

I'm not sure here track record is so bad, though.

It's not the color of her skin or the plumbing that makes her deserve no respect.
Then why did you mention it?

There's minority reporters and female reporters that are very good at their job that noone's talking about. Then there's Josina who is one step above the National Enquirer.
I tried to tell you, the Enquirer is a highly respected magazine, like it or not.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Just my opinion, but...

1) uses absolutely horrible spelling and grammar. I'm not just talking about Twitter, either. The rare actual article she writes is written poorly, and I'm assuming that is after some poor editor has taken a token shot at fixing it; and

2) she almost always uses unnamed sources. I wouldn't say that there is no place for unnamed sources in journalism; but I do believe they should be used sparingly. What makes me sick about Josina is that she shows herself and her sources to be back-biting cowards. If you have something to say, then say it. If you are not willing to put your name on it, then it isn't worth saying. I would like to think that the any player worth his salt won't even talk to her, because of the unethical way she goes about her business.

These two things make Josina someone who I personally don't respect. Calling her a slut or a whore is in poor taste - although, in fairness, I think I've done it once or twice. My bad. Saying that she sucks at her job (pun not intended) is about as close to fact as it gets.

Good post :thumbs:

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Man, this thread is full of BS. First, Apa was ashamed and suggested TJ remove him from the reporting team. He knew that he made a boneheaded mistake... and TJ realized that he was in part responsible for how it started. He was put in a difficult situation and tried to do the best he could to support the entire OM and restore the creds. That wasn't throwing anyone under the bus, it was simply trying to make the best out of a difficult situation. I really doubt that Apa wants to relive anything that happened during that time. And speaking for TJ, Apa and everyone else that was involved or affected... It was the best move so that the people that traveled to report at camp were afforded the opportunity to continue doing so and so that the 100's on the OM that check the Mane 30 times an hour for reports were rewarded for their efforts. Pretty weak for anyone to bring this up... especially when TJ is only asking that you keep the comments about Josina at an acceptable level. He never said you couldn't call her a lying hack. Just no reason to suggest she is a whore b/c you don't like the methods she uses to gather her info. It's amazing that some people can't understand this.

I definitely didn't mean to bring it up to throw any mud at all APAs way; a point I think I've gotten across already. I was just quite confused why Taco is making such a big deal out of this when it hasn't been before when numerous others were called a whore. Punch whore into the search box. The girl Tiki Barber left his wife for is referenced as a whore, Sarah Palin as a whore, Mock calling someone a whore, Rastaman calling people whores... that was only in the first two pages of 500 entries (which is max, not all of them). This came across to me as having a motive behind it and maybe it didn't, I don't know what goes through his head, but Taco hardly seems like the kind of person who wants himself to be above question. I'll attempt to stay on the non-banned side but as long as I'm on that side of the line, I don't see an issue with disagreeing with newly imposed policies. Once I cross that line is the point at which I'm clearly not welcome in Taco's house and I'll go elsewhere or take my punishment as he and the mods deem fit.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM

You should read through your posts .... I didn't make all that up, you wrote it.

That One Guy
04-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Okay then ... what you're saying here is, "Okay, yeah, lots of guys do report rumors, sorry. Even white males. What I MEANT to say is that her track record is not great, so that's why I was criticizing her."

That would have been okay. had that been what you said.

I'm not sure here track record is so bad, though.

Then why did you mention it?

I tried to tell you, the Enquirer is a highly respected magazine, like it or not.

Other reporters, male and female, who get and deserve respect actually report. Sometimes it's rumors, sometimes it's fact. Until a fact is confirmed, it is merely a rumor or hypothesis. Josina never takes any details beyond those rumors because once they've had their WOW factor exploited, she moves on to the next story. Big difference.

I mention her sex and race because while I don't think they make her the ****ty reporter she is, I definitely think they're a significant factor in the reason she has the job she does. Can you imagine Florio out trying to buddy up with Marshall and get the gossip? It aint happening. Throw out a female that is also black - much higher likelihood that the players find they can relate to her and the stories come much easier.

And the enquirer is entertainment but nobody takes them serious.

OABB
04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Other reporters, male and female, who get and deserve respect actually report. Sometimes it's rumors, sometimes it's fact. Until a fact is confirmed, it is merely a rumor or hypothesis. Josina never takes any details beyond those rumors because once they've had their WOW factor exploited, she moves on to the next story. Big difference.

I mention her sex and race because while I don't think they make her the ****ty reporter she is, I definitely think they're a significant factor in the reason she has the job she does. Can you imagine Florio out trying to buddy up with Marshall and get the gossip? It aint happening. Throw out a female that is also black - much higher likelihood that the players find they can relate to her and the stories come much easier.

And the enquirer is entertainment but nobody takes them serious.

no silly, It's because she is a credible and dignified reporter That athletes talk to her so much.

ZONA
04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
In all honesty I see the Broncos going with Tebow and Brandstater are the QBOTF. With Tebow as the future starter, and the older Brandstater as the permanent backup. Then if Tebow goes out Brandstater shows whats up and likely gets traded for some serious picks.

McDaniels has learned that a stable of good QB's is not just a good idea for backup reasons but for building the team through trades for draft picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded away Quinn to a team in need of a young mobile QB... like a Buffalo. I see us with Orton for this coming year though.

Yeah, why not. I mean, if you are a QB's coach and you know how to develop them, it makes sense to carry a few extra and groom them and you keep the best few and trade the rest for picks. Sounds like a good plan to me.

cutthemdown
04-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Just my opinion, but...

Haven't other famous people gotten similar treatment without TACO feeling he had to reign it in? I understand people not liking her, I understand people feeling calling her a whore is in bad taste. I even understand the dude who runs the place not liking it and using his power to stop it. What I don't get is why she is so special. It's strange in that regard.

Popps
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Haven't other famous people gotten similar treatment without TACO feeling he had to reign it in? I understand people not liking her, I understand people feeling calling her a whore is in bad taste. I even understand the dude who runs the place not liking it and using his power to stop it. What I don't get is why she is so special. It's strange in that regard.

She's local to Denver, local to the Broncos and the OM has already had one embarrassing incident with regards to the team. I can understand his concerns, though I also understand that it creates a bit of a double-standard, and begs the question of when satire should be taken seriously, etc.

But, it's his place... and he should put his foot down where he sees fit. No biggie.

24champ
04-26-2010, 11:41 PM
I see the Orange Mane Bill of Rights is working out well on here...

Zoobie
04-26-2010, 11:42 PM
so can i call jay cutler a douchebag? Taco, you're setting a terrible and unreasonable standard, not to mention this is the internet.

extralife
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
I think it might say something about the people here if "don't call women that you disagree with sluts and whores" is considered "terrible and unreasonable."

uplink
04-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Josina 'seems' to promote BMarsh's point of view to such an extreme that if 'seems' to lead one to believe she has a thing for him. Can we joke about this? Its not implying anything more than she is a women with a crush.

Houshyamama
04-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I guarantee you Josina is McDaniel's second personality.

Houshyamama
04-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Woody Paige is a whore, a dirty dirty whore.

*cringes*

Florida_Bronco
The path we're heading down is simple: we're not going to call women b****es and whores just because we don't like the things that they say.

If you do not like this path, hop off now. It's true, I've let this place get a little rough and tumble. But there's a line. This forum is not going to tolerate misogyny for the sake of misogyny. I don't have a problem with people being critical of her reporting. I've been critical of it myself in this thread. And no, I haven't been contacted by anyone to ask that it stop. I'm simply tired of reading a bunch of butt hurt kids slander this woman on this forum. That's not what this place is about. It's very easy to be critical of her reporting without the need to call her a b****, a whore, or to slander her.

So does this mean that next time a cop hating thread pops up and people start calling them Nazis or any of the other comparable insults, you'll be throwing down the ban hammer? How about when a poster drags personal information from a whole different forum, posts it here, and uses it to make a major personal attack on a poster for no other reason than the victim had the audacity to disagree with the attacker? Does that get a ban? How about posting racist images? The only action that provoked was the removal of the image itself.

I've been a major critic of the way you've run this forum lately, and I'll give you serious props if you start making crackdowns on that type of behavior, but my issue with this is threefold.

1. PRBronco should not have been given the ban over this. Apparently you or whoever gave the ban made it right so that is good, but it never should have happened to start with. Retroactive punishment is serious bull.

2. As I mentioned before, if you want to stop people from calling women "whores" because they disagree with them, fine, I applaud that, but then you need to extend the same rules to everyone. Either protect everybody or nobody.

3. Make the lines clear. I'm just one of a few who've been calling for this for ages now. We shouldn't have to guess at the rules. Put the cards down on the table so we can see what's acceptable and what isn't. 95% of the forum (myself included) will happily conform and the rest can be dealt with.

That is all.

extralife
She's a reporter talking to the most (well, was) popular and polarizing member of the team she covers. I guess Mark Kizla wants to have sex with Carmelo Anthony?

She's a ****ty reporter. I get it (though you guys know nothing about reporting, media standards or ethics in journalism). Why does that have to mean she wants to have sex with Player X?

Taco John
04-27-2010, 01:17 AM
She's local to Denver, local to the Broncos and the OM has already had one embarrassing incident with regards to the team. I can understand his concerns, though I also understand that it creates a bit of a double-standard, and begs the question of when satire should be taken seriously, etc.

But, it's his place... and he should put his foot down where he sees fit. No biggie.

There's a difference between satire and slander. I have decided that I want to stay on the safe side of that line. On top of that, the misogyny here is getting ridiculous, which is really the driver behind this movement. I'm embarassed at some of the things that I'm reading people say about and towards women on this site. And what I've noticed is that some of the folks who I consider forum leaders are starting to take part in it and find it acceptable. I had hoped that these types - and I'm not naming names - would reign it in by their own example. But that hasn't been happening. It's been going the other direction. When that happens, it's time to excersize power and set the tone. And that's what I'm doing.

I'm not trying to power trip. I'm just doing what I think needs to be done. We're a better community than we've been showing lately. A lot of that is my fault. But everybody that posts here every day has a stake here in creating a better experience.

OBF1
04-27-2010, 01:59 AM
What gets me is why anyone with any sort of life would even accept/search for anything hosina. Get a life bro, please.

OBF1
04-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Okay, I have read the entire thread.... Best read I have had in a long time, great comedic value, serious issues and people taking sides. I am just sorry I did not have a bowl of popcorn handy while I read this thread.

Best thread of the month by far.

elsid13
04-27-2010, 02:31 AM
I do need a ruling. Is it alright to still call Spider a slut? We all know it true and out there on the interwebthingy already.

chrisp
04-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Not only is it massively sexist and derogatory to suggest that Josina sleeps with Athletes to get her 'scoops' its also insane to suggest that she even needs to.....that drivel? Really?

She is not a slut, she is a scurrilous gossip hound who homes in on disgruntled players to get a juicy quote, because she has zero interest in the truth and 100% interest in selling her tweets and articles. No exchange of bodily fluids required. Anyone who suggests otherwise is doing a massive disservice to anyone who truly resents her from a purely professional standpoint as I do.

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next year as players start to fall in line and buy into the team mentality. They've just shipped out the malcontents, so Josina may stuggle to find 'sources' over the next twelve months...

At the end of the day, however, nothing she says matters. There are usually disgruntled players on any team, and these days people don't need much persuading to go public with their 'issues'. If the team is coming together and heading in the right direction however, players won't be so keen to air the dirty laundry, even anonymously. They only do it to get at the team they know whatever they say will be quoted...

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 03:19 AM

It's tough to selectively censor but not pissing off the players, the team, anyone with stadium security, nfl security etc etc is prudent for a site that wants to be close to the NFL, Inveseco, and the Broncos. Really that's all I needed to hear it totally makes sense now.

Say what you want but not about anyone who could actually hinder or effect the Bronco experience of the people who use the board.

This isn't about the gutless drunk thing with bowlen is it? lol. It's sort of funny because this place isn't worth the team worrying about.

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 03:26 AM
Not only is it massively sexist and derogatory to suggest that Josina sleeps with Athletes to get her 'scoops' its also insane to suggest that she even needs to.....that drivel? Really?

She is not a slut, she is a scurrilous gossip hound who homes in on disgruntled players to get a juicy quote, because she has zero interest in the truth and 100% interest in selling her tweets and articles. No exchange of bodily fluids required. Anyone who suggests otherwise is doing a massive disservice to anyone who truly resents her from a purely professional standpoint as I do.

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next year as players start to fall in line and buy into the team mentality. They've just shipped out the malcontents, so Josina may stuggle to find 'sources' over the next twelve months...

At the end of the day, however, nothing she says matters. There are usually disgruntled players on any team, and these days people don't need much persuading to go public with their 'issues'. If the team is coming together and heading in the right direction however, players won't be so keen to air the dirty laundry, even anonymously. They only do it to get at the team they know whatever they say will be quoted...

That's the beauty of her plan brother. By never naming her source, you don't even need a source. Here watch how easy it is.

Talked to a Bronco player today who told me the whole team suspects Brandon Marshall is Josina Andersons unnamed source.

rastaman
04-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Some like someone with an axe to grind.

Although B-Stater looked pretty good in preseason, for what thats worth besides better than Simms. The guy is 6 foot forever, and can still run and made some long out pattern throws. Perhaps he's weak in the dink n dunk. I liked the guy as a potential starter, now not so sure..

Go with your hunch until you see otherwise! Remember, who had ever heard of Tom Brady until Bledsoe got hurt? The rest is history. I'd hate to B-Stater become victim of the odd-man out b/c we have too many QB's on the roster. Meanwhile B-Stater goes on to a QB starving franchise and leads the team out of the darkness and into the playoffs and SB's.

Broncoman13
04-27-2010, 05:09 AM
I definitely didn't mean to bring it up to throw any mud at all APAs way; a point I think I've gotten across already. I was just quite confused why Taco is making such a big deal out of this when it hasn't been before when numerous others were called a whore. Punch whore into the search box. The girl Tiki Barber left his wife for is referenced as a whore, Sarah Palin as a whore, Mock calling someone a whore, Rastaman calling people whores... that was only in the first two pages of 500 entries (which is max, not all of them). This came across to me as having a motive behind it and maybe it didn't, I don't know what goes through his head, but Taco hardly seems like the kind of person who wants himself to be above question. I'll attempt to stay on the non-banned side but as long as I'm on that side of the line, I don't see an issue with disagreeing with newly imposed policies. Once I cross that line is the point at which I'm clearly not welcome in Taco's house and I'll go elsewhere or take my punishment as he and the mods deem fit.

I thought the timing was strange as well which is why I asked why after all this time earlier in the thread. I didn't have to bring up a whole bunch of crap from the past though. Could you have got an answer by asking one little question..."Why the sudden change?"

The Joker
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Is it not obvious what's going on here?

Josina has gotten to Taco.

Another notch on the world's largest bedpost.

For shame.

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Ill say it. Josina's a whore; maybe not a literal one, but certainly a ratings whore. She's the Jerry Springer of Bronco's news: throw a bunch of rumors with no names attached to them ripping on the coach the rile up the mob to raise her tweet subscribers. Her writing skills are amateurish, and her journalism consists of talking to people that either were just cut or free agents we aren't interested in. Basically all the people who have reason to air their dirty laundry. No analysis, no knowledge of sports, positions or general strategy. Just a rumor mongering media hack. She sucks.

True... but Lindsay Jones is just as hacky, and has broken zero news compared to a decent chunk that Josina has. I think Josina gets extra crap from her god awful abortion of the english language on twitter and some more due to her slant on the players side.

Imo, just about all of the Broncos beat writers are horrid.

colonelbeef
04-27-2010, 05:46 AM
How long until she realizes that McD looks like a genius if Tom Brandstater really is the best QB on the roster?

So McDaniels looks like a genius if Brandstater turns out to be better than Orton (a player he traded for) Quinn (a player he traded for) and Tebow (a #1 pick he traded for) ?

Is alternate reality fun?

OABB
04-27-2010, 05:51 AM
First of all taco, misogony is the hatred of women. That means all women. Calling a cocknobbler a whore is just being perceptive. She is trash and whether we call her a whore or a moron it is an insult well deserved. It is not gross hatred women.

Ray Finkle
04-27-2010, 06:02 AM
TJ,
Josina's polarizing distain for McDaniel's methods is why she gets bashed. She is the first to play the "McDaniel's a idiot flag" when something can be brought up. In the other times, she never mentions the good things she does. She burnt bridges in DC and she has done it in Denver.

Female or not, she is a writer on par with Burger Bill.....

Grumps
04-27-2010, 06:03 AM
Female or not, she is a writer on par with Burger Bill.....

That's being too generous, IMO.

Ray Finkle
04-27-2010, 06:15 AM
That's being too generous, IMO.

it's true....if it weren't for her "scoops" she would be in line with the same guestimations and points dribble that Burger slops out.

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 07:32 AM
I hadn't come across any stories that I recall her breaking recently. What has she broken since the Dwill incident? Honest question as I know her almost exclusively for the gossip bites.

Rohirrim
04-27-2010, 07:47 AM
What worries me is that McDaniels seems to have such an emotional investment in Tebow that he won't be able to discern who is actually playing better and he'll just go with Tebow based on his competitive desire to be right about the gamble he took on him. If there's one thing I've learned about humans, they see what they want to see.

Eldorado
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Okay, I have read the entire thread.... Best read I have had in a long time, great comedic value, serious issues and people taking sides. I am just sorry I did not have a bowl of popcorn handy while I read this thread.

Best thread of the month by far.

You ****ing lied to me.

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I hadn't come across any stories that I recall her breaking recently. What has she broken since the Dwill incident? Honest question as I know her almost exclusively for the gossip bites.

The big steroid thing was her. I think she broke the T-Henry positive test and one of Marshall's big dramas too.

Mr.Meanie
04-27-2010, 08:36 AM
so can i call jay cutler a douchebag? Taco, you're setting a terrible and unreasonable standard, not to mention this is the internet.

Douchebag is mysogynistic. So no, you cant.

Kaylore
04-27-2010, 09:15 AM
True... but Lindsay Jones is just as hacky, and has broken zero news compared to a decent chunk that Josina has. I think Josina gets extra crap from her god awful abortion of the english language on twitter and some more due to her slant on the players side.

Imo, just about all of the Broncos beat writers are horrid.
I don't disagree with that. And for what its worth I've never ripped either one for being a slut. Just bad journalists.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Stupid bitch.

Crushaholic
04-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I know nothing of her...ahem...prowess...in certain matters, but I do know that her "tweeting" style makes her seem unintelligent. That's the only judgement I can make of her...

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't disagree with that. And for what its worth I've never ripped either one for being a slut. Just bad journalists.

Yeah, wasn't saying you were. I think the main issue is that we haven't had a beat writer worth a **** since Schefter, and quite frankly, all these "news" sources deserve to be going out of business.

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2010, 09:59 AM
This thread is pretty funny.

I must agree with those who say that misogyny is not what's going on here. I don't see the same people calling every woman a b**** etc.

It's just Josina quite frankly embodies the negativity of the Denver Broncos. I can't think of a positive thing she's written etc. It's always what drama can I stir up. She's a bane. An undercover Raider, constantly trying to make things worse for our team with her stupid unnamed sources always saying bad ****.

The term whore takes a different meaning in this case. Especially on the internet and in this day and age. As "whoring out" doesn't imply that she's a slut in real life, but that she will latch onto any minuscule stupid thing and blow it up so long as a story comes out of it.

Perhaps she is more akin to a mosquito?

An annoying little insect that will take a stab at any piece of flesh and will always leave a red lump behind.

OABB
04-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I can fix this.

all we have to do is change the word "whore" to "Josina" and everyone wins.

Josina is SOOOOO josina. see. problem solved.

theAPAOps5
04-27-2010, 11:12 AM

I can't believe I actually have to address this again. Thats not how it happened, I wasn't sacrificed. In fact after the dust settled Taco apologized to me for the whole situation not for putting it all on me but for creating the phrase that got us in trouble. I for one know that Taco is very embarrassed for his part too.

I was willing to leave the site if it meant getting credentials back. But Taco was adamantly against that and in fact wanted me to still contribute. But even if it was an accident its really embarrassing being the one who essentially got the media passes revoked over something that seemed innocent to the members of this site. The Broncos didn't see it as innocent and in hind sight I can understand why.

Its still something that is very embarrassing to me but I can say for sure that Taco has been only supportive and never sacrificed me for the the benefit of the site.

Taco is trying to stop some of the nastieness that goes on here which includes some of the crude comments that occur here. But don't think it has anything to do with getting press passes back.

Rohirrim
04-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I can't believe I actually have to address this again. Thats not how it happened, I wasn't sacrificed. In fact after the dust settled Taco apologized to me for the whole situation not for putting it all on me but for creating the phrase that got us in trouble. I for one know that Taco is very embarrassed for his part too.

I was willing to leave the site if it meant getting credentials back. But Taco was adamantly against that and in fact wanted me to still contribute. But even if it was an accident its really embarrassing being the one who essentially got the media passes revoked over something that seemed innocent to the members of this site. The Broncos didn't see it as innocent and in hind sight I can understand why.

Its still something that is very embarrassing to me but I can say for sure that Taco has been only supportive and never sacrificed me for the the benefit of the site.

Taco is trying to stop some of the nastieness that goes on here which includes some of the crude comments that occur here. But don't think it has anything to do with getting press passes back.

Yeah. It's getting a little too "middle school" around here. Some posters have to start reaching for a little maturity.

Miss I.
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
As a reporter, she's kinda duty bound to report such a comment.

If a former Broncos told her that and she did NOT pass it on, that would tick me off.

And yeah, it's probably Brandon.

Actually she's not. That's what gossips do, not reporters. The way I understood journalism, even TV journalism, even sports journalism, is that there are supposed to facts that are checked. Reporting every comment made about a team is not news, it's commentary. If she wants to report opinions she should start a gossip column or go on the View.

If she wants to report actual news, she should have more than someone's opinion that Brandstater is the guy. She should have video footage of his play, statistics of his play, tracked progress of his skills development in camp that can provide support to one person's opinion. When Watergate broke, the informant was only one piece of that puzzle, the piece that perhaps started the investigation that lead to facts to support a case.

Right now, she hasn't built a case for anything, except that she has no impulse control when it come to using Twitter (what an apt name I might add) and likes to gossip.

as for the use of the whore terminology, well that says more about the people using it then about her. People have some really stupid ideas about sex and gender, but we have stupid ideas about a lot of things (see every post by Bobo for goodness sakes).

now can we stop giving Josina more credit than she's due by continuously expounding upon her gossip. Peace brothers and sisters. :peace::twokisses

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I can't believe I actually have to address this again. Thats not how it happened, I wasn't sacrificed....

I mentioned that I'd look it up to reference why I interpreted it the way I did but as credentials is too common a word to find the threads (whereas the word whore is not, wtf?) I can't go back. It just gave the impression that the OM caved in that situation. For your part, as I've mentioned numerous times, I have all the respect.

As for the overall situation, I can absolutely agree if he just wants the place cleaned up. Where is the line drawn though? We're going to stake this claim of cleanup on someone who makes a living being irresponsible and starting drama while good contributing posters can be maliciously attacked and insulted on a daily basis? As I said, type whore into the search box and you can go all day long finding people who have been called whores. We're going to stop it though when this scum of a reporter gets bashed? I hope everyone can understand why the double take happened and it just immediately reminded me of that camp situation (which I may be remembering wrongly) and seemed an effort to not offend the locals. Why else would we stake our purification to freakin' Josina?

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah. It's getting a little too "middle school" around here. Some posters have to start reaching for a little maturity.

Which is a bigger issue, middle schoolishness or bad posters? I'd rather get rid of the trolls and Lex-types as I would say without a doubt it would create a better environment.

Treating a cold while ignoring a gunshot wound, in my eyes.

WABronco
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, wasn't saying you were. I think the main issue is that we haven't had a beat writer worth a **** since Schefter, and quite frankly, all these "news" sources deserve to be going out of business.

Schefter was a fkin whore too.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Somewhat, I think that TJ has to be watching some of the more outrageous posts becasue of libel and slander laws. Making statements , even on a message board such as this, that someone is a whore, or someone is getting their information by screwing someone else could be considered libelous or slanderous and a lawsuit could result, unless it can be PROVEN. And while that may be the opinion of a lot of people here, there is no doubt that it is mainly conjecture. Also doing so can get REAL expensive, if lawyers get involved.

Removing said offensive posts would be entirely within the purview of the board owner, and Mods, and in fact might be required, or a lawsuit could result. Talk back and forth between posters on the board is one thing, but saying something about a public figure, even one like Josina, is possibly a situation that could result in the Orange mane disappearing forever, and Isaac being out a substantial amount of money.

Actually I'm somewhat surprised the posts haven't been removed from this thread......

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Somewhat, I think that TJ has to be watching some of the more outrageous posts becasue of libel and slander laws. Making statements , even on a message board such as this, that someone is a whore, or someone is getting their information by screwing someone else could be considered libelous or slanderous and a lawsuit could result, unless it can be PROVEN. And while that may be the opinion of a lot of people here, there is no doubt that it is mainly conjecture. Also doing so can get REAL expensive, if lawyers get involved.

Removing said offensive posts would be entirely within the purview of the board owner, and Mods, and in fact might be required, or a lawsuit could result. Talk back and forth between posters on the board is one thing, but saying something about a public figure, even one like Josina, is possibly a situation that could result in the Orange mane disappearing forever, and Isaac being out a substantial amount of money.

Actually I'm somewhat surprised the posts haven't been removed from this thread......

1. People rarely pursue slander cases because the other team would obviously try to prove the truth of the matter. Unless Josina is clean as a whistle, that could only go downhill for her.

2. More importantly, many have said it's not necessarily a sex for information "whore" that we're referencing. It's the whole nature of character, the way she construes herself, the personality she exhibits that says there's exploitation and seedy tactics at work here. To some degree, just pretending to be someone's friend if your intention is merely using them for information is whoredom. There's no way this could ever be an issue, in my eyes. I'm not a lawyer though. It's solely ethical and moral, it seems.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
See post 2, 41 and then TJs response to the last in post 50.

In particular his use of the word SLANDER and the statement that it should be taken elsewhere unless the poster has proof!

Slander or in this case Libel, cause its written , is defined below:
from Websters
http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/libel

Main Entry: 1li·bel
Pronunciation: \ˈlī-bəl\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, written declaration, from Anglo-French, from Latin libellus, diminutive of liber book
Date: 14th century
1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means .

Both the statements in the posts are possibly actionable. People have got to think before they just post crap. The fact that this is the internet doesn't remove liability, and there are people that have been sued over less than this, and lost. She has to prove harm to her reputation, and even if its just here on this board that is all that is required.

Sure, the other side might be able to prove some truth...but that is going to cost more than most of us here would be able to afford, and it almost assuredly would result in TJ taking the board down. Lawyers aren't cheap.

I'm just saying that people really need to think about this, before they go calling ANYONE something defamatory. Just like losing the press passes last year...it can have consequences.

bloodsunday
04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Josina is a moron.

broncocalijohn
04-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Hahaha, what a useless whore.

Since it was by wireless communication then it was probably only Phone Sex and therefore doesnt count as being a whore.

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Very doubtful any person could prove that something said on the Orangemane damaged there reputation. It could happen but it's pretty rare.

bowtown
04-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Same thing.

You say hack, I say whore... let's call the whole thing off.

Mr.Meanie
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM

In particular his use of the word SLANDER and the statement that it should be taken elsewhere unless the poster has proof!

from Websters

Etymology: Middle English, written declaration, from Anglo-French, from Latin libellus, diminutive of liber book
1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means .

Both the statements in the posts are possibly actionable. People have got to think before they just post crap. The fact that this is the internet doesn't remove liability, and there are people that have been sued over less than this, and lost. She has to prove harm to her reputation, and even if its just here on this board that is all that is required.

Sure, the other side might be able to prove some truth...but that is going to cost more than most of us here would be able to afford, and it almost assuredly would result in TJ taking the board down. Lawyers aren't cheap.

I'm just saying that people really need to think about this, before they go calling ANYONE something defamatory. Just like losing the press passes last year...it can have consequences.

By that definition wouldn't calling someone a gossip queen and an embarrassment to journalism be libelous also? I think just about everyone on the this forum, and most likely everyone on the internet would be guilty of this at one point or another....

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 02:10 PM
By that definition wouldn't calling someone a gossip queen and an embarrassment to journalism be libelous also? I think just about everyone on the this forum, and most likely everyone on the internet would be guilty of this at one point or another....

Or everytime anyone repeats any rumor, at all, essentially. Anyone someone said Bush lied, OJ killed his wife, etc. Another reaching attempt at justification, in my opinion...

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Actually , unless you preface something with "in my opinion, ...." almost anything derogatory can probably be construed that way.

But when using a term such as whore, without clarifying the intended (gossip spreader for instance) meaning or making a statement that so and so did THIS , when it has a demeaning connotation, it is probably much more actionable. And no one here has any real proof that Josina has actually done
any of the things that some have accused her of. Saying that you THINK she is a bad journalist , or that you think she tweets rediculous statements that always seem to attack the current FO, is an opinion. Saying she IS a bad journalist is a different thing.

Generally if someone privately called a member of your family a whore, she and YOU would be offended. If someone posted it on a message board, someone might believe it. If that post got repeated on numerous boards in some way would it be libel? Would it damage your family members reputation?

The rule about attacking family needs to be applied in general. Josina is SOMEONES daughter, sister , girlfriend. Using a little common sense when making posts is all that is needed. Things that are said here are pretty much PERMANENT. There is a record of pretty much everything posted on the internet, sent in e-mail, etc.

Killericon
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM

from Websters

You're basing your opinion that a message board forum is possibly actionable off of something you found in the dictionary? Where in the hell did you go to law school?

While not disagreeing with you based on any particular piece of common law knowledge I posses, I can tell you that millions of people express such opinions of each other on the internet every day, and it's not like there's been a rash of forum-related lawsuits going around.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
You're basing your opinion that a message board forum is possibly actionable off of something you found in the dictionary? Where in the hell did you go to law school?

While not disagreeing with you based on any particular piece of common law knowledge I posses, I can tell you that millions of people express such opinions of each other on the internet every day, and it's not like there's been a rash of forum-related lawsuits going around.

There have been suits brought by companies against individuals for bashing products or items from that company that they purchased and had bad experiences with, on message boards. Didn't matter that they HAD a bad experience, if they bad mouth the company because of it they got sued.
Some that tried to defend it lost or had to issue retractions to get them
off their case, because they couldn't pay for legal defense.

Not saying that is the case here....Josina is self-promoting herself. Maybe she even likes the notoriety. But If FOX decides to do something about it for some reason it could be the equivalent situation.

I'm just saying that people should be more aware that this is a PUBLIC forum.

Popps
04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
The rule about attacking family needs to be applied in general. Josina is SOMEONES daughter, sister , girlfriend. .

The thing is, I agree with you, conceptually... but again, where do we allow for satire/parody?

You're comparing two people (on a message board) choosing to interact, and making very literal comments about each other... to someone making an obvious joke based on a public personality.

Every writer has faced criticism on this board. Her style is polarizing, and lends people to attacking her because she doesn't sound like a journalist. She sounds like a gossip-hound with a 3rd grade education.

She may be a wonderful person in real life. But, her persona as a writer leaves her open for attack, like any male writer. ("Burger Bill," etc.)
In fact, I'd imagine that most of the people here making jokes are really joking about that persona, rather than her actual character.

I'll honor Taco's wish, just because it's his place and he makes the rules. I have no problem with it. I mean, I've probably made 2 jokes on the matter among thousands.

I'm simply pointing out that the intent behind two people interacting on a literal level is somewhat different than someone making satiric inferences about a public figure for the purposes of comedy.

Popps
04-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm just saying that people should be more aware that this is a PUBLIC forum.

Again, overall... I definitely agree with you. I'm just not positive that this represents the best example of what you're talking about.

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Actually , unless you preface something with "in my opinion, ...." almost anything derogatory can probably be construed that way.

But when using a term such as whore, without clarifying the intended (gossip spreader for instance) meaning or making a statement that so and so did THIS , when it has a demeaning connotation, it is probably much more actionable. And no one here has any real proof that Josina has actually done
any of the things that some have accused her of. Saying that you THINK she is a bad journalist , or that you think she tweets rediculous statements that always seem to attack the current FO, is an opinion. Saying she IS a bad journalist is a different thing.

Generally if someone privately called a member of your family a whore, she and YOU would be offended. If someone posted it on a message board, someone might believe it. If that post got repeated on numerous boards in some way would it be libel? Would it damage your family members reputation?

The rule about attacking family needs to be applied in general. Josina is SOMEONES daughter, sister , girlfriend. Using a little common sense when making posts is all that is needed. Things that are said here are pretty much PERMANENT. There is a record of pretty much everything posted on the internet, sent in e-mail, etc.

Josina has no cause of action. She isn't damaged, she isn't losing job, the whole thing is stupid. **** that stupid lady who only has sex for fun!!!!!

broncocalijohn
04-27-2010, 03:05 PM

I agree. This is an opinion forum, not a news paper. It is our right to call someone what we believe they are. TJ has the right to ban someone based on rules and not rights because this is a private website and not everything goes. Calling Josina a whore in a post is an opinion and banning someone based on that would be troubling to me and make the Mane another Denver Broncos website forum. No thanks!

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Also you can get away with a lot when the person is a public figure. Actually if you go far enough you can just call it satire.

Otherwise don't you think Southpark would be getting sued all the time?

I couldn't be sued for anything I say here unless it caused someone to lose there job, or wife, or family, something. Just making fun of someone doesn't qualify or people would be getting sued all the time.

Southpark also made Kenny G a child molester lol!!!! This forum is not a news site. It is an entertainment site and therefore, IMO, is satire and not to be taken seriously.

Remember this is the place that came up with Mini-Nukes!!!!

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
It is a public forum, but it's for entertainment purposes only. It's not a news site, nothing here says that everything is true, nothing says the owner of the site agrees or endorses the things said. There is no less liability through censorship.

The whole notion this is to avoid lawsuits is laughable and among the funniest threads ever. The fact you are an attorney I guess makes it even better. My brother and all his lawyer friends will get a kick out of this story.

LOL be aware this is a public forum!!! friggin classic.

Oh by the way Scottyxray is an alien from another planet. He has come here to steal your babies and women. Can you sue me? Oh and that's not an opinion. I am saying I feel it's fact.

Of course in the end it doesn't matter what I say it is....It's satire and for entertainment only.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, I guess we have different opinions about some stuff. Thats fine.

It's TJs board, and what he does is fine too. I'm not calling for banning anyone, just saying what I find to be a possible situation that might happen, in certain circumstances. I'm not a lawyer, so unless someone out there is, I guess it's all conjecture.

Carry on.

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I agree. This is an opinion forum, not a news paper. It is our right to call someone what we believe they are. TJ has the right to ban someone based on rules and not rights because this is a private website and not everything goes. Calling Josina a whore in a post is an opinion and banning someone based on that would be troubling to me and make the Mane another Denver Broncos website forum. No thanks!

Yes I agree. This place is for entertainment, not news. People don't come here for news, we come for mini-nukes and throat punching truckers takes on life. ETC ETC.

TACO by all means has the power to regulate how he wants. The notion it could be for liability reasons though a joke. No self respecting attorney would even argue anything said here is actionable.

Now if someone did something really malicious, lied and got someone fired in the real world, now we have a problem. So if you did something to someone who posts on the board, you could be in real trouble.

But a public figure, a reporter, a player? and owner of a team? A president? lol no way they are fair game.

In fact i heard the other day that Mcdaniels and Tebow are both gay. Is that a mean thing to say.....Hell yeah but they can't sue me for it. It's satire.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 03:17 PM
It is a public forum, but it's for entertainment purposes only. It's not a news site, nothing here says that everything is true, nothing says the owner of the site agrees or endorses the things said. There is no less liability through censorship.

The whole notion this is to avoid lawsuits is laughable and among the funniest threads ever. The fact you are an attorney I guess makes it even better. My brother and all his lawyer friends will get a kick out of this story.

LOL be aware this is a public forum!!! friggin classic.

Oh by the way Scottyxray is an alien from another planet. He has come here to steal your babies and women. Can you sue me? Oh and that's not an opinion. I am saying I feel it's fact.

Of course in the end it doesn't matter what I say it is....It's satire and for entertainment only.

Damn,

My plan is Blown...have to contact the mother ship for further instructions.

Mr.Meanie
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
But when using a term such as whore, without clarifying the intended (gossip spreader for instance) meaning or making a statement that so and so did THIS , when it has a demeaning connotation, it is probably much more actionable.

So calling her an attention whore or a gossip whore is not actionable because "whore" was clarified?

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 03:52 PM
So calling her an attention whore or a gossip whore is not actionable because "whore" was clarified?

Obviously, there is a difference in the intended meaning, from just whore, which usually is taken to have a sexual connotation, and a negative one at that. As said "in my opinion" totally changes something from a statement presented as a fact, to one of opinion only.

Christ, lets just drop it. Iv'e said what my opinion is.

cutthemdown
04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Damn,

My plan is Blown...have to contact the mother ship for further instructions.

lol I wonder how much Josina charges............for a personal appearance to give a speech.............oh and then she can get down on her knees and...........pray for the Broncos. Hilarious!

Beam me up man this place blows!!

mhgaffney
04-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Also you can get away with a lot when the person is a public figure. Actually if you go far enough you can just call it satire.

Otherwise don't you think Southpark would be getting sued all the time?

I couldn't be sued for anything I say here unless it caused someone to lose there job, or wife, or family, something. Just making fun of someone doesn't qualify or people would be getting sued all the time.

Southpark also made Kenny G a child molester lol!!!! This forum is not a news site. It is an entertainment site and therefore, IMO, is satire and not to be taken seriously.

Remember this is the place that came up with Mini-Nukes!!!!

No, Cut. Wrong.

The Internet -- including the OM -- have unlimited opportunities. Your claim that this site is merely "entertainment" shows a lack of vision.

This site can become whatever we make of it. No reason the OM can't be educational --- as well as entertaining.

BTW, mini nukes are not some fantasy. Nor are they new. They do exist -- and have been around a long time.

Check out this declassified US military film a la 1962:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_q8q6Z9_I

Archer81
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I dont know much...but I know I lerve you ooh oh oh...

listopencil
04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
What the ****? Yesterday I'm in this thread and we're all just screwing around, making **** up, and giving a reporter a hard time because her journalism appears questionable. I've just got this one thing to say before I'm done with his dramatic pile:

People, representing the Orange Mane, have gone to official Broncos events as media.

If TJ wants that to continue, I imagine he has to curtail any defamation, libelous or slanderous, against other members of the media on his site.

Even disregarding that, it doesn't surprise me that TJ feels a sense of journalistic responsibility concerning what is posted on his site.

OABB
04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
What the ****? Yesterday I'm in this thread and we're all just screwing around, making **** up, and giving a reporter a hard time because her journalism appears questionable. I've just got this one thing to say before I'm done with his dramatic pile:

People, representing the Orange Mane, have gone to official Broncos events as media.

If TJ wants that to continue, I imagine he has to curtail any defamation, libelous or slanderous, against other members of the media on his site.

Even disregarding that, it doesn't surprise me that TJ feels a sense of journalistic responsibility concerning what is posted on his site.

hell, even the wall street journal online has a comments section complete with racist remarks, misoginy and all sorts of good stuff. It's the internet.

you know, 2 girls and one cup kind of stuff. it sounds like taco is boning some feminist and trying not to get put outside to be honest.

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 05:37 PM
hell, even the wall street journal online has a comments section complete with racist remarks, misoginy and all sorts of good stuff. It's the internet.

you know, 2 girls and one cup kind of stuff. it sounds like taco is boning some feminist and trying not to get put outside to be honest.

:rofl: you just don't give an inch... that's awesome!

TonyR
04-27-2010, 05:52 PM
...it doesn't surprise me that TJ feels a sense of journalistic responsibility concerning what is posted on his site.

You mean like calling the owner of the Denver Broncos a "gutless drunk"? That kind of "journalistic responsibility"?

theAPAOps5
04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
You mean like calling the owner of the Denver Broncos a "gutless drunk"? That kind of "journalistic responsibility"?

Perhaps you should go back and read this thread before commenting.

Circle Orange
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Studies also show that when people are exposed to more things in childhood, there is less stereotypical ignorance and false presumption. If you are raised in a multicultural neighborhood, a lot of stuff isn't a big deal and you don't get 'culture shock' when exposed to other people that don't happen to look like you. You're used to it so it ain't a thing.

Just sayin.' Sides, peanut butter goes with chocolate, and chocolate goes with everything. Except chicken, basketball, gangsta thugs and hambone.

And what any of this has to do with Brandstater, frick if I know.

TonyR
04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Perhaps you should go back and read this thread before commenting.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it some thought and get back to you.

theAPAOps5
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it some thought and get back to you.

Only reason I say that is because TJ already addressed this same comment in this the thread. So you just look like a jackass piling on.

ton80
04-27-2010, 08:52 PM

How do you know she is not a whore? Did you try and get a piece and get rejected?

What a tool.

Archer81
04-27-2010, 09:13 PM
How do you know she is not a whore? Did you try and get a piece and get rejected?

What a tool.

This should end well.

That One Guy
04-27-2010, 09:42 PM
This should end well.

Concur.

Where's that popcorn someone mentioned earlier?

BroncoBuff
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM

I agree with all of that. While it was your post that ticked Smyth off, it was understandable you were kidding around with that phrase, we all were. It was just that you were a poster AND a reporter. AND that he saw it. Can't blame you for blurring the line, I'm sure we all did.

Actually, the quickest way Josina has no cause of action because she's a public figure. And Scott you're right ... if a person says "in my opinion" when he makes an accusation or insult, that precludes defamation in almost every situation, even if he made it up out of thin air. You're also right that a corroborative source - a second confirming source - is the standard for hard news. But sports and other entertainment reporting has never gone by that standard. Even hard news reports with just one source, as long as they make clear it's the only source, "a senior administration official" for example.

BroncoBuff
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM

What a tool.
Man, I hope you're going for a laugh there ...

Blueflame
04-28-2010, 11:41 PM
It's not that difficult to understand where TJ is coming from.... the terms "b*tch" and "wh*re" are "incendiary". Most men would be quite offended if either term were aimed at their mother, sister or daughter... they're words that are generally considered offensive.... "fighting words" if you will....

Pseudofool
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
It's not that difficult to understand where TJ is coming from.... the terms "b*tch" and "wh*re" are "incendiary". Most men would be quite offended if either term were aimed at their mother, sister or daughter... they're words that are generally considered offensive.... "fighting words" if you will....While it's not difficult to understand, there's a cultural incentive to keep quite about, well, misogyny. Especially in hypermasculine spaces, such as a football message board. This is a long way of giving TJ props, and shaming those that would question the instinct to shut down gender hate.