PDA

View Full Version : A former bronco said that Brandstater is the best QB we have

Pages : 1 [2]

Blueflame
04-29-2010, 12:23 AM
While it's not difficult to understand, there's a cultural incentive to keep quite about, well, misogyny. Especially in hypermasculine spaces, such as a football message board. This is a long way of giving TJ props, and shaming those that would question the instinct to shut down gender hate.

Point is... if one wouldn't want to see a particular derogatory term applied to one of one's own female relatives.... then perhaps it might be best to edit that term out of one of one's own posts before clicking "submit reply"...

I think the Mane... and cyberspace in general... may have become less civil simply because of the ability to marginalize (de-humanize) opposing viewpoints. Your point seems to be that females on a football forum should expect misogyny and bias against them solely on the basis of gender. It's the 21st century now... and football fans do come in both genders.

Circle Orange
05-02-2010, 08:19 AM
It's not that difficult to understand where TJ is coming from.... the terms "b*tch" and "wh*re" are "incendiary". Most men would be quite offended if either term were aimed at their mother, sister or daughter... they're words that are generally considered offensive.... "fighting words" if you will....

yah, most of the derogatory stuff is either 'female based symbology' towards the negative. The most overused word right now is "DB". (after a hygenie product, shall we say).

Man, every clown on the web thinks they're "cool and hip" by constantly throwing that term out there. I don't know who got the trend started, but I personally would like to stomp them in the nuts until they beg for mercy. http://scosoft.com/s/e/7237116b.gif

As for what this has to do with Brandstater, I still have no idea.

That One Guy
05-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Well I guess it's clear to see that some people still seem to completely miss the point here. Nobody really cares if he wants to clean the place up, that's fine. It's that he's hitching that wagon to Josina. Is someone going to a get a ban threat everytime they call someone a whore from here on out? Is there a list of insults that are no longer allowed to be flung on what Taco himself has opted not to heavily regulate in the past? Is it merely a situation where you can't insult those who don't regularly visit the boards to defend themselves?

Quite often, particularly in the off-season, we have political threads in the Main Board and the insults hurled in those make calling Josina a whore look like a Hallmark birthday card. If you want to be taken seriously, the rules just have to be applied fairly and evenly. If you selectively enforce rules of conduct that are seemingly created on a whim, people will just suspect you have an agenda.

Florida often gets upset about cop bashing threads. I've seen some get a little rough when everyone starts piling on.

There's a few common military bashers. Is baby killer really all that much better than calling Josina a whore?

Palin has been called more names than anyone else on the board probably with ex-president Bush trailing a close 2nd. In a time where our troops are still being killed in war zones, is it really so morally sound to be talking about our presidents as racists, murderers, etc?

I could go on all day. Mock gets hammered by folks on here. Barryr and... Broncofan7 is it? get called racists on a daily basis....

You get the point.

cutthemdown
05-02-2010, 03:41 PM
You mean like calling the owner of the Denver Broncos a "gutless drunk"? That kind of "journalistic responsibility"?

Classic.

OABB
05-02-2010, 04:16 PM
yah, most of the derogatory stuff is either 'female based symbology' towards the negative. The most overused word right now is "DB". (after a hygenie product, shall we say).

Man, every clown on the web thinks they're "cool and hip" by constantly throwing that term out there. I don't know who got the trend started, but I personally would like to stomp them in the nuts until they beg for mercy. http://scosoft.com/s/e/7237116b.gif

As for what this has to do with Brandstater, I still have no idea.

What a douchebag.

oubronco
05-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Are we still talking about Brandstater?

Circle Orange
05-02-2010, 05:11 PM
What a douchebag.

Precisely, you sack of meat. My point is made. :stirstir:

Eventually all this will connect with Brandstater, but I doubt it.

ELEVATION
05-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Andra Davis
Brandon Marshall
Chad Jackson
Kenny Peterson
etc...

IDK seems to me like Marshall is a little above Josina's paygrade.

former florida gator bust, who was in TC last year with brandstater and was cut by team before season...jackson is a florida Alum and knows all about the tebow hoopla put 2 and 2 together.....and my guess is Chad jackson is our mystery person....

That One Guy
05-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Oh, and just to pile on, I saw one of those keywords that made the lightbulb click on in my head. While we're busy not making fun of Josina, has anyone stopped by McFoneco's thread? I'd hate to lose that one but I'm just pointing out that the Josina treatment happens regularly.

theAPAOps5
05-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Are we still talking about Brandstater?

Where we ever!

Oh and I think its classic your adopt a Bronco is Bannan a CU Buff, I knew you were a closet buff fan!