PDA

View Full Version : Shannhan betting that Oakland makes playoffs...

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Its a conditional pick - Raiders have to make the playoffs or Jason Campbell has to make the ProBowl before Oakland would have to give up the pick.

ESPN John Clayton: For years the Oakland Raiders have been rightfully criticized for reaching for speedy players who can't produce on the field. got it right this year. He added to a solid draft by picking up Campbell for a conditional fourth-round pick, whose conditions appear to be unachievable. For the Redskins to get that fourth-round pick, the Raiders would either have to make the playoffs or Campbell would have to go to the Pro Bowl. Odds of that are about as good as JaMarcus Russell being on the Raiders' roster this fall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ohn&id=5132435

PRBronco
04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Lol, Davis will tank the season (even worse than usual) just to spite Shanny.

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Lol, Davis will tank the season (even worse than usual) just to spite Shanny.

Somethings fishy here... I don't trust Ratboy. Either he thinks Campbell sucks & he's sticking it to the Raiders, or he thinks Campbell is great & he's sticking it to the Broncos. He's up to something....

atomicbloke
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Wonder what Shanny thinks of the Bailey - Portis trade now.

Taco John
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Somethings fishy here... I don't trust Ratboy. Either he thinks Campbell sucks & he's sticking it to the Raiders, or he thinks Campbell is great & he's sticking it to the Broncos. He's up to something....

He, of course, thinks that Campbell sucks - hence he is trading him away instead of using him.

Kaylore
04-26-2010, 04:53 PM
He, of course, thinks that Campbell sucks - hence he is trading him away instead of using him.

Thank you. Jeez you people are ridiculous. Like Campbell is really awesome but he's mad at us he's trading his good players to our opponents to spite us even if it weakens his own team. Yeah, that's what he's doing. :tinfoilha

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Wonder what Shanny thinks of the Bailey - Portis trade now.

I think he tries to sign Champ after this coming season is what I think.

Dogsweat
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM

I agree, Shanny is to much of Master when it comes to his hatred for the Raiders.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Thank you. Jeez you people are ridiculous. Like Campbell is really awesome but he's mad at us he's trading his good players to our opponents to spite us even if it weakens his own team. Yeah, that's what he's doing. :tinfoilha

No kidding .... that's just ridiculous. Sounds like it was basically a giveaway, but Mike would've taken more if somebody would've offered, can't imagine arguing that point.

And remember Campbell had already been grousing about other quarterbacks on the roster before McNabb, that he deserved to start, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't want him around now ... McNabb and Grossman and Brennan are enough.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 07:14 PM

I dunno ... based on the compensation, basically nothing, Raiders might've been his only choice to off the guy. Besides, there's obviously somebody new calling the shots in Oakland, and they need a new quarterback, so it's entirely possible this was just a cold hard football move.

gunns
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM

My personal opinion is that Campbell sucks but have to admit I had to wonder if he wasn't getting a little dig into the Broncos there, saying the Raiders would make the playoffs.

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Rumors, anyone?

FURTHER UPDATES

Terrell Owens and the Oakland Raiders are currently negotiating on a contract. TO wants to play for the Raiders and there is mutual interest on both sides. His agent is an arse though. It’s going to come down to $$$, but if Mr. Davis wants him, TO will sign a contract to wear the silver and black. I’m sure this story will develop in the near future…….

Alan Faneca is in the final stages of negotiations with the Oakland Raiders. Faneca has been offered more money by the Raiders than what the Houston Texans were willing to pay for his services. Faneca reportedly “likes what we are doing” as an organization and is expected to put pen to paper officially within the next few days.
by Spirals galore on Apr 26, 2010 7:05 AM PDT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/384747-nfl-beware-the-autumn-wind-is-starting-to-blow-again

Paladin
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Money grabs them by the balls and their little hearts and minds follow......

That's recruiting......

rastaman
04-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I agree, Shanny is to much of Master when it comes to his hatred for the Raiders.

Bailey will want to go back to the team that initially drafted him and back to the HC that made him the richiest CB in the NFL. It will be an easy decision for Champ b/c in 2011 Ole' Josh will have the NE Philosophy of low balling players contracts in full swing.:sunshine:

loborugger
04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Rumors, anyone?

FURTHER UPDATES

Terrell Owens and the Oakland Raiders are currently negotiating on a contract. TO wants to play for the Raiders and there is mutual interest on both sides. His agent is an arse though. It’s going to come down to $$$, but if Mr. Davis wants him, TO will sign a contract to wear the silver and black. I’m sure this story will develop in the near future…….

Alan Faneca is in the final stages of negotiations with the Oakland Raiders. Faneca has been offered more money by the Raiders than what the Houston Texans were willing to pay for his services. Faneca reportedly “likes what we are doing” as an organization and is expected to put pen to paper officially within the next few days.
by Spirals galore on Apr 26, 2010 7:05 AM PDT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/384747-nfl-beware-the-autumn-wind-is-starting-to-blow-again

TO and the Foneco??? Ohz noz!

azbroncfan
04-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Bailey will want to go back to the team that initially drafted him and back to the HC that made him the richiest CB in the NFL. It will be an easy decision for Champ b/c in 2011 Ole' Josh will have the NE Philosophy of low balling players contracts in full swing.:sunshine:

The NE, Pitt, and INDY philosophy of low balling and not overpaying FA's that your not a fan of has won a lot more than the poor drafting signing expensive bust FA's that Al Davis, Shanny, Jones, and Snyder's employ.

24champ
04-27-2010, 12:02 AM

Champ probably will go back, he doesn't have a wife anymore that tells him what to do. He's a free man.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Champ probably will go back, he doesn't have a wife anymore that tells him what to do. He's a free man.

Since when did this happen? I didn't hear anything about Champ getting a divorce.

watermock
04-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Your a Mormon, and a Genetic abortion.

Right Kaylore?

Idiot

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svfxSscxh8o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svfxSscxh8o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

24champ
04-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Since when did this happen? I didn't hear anything about Champ getting a divorce.

Long time ago, it's been pretty low key split.

Here's the latest I can find on that situation...

http://www.denverpost.com/pennyparker/ci_13735367

It's been said that his ex-wife was the one that wanted out of D.C. not Champ. Combine that with Champ being ignored from this front office on extensions, I say it's a good bet this is his last season in a Broncos Uni.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2010, 12:15 AM

Right Kaylore?

Idiot

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svfxSscxh8o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svfxSscxh8o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mock....do you really need to be making unprovoked personal and religious attacks against other people for no reason? "Your a Mormon and a Genetic abortion...right Kaylore?". You know better.

See you back in a week.

OABB
04-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Mock....do you really need to be making unprovoked personal and religious attacks against other people for no reason? "Your a Mormon and a Genetic abortion...right Kaylore?". You know better.

See you back in a week.

Awesome.

Broncobiv
04-27-2010, 12:38 AM

Right Kaylore?

Idiot

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/7281/original/blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Dr.5280
04-27-2010, 01:14 AM
A seven-day-suspension could prove a lifetime suspension for poor old Watermock. Any bets?

rastaman
04-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Long time ago, it's been pretty low key split.

Here's the latest I can find on that situation...

http://www.denverpost.com/pennyparker/ci_13735367

It's been said that his ex-wife was the one that wanted out of D.C. not Champ. Combine that with Champ being ignored from this front office on extensions, I say it's a good bet this is his last season in a Broncos Uni.

Nothing new. Professional athletes towards the end of their careers usually see their wives leave and split their property, investments, net-worth right down the middle, while leaving any outstanding debt, alimony, child support etc to the athlete to deal with.

Also, lets not forget how immediate familly members and relatives all find ways to live the opulent lifestyle at the athletes expense as well. Remember, when these athletes initially sign these rich contracts, they are automatically in the 50% tax bracket(s) until they can find tax loopholes to dramatically lower their taxes, and some athletes fail to even do this.

Meanwhile the athlete buys expensive homes in several cities of which they own outright....they're just paying the mortgage. You factor in the luxury cars, clothing, vacation-party-travel expenses and jewelry etc, its not a surprise by any stretch to see why athletes experience financial problems.

Thus we see why at least 70-75 percent of the athletes retire broke or in deep financial trouble/bankruptcy. With these untimely divorces the athletes also learn their business's or business ventures have gone south and their money manager(s) have stolen or mis-invested $10's millions from them.

Most of these athletes marry their HS or college sweet-hearts or beautiful-sexy women who socialize at venues where these rich athletes hang-out. These women all have grandiose dreams of latching to the athlete's who have singed contracts worth 10's or 100's of millions so they can enjoy the opulent lifestyle.

And the bet goes on.

rastaman
04-27-2010, 04:42 AM
The NE, Pitt, and INDY philosophy of low balling and not overpaying FA's that your not a fan of has won a lot more than the poor drafting signing expensive bust FA's that Al Davis, Shanny, Jones, and Snyder's employ.

Its a little more complicated than that and not quite as simple as you make it out to be. NE, Pitt, and Indy pay the boat load of the money to the QB's, and key players on both sides of the ball, and their FO/GM just know how to draft and develop talent. Not all franchises can accomplish this and of course finding-drafting the franchise QB and not trading the QB is key to making it all happen. :~ohyah!:

Broncojef
04-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Its worth giving him away just to alleviate a guy moping on the sidelines thinking he should be starting all season long. Campbell will be lucky to find a starting gig let alone go to the ProBowl and when looking consistently at who will most likely be the playoff teams the Raiders aren't really that close. Shanny just dealt his unwanted baggage to Al....it says alot about a guy when a coach gives an enemy owner a QB.

broncswin
04-27-2010, 07:36 AM
wow...it might be sane around here for a week...have fun with the fur balls LMAO

robbieopperude
04-27-2010, 09:26 AM
If the Raiders pick up T.O and Foneco I am thinking they will be around an 8-8 ballclub this year.

azbroncfan
04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Its a little more complicated than that and not quite as simple as you make it out to be. NE, Pitt, and Indy pay the boat load of the money to the QB's, and key players on both sides of the ball, and their FO/GM just know how to draft and develop talent. Not all franchises can accomplish this and of course finding-drafting the franchise QB and not trading the QB is key to making it all happen. :~ohyah!:

QB is the only position they hold on to the rest they don't overpay for.

DeuceOfClub
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Shanahan betting that Oakland makes playoffs...

This just stupid, Shanahan ain't betting on the Raiders to do squat.
He (and the Redskins) tried to get 3 first rounds for campbell but in the end they had to settle for what he's worth: which is, basically, nothing.

Since the trade, I hear all the talking heads saying that Campbell biggest problem is that in 4 years he had 4 different O-Coordinators and was never had a real chance to succeed. Well, guess what? next year he's gonna' have his 5th O-Coordinator and most likely in 2011 he will be coached by the 6th one. (Raiders coaching cycle is at a 2-years max). add the fact that he will play for the most dysfunctional organization in professional sport (not to mention, no WRs, or line) and his chances does not look good IMO.

The Raiders are a 4-5 wins team, deal with it.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
This just stupid, Shanahan ain't betting on the Raiders to do squat.
He (and the Redskins) tried to get 3 first rounds for campbell but in the end they had to settle for what he's worth: which is, basically, nothing.

Since the trade, I hear all the talking heads saying that Campbell biggest problem is that in 4 years he had 4 different O-Coordinators and was never had a real chance to succeed. Well, guess what? next year he's gonna' have his 5th O-Coordinator and most likely in 2011 he will be coached by the 6th one. (Raiders coaching cycle is at a 2-years max). add the fact that he will play for the most dysfunctional organization in professional sport (not to mention, no WRs, or line) and his chances does not look good IMO.

Unfortunately, I disagree. Raiders made significant strides in the draft and they are getting a pretty good Defense put together (so is KC). Getting a better QB in will help them a lot, even if Campbell may not be the MAN. Even crazy AL now seems to realise he can't waste his draft every year, and appears to be showing Jabarcus the HUT the door. They still have a ways to go, but they will be improved this year, and if so expect the coaching carousel to end. While it has been fun to see them (or KC) in the cellar for the last decade, they are not going to be an automatic win, (and in fact have been pretty good at splitting with us even at their worst). I think all three of the lower teams in the AFC West improved themselves this year, hopefully US more than the others, but that won't be known for a year or two. But we all have more or less the same schedule, and so they also will probably win more games. Oakland will probably win at least 6-7 games, and 8-8 is possible, maybe even probable.

Division games will be very critical this year, even more so than usual, because division losses will probably be what could keep us out of the playoffs. We have to go at least 4-2, and at least split with SD.

Hopefully both Oakland and KC can rise up and split games with SD, and hopefully we can do better than they. But no one should take them for granted.

azbroncfan
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Your nuts if you don't think the Fade have improved. They were more than 4-5 win team last year and average QB makes a big difference than a garbage one. Russell is like having no QB on offense. They had a decent draft, signed some good FA's, and if they land Faneca and Owens they could be a 9 win team. They have seemed to split with us easily the past few years.

DeuceOfClub
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
2003: 4 wins.
2004: 5 wins.
2005: 4 wins.
2006: 2 wins.
2007: 4 wins.
2008: 5 wins.
2009: 5 wins.

And suddenly, because of a "good draft" and Jason Campbell they are a .500 team or better?

the organization is much further than few good player to be a contender... it is filled with sub-par to poor coaches, scouts and yesmans. it's fully under control by an aging, senile, lunatic Tsar who's last touch with reality was about 10 years ago.

Their rooster (with few exceptions) is filled with over-hyped, under-achieved busts and mercenaries who knows they're in a bad place and are either satisfy with the money that's being thrown at them or waiting for the first opportunity to leave.

with 8 years of top draft picks and enough stupid fans to help pay for the occasional good free-agent and pride of some players they will be able to avoid the embarrassing 0-1 wins season.

But .500? not in Al's life time!

The Chiefs BTW are gonna be worst next season.

I'll take under 9.5 wins for both franchises together (and that's include the 2 guaranteed wins from the head to head games)

:welcome:

azbroncfan
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
But .500? not in Al's life time!

The Chiefs BTW are gonna be worst next season.

I'll take under 9.5 wins for both franchises together (and that's include the 2 guaranteed wins from the head to head games)

:welcome:

Yes I would take the under at 9.5 but as bad as Oakland has been they have been in the SB within past 10 years and no other AFCW team can say that. It's sad how far this division has fell.

Ugly Duck
04-27-2010, 06:15 PM
My personal opinion is that Campbell sucks

I really don't know much about Campbell so I just checked his stats on ESPN.com..... they are nearly identical to Kyle Orton's. And that's without Clady to protect him or Marshall to throw to:

rk……qb……......pct…..yds/a…..rate…..yds/g
14…Orton……...62.1…..7.03…..86.8…...238
15…Campbell...64.5…..7.14…..86.4…...226

Dogsweat
04-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Pro Football Talk is reporting the Raiders may cut Russell by the end of the week.

Kaylore
04-27-2010, 07:04 PM

See you back in a week.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eo-KmOd3i7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eo-KmOd3i7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BroncoBuff
04-29-2010, 12:02 AM

See you back in a week.

Sheesh, when are guys gonna learn?

I keep telling them, THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN. And his name is SoCalBronco.

Ugly Duck
04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Campbell will be lucky to find a starting gig let alone go to the ProBowl

Kaylore
04-29-2010, 08:08 AM

Anyone who's watched Campbell knows those stats are reflective of him going Chad Pennington every play and dumping the ball off so his QB rating is pretty, even if the offense isn't moving. He'll kill you on third and long when he throws three yard passes and you find yourself punting. He plays scared.

PRBronco
04-29-2010, 08:12 AM
2003: 4 wins.
2004: 5 wins.
2005: 4 wins.
2006: 2 wins.
2007: 4 wins.
2008: 5 wins.
2009: 5 wins.

:rofl:

TonyR
04-29-2010, 08:13 AM
I really don't know much about Campbell so I just checked his stats on ESPN.com..... they are nearly identical to Kyle Orton's. And that's without Clady to protect him or Marshall to throw to...

Campbell is a lot more talented than Orton, and has more "upside", but Orton is probably a slightly better QB right now. Perhaps Orton is better for McD's system than Campbell but ceteris paribus, given the choice, I'd probably take Campbell.

TonyR
04-29-2010, 08:16 AM
He plays scared.

I agree with that. He's kind of blah and it doesn't seem like he has the mental fortitude to ever harness his talent and put his physical talents to full use on the football field. Every once in a while you see flashes of what he's potentially capable of but I think he'll probably always be a disappointment. That said he's an upgrade for the Raiders.

Captain 'Dre
04-29-2010, 08:56 AM
All I can say is, Campbell is SO much better than JaMarcus "Jack Terrier" Russell that the Raiders can't help but be a better team.

Not saying they'll be GOOD... just significantly better than last year.

Dumping Russell is a classic example of addition by subtraction. Ha!

Ugly Duck
04-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Anyone who's watched Campbell knows those stats are reflective of him going Chad Pennington every play and dumping the ball off

Campbell's yds/a is higher that Orton's, maybe he's dumping off at a similar rate...