PDA

View Full Version : Jags cut Henderson

Doggcow
04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
What would you guys think about bringing him in?

Also Clint Ingram

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5136281

After using their top two picks on defensive tackles, the Jacksonville Jaguars are saying goodbye to the best one the franchise has known.

Jacksonville will release former Pro Bowl defensive tackle John Henderson on Monday, according to a source close to the situation.

Kuharsky ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

Henderson had two years and $11 million remaining on his contract, and Jacksonville felt more comfortable not paying it and relying on its rookies.

With the 10th overall pick, the Jaguars selected California defensive tackle Tyson Alualu and with their second pick, Jacksonville took Louisiana Tech defensive tackle D'Anthony Smith in the third round.

Henderson will be free to sign with any team.

Before the weekend, the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants had expressed some interest.

The Jaguars also withdrew their tender offer to linebacker Clint Ingram, making him an unrestricted free agent.

broncocalijohn
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I think they cut him based on money not performance and the Jags drafted to replace him. If Bowlen has the cash to pop him in, why not? I am not an expert on him but I think I would want him more than (should I even say it?) Foneco.

Doggcow
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I think they cut him based on money not performance and the Jags drafted to replace him. If Bowlen has the cash to pop him in, why not? I am not an expert on him but I think I would want him more than (should I even say it?) Foneco.

Yeah, definitely looks like a money move.

I think Henderson, Jamal, and whoever else we want would be a solid NT rotation.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Sure. If he's better than any of the older vets we already have. I wouldn't want us to sign him and then have to cut a promising young guy, but if he can replace another aging vet then yeah.

Traveler
04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
He already has a visit setup for tomorrow with KC.

Broncoman13
04-26-2010, 12:18 PM
If we grab Henderson, I hope we'd play him at DE. Talk about some size on the DL!!!

What's the book on Ingram. Can he play in the middle?

oubronco
04-26-2010, 05:16 PM
If we grab Henderson, I hope we'd play him at DE. Talk about some size on the DL!!!

What's the book on Ingram. Can he play in the middle?

Ingram played in the middle at OU

Mr.Meanie
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I pray to Tebow we make this happen. Our D-Line would have a ridiculous rotation.

This would turn a great offseason into an incredible one, IMO.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Imagine Henderson + Haynesworth in Washington if they stayed with a 4-3.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
He already has a visit setup for tomorrow with KC.

**** Pioli, that god damned cock bite.

Who's up for cutting Ron Fields for Henderson???

KCStud
04-26-2010, 07:01 PM
At 6'7" 335 lbs this guy has to be a NT. Hell yes Pioli bring him in!!!

spdirty
04-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Geez, Doom might break the sack record if we got Henderson here.

eddie mac
04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Henderson has been on the downslide for a while now. The Jags D went to **** once they let their best player go in Stroud.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
A Jags friend of mine said if I didn't want Tebow, he'd take him. I said sure, as long as you give us Henderson.

I say GO FOR IT!

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
The Jags were a 4-3 defense, unless they changed when Stroud left?

Mogulseeker
04-26-2010, 07:35 PM
The Jags were a 4-3 defense, unless they changed when Stroud left?

Doesn't matter, Henderson can play NT. He's bigger than some of our NT's, anyway.

extralife
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I think I'd rather have Adalius Thomas

Popps
04-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Isn't 6'7" a little tall for a NT?

Seems the standard has NTs around 6'3"ish. Usually pretty round guys. Henderson almost seems to be a better DE candidate for us than a NT.

I doubt we look at him. Doesn't seem to really fit the mold.

Popps
04-26-2010, 07:41 PM

I worry about head-case guys. But, I suppose it depends how cheaply you can acquire him. He's certainly "on sale" right now, given his NE experience.

spdirty
04-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Not a chance in hell he comes here.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Isn't 6'7" a little tall for a NT?

Seems the standard has NTs around 6'3"ish. Usually pretty round guys. Henderson almost seems to be a better DE candidate for us than a NT.

I doubt we look at him. Doesn't seem to really fit the mold.

In the 3-4, I want a TALL NT to gobble up the QB's passing lane vision.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
In the 3-4, I want a TALL NT to gobble up the QB's passing lane vision.

Henderson knows how to deflect the ball too. Personally I'd take him to prevent KC from getting him. It gives us a 1-2 punch with Williams and Henderson since they're both starting to get up there. It keeps them both fresh and with a full motor.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Henderson knows how to deflect the ball too. Personally I'd take him to prevent KC from getting him. It gives us a 1-2 punch with Williams and Henderson since they're both starting to get up there. It keeps them both fresh and with a full motor.

There's a reason why arm length is considered just as important for linemen as height.

azbroncfan
04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I'll take a flyer that he ends up in Atlanta.

Traveler
04-27-2010, 04:11 AM
I'll take a flyer that he ends up in Atlanta.

Isn't Mike Smith his former DL coach from J-Ville?

The Joker
04-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Jacksonville played a little bit of 3-4 at times last year and he played DE in that.

If we could get him for a reasonable deal I'd be all up for it. I'm unconvinced by our starting DE's outside of Bannan, so he'd be filling a need.

Bannan - Williams - Henderson would be a lot of meat on the D-Line and would give us a stout run D.

The issue with him is motivation, perhaps a change of scenery would be just what he needs.

ZONA
04-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Henderson played his best ball when Stroud was next to him. When Stroud left, Henderson just wasn't a dominant force anymore. If we didn't sign Williams already, I'd say sure, bring him in. But I'd rather keep developing the younger guys behind Williams. I don't think this guy brings much more then Fields would give ya. If he was still a great player, the Jags would not have drafted 2 NT's and let him go.