PDA

View Full Version : Pulse of the Mane: The post-2010 Draft McDaniels/Xanders approval rating

montrose
04-26-2010, 09:19 AM
They've done things some people like, and some people haven't. Cutler and Marshall are gone, Tebow and Thomas are here. They wen't 6-0 and finished 2-8. They've traded players and draft picks, signed free agents and tried changing a culture. There've been consistent fan boys, haters and fence riders - but I'm interested to see how much things have possibly swayed.

No middle ground here, you approve or disapprove.

Rabb
04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
approve, this team is heading in the right direction

Williams
04-26-2010, 09:30 AM

+1

Ramathorn
04-26-2010, 09:35 AM
DISSAPROVE. I dont care what anyone says. Its my opinion. If douche mcdaniels and xanders were on fire, i wouldnt piss on em to put it out.

Shoemaker
04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Approval from me.

We're building the lines and adding tough, smart, high-character football players.

What's not to like?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Garcia Bronco
04-26-2010, 09:37 AM
I approve. The results need to come.

Garcia Bronco
04-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Approval from me.

We're building the lines and adding tough, smart, high-character football players.

What's not to like?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Probably something that is completely unrelated to football.

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2010, 09:41 AM
if i thought that we would be a playoff/championship team by now with direction we were going previously then i'd disapprove...

but we weren't IMO so i approve thus far...

we seem to be building a team the right way...

Ambiguous
04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
They've done things some people like, and some people haven't. Cutler and Marshall are gone, Tebow and Thomas are here. They wen't 6-0 and finished 2-8. They've traded players and draft picks, signed free agents and tried changing a culture. There've been consistent fan boys, haters and fence riders - but I'm interested to see how much things have possibly swayed.

No middle ground here, you approve or disapprove.

We not?

Moving on, I approve. :)

bloodsunday
04-26-2010, 09:49 AM
I've said all along they have a plan that I like. They are attempting to execute it, but it will take 2 - 3 years to know. I hope they continue to draft OL, DL, and LB to build the core of our team. But on occasion, if you feel strongly, you have to go get a guy.

At the end of the day W/L are all I really care about. So, I will ultimately judge them on that. But I will give them a little slack as they try to make over this roster and change the culture and systems from the Shanahan Era. I think we have to give McDaniels this season and 2011 (assuming we have football) to know.

TheReverend
Approve.

We lose Nolan, but found a great replacement in Wink and the defense looks deeper and more solid than last season, barring some seriously untimely aging from the secondary.

Wish we would've kept Ben Hamilton to assist the growth of our youth and as an insurance policy at C, but the OL also looks deeper and nastier than last year.

Drafted two highly rated receivers because Gaffney is... well, Gaffney, so our WR corps should be solid sooner than later.

Lastly, one of the more puzzling McD decisions of moving forward with Orton was shown to be a vote of zero confidence by trading for Quinn and drafting Tebow. Our scrub journeyman is on borrowed time, and the Broncos have a future again.

Well done, Josh.

lostknight
For the first time ever, I will approve, solely on the basis of the Tebow pick.

Irish Stout
04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I see Rock Chalk disapproved. I haven't seen him posting any of his slightly obnoxious, yet entertaining posts recently. Hope he's not too ticked off to contribute anymore.

Regardless, I approve of the moves and the direction. Once we acquired a plethora of picks on Thursday night, I was initially shocked and disapproving of trading a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get Tebow, but I am convinced we snagged him out from under Buffaloe's nose and I therefore approve McD getting a player he obviously feels so strongly about.

gyldenlove
04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Approve, there is no evidence that we are going in the wrong direction so far.

Taco John
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Approve. It's not exactly what I would have hoped, but all in all, they had a great offseason and have brought some excitement and intrigue into the 2010 season. Right now I feel like this team is capable of a playoff birth, and ultimately, that's what counts.

Rohirrim
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Definitely approve. We're getting bigger, smarter and meaner. No more getting stuffed on fourth and one. Now, Josh just has to realize RULE NUMBER ONE: YOU DO NOT ALLOW THE CHIEFS AND RAIDERS TO BEAT YOU IN YOUR OWN HOUSE! ABSOLUTELY VERBOTEN!

Other than that, we're headed in the right direction.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I see Rock Chalk disapproved. I haven't seen him posting any of his slightly obnoxious, yet entertaining posts recently. Hope he's not too ticked off to contribute anymore.

Regardless, I approve of the moves and the direction. Once we acquired a plethora of picks on Thursday night, I was initially shocked and disapproving of trading a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get Tebow, but I am convinced we snagged him out from under Buffaloe's nose and I therefore approve McD getting a player he obviously feels so strongly about.

He's busy and probably won't have too much time to be posting for a little while. But he'll be around.

SureShot
04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.athleticsalberta.com/UserFiles/Image/approved_black.GIF

RaiderH8r
04-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Since there's no middle ground I have to disapprove. Although I disapprove less today than I did last Wednesday.

Still don't like shipping Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler. Still very disgruntled that Fonzi Smith required the Ghost of Ty Law to come in and play in his stead. A little miffed that we used a 1st round pick to get a guy who reminds the HC of the 100 catch/yr guy he just sent out of town.

The Tebow pick...welp...its growing on me. I cringed a little at the outset but got over that quickly. Anybody who watches him knows he's an athletic freak and a sickeningly good guy that everybody around him seems to love...which will drive Fade/Chug/Chef fans nuts. They'll buy his jerseys just to piss on them. McKid made Denver the "one to watch" for a couple of years at least. We're going to get coverage, good or bad. I like the ballsiness of the move.

We went way heavy on O this year, particularly OL. Had to be done. Don't like that we're still thin on D but, on the other hand, if you're going to address something do it once and be done with it for the near future. Hopefully we can get value and talent for the D in next year's draft.

All in all I give them an A for working the board for their picks. It's clear they knew what they wanted and made the moves to get it. Whether or not you agree on who was picked is a different issue. I don't think anybody can criticize how the board was manipulated this weekend.

Picks I give them a B. I think they got a lot of talent for the OL. It would have been an A, still may be, but I'll have to see how some of these D players pan out.

So, this critic, one of the harsher ones, is going to give some credit to the duo for this weekend.

In closing, I would have LOVED Gerhart in a Broncos uni. LOVE LOVE LOVE it but that pick just wasn't in the cards unfortunately. That is my "wishlist" pick. Either we would have reached mightily and/or given up too much to get him or been way too lucky to see him fall down into our lap.

Inkana7
04-26-2010, 10:15 AM
No more scrubs journeymen on the defensive line. No more getting ragdolled in short yardage. No more punks causing distractions. AND with Tebow, God is on our side. What's not to love?

jhns
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I still think the same as I did before the draft. If it was up to me, I would fire him now. He has given up a lot of talent and the offense regressed a ton last season. We already have continued the revolving door at d-coordinator. I hate the way he trades. It is like he has played far to much Madden. I don't care for the way he only wants real good guy players and I feel it really limits the talent pool. Every successful organization has bad character guys. Every other coach and GM deals with them. The good ones even keep them under control. The only one making it a huge point to not have bad character guys like us is the Steelers and they just started that this offseason. They won the SB with a serial rapist and their SB MVP was traded away for character issues.

All that being said, I do think this offseason shows promise. I like what he has addressed in the draft and free agency. Every pick in this draft was at a position of real need. People here almost had me convinced that the front office was happy with last years QB play. I am very happy that they aren't. Now he just has to show that he can get real talent with this good guy only thing. I could join the ranks of the supporters if these draft picks turn out to be good.

Paladin
04-26-2010, 10:22 AM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Approve

Pick Six
04-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I approve. I watched the highlight reel on Thomas. He really does look to be in the same physical mold as Marshall. Tebow has the size to really be a good NFL quarterback. We rebuilt the offensive line. It's a good day to be a Bronco...:thumbs:

Cito Pelon
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
FWIW, McD on the radio this AM said they have a "decent" ILB crew (Haggan moving inside), like the depth they have at DL. 98% of the interview was about Tebow, wish they would have asked about the other picks.

go_broncos
04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
The only pick i didn't like is drafting Tebow in 1st round.
Much better than last year's draft.
Still, I would like Bowlen to hire a experienced GM.

Rohirrim
04-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Since there's no middle ground I have to disapprove. Although I disapprove less today than I did last Wednesday.

Still don't like shipping Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler. Still very disgruntled that Fonzi Smith required the Ghost of Ty Law to come in and play in his stead. A little miffed that we used a 1st round pick to get a guy who reminds the HC of the 100 catch/yr guy he just sent out of town.

The Tebow pick...welp...its growing on me. I cringed a little at the outset but got over that quickly. Anybody who watches him knows he's an athletic freak and a sickeningly good guy that everybody around him seems to love...which will drive Fade/Chug/Chef fans nuts. They'll buy his jerseys just to piss on them. McKid made Denver the "one to watch" for a couple of years at least. We're going to get coverage, good or bad. I like the ballsiness of the move.

We went way heavy on O this year, particularly OL. Had to be done. Don't like that we're still thin on D but, on the other hand, if you're going to address something do it once and be done with it for the near future. Hopefully we can get value and talent for the D in next year's draft.

All in all I give them an A for working the board for their picks. It's clear they knew what they wanted and made the moves to get it. Whether or not you agree on who was picked is a different issue. I don't think anybody can criticize how the board was manipulated this weekend.

Picks I give them a B. I think they got a lot of talent for the OL. It would have been an A, still may be, but I'll have to see how some of these D players pan out.

So, this critic, one of the harsher ones, is going to give some credit to the duo for this weekend.

In closing, I would have LOVED Gerhart in a Broncos uni. LOVE LOVE LOVE it but that pick just wasn't in the cards unfortunately. That is my "wishlist" pick. Either we would have reached mightily and/or given up too much to get him or been way too lucky to see him fall down into our lap.

Yeah, I really wanted Toby. That's the one thing about the Tebow deal that pisses me off. Keep that second rounder and he's sitting right there. Oh well. Now there's just waiting to see what Josh does with what he's got.

dbfan21
04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
I approve. The things I like most is that we are aggressive with our roster. There's no sitting around for the next season to come knocking. I also like the fact we are getting smart, physical football players who love the game, have a great work ethic and solid character. :strong:

Shoemaker
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
The only pick i didn't like is drafting Tebow in 1st round.
Much better than last year's draft.
Still, I would like Bowlen to hire a experienced GM.

I'm curious as to why this is. Has Xanders really made any mistakes during his time here?

I'd argue that he's done a great job. We've had two great free agency periods during his tenure: last year we picked up Dawkins (possibly the best Free Agency signing of any team), Fields, Goodman, Hill, Davis, Gaffney-all of whom performed admirably.

This year we shored up our biggest defensive weaknesses in FA by picking up three experienced starting DLinemen and a veteran, skilled nickelback (so we don't have to ask Smith to play out of position).

You could argue about the draft last year, but we don't really know how it turned out. Obviously, trading the first rounder to the Seahawks for Smith was his most questionable decision so far, but we don't know for certain how Smith is going to turn out-its only his second year.

And they definitely got some talent in that draft: McBath was very good in his limited playing time, Bruton was excellent on special teams, Knowshon showed a lot of promise despite terrible interior run blocking, and Ayers was close on a lot of plays (I know "close" doesn't count, but I thought he played better than the stats indicated).

I'm just not sure what problems you have with Xanders. I think he's done a good job so far.

Paladin
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
FWIW, McD on the radio this AM said they have a "decent" ILB crew (Haggan moving inside), like the depth they have at DL. 98% of the interview was about Tebow, wish they would have asked about the other picks.

I agree. I'd like to hear more about Beadles, Walton and Olsen as well as Thomas. and Cox Tebow was just one pck. I hinestly believe people are making too much ado about him, and really need to concentrate on the total draft.

Couple of those guys are intriguing.......

Paladin
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm curious as to why this is. Has Xanders really made any mistakes during his time here?

I'd argue that he's done a great job. We've had two great free agency periods during his tenure: last year we picked up Dawkins (possibly the best Free Agency signing of any team), Fields, Goodman, Hill, Davis, Gaffney-all of whom performed admirably.

This year we shored up our biggest defensive weaknesses in FA by picking up three experienced starting DLinemen and a veteran, skilled nickelback (so we don't have to ask Smith to play out of position).

You could argue about the draft last year, but we don't really know how it turned out. Obviously, trading the first rounder to the Seahawks for Smith was his most questionable decision so far, but we don't know for certain how Smith is going to turn out-its only his second year.

And they definitely got some talent in that draft: McBath was very good in his limited playing time, Bruton was excellent on special teams, Knowshon showed a lot of promise despite terrible interior run blocking, and Ayers was close on a lot of plays (I know "close" doesn't count, but I thought he played better than the stats indicated).

I'm just not sure what problems you have with Xanders. I think he's done a good job so far.

IT doesn't have any problems, IT just wants to gripe and moan and hate....

DrFate
04-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I've been a vocal critic of McDaniels, simply because I don't think he knows what he's doing.

That said - I am quite excited about this years draft and the *possibility* of how this team could come together. If Tebow can make his game fit the NFL mold, I'll say I was wrong.

Proof is in the pudding.

orangenblue
04-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Disapprove!

RaiderH8r
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I really wanted Toby. That's the one thing about the Tebow deal that pisses me off. Keep that second rounder and he's sitting right there. Oh well. Now there's just waiting to see what Josh does with what he's got.

Yeah, I was gripy with the number of picks it took to trade up. But, what the hell? Denver is now the story of the upcoming NFL season. Tebow watch 2010 has begun.

sutoazul
04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
wow... it seems lots of guys that do not like McD are willing to give him a chance just because of this draft. Everyone seems to be excited about this season. I think Tebow has a lot to do with it too.
Either way, I approve. I love that we sent off players that did not want to be here and we're getting smater, more physical and strong character players. Think about it, even if McD gets fire in two-three years, we still will have a strong locker room with loads of leadership. Isn't that what Shannahan was missing for many years? Rod Smith was there but he missed strong leadership such as Mobley, Elway, Sharpe, etc.

Irish Stout
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
wow... it seems lots of guys that do not like McD are willing to give him a chance just because of this draft. Everyone seems to be excited about this season. I think Tebow has a lot to do with it too.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought getting Tebow and seeing the way the draft went would only polarize the Pro and Anti-McD crowds more here. But, it appears to me that its actually closed the gap a bit. Amazing.

There are a few naysayers out there who are really pissed off about Tebow, but for the most part, I think curiosity of how we'll form this team is uniting us once again! Go Broncos!

However, I've noticed on the Denver Post comments, there are a lot more haters than usual...

OBF1
04-26-2010, 11:48 AM
I am all in.... still

BlaK-Argentina
04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Like most, I didn't agree with the Tebow pick at the time but it has grown on me. I have nothing bad to say about every other move we've made. I only wish we still had Nolan though.

Overall, I think they're doing a terrific job and I can't wait to see how it translates to the field. We should be a meaner, bigger, more focused team this season and I can't wait.

KevinJames
04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Wow 98 to 6 and no constant hating and bickering are you sure this the mane?

I thought there would be a lot more in the no column. Glad people are starting to believe in McX. Brilliant draft must of changed a lot of people's minds

Dr. Broncenstein
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm on board. Loved the draft, and like the overall direction of the team.

Archer81
04-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I approve.

:Broncos:

montrose
04-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Boy when I made this poll, I never imagined 93% of the Orange Mane would approve of the Broncos current admin. Now I've noticed some of the most vocal anti-Broncos posters like Blue and Mock haven't voted, but also some respected posters like Taco and Rev who've been very critial of the administration are now on board and approving of the direction of the team.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Boy when I made this poll, I never imagined 93% of the Orange Mane would approve of the Broncos current admin. Now I've noticed some of the most vocal anti-Broncos posters like Blue and Mock haven't voted, but also some respected posters like Taco and Rev who've been very critial of the administration are now on board and approving of the direction of the team.

Everyone wants to believe in what he's doing, people just made it into some Shanahan related thing that it wasn't. Fact is, he gave people a reason to believe in what he's doing last week. A couple fell swoops and he showed that every concern from a void without Cutler and Marshall to playing Orton were not only noticed, but addressed. After that he attacked the OL and added future/immediate starters AND some depth. We got some potential players on the back end, though I still the FO blows at evaluating corners (In fairness, I find something to hate and be critical of with every corner prospect though) He deserves credit for what he's got going on now.

NYBronco
04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Approve :thumbsup:

Blueflame
04-26-2010, 05:04 PM

First off, I am not "anti-Broncos"... and find that characterization rather offensive. Secondly, I don't believe every poll on the Mane necessarily needs my input. People pretty much know what I think.

leon
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
i very much approve. i thought the draft was good, he got some good for now and some good for later. He is actually building the core and future of the team before your very eyes. except for clady and the secondary, the key positions mcdaniels have drafted all to his-style. tebow is a project for now, but he has some elwayism to his game. don't forget who mentored, tom brady and matt cassel, matt cassel did not start a game at USC hardly even played the QB positon for 4 years. up under mcdaniels in his 1st full season he had a 11-5 record for the patriots. mcdaady is the MAN. just sit-back and watch!!!!

crazyhorse
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Boy when I made this poll, I never imagined 93% of the Orange Mane would approve of the Broncos current admin.

No kidding. When draftin Tebow in the 1st round 93% of Bronco fans were pissed off enough that they were saying they were done.

Ive been around these football forums enough to know that most of them are the same. But I have never seen such a large percentage flop over and not only "take it", but are squeeling like a prom date less than 2 days later.

Bizzle
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Approve!

To be honest I haven't been this excited for an upcoming season since the year after our first SB win. There is something that is just very refreshing about what's going on at Dove Valley.

FireFly
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
WOW - I can't believe how heavily skewed towards approve the poll is - must be a very vocal minority on this board!

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 07:30 PM
We have a Rock Chalk sighting.

orinjkrush
04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
disapprove. more drama than days of our lives. sheesh.

watermock
04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Fail.

We may go 10-6 because AZ is weaker, but WR, RB, TE (recieving), as well as the unsettled QB spot.

We traded Hillis and 2 spots for nothing.

We traded for God for 3 picks. Is God worth it?

We didn't get a speed back/reciever. and got a slow H-Back.

OL we got 1 player late.

Draft: D-.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Fail.

We may go 10-6 because AZ is weaker, but WR, RB, TE (recieving), as well as the unsettled QB spot.

We traded Hillis and 2 spots for nothing.

We traded for God for 3 picks. Is God worth it?

OL we got 1 player late.

Did you even watch the draft? What does it matter if you only draft one late round OL when you draft TWO in the first three rounds.

Plus our first round WR is fast.

Kaylore
04-26-2010, 10:15 PM
We need to win more games. Good free agents and good draft are nice, but I'm tired of winning on paper. I want results.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Did you even watch the draft? What does it matter if you only draft one late round OL when you draft TWO in the first three rounds.

Plus our first round WR is fast.

What concerns me about the Thomas selection is the lack of diversity in the routes he's run... pretty much just 3. Whatever, it worked and still works for Randy Moss

DBroncos4life
04-26-2010, 10:45 PM
What concerns me about the Thomas selection is the lack of diversity in the routes he's run... pretty much just 3. Whatever, it worked and still works for Randy Moss

Trust me I'm on board with what you are saying as far as that goes. Still we know he has speed and we know he can block two things we won't have to worry about working on with him. Hopefully he can get in early and get working on those routes.

Out of all the players we drafted I think I have more concern about Thomas busting.

Los Broncos
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I approve but expect results in the next couple of seasons.

montrose
04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
First off, I am not "anti-Broncos"... and find that characterization rather offensive. Secondly, I don't believe every poll on the Mane necessarily needs my input. People pretty much know what I think.

Didn't mean to be offense, but your opinions over the past year and a half have been that you don't agree with what the Broncos are doing, therefore I grouped you as anti-Broncos versus someone like Kahn who has been very pro-Broncos versus Taco whose been lukewarm-Broncos.

Spider
04-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I approve.......... for now ......

Kaylore
04-26-2010, 11:19 PM

OL we got 1 player late.

You're such an idiot. We drafted three offensive linemen and two were really early. Thomas is fast.

Blueflame
04-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Didn't mean to be offense, but your opinions over the past year and a half have been that you don't agree with what the Broncos are doing, therefore I grouped you as anti-Broncos versus someone like Kahn who has been very pro-Broncos versus Taco whose been lukewarm-Broncos.

I very much want what's best for the Denver Broncos... but remain unconvinced that McDaniels can or will wind up (once we can look at things from the perspective of hindsight) being "what's best for the Denver Broncos"... this is not to say that he won't eventually be a good HC... but the fact remains that every HC candidate from the Belichick coaching tree has been fired from their first HC job (including Belichick himself).

It's simple. I want this team to win.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Wasn't huge on Tebow but the rest were good overall. That said, if Tebow becomes a franchise super star, oh boy.

Spider
04-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Wasn't huge on Tebow but the rest were good overall. That said, if Tebow becomes a franchise super star, oh boy.

:D yep ......orton Branstarter Tebow= may the best man win ......

watermock
04-26-2010, 11:41 PM
And what did we give up?

We traded the 06 class to move up?

Idiot.

Go ahead and massage Beavis' balls.

I's sad. We might go 9-7 due to a weak schedule.

montrose
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
I very much want what's best for the Denver Broncos... but remain unconvinced that McDaniels can or will wind up (once we can look at things from the perspective of hindsight) being "what's best for the Denver Broncos"... this is not to say that he won't eventually be a good HC... but the fact remains that every HC candidate from the Belichick coaching tree has been fired from their first HC job (including Belichick himself).

It's simple. I want this team to win.

That has absolutly nothing to do with what I posted. I don't doubt you or anyone else here doesn't want the Broncos to win. But right now, as with pretty much any other time with any franchise - you have a group within the fanbase that believes in what the team is doing, a group that doesn't and a group that is lukewarm. Does this make sense?

watermock
04-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Of course, we lost to KC and Oakland last year at HOME.

OABB
04-26-2010, 11:46 PM
And what did we give up?

We traded the 06 class to move up?

Idiot.

Go ahead and massage Beavis' balls.

I's sad. We might go 9-7 due to a weak schedule.

Yeah 9-7 would suck. Especially for you and your endless bitching. The way you see this team I would expect a prediction of 1 and 15. .

SoCalBronco
04-26-2010, 11:48 PM

I'm not sure how being generally opposed to the practices of the current management would make her "anti-Bronco". Likewise, I don't see how being generally in agreement with the practices of the current management would make someone else "pro-Bronco". A more accurate characterization would be pro-management and anti-management.

watermock
04-26-2010, 11:49 PM
That has absolutly nothing to do with what I posted. I don't doubt you or anyone else here doesn't want the Broncos to win. But right now, as with pretty much any other time with any franchise - you have a group within the fanbase that believes in what the team is doing, a group that doesn't and a group that is lukewarm. Does this make sense?

Yes, a bunch of wishers.

Fact is, Denver has made many serious mistakes.

Watch.

watermock
04-26-2010, 11:54 PM
#1 , we are paying 25 million for a 31 and 30 year old CB and blocking TE.

montrose
04-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure how being generally opposed to the practices of the current management would make her "anti-Bronco". Likewise, I don't see how being generally in agreement with the practices of the current management would make someone else "pro-Bronco". A more accurate characterization would be pro-management and anti-management.

Sure, if you want to use that terminology - go for it.

OABB
04-27-2010, 12:02 AM
#1 , we are paying 25 million for a 31 and 30 year old CB and blocking TE.

Two of those contract were done before Beavis dip****.

Blueflame
04-27-2010, 12:22 AM

Those who aren't 100% "sold" on McDaniels (and/or his ability/experience to competently coach the team)... yet love the Denver Broncos... should not be characterized as "anti-Broncos". It's offensive. Being labeled thusly... makes me wonder why in the Hell I'm trying so damn hard to save enough money to travel 1100 miles each way to watch the Broncos play in September...:moody:

OABB
04-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Those who aren't 100% "sold" on McDaniels (and/or his ability/experience to competently coach the team)... yet love the Denver Broncos... should not be characterized as "anti-Broncos". It's offensive. Being labeled thusly... makes me wonder why in the Hell I'm trying so damn hard to save enough money to travel 1100 miles each way to watch the Broncos play in September...:moody:

I think your position is better suited to psychotic derangement than anti boncos...

Blueflame
04-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I think your position is better suited to psychotic derangement than anti boncos...

And who asked you for your opinion? :moon:

Dr.5280
04-27-2010, 01:41 AM
I approve. Just check out how well Shanahan did with Washingtons draft this year. He failed to address any position of need.

eddie mac
04-27-2010, 03:25 AM
If offensive tackle and QB were not needs in Washington then I'm a dutchman.

They used their 1st 2 picks on those positions.

ChSuperStar
04-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Disapprove, based on tebow and last year's leap for smith. They have done some great things.. but if they did not do the trade up's for quinn, smith and tebow this year. we could have had more young players who could be the core of the future.

Until the picks show up and start playing it is a disapprove. Atleast if they get into playoffs and have a decent 2011 draft, i will change my decision. But i want to see tebow do well and that will make me support McD more.

Paladin
04-27-2010, 08:00 AM
It seems that 90%, more or less, of those voting on this site approve of the work of McD and X, and these results are reflected in the same directions in every other Forum. Unlike the ESPN polls, the Mane polls do not allow for ballot stuffing.
Thus the :losers" continue to develop esoteric polls that they hope will show some crack in the huge disparity of earlier polls. In short, the vast majority of Brocnos' fans are satisfied with the direction of teh Broncls as led by McD and X. Yet to read these august pages, one would believe that there is a revolution brewing amongst the minority voters due to overwhelming disgruntlement and dissatisfaction.. Why is that?

The remaining 10% of losing voters are either grumps who are still tagged to Shanahan, Quitler, Marshall, Scheffler or Travis Henry, or are in serious need of a tube of Preparation H to ease their butt hurts over the Smith and Quinn moves or the trade up for Tebow. The grumps act out their angst by starting threads that have provacative titles, submit astonishing posts that mangle information and data, manipulate the facts and data to continue to attack the FO's moves, continue to use juvenile and even childish epithets to refer to members of the Broncos' staff, and generally use diversive and provative language to attack Bronco supporters. In short, the grumps seek to change the 90% opinions.

Posters that are either supportive of McD and X or are leaning towards a positive outlook for the future are less likely to try to change opinions. While some may show facts and data, grumps will attack the data, demanding that there are other "experts" who believe otherwise. The attacks frequently take on the characteristics of being boorish, childish and hysterical.

The result is that the grumps, oddballs and boors post much more than the supporters do. The latter simply read on in amusement and disgust at the grumps, occassionally calling out the more outlandish assertions by the grumps and boors.

The season's outcome will not be known until it is played. The likelihood of the complete failure predicted by the grumps is very much unlikely, but any pollyanna reach for perfection is also unlikely. The uncertainty of the outcome drives the grumps to maintain hope that they will be vindicated for being grumps at the end of the year. In the meantime, the grumps want air time to predict failure. Over and over again.

The Pulse of the Mane beats unevenly. Grumps are their usual grumpy selves, while the rest of us 90 percenters just roll our eyes at the grump or boorish posts, and continue to offer the tube of Pereparation H, free of charge......

It's a microcosm of America......

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
It seems that 90%, more or less, of those voting on this site approve of the work of McD and X, and these results are reflected in the same directions in every other Forum. Unlike the ESPN polls, the Mane polls do not allow for ballot stuffing.
Thus the :losers" continue to develop esoteric polls that they hope will show some crack in the huge disparity of earlier polls. In short, the vast majority of Brocnos' fans are satisfied with the direction of teh Broncls as led by McD and X. Yet to read these august pages, one would believe that there is a revolution brewing amongst the minority voters due to overwhelming disgruntlement and dissatisfaction.. Why is that?

The remaining 10% of losing voters are either grumps who are still tagged to Shanahan, Quitler, Marshall, Scheffler or Travis Henry, or are in serious need of a tube of Preparation H to ease their butt hurts over the Smith and Quinn moves or the trade up for Tebow. The grumps act out their angst by starting threads that have provacative titles, submit astonishing posts that mangle information and data, manipulate the facts and data to continue to attack the FO's moves, continue to use juvenile and even childish epithets to refer to members of the Broncos' staff, and generally use diversive and provative language to attack Bronco supporters. In short, the grumps seek to change the 90% opinions.

Posters that are either supportive of McD and X or are leaning towards a positive outlook for the future are less likely to try to change opinions. While some may show facts and data, grumps will attack the data, demanding that there are other "experts" who believe otherwise. The attacks frequently take on the characteristics of being boorish, childish and hysterical.

The result is that the grumps, oddballs and boors post much more than the supporters do. The latter simply read on in amusement and disgust at the grumps, occassionally calling out the more outlandish assertions by the grumps and boors.

The season's outcome will not be known until it is played. The likelihood of the complete failure predicted by the grumps is very much unlikely, but any pollyanna reach for perfection is also unlikely. The uncertainty of the outcome drives the grumps to maintain hope that they will be vindicated for being grumps at the end of the year. In the meantime, the grumps want air time to predict failure. Over and over again.

The Pulse of the Mane beats unevenly. Grumps are their usual grumpy selves, while the rest of us 90 percenters just roll our eyes at the grump or boorish posts, and continue to offer the tube of Pereparation H, free of charge......

Words just can't describe you accurately enough, so I'll have to lean on a picture:

http://hootchicootchi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/douche.jpg

jhns
04-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Words just can't describe you accurately enough, so I'll have to lean on a picture:

LOL

So true.

montrose
04-27-2010, 08:15 AM

Did you see my post two up from yours in response to SoCal? Just say anti-management if it makes you feel that much better, geese it's wordsmithing.

And for someone who constantly has to let everyone here know about how they don't take things here personally on this website the Orange Mane - I am sorry I offended you and questioned why you should travel to watch our Broncos forcing you to use a "moody" smile.

Rohirrim
04-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Have you met the Drama Llama? I think you want to put McSkillet on your "Friends" list.

TheDave
04-27-2010, 08:30 AM
90% aproval rating = "The Tebow Effect"

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Just really wanted to point that out.

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 08:34 AM
90% aproval rating = "The Tebow Effect"

"The Tebow Effect" = 250% approval rating.

You'll know it when you see it

winksmiley?

ColoradoBuff
04-27-2010, 08:47 AM
approval. They had a great draft and free agency!

OABB
04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
I would approve, but Josh once worked for the Patriots so i can't.

ScottXray
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
This approval rating will only be there for a short while.
It IS refreshing, and reminds me of why I used to come here
at first....although some of the best posters are long gone.

I would say the fact that this draft seems to have so many
people giving (Sometimes grudging) approval will last as long
as it is before the next Negative news comes out.

This could be any number of things, but will probably be during camp
when, for instance , one or more of our higher picks can't
participate due to previous injury (both receivers have them), or
one of our FAs is found PUP.

Then the back biting nature of the fans here and everywhere will take over again.

Face it....we are a diverse group and have diverse opinions. Still nice to see almost 90% of the board get behind one side for awhile.

Popps
04-27-2010, 10:34 AM
"The Tebow Effect" = 250% approval rating.

You'll know it when you see it

winksmiley?

I do think this draft, and even the Tebow pick has server to help move the forum more towards a positive state on things, which is actually sort of odd.
Looking at this draft, I would have never thought it would have such an effect.

But, it does seem people are more upbeat about things now than they were even a few months ago.

It's been another good offseason, imo.

Rohirrim
04-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I do think this draft, and even the Tebow pick has server to help move the forum more towards a positive state on things, which is actually sort of odd.
Looking at this draft, I would have never thought it would have such an effect.

But, it does seem people are more upbeat about things now than they were even a few months ago.

It's been another good offseason, imo.

And we're not done. Josh is keeping an eye on the player cuts as well. He said he'll also be looking at the camp cuts.

Blueflame
04-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Did you see my post two up from yours in response to SoCal? Just say anti-management if it makes you feel that much better, geese it's wordsmithing.

And for someone who constantly has to let everyone here know about how they don't take things here personally on this website the Orange Mane - I am sorry I offended you and questioned why you should travel to watch our Broncos forcing you to use a "moody" smile.

I've always had minimal patience with those who seek to judge or assess others' "fanship" (those who would like to revoke others' "fan cards" if they disagree with anything whatsoever that the team/coach does).... if we weren't all fans, we wouldn't be here, end of story. Yes, it's "semantics"... but the labels that are being applied aren't so innocuous; in fact they're more divisive than just trying to let old differences go.

And I wouldn't even be posting in this thread if I hadn't been "called out"... by username.

DenverBrit
04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Approve. Warming to the Tebow pick and thought the rest of the draft was solid.....can't go wrong when a team builds the trenches.

Mock still hates the moves so McPoopyPants & X must be doing the right things. :thumbsup:

DenverBrit
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I've always had minimal patience with those who seek to judge or assess others' "fanship" (those who would like to revoke others' "fan cards" if they disagree with anything whatsoever that the team/coach does).... if we weren't all fans, we wouldn't be here, end of story. Yes, it's "semantics"... but the labels that are being applied aren't so innocuous; in fact they're more divisive than just trying to let old differences go.

And I wouldn't even be posting in this thread if I hadn't been "called out"... by username.

Same goes for the clowns who 'don't wanna be a fan anymore' whenever a move is made of which they disapprove.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Tebow is going to help this team travel better and keep more fans in our stadium. We might have home field advantage again.

Paladin
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
After coming home from the gym following a vigorous boxing workout, I considered further my analysis of the disparity of the “pros and cons” of the above poll. Specifically, I did not explain why Preparation H was recommended. A few years ago, I had been researching sources for my dissertation, I came across a article in a periodical that seemed to have been miscataloged. I was in the Medical Library, Emergency Services, and the magazine was named the Ambulance Chasers’ Digest.

An article in that magazine piqued my attention. It reported that 8.5 out of ten lawyers preferred Preparation H over the standard chair pillow. Being tangentially interested in stats, I wondered how they came to the .5 lawyer. I followed the asterisk to the small print at the bottom. It said that since three of the lawyers in their sample were graduates of State schools, they were each counted as a half a lawyer. That made sense to me.

I believe the preference vote was so tilted to the Prep H as compared to the seat pillow for two reasons. First the odorous “flower of flatulence” of the pillow along with the brown stains were not commensurate with the décor of a well appointed, lawyerly office. Second, the pillow is not easily explained to observers when it is used in other settings, like courtrooms and Date Night Dances.

I am reminded that there were a large number of British Subjects who fervently believed that Jonathon Swift had indeed drawn up a unique proposal, modest though it may have been. It would seem that irony and sarcasm is lost on many in a farcical mockery of those who make much of statistics. To paraphrase Epictetus (with sincere apologies to him), it is not the statistic that trouble the minds, but the interpretation of them. And there are many interpretations of even the simple binary vote. Even college students can screw up “yes” and “no”. Most do.

So, may the sons of whores do it with Prep H.

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 12:46 PM
After coming home from the gym following a vigorous boxing workout, I considered further my analysis of the disparity of the “pros and cons” of the above poll. Specifically, I did not explain why Preparation H was recommended. A few years ago, I had been researching sources for my dissertation, I came across a article in a periodical that seemed to have been miscataloged. I was in the Medical Library, Emergency Services, and the magazine was named the Ambulance Chasers’ Digest.

An article in that magazine piqued my attention. It reported that 8.5 out of ten lawyers preferred Preparation H over the standard chair pillow. Being tangentially interested in stats, I wondered how they came to the .5 lawyer. I followed the asterisk to the small print at the bottom. It said that since three of the lawyers in their sample were graduates of State schools, they were each counted as a half a lawyer. That made sense to me.

I believe the preference vote was so tilted to the Prep H as compared to the seat pillow for two reasons. First the odorous “flower of flatulence” of the pillow along with the brown stains were not commensurate with the décor of a well appointed, lawyerly office. Second, the pillow is not easily explained to observers when it is used in other settings, like courtrooms and Date Night Dances.

I am reminded that there were a large number of British Subjects who fervently believed that Jonathon Swift had indeed drawn up a unique proposal, modest though it may have been. It would seem that irony and sarcasm is lost on many in a farcical mockery of those who make much of statistics. To paraphrase Epictetus (with sincere apologies to him), it is not the statistic that trouble the minds, but the interpretation of them. And there are many interpretations of even the simple binary vote. Even college students can screw up “yes” and “no”. Most do.

So, may the sons of whores do it with Prep H.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jWNhyMUpjSE/R-bpvyaxdqI/AAAAAAAAAXk/0L6MsnJ1rFA/s400/Yep%2520Gay.jpg

Paladin
04-27-2010, 12:47 PM

"Letting differences go" is not helped by the constanct barrage of polls, epithets, challenges and name calling. Nor can some just "move on" to the fact that McD is the HC and makes the decisions. Immediate and caustic cricism that smacks of pre-existing prejudices and biases do not help either.

Objective criticism can be helpful. Bs is just that.

But I am amazed and gratified that so many apparently believe that the Bronocs are moving in the right direction despite the vehement attacks aagainst the FO by the minority....

Paladin
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
This message is hidden because TheReverend is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
This message is hidden because TheReverend is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

He mad

http://titterass.com/Pics/hurtfeelingsreport.jpg

jhns
04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
But I am amazed and gratified that so many apparently believe that the Bronocs are moving in the right direction despite the vehement attacks aagainst the FO by the minority....

LOL

You do realize a lot of that %90 has done exactly what you are constantly whining about, right? You are one of the biggest drama queens here and that is saying something. Not that you can see this post, just wanted to comment on how dumb your posts are.

Blueflame
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
"Letting differences go" is not helped by the constanct barrage of polls, epithets, challenges and name calling. Nor can some just "move on" to the fact that McD is the HC and makes the decisions. Immediate and caustic cricism that smacks of pre-existing prejudices and biases do not help either.

Objective criticism can be helpful. Bs is just that.

Show me where I've done any of that (the "constanct (sic) barrage of polls, epithets, challenges and name calling"). I don't start the divisive threads and rarely post on them unless someone addresses me directly.

Ultimately it doesn't matter (what any of us on the Mane) thinks anyway. McDaniels will be deemed a success or a failure solely by wins or losses in today's NFL.

Paladin
04-27-2010, 02:19 PM
One of the problems is that posts are misconstrued which leads to a great deal of unnecessary angst and devisiveness.

Blue, I was not referring to you. In fact, I was commenting that there is always someone who slips a challenge at the poster, or slams his/her name, or questions their motive for the post or calls the poster some damm negative thing or what not. I have a snot-nosed college student suggesting that I am overly dramatic in my posts. He is a little lamb still looking for his way and he seems to use the Mane to try out his "becoming an adult" card to see how people react. Actually, it's kind of cute.

I agree, I have not seen you stoop to that, but there are a few around this board who do. The last several polls were worded in a manner as to be challenging and there are many who use negative epithets in referencing MCD.

So, I call a truce because I did not mean what you thought I did.......

Drama Queen..........

j/k

Paladin
04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Have you met the Drama Llama? I think you want to put McSkillet on your "Friends" list.

LOL!!!! Miss again, college boy......

Blueflame
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
One of the problems is that posts are misconstrued which leads to a great deal of unnecessary angst and devisiveness.

Blue, I was not referring to you. In fact, I was commenting that there is always someone who slips a challenge at the poster, or slams his/her name, or questions their motive for the post or calls the poster some damm negative thing or what not. I have a snot-nosed college student suggesting that I am overly dramatic in my posts. He is a little lamb still looking for his way and he seems to use the Mane to try out his "becoming an adult" card to see how people react. Actually, it's kind of cute.

I agree, I have not seen you stoop to that, but there are a few around this board who do. The last several polls were worded in a manner as to be challenging and there are many who use negative epithets in referencing MCD.

So, I call a truce because I did not mean what you thought I did.......

Drama Queen..........

j/k

I'm entirely in favor of a truce... :peace:

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL!!!! Miss again, college boy......

Does anyone else get this put-down?

"Haha you went on to higher education! Loser!" ?

gyldenlove
04-27-2010, 02:48 PM

I thought it was a put-down to people with undergrad education... that is how I use it.

TheReverend
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought it was a put-down to people with undergrad education... that is how I use it.

Lol... whatever graduate-school boy!

jhns
04-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Well, the cool kids usually do drop out well before college. Only nerds get that far.

montrose
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM

I apologize for (unintentionally) hurting your feelings.
:smashpats

Steve Sewell
04-27-2010, 11:25 PM

The most puzzling thing is that Blart disapproves. How can that be possible with Tebow now on the team? Does not compute.

jhns
10-07-2011, 09:35 AM
So the board has been slow and I have been reading old threads. This one stood out as funny and interesting. Just look at what Tebow did for this fan base just by getting drafted. This draft also did look better than what it has turned out to be so far. If you read threads from a month before this, it was like 50% hated the direction of the team.

Elway says he wants to get the fans excited. Between the sudden change in enthusiasm after he was drafted, to the excitement seen when he actually played, I think I have a good idea of how Elway could accomplish that goal.

TheReverend
10-07-2011, 09:46 AM
lol what a bump!

Dr. Broncenstein
10-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm going to punch myself in the face.

TheReverend
10-07-2011, 10:05 AM

I'll do you, you do me?

I REALLY liked the Tebow pic :rofl:

gyldenlove
10-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I'll do you, you do me?

I REALLY liked the Tebow pic :rofl:

Lets all form a big ****ing line and punch each other.

I blame Montrose for making an ambigious poll, it was a trick question - I demand a recount!

Rohirrim
10-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Let me help.

Popps
10-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow, how history gets re-written around here, huh? Almost a 90% approval rating that late in the game. (Including some of the forum's most notable whiners.)

Yet, all I seem to read now days is a bunch of forum "experts" purporting to have known it the whole time.

I guess it turns out that spotting a quality head coach is pretty hard. I guess that's why very few professional football organizations can seem to do so.

This shatters my belief that forum posters are never wrong. Now where will I go for unwavering, rock-solid information?

Rabb
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM

FML

jhns
10-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Wow, how history gets re-written around here, huh? Almost a 90% approval rating that late in the game. (Including some of the forum's most notable whiners.)

Yet, all I seem to read now days is a bunch of forum "experts" purporting to have known it the whole time.

I guess it turns out that spotting a quality head coach is pretty hard. I guess that's why very few professional football organizations can seem to do so.

This shatters my belief that forum posters are never wrong. Now where will I go for unwavering, rock-solid information?

Just continue reading my posts.... Duh.

You are being too much of a drama queen though. There are a lot that voted yes here but didn't think that way before the draft or after the season started. These offseason polls just reflect the hope fans build in the offseason, when they aren't actually watching the team fail.

montrose
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Lets all form a big ****ing line and punch each other.

I blame Montrose for making an ambigious poll, it was a trick question - I demand a recount!

LOL

DenverBrit
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM

:peace:
http://media.publicbroadcasting.net/kuvo/newsroom/images/3532238.jpg

Popps
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
:peace:
http://media.publicbroadcasting.net/kuvo/newsroom/images/3532238.jpg

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RBHwwI35ca4/THC_KPSLDDI/AAAAAAAABvw/1qIwxvdOy7Q/s1600/interesting.jpg&sa=X&ei=wTSPTsujMq-OsALltvDCAQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEVHLMS56BQQOiGKJYuQdJrmbjwEw

Goobzilla
10-07-2011, 11:28 AM
What has 2 thumbs and hated McDaniels even back then???

THIS GUY!

strafen
10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Definitely approve. We're getting bigger, smarter and meaner. No more getting stuffed on fourth and one. Now, Josh just has to realize RULE NUMBER ONE: YOU DO NOT ALLOW THE CHIEFS AND RAIDERS TO BEAT YOU IN YOUR OWN HOUSE! ABSOLUTELY VERBOTEN!

Other than that, we're headed in the right direction.

:giggle: :rofl:

jhns
10-07-2011, 11:49 AM
LOL People need to put end times on polls. Of course you will vote no now...

The poll was 89.something % voted approve when I bumped this. The extra votes are going to take away from my original point when I bumped this.

strafen
10-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow 98 to 6 and no constant hating and bickering are you sure this the mane?

I thought there would be a lot more in the no column. Glad people are starting to believe in McX. Brilliant draft must of changed a lot of people's mindsin hindsight...

RaiderH8r
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
It is truly a burden for me to be so right sometimes. So very, very right. Sure my optimism will shine through most of the time but deep, within my soul, I know what's what.

strafen
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I've read the whole thread. Quite entertaining and hilarious! :rofl: :thumbsup:

Dr. Broncenstein
10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Let me help.

You're so tough.

DBroncos4life
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Looks like I was right to have doubts on Thomas...

bendog
10-07-2011, 01:53 PM

If he stubbed his toe, the nail would fall off and he'd get a staff infection

bendog
10-07-2011, 02:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/869108-50-worst-nfl-coaches-of-all-time?utm_campaign=outbrain&utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral#/articles/869108-50-worst-nfl-coaches-of-all-time/page/50

Rohirrim
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
:giggle: :rofl:

I'm trying to give a ****, but it's just not working.

strafen
10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm trying to give a ****, but it's just not working.C'mon man...
Have some fun with it.
I meant no harm. Just poking fun at the whole thread... :thumbsup:

bronco militia
10-07-2011, 02:30 PM
thank god I saved my vote for today ;D

TheDave
10-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Asso Wilson (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11489), beardedwonder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11131), Blart (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4363), bpinna (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6192), Bronc62 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=12225), bronco militia (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=123), broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951), budman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2738), ChSuperStar (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11398), ColoradoDarin (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3965), DenverBound (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=12176), Durango (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5811), elsid13 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2323), frerottenextelway (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=942), Goobzilla (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1247), hdtech96 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10049), Jay6Cutler (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7619), jhns (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5833), lander (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8946), Mecklomaniac (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=718), mightyphoenix (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3588), NFLBRONCO (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=440), OOJack (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3656), orange jersey 55 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8236), orinjkrush (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1193), Que (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3618), RaiderH8r (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2179), Ramathorn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6954), randomtask (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8277), Ratboy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1544), rbackfactory80 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3337), Rock Chalk (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=23), rugbythug (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6187), scttgrd (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3423), Sideburn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=705), Sir_Robin (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8328), SleepingTiger (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3247), strafen (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10462), Stuck In Texas (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6055), TD30 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2040), teknic (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27963), TheDave (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2341), Tom G (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=339), vonqkilla (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=28113), watermock (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=242), WIldbill (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2082), woodall (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8214)

Looks like we officialy have 47 people that were not drinking the Kool-Aid... ;D

jhns
10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Asso Wilson (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11489), beardedwonder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11131), Blart (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4363), bpinna (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6192), Bronc62 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=12225), bronco militia (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=123), broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951), budman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2738), ChSuperStar (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11398), ColoradoDarin (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3965), DenverBound (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=12176), Durango (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5811), elsid13 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2323), frerottenextelway (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=942), Goobzilla (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1247), hdtech96 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10049), Jay6Cutler (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7619), jhns (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5833), lander (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8946), Mecklomaniac (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=718), mightyphoenix (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3588), NFLBRONCO (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=440), OOJack (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3656), orange jersey 55 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8236), orinjkrush (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1193), Que (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3618), RaiderH8r (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2179), Ramathorn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6954), randomtask (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8277), Ratboy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1544), rbackfactory80 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3337), Rock Chalk (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=23), rugbythug (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6187), scttgrd (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3423), Sideburn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=705), Sir_Robin (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8328), SleepingTiger (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3247), strafen (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10462), Stuck In Texas (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6055), TD30 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2040), teknic (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27963), TheDave (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2341), Tom G (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=339), vonqkilla (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=28113), watermock (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=242), WIldbill (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2082), woodall (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8214)

Looks like we officialy have 47 people that were not drinking the Kool-Aid... ;D

It was only 33 when I bumped it today. We can only trust those that posted!

This poll isn't a good judge of being a McFan though. There are some, like go_broncos, that hated on him but seem to have tried to be positive for a minute in the offseason.

Mile High Mojoe
10-07-2011, 04:57 PM
It was only 33 when I bumped it today. We can only trust those that posted!

This poll isn't a good judge of being a McFan though. There are some, like go_broncos, that hated on him but seem to have tried to be positive for a minute in the offseason.

My vote was today also but I like many others wasn’t some Johnny come lately to the McD haters club.

The list of the approvals says far more about why there is a majority of the board than goes with the company line than the disapprovals. The last big posting spree I made on the OM was towards the last 4 to 5 games of McD's 1st season and the end of the his 2nd. I didn't like McD from the start of the whole failed Cutler affair. Once he proved how much of an arrogant little punk he was before he had even Head Coached his first game he lost me.

I like others was very shocked and surprised that the Broncos came out and won their first 6 games and the Pats win was the only crowning jewel for McD but I felt then as I do now that the team didn’t have enough weapons and O or D to sustain it. I also knew Orton wasn’t going to cut it and man he’s proven that in spades.

I’m certainly remember the riff in here with McD apologists who claimed he was the best thing going and how if you trashed him back then you fell into the same hole of being an idiot or a non-fan as what has gone on with the current Orton/Tebow debate.

We can thank the supposed genius of McD and Xanders for ffing up the Broncos. I remember saying at the time that’d it take us 3 to 5 years to recover. Make it 5. That said this thread seems counterproductive to what’s happening today which is what really matters now.

Ratboy
10-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Thread is full of fail.

gunns
10-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Me too. I liked that draft after the first round. I liked this years draft even better.

Dagmar
10-07-2011, 05:24 PM
http://berlinromexpress.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/mr-schadenfreude.png

Mile High Mojoe
10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gomilehigh/broncosuniscolor.gif

Popps
10-07-2011, 06:07 PM
My vote was today also but I like many others wasn’t some Johnny come lately to the McD haters club.

Look, as long as you hated him early enough... that's what matters. The last thing you'd want is for anyone to think that you were wrong about a football topic on a message board. Rest easy, bro. You're in the club.

Mile High Mojoe
10-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Look, as long as you hated him early enough... that's what matters. The last thing you'd want is for anyone to think that you were wrong about a football topic on a message board. Rest easy, bro. You're in the club.

We all remember your ardent defense of McD back in the day. Slip of memory for you now I'm sure.

Popps
10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
We all remember your ardent defense of McD back in the day. Slip of memory for you now I'm sure.

Oh, no... I'm agreeing with you, man. See, you liked him... but then you hated him earlier than I did.

So, you should feel better about yourself. You hated him slightly earlier than some other people. I mean, 90% of the voters here supported him AFTER his second draft, the draft that they all now act as if they knew was bad at the time.

So, again... you might not have been wrong as early as someone else might have been wrong on a football message board on the internet. I was just reading your justification post and letting you know that it's cool, you should feel good about yourself! Relax, man... you've arrived!

jhns
10-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh, no... I'm agreeing with you, man. See, you liked him... but then you hated him earlier than I did.

So, you should feel better about yourself. You hated him slightly earlier than some other people. I mean, 90% of the voters here supported him AFTER his second draft, the draft that they all now act as if they knew was bad at the time.

So, again... you might not have been wrong as early as someone else might have been wrong on a football message board on the internet. I was just reading your justification post and letting you know that it's cool, you should feel good about yourself! Relax, man... you've arrived!

You mad.

epicSocialism4tw
10-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Greatest thread ever? Possibly.

epicSocialism4tw
10-08-2011, 01:52 AM
I won't begrudge Broncos fans for being optimistic.

Sometimes we can be lured by ideas. Philosophical sweets. McD preached toughness, competitiveness, team-first play, and a power running game. These ideas were appealing after Shanny's philosophies had become stale following several mediocre years. The unique Shanny philosophies no longer had utility for many Broncos fans and many bought into the idea of "fundamental change". Broncos fans were too far removed from the best of the Shanny years and got swept away by "change we can believe in".

I don't blame people for being optimistic.

But what Broncos fans didnt yet know is that the productive Shanny campaign was being replaced by a corrupt, inexperienced, incapable regime that ruled with an iron first, hid its corruption behind lies and mistruth, and ultimately ran the organization to lows it had never been to.