13. SS Myron Rolle Florida State 33
14. OT Marshall Newhouse TCU 32
15. DE Earl Wilson North Carolina 32
16. OT Zane Beadles Utah 31
17. OLB A.J. Edds Iowa 31
18. DT Vince Oghobaase Duke 31
19. C Eric Olsen Notre Dame 31
20. DT Corey Peters Kentucky 31

We drafted 4 of the top 20 Wonderlics this year.

Tebow didn't make the list because it's said that he made up the questions this year ;)

SoCalBronco
04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Tebow tried to take the Wonderlic, but the paper just crumbled on its own when he sat down to take the test.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
10 players can brag to their grandchildren that they finished ahead of a Rhodes Scholar.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Tebow had a 22 - above average for an NFL player, slightly below average for a QB though.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
We should have signed Adam Ulatoski

Bronco Yoda
04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
10 players can brag to their grandchildren that they finished ahead of a Rhodes Scholar.

I know. One would have thought it would have been a slam dunk for Rolle.

Popps
04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
1. WR Eric Decker Minnesota 43 2. OT Adam Ulatoski Texas 39
3. QB Max Hall BYU 38
4. QB Tim Hiller Western Michigan 37
5. OG Jon Asamoah Illinois 36
6. QB Sam Bradford Oklahoma 36
7. DE Branderon Deaderick Alabama 36
8. OLB Cody Grimm Virginia Tech 36
9. OT Sam Young Notre Dame 36
10. WR Demaryius Thomas Georgia Tech 34
11. C Ted Larsen North Carolina State 33
12. OT Cole Pemberton Colorado State 33

Tebow didn't make the list because it's said that he made up the questions this year ;)

Where did you get the list?

We have a pool going at work. Seriously. Long story.

OBF1
04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Demaryius is twice as smart as Brandan Marshall..... Decker even more so. Way to go coach :thumbs:

extralife
04-25-2010, 11:51 PM

For real; what's with Oxford boy coming in at 13?

UberBroncoMan
04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
For real; what's with Oxford boy coming in at 13?

Yeah... I'm kind of shocked Myron Rolle didn't get at least in the 40's. He wants to be a neurosurgeon, and quickly adapting to and solving problems seems an important quality to have. Still, it's not like he bombed it or anything.

Bronco Yoda
04-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Where did you get the list?

We have a pool going at work. Seriously. Long story.

A friend of mine sent it to me. I trust his stuff but have not confirmed it myself. I have seen about half of these numbers leaked out already...so I know it's on track. I'm betting a some draft board. He's a huge draftnick.

btw, I heard that Tebow had the lowest of all the QB's but still just below avg. for the position.

Doggcow
04-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Damn impressive by Thomas. Didn't expect that.

Love our draft this year so much.

Surprised Cox isnt on the list?

Bronco Boy
04-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Tebow got a 22. So did Brett Favre. Jesus also got a 22. And Sherman Hemsley who was tested when trying out for the role of George Jefferson.

Bronco Yoda
04-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Didn't V. Young get something like 6 points. Am I remembering that correctly. You get that many points just by writing your name down.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Didn't V. Young get something like 6 points. Am I remembering that correctly. You get that many points just by writing your name down.

It's not administered like that. He may have gotten all the questions right, but if it takes you several questions to answer, you lose a lot of points that way.

That's the point - it's testing your quickness in making decisions as well as the accuracy of those decisions.

Bronco Yoda
04-26-2010, 12:29 AM
It's not administered like that. He may have gotten all the questions right, but if it takes you several questions to answer, you lose a lot of points that way.

That's the point - it's testing your quickness in making decisions as well as the accuracy of those decisions.

I was joking :giggle:

Bronco Yoda
04-26-2010, 12:31 AM
sample wonderlic (ESPN)
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 05:06 AM

Because he's black, bro? Why wasn't it impressive by Decker?

Hilarious!

Dr. Broncenstein
04-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Damn impressive by Thomas. Didn't expect that.Love our draft this year so much.

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/thats_racist.gif

The Joker
04-26-2010, 05:30 AM
I did get the impression from looking at interviews with Thomas that he might not have been the sharpest knife in the drawer, to be fair.

Seems maybe that it is more a case of him being not all that much of an interview person, because you have to be smart to get a score like that.

Smart + camera shy.

Sounds just like our last #1 wideout. :wiggle:

The Joker
04-26-2010, 05:31 AM
How impressive is that score by Decker btw?

He didn't just have the highest score, he was comfortably ahead of everyone else.

SPORTSWRITER
04-26-2010, 05:40 AM

Just a rumor, mind you, but word has it that copies of the Wonderlic with answers are on just about every college campus and probably online now for all I know. This wouldn't surprise me, having heard a few years ago that copies of many exams from various teachers repeatedly given on many subjects were seemingly there for the cash, and paid liberally by alumni groups for use by sports prospects. Sad.

Now I can't prove the aforementioned, nor have I tried to do so, but I can attest to the fact that Masters and Doctoral theses were often actually advertised in college newspapers recently!! A relative showed me an ad like that a few short years ago. Maybe it was just a sting op, but it makes me wonder.

gunns
04-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Just a rumor, mind you, but word has it that copies of the Wonderlic with answers are on just about every college campus and probably online now for all I know. This wouldn't surprise me, having heard a few years ago that copies of many exams from various teachers repeatedly given on many subjects were seemingly there for the cash, and paid liberally by alumni groups for use by sports prospects. Sad.

Now I can't prove the aforementioned, nor have I tried to do so, but I can attest to the fact that Masters and Doctoral theses were often actually advertised in college newspapers recently!! A relative showed me an ad like that a few short years ago. Maybe it was just a sting op, but it makes me wonder.

If that's true makes you wonder just how stupid the one's that scored very low are.

RMT
04-26-2010, 06:48 AM
Tebow had a 22 - above average for an NFL player, slightly below average for a QB though.

yeah, Griese had a great Wonderlic score - didn't equate to a great NFL career, tho. the numbers that matter more are those compiled on the field. Tebow excelled there.

Steve Sewell
04-26-2010, 06:53 AM
yeah, Griese had a great Wonderlic score - didn't equate to a great NFL career, tho. the numbers that matter more are those compiled on the field. Tebow excelled there.

To add, Dan Marino has an abysmal wonderlic score. I would surmise that some of these guys have learning disabilities that make scoring well on these kind of tests very difficult.

The thing that I love about McD is that he put several of the guys through what I would consider to be football aptitude tests. Apparently he was able to teach Thomas the Broncos WR position in one session...very impressive. Thomas is going to be a freakin beast.

crowebomber
04-26-2010, 07:10 AM
We are going to destroy the rest of the league at NFL Jeopardy!!!

gyldenlove
04-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Tebow tried to take the Wonderlic, but the paper just crumbled on its own when he sat down to take the test.

Tebow was disqualified from the Wonderlic because a burning bush appeared next to him and began talking.

Rock Chalk
04-26-2010, 08:27 AM

Dan Marino got a 9.

HEAV
04-26-2010, 08:45 AM
While former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow wowed evaluators with his on-field performance at the NFL combine last month, he scored a 22 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test, the Palm Beach Post reported, citing an NFL source.

The 12-minute test measures an individual's learning and problem-solving abilities.

According to the Post, the average Wonderlic score for an NFL quarterback is 24. The newspaper also reported that the quarterback prospects in Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest rankings on ESPN.com -- Sam Bradford of Oklahoma (36), Colt McCoy of Texas (25) and Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame (23) -- scored higher than Tebow.

To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Tebow is a Heisman Trophy winner who won two national championships at Florida. According to the newspaper, he graduated with a 3.66 GPA majoring in family, youth and community services.

Grades and Wonderlic scores likely won't determine how his NFL future will unfold. In an attempt to better adapt to the pro game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He intends to show off his refined style on his pro day for scouts at the University of Florida on Wednesday.

"There are things that I can get a lot better at -- my fundamentals," Tebow said in February. "I've never been asked to shorten or quicken my release and not have a loop in it. The changes I'm making have gone very well and it's becoming more and more natural to me."

gyldenlove
04-26-2010, 08:54 AM
While former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow wowed evaluators with his on-field performance at the NFL combine last month, he scored a 22 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test, the Palm Beach Post reported, citing an NFL source.

The 12-minute test measures an individual's learning and problem-solving abilities.

According to the Post, the average Wonderlic score for an NFL quarterback is 24. The newspaper also reported that the quarterback prospects in Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest rankings on ESPN.com -- Sam Bradford of Oklahoma (36), Colt McCoy of Texas (25) and Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame (23) -- scored higher than Tebow.

To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Tebow is a Heisman Trophy winner who won two national championships at Florida. According to the newspaper, he graduated with a 3.66 GPA majoring in family, youth and community services.

Grades and Wonderlic scores likely won't determine how his NFL future will unfold. In an attempt to better adapt to the pro game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He intends to show off his refined style on his pro day for scouts at the University of Florida on Wednesday.

"There are things that I can get a lot better at -- my fundamentals," Tebow said in February. "I've never been asked to shorten or quicken my release and not have a loop in it. The changes I'm making have gone very well and it's becoming more and more natural to me."

On the other hand, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees both scored 28, Elway and Aikman 29 and Steve Young 33 while Jeff George 10, Kordell Stewart 13.5, Matt Jones and Derek Anderson 19.

There is no correlation between wonderlic scores and passer rating, you can cherrypick numbers either way to suit any argument but at the end of the day it doesn't mean much.

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Here's the thing that worries me about Denver. I have this theory that NE has drafted brains over brawn for a very long time. Oak has done just the opposite for decades & look at the W/L ratios for those two teams. I have no data... just a gut feeling. I worry that McD has brought that system to Pilehigh City. Don't want anything like NE in the AFCW. May your team be battered without mercy, amen

listopencil
04-26-2010, 01:39 PM

Actually I was worried about his intelligence because of the way he spoke at first. Poor sentence structure and horrible grammar. But as I listened to him I could perceive the intelligence behind his manner of speech. He sounded fairly quick witted to me.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Anybody remember Griese's Wonderlic score? Wasn't it fairly high?

seanpgk
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Anybody remember Griese's Wonderlic score? Wasn't it fairly high?

Think it was 39.

Pony Boy
04-26-2010, 02:05 PM
The test looks easy to me....

bombquixote
04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Tebow got a 22. So did Brett Favre. Jesus also got a 22. And Sherman Hemsley who was tested when trying out for the role of George Jefferson.

Jesus sucked at math and science.

Cosmo
04-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I bet I could score a 40+ on a wonderlic, I'm sure I could be a pro-QB :)

SPORTSWRITER
04-28-2010, 02:53 AM
If that's true makes you wonder just how stupid the one's that scored very low are.

Really!! Or how much importance they give to character, reputation, intelligence, etc. when it comes to the NFL personality profile. Some just don't realize how much intelligence it takes to play in the NFL, and just tell themselves, being physical is enough to get by. They'll learn soon enough though.

fdf
04-28-2010, 07:04 AM
1. WR Eric Decker Minnesota 43 2. OT Adam Ulatoski Texas 39
3. QB Max Hall BYU 38
4. QB Tim Hiller Western Michigan 37
5. OG Jon Asamoah Illinois 36
6. QB Sam Bradford Oklahoma 36
7. DE Branderon Deaderick Alabama 36
8. OLB Cody Grimm Virginia Tech 36
9. OT Sam Young Notre Dame 36
10. WR Demaryius Thomas Georgia Tech 34
11. C Ted Larsen North Carolina State 33
12. OT Cole Pemberton Colorado State 33

WR normally have the lowest scores on the Wonderlic of any group except, I think, RB. OTOH, smart OL are expected. OL are the smartest group, on average, except for QB.

Getting two wides with smarts like this is unusual in one draft.