PDA

View Full Version : Is McDaniels copying Shanahan?

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm sure baja will agree that you can't blame Josh for copying such an experienced, successful coach.

But this is some eerie stuff, guys ...

2006 and 2010 Drafts .... in the first 7 picks:

Traded up for 1st Round QB (just second/third times 1st round QB selected in franchise history)
One Center
One Guard
Two WRs
One defender

Wow ... eerie.

Can't blame Josh, though. Copying Mike is a good idea.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
If the 2010 draft is anywhere near as good as 2006, that would be awesome.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

TonyR
04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Traded up for 1st Round QB (just second/third times 1st round QB selected in franchise history)
One Center
One Guard
Two WRs
One defender

Two centers were drafted, Walton and Olsen.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Two centers were drafted, Walton and Olsen.

You made my point for me.

Bob's your Information Minister
Copying a guy who had one playoff win in 10 years is a good idea?

BroncoBuff

Just wait .... baja will explain it.

OABB
04-25-2010, 08:00 PM

For the chiefs maybe.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey, I'm not saying anyone should copy Carl Peterson.

theAPAOps5
04-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Actually copying Mike is a bad idea since Bowlen wanted a change. And to answer your question, no he isn't. He is his own man and own coach.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
And to answer your question, no he isn't. He is his own man and own coach.

Which is exactly what Mike is!!

You're beginning to see now :thumbs:

Rohirrim
04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
The drafting of Tebow has unhinged the Mane.

theAPAOps5
04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Nope I am not seeing anything. Mike brought in free agents with issues and coddled star players. McD has gotten rid of the bad apples and has drafted talented players with a team first attitude. Save for a few outliers like Cox.

Beginning to get it now?

bombay
04-25-2010, 08:09 PM
You made my point for me.

Really?

What is it? Drafting two centers makes it make sense?

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Beginning to get it now?

Yes, yes, good stuff ... a few of the guys indeed are coming around on this Apa.

theAPAOps5
04-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, yes, good stuff ... a few of the guys indeed are coming around on this Apa.

Glad I could help....

Rohirrim
04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Josh was the offensive coordinator of an undefeated team in 2007. I'm guessing that is what he wants to duplicate.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Josh was the offensive coordinator of an undefeated team in 2007. I'm guessing that is what he wants to duplicate.

No, Roh ... Josh is head coach now.

Gotta think outside the box on this ... remember how baja showed us?

gunns
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Nope I am not seeing anything. Mike brought in free agents with issues and coddled star players. McD has gotten rid of the bad apples and has drafted talented players with a team first attitude. Save for a few outliers like Cox.

Beginning to get it now?

I have to agree. The fact Shanahan had maybe two good overall drafts in the past 10 years, it seems too convenient to use his best one. And the other fact that the draft in 2006 didn't improve the team past their average of 9-7 for those 10 years seems to me that Shanahan was still missing what was missing. I think McD has done a very good job in his second draft, FA and we'll see if his draft and FA moves improve the team more than Shanahan's did. One thing I do know, Josh isn't copying Shanahan's moves for the defense. In one season they improved significantly, but then again there was no where to go but up.

bombay
04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I still have no idea what the point is.

broncswin
04-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Buff I am confused with all this...must have missed something earlier, was away for awhile

theAPAOps5
04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Solid take Gunns. The one point I disagree with is McD's handling of the defense. Shanny went through DC's like Bob goes through Twinkies. Same can be said for McD so far as his hand picked DC, Nolan, left to get more control. McD has made great defensive player moves but I worry about his ability to work with his DC.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Buff I am confused with all this...must have missed something earlier, was away for awhile

Just having fun with baja, and his equally (or slightly more) inane thread, theorizing Mike was "copying" the brash, young Josh.

OBF1
04-25-2010, 08:32 PM
I have no idea what the point is since Baja has been on my ignore list for a while.

McDaniels is nothing like Shanny

UberBroncoMan
04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
If the 2010 draft is anywhere near as good as 2006, that would be awesome.

The 2006 draft is one of the best by any teams in the modern era. Three pro-bowlers + the top YPC TE in the NFL and a solid starting RG.

gunns
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Solid take Gunns. The one point I disagree with is McD's handling of the defense. Shanny went through DC's like Bob goes through Twinkies. Same can be said for McD so far as his hand picked DC, Nolan, left to get more control. McD has made great defensive player moves but I worry about his ability to work with his DC.

That may be true but I give him the benefit of the doubt after only 1 year compared to Shanahan's last 10.

Drek
04-26-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm sure baja will agree that you can't blame Josh for copying such an experienced, successful coach.

But this is some eerie stuff, guys ...

2006 and 2010 Drafts .... in the first 7 picks:

Traded up for Football Jesus
One Center
One Guard
Two WRs
One defender

Wow ... eerie.

Can't blame Josh, though. Copying Mike is a good idea.
Fixed that for you buff.

And lets hope we get better results. Namely a QB who actually develops in the NFL and a WR who wants to play in Denver.

And did you list Scheffler as a WR? I guess that makes sense since he can't block as well as Marshall, Royal, etc., but when we put him in as a TE that is a pretty big negative.

55CrushEm
04-26-2010, 04:11 AM

He's a Shanny nut-swinger.......isn't that obvious?

TonyR
04-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Really?

I don't know who's more confused, Buff or us. He says one center, I point out that it's two, and I made his point for him?

ColoradoDarin
04-26-2010, 06:29 AM
I was going to start a post "Is Buff copying baja?" but there was no need.... :)

The Joker
04-26-2010, 06:53 AM
People are actually taking this thread seriously?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/dowie.jpg

Paladin
04-26-2010, 07:06 AM

He's trying to jerk off Shanahan again. Remember, he is a McD detractor (hater for short). He digs for any tiny piece of info that he can manipulate into another Shanahan loving, McD hating thread to stir up shyte.

Buff, we get it. You don't like McD, and you just miss Shanahan sooooooooooo much. He belittles the picks, he wants to bash teh Brocnso's FO anyway he can.

He's a dirtbag.....

sixtimeseight
04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
crap thread

Eldorado
04-26-2010, 08:30 AM
crap thread

I think you meant to post this in the ambien thread.

Cito Pelon
04-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Really?

I do believe Buff is satirizing Baja.

Which is ok, good to break up the constant Tebow, Tebow, Tebow chatter.

DenverBrit
04-26-2010, 09:14 AM

LOL

You're trying to satirize satire.

Shoemaker
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Fixed that for you buff.

And lets hope we get better results. Namely a QB who actually develops in the NFL and a WR who wants to play in Denver.

And did you list Scheffler as a WR? I guess that makes sense since he can't block as well as Marshall, Royal, etc., but when we put him in as a TE that is a pretty big negative.

Drek, don't tell me that you forgot we drafted HIXON in 2006 as well.

No self respecting Broncos fan could ever forget the majesty of HIXON or the glory that he brought to this team.

I'm disappointed in you.

azbroncfan
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM

Got to admit that is pretty funny Bob.

Drek
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Drek, don't tell me that you forgot we drafted HIXON in 2006 as well.

No self respecting Broncos fan could ever forget the majesty of HIXON or the glory that he brought to this team.

I'm disappointed in you.

Sorry, I personally try hard to forget the talented guy we gave up on too early.

It still makes the "first seven picks" thing by Buff an inaccurate comparison.

Shanahan never drafted Football Jesus, though in fairness there is only one. Comparing him to a QB, especially a Satan worshiper like Cutler, is just wrong.

Cito Pelon
04-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry, I personally try hard to forget the talented guy we gave up on too early.

It still makes the "first seven picks" thing by Buff an inaccurate comparison.

Shanahan never drafted Football Jesus, though in fairness there is only one. Comparing him to a QB, especially a Satan worshiper like Cutler, is just wrong.

Demonic, in fact.

But, Buff is a sophist, and sophists have been long recognized by the Vatican as being in league with the Prince of Darkness.

baja
04-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Imagination & humor, two attributes that have escaped you my young friend. ;D