PDA

View Full Version : Dominating the nation's best

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll just leave this here...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/INxqYDAFSQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/INxqYDAFSQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Joker
04-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Video of just his runs. (how do you embed videos btw?)

Some of these are hilarious.

Check out the run at 0:46. He absolutely decimates the poor bastard that tries to tackle him. :rofl:

1:30 is such a great run. Bounces off a tackler and turns it upfield. Then carries the tackler for at least 15 yards (video cuts away, annoyingly) at the end of the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsS3nlGbqrE

s0phr0syne
04-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Are you guys serious? These highlights helped solidify Tebow as a player to you?

After watching them, I'm questioning the ability of the player more than ever. I was coming around to the acceptance phase, but now... ::thumbsdown::

Broncomutt
04-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Are you guys serious? These highlights helped solidify Tebow as a player to you?

After watching them, I'm questioning the ability of the player more than ever. I was coming around to the acceptance phase, but now... ::thumbsdown::

I agree. I don't watch a ton of college football so those highlights kinda confirm for me why some people think a 1st round pick for him was a reach.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 06:10 AM

I agree. I don't watch a ton of college football so those highlights kinda confirm for me why some people think a 1st round pick for him was a reach.

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

The video shows that he has it all, and has it all against top flight competition... many of which are solid NFL players already, many more will be soon. The only things missing are coachable, and the number of guys in the world you'd rather be coaching those mechanics, footwork and progressions could fit on at maximum one hand. He just made a guy look decent last year that makes Bledsoe look mobile and can't deliver a ball 15+ yards, and you can watch that video without absolutely salivating?

BMarsh615
04-26-2010, 06:18 AM

Download last years Sugar Bowl where he completed 31/35 passes for 482 yards and 3 TD's with 0 Int's and tell me if you have the same opinion of Tebow. Heck just watch a couple of his games and you will see how much potential Tebow has.

Sugar Bowl download link (http://leech.tenyardtorrents.com/details.php?id=9014)

Here is a good website that you don't have to download anything, it should have every regular season game from Florida (and other SEC schools) in 2008. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/270.0/popup/index.php?rn=9033886&ch=9372372&cl=10567393

cmhargrove
04-26-2010, 06:19 AM
After watching that video - I will start screaming and cheering the first time I see us line up for the inside veer play with Tebow and Moreno. If we can get that play to work on short yardage it will be absolutely hilarious (and awesome).

TheDave
04-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Love this video...

My only question is does McKidd have enough nuts to allow this kid to play like he does. If we are hoping he turns into tom brady we are ****ed. If on the other hand, Mckidd has enough creativity to create the pro-version of the florida offense and let this kid do what he does... well... this could get interesting.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Love this video...

My only question is does McKidd have enough nuts to allow this kid to play like he does. If we are hoping he turns into tom brady we are ****ed. If on the other hand, Mckidd has enough creativity to create the pro-version of the florida offense and let this kid do what he does... well... this could get interesting.

He had the balls to give Kyle Orton a starting job, he has the balls to let Tebow run with scissors.

Jesterhole
04-26-2010, 06:30 AM

I think he is just making it look easy. I'm starting to get excited thinking about him running a red zone wildcat style offense.

And what about the video do you not like? A 250 guy that can make all the throws, run over linebackers and outrun defensive backs?

jhns
04-26-2010, 06:41 AM
I like how so many here have been talking about how McDaniels doesn't want QBs that go off script (run around after broken plays/improvise). McDaniels came out after drafting Tebow with a list of what he loves about Tebow. That list was a bunch of "he will make something happen if the play breaks down. He has the ability to improvise."

Well, that and all of you arguing that Orton is actually getting the job done here. I think McDaniels agreed with me all along. I should bump some threads and laugh at some of you that did nothing but troll when I was actually the one agreeing with the coach. It will make your "I will say anything to support McDaniels" type arguments really funny.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Love this video...

One other thing...

I think he's gonna be ready wayyyyyyyyy sooner than anyone expects. Way sooner. :wiggle:

Steve Sewell
04-26-2010, 06:47 AM
The video showed me that Tebow is capable of throwing the deep ball and deep outs with accuracy on the run. Need to keep in mind that these are "highlights"...every draft pick probably has a video of highlights that make them look all world.

Steve Sewell
04-26-2010, 06:49 AM
I like how so many here have been talking about how McDaniels doesn't want QBs that go off script (run around after broken plays/improvise). McDaniels came out after drafting Tebow with a list of what he loves about Tebow. That list was a bunch of "he will make something happen if the play breaks down. He has the ability to improvise."

Well, that and all of you arguing that Orton is actually getting the job done here. I think McDaniels agreed with me all along. I should bump some threads and laugh at some of you that did nothing but troll when I was actually the one agreeing with the coach. It will make your "I will say anything to support McDaniels" type arguments really funny.

Again, in most of the threads that you have hijacked recently, people were arguing that your love, Cutler, was no better than Orton. At least the ones that I've been participating in.

jhns
04-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Again, in most of the threads that you have hijacked recently, people were arguing that your love, Cutler, was no better than Orton. At least the ones that I've been participating in.

That I have hijacked? I would love for you to show one that I hijacked.

Anyways, I don't even know who you are. I have seen you around for about 2 weeks now. How are you going to tell me what arguments I have had if you haven't even been around? You keep saying this but I can bump many arguments that were onlu about Ortons performance last year. I don't really get why you are commenting on stuff you obviously have no clue about.

Anyways, back to the real point. It is really funny that McDaniels drafted this guy and says that he loves him being able to improvise as people claim this type of QB doesn't fit his system.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 07:04 AM
The video showed me that Tebow is capable of throwing the deep ball and deep outs with accuracy on the run. Need to keep in mind that these are "highlights"...every draft pick probably has a video of highlights that make them look all world.

College awards and honors
2006 season

* SEC All-Freshman Team[91]
* SEC Freshman of the Week[92]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007

* Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week[93]
* Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, three times[94][95][96]
* Davey O'Brien Award winner[97]
* Heisman Trophy winner
* Maxwell Award winner[97]
* Walter Camp Award finalist[98]
* Sporting News Player of the Year
* Harley Award winner
* NCAA QB of the Year[99]
* ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American football team[100]
* Manning Award finalist[100]
* Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[101]
* Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[102]
* First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[103] Coaches,[104] Rivals.com[102])
* Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[103]
* Associated Press Player of the Year[105]
* First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
* James E. Sullivan Award, awarded to the Nations top amateur athlete[106]
* Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[107] Third Florida Gator to win this award, Danny Wuerffel (won twice) and Ryan Lochte.
* ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[108]

2008 season

* First-team All-America by College Football News.
* Disney Spirit Award[109]
* ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
* Heisman Trophy finalist
* Manning Award winner
* Maxwell Award winner
* Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[110]
* 2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
* First-team All-SEC (AP,[111] Coaches,[112] Rivals.com[113])
* Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
* Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[114]
* Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season

* William V. Campbell Trophy (formerly the Vincent dePaul Draddy Trophy, "The Academic Heisman") winner
* Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
* Heisman Trophy finalist
* First-team All-SEC (AP,[115] Coaches,[116] Rivals.com[117])
* Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
* Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
* Sugar Bowl Most Outstanding Player[118]
* Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[119]

bronclvr
04-26-2010, 07:25 AM
The question that keeps popping up in my mind is: at this point in their Career (ie:coming out of College), which one would you rather have-Tebow or Cutler?

Drek
04-26-2010, 07:38 AM

1. McDaniels does want a guy who sticks to the script. Guys like Cutler and Favre who view the called play as a loose suggestion aren't what McDaniels wants.

Despite that there will be times when plays break down, and having someone who can make something happen at that point instead of look like a deer in headlights (a la Orton) is a valuable asset.

2. Orton is getting the job done. I'll reiterate what I said about Orton after the season ended. He's a good QB. He might become a very good QB. He is not very likely to become an elite QB. Short of having an all world D and/or running game Orton is good for getting into the playoffs and getting a quick bounce by the Colts, Pats, etc.

That is good enough for now since we haven't been to the playoffs in three years. But McDaniels is smart enough to recognize the #1 reason QBs bust. Lack of dedication and effort. Peyton Manning sucked his first year. When it ended he loaded so much tape up into the back of his car you couldn't see out the back window. He spent the whole off-season working on what he did wrong and came back a changed player. Tom Brady couldn't throw a football through a pane of glass coming out of Michigan. After years of being the first guy in and last guy out of the training room in Foxborough he's an elite QB who puts up great deep ball numbers. Meanwhile natural talents like Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, etc. all either folded under the intense scrutiny or just never even tried to put in that level of work.

In Tebow McDaniels likely sees a guy who needs a lot of fundamentals education, but at the same time offers the elite athleticism of the later guys I listed with the work ethic of the former.

McDaniels didn't draft Orton's replacement for 2010 or probably even 2011. He drafted a long term franchise QB who will take over when Orton gets us as far as Orton will ever be able to (first and second round playoff loses).

Garcia Bronco
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
The question that keeps popping up in my mind is: at this point in their Career (ie:coming out of College), which one would you rather have-Tebow or Cutler?

Coming out of college? Tebow hands down.

jhns
04-26-2010, 07:43 AM
1. McDaniels does want a guy who sticks to the script. Guys like Cutler and Favre who view the called play as a loose suggestion aren't what McDaniels wants.
Despite that there will be times when plays break down, and having someone who can make something happen at that point instead of look like a deer in headlights (a la Orton) is a valuable asset.

This is a nice spin and all but people said this exact thing in some Big Ben threads and McDaniels specifically mentioned Ben when talking about this stuff. I'm not even sure what you are saying with Cutler and Favre. Are you claiming they change the plays or something?

jhns
04-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Coming out of college? Tebow hands down.

This is what a lot of the homer Bronco fans will say. Fact is, 11 vs 20 something. The NFL says Cutler. All scouting services that go public and all "draft gurus" agree with that. No one called the Cutler pick a reach at 11. I have been hearing a ton of reach talk with Tebow in the late first. Cutler was far more pro ready coming out of college.

Rabb
04-26-2010, 07:48 AM
3:31

just wow

montrose
04-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Dude's a ****ing beast, I'm so pumped he's on our team. What an addition to the 53...

Steve Sewell
04-26-2010, 08:19 AM
That I have hijacked? I would love for you to show one that I hijacked.

Anyways, I don't even know who you are. I have seen you around for about 2 weeks now. How are you going to tell me what arguments I have had if you haven't even been around? You keep saying this but I can bump many arguments that were onlu about Ortons performance last year. I don't really get why you are commenting on stuff you obviously have no clue about.

Anyways, back to the real point. It is really funny that McDaniels drafted this guy and says that he loves him being able to improvise as people claim this type of QB doesn't fit his system.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90877

SureShot
04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
One other thing...

I think he's gonna be ready wayyyyyyyyy sooner than anyone expects. Way sooner. :wiggle:

October 24, 2010.

Cosmo
04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Anyone watch Tim Tebow: The chosen one? Its a documentary about him coming out of high school. Apparently he played one game where he broke his leg, and continued to play on it. He talked about he could hear it snapping and popping all game long. lolwut?!

Check out Youtube to watch it.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 08:30 AM
October 24, 2010.

May 20th, 2010

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Anyone watch Tim Tebow: The chosen one? Its a documentary about him coming out of high school. Apparently he played one game where he broke his leg, and continued to play on it. He talked about he could hear it snapping and popping all game long. lolwut?!

Check out Youtube to watch it.

Yeah he also played in college with a broken non-throwing hand.

http://bigjournalism.com/files/2010/01/tim-tebow.jpg

COME AT ME BRO

jhns
04-26-2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90877

Umm, first off, you are trying to hijack this thread right now. Second, I was about the 10th person to get in on the Cutler talk. If that is me hijacking it, then I guess I hijacked it...

SureShot
04-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah he also played in college with a broken non-throwing hand.

http://bigjournalism.com/files/2010/01/tim-tebow.jpg

COME AT ME BRO

One shot kid! One shot!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpKH7a2PFEE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpKH7a2PFEE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

StugotsIII
04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
I'll just leave this here...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/INxqYDAFSQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/INxqYDAFSQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Do you really think Denver will be running speed option out of the gun with Tebow in the NFL?

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Do you really think Denver will be running speed option out of the gun with Tebow in the NFL?

We effectively ran the option with Cutler. Do I think we'll do that with regularity with Tebow? No. Do I think it'll come into play 10+ times per season? Yes.

Mediator12
04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
This is a nice spin and all but people said this exact thing in some Big Ben threads and McDaniels specifically mentioned Ben when talking about this stuff. I'm not even sure what you are saying with Cutler and Favre. Are you claiming they change the plays or something?

Cutler and Favre Both throw balls into the teeth of the defense and fail to finish plays as they are designed versus the coverage called by the defense. They use the huge arm to force a ball into coverage, despite taking what the coverage dictates from the play. That is what a gunslinger is. A player willing to try and make the impossible throw in order to make the big play, instead of just making the right reads and putting the ball where it needs to go, or throwing it away.

In short, they cheat plays to make plays. That is not the same as improvising after a play breaks down.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Regardless of whether you like the Tebow pick or not, he can't throw his body around in the NFL like he did in college. He won't have a very long career in the NFL if goes head first into tacklers all the time...

broncosteven
04-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Can I see Tebow start 4 regular season games before I answer that?

Mediator12
04-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I am sorry, but did everyone else miss the Comments from McDaniels about playing an NFL version of the Florida spread, including stealing plays from Meyer before the last Superbowl run when they put up the most points by an NFL team in a season?

The shotgun oriented offense is why he went after Orton in the first place as Joe Tiller ran it @ Purdue and Orton was a really solid Shotgun QB in College with very average WR's around him. It is the exact same reason why He sees value in Tim Tebow in this system. He has already learned a lot of the nuances of the offense McDaniels wants to run. He already knows the scheme progressions in the passing game, a lot of the running game, and certainly brings mobility to the table that Orton lacks.

The offense he ran in NE and the offense he wants to implement in DEN is based on being able to run different scheme's every week to take advantage of the defense they are playing. That is why they were so successful in the NE SB run. The team we saw struggle the last half of the year lacked several things that offense needed. They need Smart players on the OL who can adjust week to week. Drafted a few of those. They need smart WR's that can be dual threats in both the running and passing game. Got 2 of those. They need a QB who can adjust his game week to week to implement scheme changes. Got one of those.

McDaniels is moving this team in the direction and mold he wants to see on the field. Add in all the FA DL and Defenders they have brought in the last 2 years and you see where they are headed. Now, the offense is moving to the scheme he really wants to play and implement after already changing the whole defense last year. Tebow Will be a part of that. How much right away? Who knows. However, they will utilize his unique skills to mismatch defenses right away and until someone shows they can stop them. Miami was still really successful running the Wildcat last year even after teams had tape on them.

Plus, they drafted a few CB's after the Defense fell apart in the secondary with injuries and poor play the second half of the year.

Rohirrim
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Cutler and Favre Both throw balls into the teeth of the defense and fail to finish plays as they are designed versus the coverage called by the defense. They use the huge arm to force a ball into coverage, despite taking what the coverage dictates from the play. That is what a gunslinger is. A player willing to try and make the impossible throw in order to make the big play, instead of just making the right reads and putting the ball where it needs to go, or throwing it away.

In short, they cheat plays to make plays. That is not the same as improvising after a play breaks down.

Elway was famous for it too. You could tell just by looking at Reeves' face. Ha!

TheDave
04-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I am sorry, but did everyone else miss the Comments from McDaniels about playing an NFL version of the Florida spread, including stealing plays from Meyer before the last Superbowl run when they put up the most points by an NFL team in a season?

The shotgun oriented offense is why he went after Orton in the first place as Joe Tiller ran it @ Purdue and Orton was a really solid Shotgun QB in College with very average WR's around him. It is the exact same reason why He sees value in Tim Tebow in this system. He has already learned a lot of the nuances of the offense McDaniels wants to run. He already knows the scheme progressions in the passing game, a lot of the running game, and certainly brings mobility to the table that Orton lacks.

IMO the problem comes in when we say we are going to run the "nfl version" of the florida spread.

If we think that this kid will ever resemble the tom brady that ran the offense in 2008 were in a lot of trouble. If on the other hand we actually run a version that incorporates his running ability then I think we have a chance with him.

My fear is that McKidd & CO. will try to fit Tebow into the same box that Tome Brady is in. If we want to be successful with him he needs to be in a system that lets him use his athleticism.

Mediator12
04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
IMO the problem comes in when we say we are going to run the "nfl version" of the florida spread.

If we think that this kid will ever resemble the tom brady that ran the offense in 2008 were in a lot of trouble. If on the other hand we actually run a version that incorporates his running ability then I think we have a chance with him.

My fear is that McKidd & CO. will try to fit Tebow into the same box that Tome Brady is in. If we want to be successful with him he needs to be in a system that lets him use his athleticism.

That is part of it. Brady ran the version with little movement out of the pocket. They ran the straight Shotgun power running game version and had outstanding success throwing the football.

DEN's version would most likely entail a more running game element to open up the passing game with Tebow. Spread teams out and run the football with power and then adjust if they try and take away the run by taking advantage of the 2 large WR's they just drafted in single coverage. Tebow would not be a Version of Tom Brady, but in an offense more suited to his talents and abilities until his passing game catches up with his athleticism.

It took Brady four years to be an above average NFL passer. That team won its first 2 SB's on Defense and an average offense, unlike their current setup with Brady as the key.

broncosteven
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM

If anything last year mCd seemed (On O) to run plays that were not well suited to the skillset of the players.

Running Power run with a weak interior line, admitting to not getting Royal more involved in the passing attack.

Hopefully he learned last year that the NFL is not black and white and he can work some gray into the playbook for Tebow.

I really would like to see him try to run/tweak some Wing or old school T type formations.

Rohirrim
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
That is part of it. Brady ran the version with little movement out of the pocket. They ran the straight Shotgun power running game version and had outstanding success throwing the football.

DEN's version would most likely entail a more running game element to open up the passing game with Tebow. Spread teams out and run the football with power and then adjust if they try and take away the run by taking advantage of the 2 large WR's they just drafted in single coverage. Tebow would not be a Version of Tom Brady, but in an offense more suited to his talents and abilities until his passing game catches up with his athleticism.

It took Brady four years to be an above average NFL passer. That team won its first 2 SB's on Defense and an average offense, unlike their current setup with Brady as the key.

The Broncos are going to have a hell of a five receiver set for the spread. I keep saying, if you want to watch where the Broncos are going, just watch the 2007 Pats. I just don't see how Tebow fits into that mold.

Beantown Bronco
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
they will utilize his unique skills to mismatch defenses right away and until someone shows they can stop them. Miami was still really successful running the Wildcat last year even after teams had tape on them.

I'm still mystified to this day about why we didn't run the wild horses more (or at all) after the NE game last year. It literally couldn't have worked much better than it did, yet they seemed to just abandon it completely after that game.

Rohirrim
04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm still mystified to this day about why we didn't run the wild horses more (or at all) after the NE game last year. It literally couldn't have worked much better than it did, yet they seemed to just abandon it completely after that game.

IMO, the middle of our Oline just couldn't hold up. No protection.

StugotsIII
04-26-2010, 11:54 AM
We effectively ran the option with Cutler. Do I think we'll do that with regularity with Tebow? No. Do I think it'll come into play 10+ times per season? Yes.

Oh...thank god we drafted a player in the first round that can run 10+ plays in the regular season.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 11:56 AM

Nah. I think Orton has been doing exactly what McD wants of him. That's what Tebow is going to have to work on- reading Defenses, making solid decisions, managing the game at a pro level. If McD can get him to the point where he has the same or better game management skills than Orton, then Tebow will absolutely be the better QB, just because Tebow has superior physical ability.

So right now we are all talking about ways to use that physical ability, like the Wild Horses set. But don't underrate the mental aspect of Orton's game. We still need that to win.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh...thank god we drafted a player in the first round that can run 10+ plays in the regular season.

Well, that's better than starting a rookie QB and throwing away a season.

Popps
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Love this video...

My only question is does McKidd have enough nuts to allow this kid to play like he does. If we are hoping he turns into tom brady we are ****ed. .

Well, he's certainly going to expect him to be able to stand in the pocket and behave like a grown-up QB.

But, if you listen to his press conference, he made the point a couple of times that he (paraphrased) "liked his ability to make something happen when what you drew up isn't there."

In other words, what Orton can't do.

Question is, can Tebow be efficient like Orton when given time?

Should be fun to watch this play out. I love the idea of Tebow having a teacher like McDaniels.

JJJ
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
He is a white Vince Young. Expect similiar results.

Popps
04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
I am sorry, but did everyone else miss the Comments from McDaniels about playing an NFL version of the Florida spread, including stealing plays from Meyer before the last Superbowl run when they put up the most points by an NFL team in a season?.

Even Tebow made the point that a lot of those Myer plays ended up in New England.

The offense he ran in NE and the offense he wants to implement in DEN is based on being able to run different scheme's every week to take advantage of the defense they are playing. That is why they were so successful in the NE SB run. The team we saw struggle the last half of the year lacked several things that offense needed. They need Smart players on the OL who can adjust week to week. Drafted a few of those. They need smart WR's that can be dual threats in both the running and passing game. Got 2 of those. They need a QB who can adjust his game week to week to implement scheme changes. Got one of those.

McDaniels is moving this team in the direction and mold he wants to see on the field. Add in all the FA DL and Defenders they have brought in the last 2 years and you see where they are headed. Now, the offense is moving to the scheme he really wants to play and implement after already changing the whole defense last year. Tebow Will be a part of that. How much right away? Who knows. However, they will utilize his unique skills to mismatch defenses right away and until someone shows they can stop them. Miami was still really successful running the Wildcat last year even after teams had tape on them.

Plus, they drafted a few CB's after the Defense fell apart in the secondary with injuries and poor play the second half of the year.

People should spend less time posting and more time reading Mediator's posts.

TheDave
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
People should spend less time posting and more time reading...

Oh the irony... ;)

Kyle
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
At about 55 sec in the original video he "Pump fakes" but instead of with the ball he does it with a step like he is going to run. It is like a play action thing where he is the running back selling the run. It looked like it worked too. It was a little strange.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Man- just look at that pass on the play that starts right around 02:05. He's scrambling to his left and just drops the ball in to the receiver over the defenders. Good stuff.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
At about 55 sec in the original video he "Pump fakes" but instead of with the ball he does it with a step like he is going to run. It is like a play action thing where he is the running back selling the run. It looked like it worked too. It was a little strange.

Yeah, he'll do that to pull the defenders in, clears up room for the receivers.

epicSocialism4tw
04-26-2010, 12:15 PM
One other thing...

I agree. This fella has tons of high-level college experience and seemed to thrive in the most important games. He also hit the field early at Florida because they couldnt keep him off it. He split time with Chris Leak.

He'll play this year. Probably not all the snaps, but he'll get some for sure.

broncosteven
04-26-2010, 12:27 PM
If Tebow brings back the jump pass to the NFL I will be happy.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 12:29 PM

How in god's name did you infer that from the conversation?

jhns
04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Nah. I think Orton has been doing exactly what McD wants of him.

I don't think the offseason moves show this at all. We traded for Quinn and drafted a guy in the first. I don't think that happens if your QB is getting the job done.

SureShot
04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
How in Tebow's name did you infer that from the conversation?

Fixed

broncosteven
04-26-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't think the offseason moves show this at all. We traded for Quinn and drafted a guy in the first. I don't think that happens if your QB is getting the job done.

Quinn is probablly more for backup and reclamation and to push Orton. Now I am guessing if Orton sticks he will be gone for sure next year. It will be interesting what happens with his tender.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Fixed

Tebow bless you.

jhns
04-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Quinn is probablly more for backup and reclamation and to push Orton. Now I am guessing if Orton sticks he will be gone for sure next year. It will be interesting what happens with his tender.

Yeah, I doubt Quinn gets a real shot at starting now. Orton should be better in this system right now and obviously Tebow is being looked at as the future. I think the only competition for the starting job will be to see if Tebow can be better than Orton this season.

ghwk
04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
All I can say is he thows left handed better than Orton does.

StugotsIII
04-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Great...72 career passer rating...

PS...Tebow is no where as fast as Young.

StugotsIII
04-26-2010, 12:41 PM
How in god's name did you infer that from the conversation?

The dude said that Denver will run the option 10+ times...pretty simple.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 01:01 PM
The dude said that Denver will run the option 10+ times...pretty simple.

If you're retarded and think Tebow's ONLY capable of running 1 ****ing play, then sure, you're spot on. Otherwise, stick to your coloring books and legos.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM

Like offensive Rookie of the Year? Cool!

Pontius Pirate
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I wonder how those option runs and over-the-middle duck passes will do in the NFL?

BMarsh615
04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
At the 1:29 is one of my favorite plays in all the Tebow highlight videos.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl#t=01m20s =en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl#t=01m20s =en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

outdoor_miner
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Jay Cutler was the 11th pick in the draft, and he was not expected to start for 1 or 2 years. How is that any different?

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM
I wonder how those option runs and over-the-middle duck passes will do in the NFL?

Why even worry about it? There's 31 other teams you can root for. Try going to the faid, you have the acumen.

StugotsIII
04-26-2010, 01:38 PM
If you're retarded and think Tebow's ONLY capable of running 1 ****ing play, then sure, you're spot on. Otherwise, stick to your coloring books and legos.

He won't be capable of running that play either...the NFL is far too fast for the speed option and his blazing 4.7 40 time.

1. Can't read defenses
2. Average speed
3. Weak arm
4. Not a natural passer

I'm not sure why anyone is excited about him...

broncocalijohn
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
He had the balls to give Kyle Orton a starting job, he has the balls to let Tebow run with scissors.

what i have been saying since we drafted him. Tebow is going to be on the field and play smash football. Orton is in there to be a regular QB. If Tebow plays, it might be for 5 plays or so and the defense wont know if it is a run or pass. With all the problems with short yardage situations, Tebow can be our savior (yes, pun intended).

NYBronco
04-26-2010, 01:45 PM

I like the Tebow pick and agree with your deep ball ability and accuracy point. I was watching his passing skills in particular hearing the "experts" question his accuracy.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2010, 01:46 PM
He won't be capable of running that play either...the NFL is far too fast for the speed option and his blazing 4.7 40 time.

1. Can't read defenses
2. Average speed
3. Weak arm
4. Not a natural passer

eh, ok.

Pontius Pirate
04-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Why even worry about it? There's 31 other teams you can root for. Try going to the faid, you have the acumen.

Yes, it's like a Mensa society in here. So hard to keep up with these "Tim Tebow has great character" and "Look at Tim Tebow he run good wow me like" threads.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, it's like a Mensa society in here. So hard to keep up with these "Tim Tebow has great character" and "Look at Tim Tebow he run good wow me like" threads.

Yah I know. Go figure, a Broncos message board excited about a draft pick. What's the world coming to?

listopencil
04-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Well, I'm looking at in stages.

We had Orton, Simms and Brandy. We acquired Quinn and dumped Simms.

We had Orton, Quinn and Brandy. We acquired Tebow, who should take quite a while to see the field. I'm thinking Brandy gets cut or goes on the Practice Squad.

So we have Orton, Quinn and Tebow. In that order. I don't think either Quinn or Tebow are going to outplay Orton this year. Maybe not next year either. If McD wanted to replace Orton as the starter he could have gone after McNabb but he didn't. Looks to me like this is a long term move, not a reaction to some defect in Orton.

NYBronco
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
At the 1:29 is one of my favorite plays in all the Tebow highlight videos.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl#t=01m20s =en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl#t=01m20s =en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The play at 3:02 vs Tennessee is one of those "jump" passes. It looks like Tebow was given the option to throw the ball if the QB run option wasn't going to get him in the end zone. Tennessee stuffed the running lanes and Tebow stopped, jumped and TD.

jhns
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Looks to me like this is a long term move, not a reaction to some defect in Orton.

Orton is fairly young. He would be the long term solution if he was getting the job done. Tebow may not start right away but this does not change the fact that you don't draft first round QBs if you think you have good QB play on the team(that is unless your starter is old and you are preparing for his retirement).

BMarsh615
04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Tebow isn't inaccurate and doesn't have a weak arm. Tebow has the strongest arm out of all the QB's drafted in the first 3 rounds. Bradford gets all this hype for being accurate but ESPN showed Tebow and Bradford's deep ball completion % last year and Tebow's was higher, I know Bradford got hurt but still.

listopencil
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Orton is fairly young. He would be the long term solution if he was getting the job done. Tebow may not start right away but this does not change the fact that you don't draft first round QBs if you think you have good QB play on the team(that is unless your starter is old and you are preparing for his retirement).

Yeah, you draft a QB high if you think he has the potential to be a better player than the guy you already have. If, and that's a big if, Tebow can be coached up to be productive in the pro's then he will be one of those elite Quarterbacks. McD is rolling the dice on the chance that we have just acquired the elusive "Franchise Quarterback". That doesn't mean we aren't getting "good" Quarterback play out of Orton. It means McD doesn't see Orton as an elite Quarterback. I don't think any of us do, do we?

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM

1. Can't read defenses
2. Average speed
3. Weak arm
4. Not a natural passer

1. That's McD's job
2. Average for what? Certainly not for QBs
3. False
4. False

Rabb
04-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I will take his "average speed" if it means he converts a first down for us the way he did in Florida.

Think about what McNabb did to us on that one play last season...and tell me you wouldn't want that ability here.

enjolras
04-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm watching the Florida/Arkansas game on that link Raycom link posted earlier.

My notes:
* Tebow just rocketed a pass perfectly on the outside shoulder of the receiver. That was an NFL quality out right there.
* Rolling right floats a pass high. Real lack of zip on theball.
* Throwing long, late on the throw and badly underthrown
* Percy Harvin was a beast in college
* Tebow is unstoppable when asked to run the sneak. It's not really a sneak. I'm going to call it the 'bulldozer'
* On back to back plays Tebow was absolutely oblivious to an Arkansas blitz.
* He does have a nice quick flick on short routes. When he's not trying to throw it hard, his release is actually pretty decent. Looks like a clone of Philip Rivers.
* Percy Harvin was a beast...again.
* Tebow does a good job of marshaling the offense. Gets them up to the line and the ball snapped well.
* 4th & 1. Time for the bulldozer...and Meyer runs a fake punt? You have the damn bulldozer...It worked, but still.
* I really would have thought the Gators would have been stronger up front in 2008. They're just bad.
* 3rd & 1. Bulldozer good for 4.
* Tebow throws a T*E*R*R*I*B*L*E pass. Picked off by the corner playing underneath. Threw it off his back foot without very much pressure on him.. It's hard to put into words just how bad that was.
* Just threw the ball into double coverage. Nice accurate pass. It sure looked like it had no chance of being completed but somehow it sort of floated it's way in.
* Out on the next play, underthrown but good zip on that one.
* Touchdown pass to Harvin. Harvin got inside and Tebow delivered a nice ball (just slightly behind his target, but good zip and effective).
* Bubble screen. That long release of Tebow's just won't work in the NFL for the bubble screen. The whole thing takes far too long to develop.
* Shotgun bulldozer. Got the first down, but Tebows lack of speed was pretty evident on that play.
* Chris Rainey is fast.

**** Tebow exits with the Gators up 31-7 ****

Conclusion: Some good, but some bad... this was two seasons ago so I'm not going to draw any definitive conclusions.