PDA

View Full Version : When should Tebow start for us as a full time QB?

BroncoSojia
04-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I think he should be used primarily as a goal line/wild horses QB for the first two years of his career then start full time in 2012.

He's way behind on a lot of things and he shouldn't be starting until at least then.

Let's just hope McD still has a job around that time.

randomtask
04-25-2010, 12:05 PM
And it begins...

Mr.Meanie
04-25-2010, 12:09 PM
When he's ready?

Dr. Broncenstein
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I hope he sees action every game this year... just not as the starter. Design a package of plays each week for Tebow to run in short yardage and redzone situations. Maybe even the occasional gadget play. Otherwise let him learn behind Orton this year.

rastaman
04-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I think he should be used primarily as a goal line/wild horses QB for the first two years of his career then start full time in 2012.

He's way behind on a lot of things and he shouldn't be starting until at least then.

Let's just hope McD still has a job around that time.

When hell freezes over or thaws........whichever comes first!:rofl:

Bronco Boy
04-25-2010, 12:11 PM
How would anyone possibly know this?

SureShot
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Whenever he is better than the competition which is probably about game 5 of next year.

Rohirrim
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
When he gives us a better chance to win than Orton, Quinn or Brandstater.

yerner
04-25-2010, 12:14 PM
How ever long Aaron Rodgers took. Then add another year.

Kid A
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
How ever long Aaron Rodgers took. Then add another year.

Four years? Ha.

rastaman
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I hope he sees action every game this year... just not as the starter. Design a package of plays each week for Tebow to run in short yardage and redzone situations. Maybe even the occasional gadget play. Otherwise let him learn behind Orton this year.

So let him become Slash Stewart-Tebow! Couldn't agree with ya more. McD needs to get Josh ready for his career role and that's becoming the jack of all trades--and master of none when it comes the skilled offensive positions. Tebow will never be your proto-typical NFL QB let alone be the Franchise QB we so desperately need to win SB's. However, Tim can play a vital role and impact with helping us win games.

Broncoman13
04-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Someone brought up Steve McNair earlier. That is very good comparison to Tim Tebow, save for the fact that McNair played at a small school and Tebow was always on the national stage. Their abilities and physical attributes are similar though and McNair gained a lot by sitting for a few years. There are a lot of QBs that have benefitted greatly by sitting a few years before getting their chance to start.

Fans should resist the urge for wanting Tebow in now just to see whether he was a mistake or not. 95% of the QBs drafted take a couple years to learn and develop, why should Tebow be any different?

Broncoman13
04-25-2010, 12:22 PM
So let him become Slash Stewart-Tebow! Couldn't agree with ya more. McD needs to get Josh ready for his career role and that's becoming the jack of all trades--and master of none when it comes the skilled offensive positions. Tebow will never be your proto-typical NFL QB let alone be the Franchise QB we so desperately need to win SB's. However, Tim can play a vital role and impact with helping us win games.

Why haven't you gone to the Miami boards yet? You're a tool.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Uh.. I would prefer it if you didn't agree with me. Thanks. I'm going to shower now. BTW, I think Tebow will be the franchise QB. So there, we disagree and my sense of normalcy has been restored.

Captain 'Dre
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
When he's ready?

'zackly! Ha!

And... isn't it unrealistic to expect Tim to be ready before the 2012 season at the absolute earliest?

WABronco
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
START HIM NOW! SELL TICKETS! WE ARE GOING nowhereeeeee

yerner
04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Someone brought up Steve McNair earlier. That is very good comparison to Tim Tebow, save for the fact that McNair played at a small school and Tebow was always on the national stage. Their abilities and physical attributes are similar though and McNair gained a lot by sitting for a few years. There are a lot of QBs that have benefitted greatly by sitting a few years before getting their chance to start.

Fans should resist the urge for wanting Tebow in now just to see whether he was a mistake or not. 95% of the QBs drafted take a couple years to learn and develop, why should Tebow be any different?

That's actually a pretty decent comparison. I'm hoping the media and the fans will not pressure Mcdaniels into playing him too soon as Shanny did with Cutler.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2010, 12:39 PM
absolutely positively NEVER

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Whenever MCD feels he is ready.

TheDave
04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
The only way I see him starting in 2011 is if the season is shortened because of the CBA negotiations.

Otherwise it's 2012

Bronc62
04-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Aside from QB development, I want to see him in spot situations from opening day as run/pass/catch H-back.

bloodsunday
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I hate to say it, but when he's ready. Too soon to know what his development will be like. I doubt Orton gets a contract from Denver.

My guess is that McDaniels wants him to start sooner rather than later or he wouldn't have gone up to 25 to get him. So, I guess the best I can answer that is that McDaniels likely envisions Orton taking the reigns this year and Tebow in 2011 (or whenever we play football again).

On a side note, I like Kyle Orton (the person and the leader) and I hope he finds a way to stay. I know it's probably insulting to him, but I think he'd be wise to think about a career as a backup (assuming Tebow or Quinn prove worthy of starting 2011). If Denver casts him aside, he probably won't get other opportunities as a starter and could find himself out of the NFL. It's not fair, but that's how it generally works. Teams are already looking for the "next" great thing, especially when they think you have hit your ceiling as a pro.

WABronco
04-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I love how analysts just pull this magic number out of their asses in regards to his development time. "Oh ya he needs to redshirt, actually no two years sounds right." Development of NFL skills isn't something that's unique to Tebow...he'll play when he's ready.

I'd love it if he had a development path similar to the one he had at Florida. That might be pretty close to perfect.

HEAV
04-25-2010, 02:47 PM
2010 Orton
2011 Lockout
2012 Tebow

The Joker
04-25-2010, 02:51 PM
All depends on his development.

There's a lot of work to be done with this guy, everybody needs to remember that. I'd be absolutely shocked if he makes a push to start in 2011, I think 2012 is a much more realistic goal.

He'll see the field from Day 1 this coming year though, no doubt about it IMO. He'll be valuable right away on short yardage plays, expect us to use him a bit like the Eagles used Vick last year in 2010.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 02:54 PM
2012 at the earliest IMO.

Pseudofool
04-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I think one of the things that McD likes about Tebow is his ability to learn quickly. I think Tebow will probably be pretty adept sooner than most think; that said, just because Tebow is up to speed doesn't mean he's necessarily a better option than either Quinn or Orton.

bowtown
04-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I think one of the things that McD likes about Tebow is his ability to learn quickly. I think Tebow will probably be pretty adept sooner than most think; that said, just because Tebow is up to speed doesn't mean he's necessarily a better option than either Quinn or Orton.

Exactly, understanding the playbook and executing it are very different things. I have no doubts about Tebow being able to do the former quickly, I have serious doubts about his ability to do the later.

Archer81
04-25-2010, 03:07 PM

:Broncos:

brncs_fan
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
when he's ready?

+1

SureShot
04-25-2010, 03:15 PM
You know Orton will have some sort of injury before week 8, and since Quinn doesnt practice well with a hard on Tebow will get the nod. Book it.

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Great post and you're fully right.

And it's not because he's up to speed that he'll be a better option sooner than later... it'll be because he has a ****ing pulse and athleticism

Circle Orange
04-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Must be an anti Quinn contingent running loose.

I don't get it...it's like there's no qb on the roster but Tebow. And has Orton gotten his E-ticket out of town yet? yes, he's so-so, but still plays qb.

People, people. Ya still gotta play the freaking position. I really think a lot of this is backlash against the "rothlesberger" news that dominated the last few days.

rothlesberger = bad, evil incarnate (jerk/predator/rapist?)
tebow = golden one, special (a good person, that's not unique)

overly simplistic and exceeding el stupido. Like doing personality profiles in crayon.

Circle Orange
04-25-2010, 04:05 PM
You know Orton will have some sort of injury before week 8, and since Quinn doesnt practice well with a hard on Tebow will get the nod. Book it.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Tebow won't start until he develops. Which may be 2011, 2012, or never.

I said 2012.

SureShot
04-25-2010, 04:14 PM

This old thing? Just something I whipped up.