PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's 51 TDs (from 2007)

HEAV
04-25-2010, 11:00 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsditoWmwNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsditoWmwNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Popps
04-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow. Look at the pass at 4:30. Stands in the pocket under pressure and just rips it between two defenders into the endzone.

The next play is insane, too. Wow.

Que
04-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Like I said in another thread - I've never watched the guy. Just a few random thoughts from this clip.

Accuracy - pretty damn accurate. Almost every single TD pass is right on the money. Dude can hit a receiver in stride. I think I only saw one or two passes where the receiver had to go vertical to get the rock.

Mechanics - ya, the release is funky with that weird leg kick thing at the end and it is uber slow.

Running - what else to say, the guy is a freight train. The Wildcat or Wildhorse or whatever we call it will be fun to watch next year.

barryr
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow, watching that, makes it seem the Broncos got a steal at #25. No question he was an exciting player in college who willed his team to some wins they probably shouldn't have had. Making plays at QB, making something out of nothing, is not something all QB's can do.

Cleo McDowell
04-25-2010, 11:43 AM
i recall a poster here claiming that Tebow's mid-long range accuracy was crap and that most of his TD passes were short passes with the WR's doing all of the work... Who was that, anyone remember>?

Smilin Assassin
04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Begs pointing out, that this isn't exactly community college competition we're seein him against either(sans a a few in there).

No matter who your college team is, can't argue SEC-brand football is as good as it gets.

jayman_37
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM
This is also a hilight video, so it isn't like he is always this accurate or never makes bad passes. I think that sometimes people love to watch hilights and then think that the player is unreal, but that is the point of a hilight video I guess.

Doggcow
04-25-2010, 11:56 AM
i recall a poster here claiming that Tebow's mid-long range accuracy was crap and that most of his TD passes were short passes with the WR's doing all of the work... Who was that, anyone remember>?

Lol yea, who was that? I only saw 1 maybe 2 crazy plays by WRs/RBs... And that was only after good reads/great throws.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 12:02 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2822600#post2822600

Doggcow
04-25-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2822600#post2822600

Trust me, ive seen him play.... i am a huge collge football fan (mostly ohio state) but i watch all the games on saturday. He is not a NFL QB. This isn't based on espn, or anyone else its my own personal opinion. When you look at his completion percentage.........look at it on passes over 10 yards.......horrible. Most of his yards and TD's came on screen routes that receivers broke open upfield. He also floats the ball way too much. Thats fine in college, but in the NFL it will get picked 9/10 times. He is a bust in my opinion, and at best if he works his ass off he can become orton. Thats not good if thats your top potential on a first round pick.

LOL, Like I said, this is coming from an Ohio State fan who's still butthurt from the NC!

Cleo McDowell
04-25-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL. Awesome.

Broncoman13
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Wow. Look at the pass at 4:30. Stands in the pocket under pressure and just rips it between two defenders into the endzone.

That is what stood out to me as well. He made a bunch of throws with either a man in his face or after contact. You have to be able to make throws in the NFL under pressure. Rivers is great at it. Tom Brady is great at it. Ben Worthlisberger is great at it. Tebow has the ability to extend a play and throw in pressure. I like it.

listopencil
04-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I like the touch on the pass at 01:10, floats it up very nicely to the corner of the endzone.

listopencil
04-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I like how how he considers the run. You can see him hunker down and read the run blocking situation from the pocket. He doesn't just blindly run and try to get a few yards. I'm not talking about the plays where it's obviously a play that was designed for him to run it. When his targets are covered he becomes a Running Back for a few seconds and starts reading the blocks. If nothing's there either he quickly reads the pass D again to see if he can get anything. Everything I'm seeing says that he's very quick mentally, and has the physical tools to do the job.

listopencil
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
This is also a hilight video, so it isn't like he is always this accurate or never makes bad passes. I think that sometimes people love to watch hilights and then think that the player is unreal, but that is the point of a hilight video I guess.

That's true. but think about this- how many highlight videos actually have 51 different plays in them? The ones I see will replay from different angles, show the celebrations, all that bull****. A lot of it is filler and it's from their entire college career. This is, for the most part, just back to back to back to back play after play. 51 of them. All from one season. That is impressive to me.

listopencil
04-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll say it- the guy's vision is phenomenal in this video. He's not running because he can't throw. He's running because he never gives up.

HEAV
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9vVSU9CXGQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9vVSU9CXGQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

fdf
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Three observations:

1. He does not have happy feet. On the passing plays, he is looking for his receivers first.

2. FL had a really good offensive line.

3. He will have to learn to slide. He won't be able to punish NFL defenders like that and stay uninjured. But I like that he likes to put his shoulder down on runs.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Pretty inspiring video. I even like the music.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2010, 01:13 PM
i was going to start a thread on this video, but it appears to me this is our official youtube thread...

i know highlight videos always looks good for a player but pay attention to these three things...

1. his arm strength...

2. his abilty to throw on the run...

3. his pocket presence...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HEAV
04-25-2010, 01:35 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q1_TdKSvgV4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q1_TdKSvgV4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

enjolras
04-25-2010, 01:36 PM
His release is still so incredibly slow....I know he's working on it, but it's really hard to miss in these videos.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 01:37 PM
i was going to start a thread on this video, but it appears to me this is our official youtube thread...

i know highlight videos always looks good for a player but pay attention to these three things...

1. his arm strength...

2. his abilty to throw on the run...

3. his pocket presence...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMPsSuPPXgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I like the other vid better. I didn't have to mute that vid.

barryr
04-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Hmm, the more I see these videos and thinking all the doubts of Vince Young coming out, very similar ones in fact that are about Tebow, is making me think this guy has a great shot at being a very good NFL QB.

Rabb
04-25-2010, 01:41 PM
His release is still so incredibly slow....I know he's working on it, but it's really hard to miss in these videos.

yeah, but...look at his completion percentages and TD/Int ratios over that time

I will take a slow release if it means we get those numbers

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2010, 01:42 PM

It is slow, but he throws a decent ball. If his release is the only thing wrong with him, ill take it.

SureShot
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Im surprised he only had 51 TDs. Cmon Tim you are better than that!

enjolras
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM
yeah, but...look at his completion percentages and TD/Int ratios over that time

I will take a slow release if it means we get those numbers

Does that translate to the NFL where players cover ground MUCH faster than in college?

SureShot
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Does that translate to the NFL where players cover ground MUCH faster than in college?

At least he doesnt tap the ball before he throws it.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM

He certainly wouldnt be the first NFL qb to have success with a strange release. And if he's working on it and already improved it in only a few weeks time, then who knows what he's capable of.

Regardless, i cant recall a time i've been so excited/intrigued to see a bronco play.

enjolras
04-25-2010, 01:53 PM
I agree with that... I'm more excited for our first preseason game than I've probably ever been.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I like the other vid better. I didn't have to mute that vid.

i pretty much mute all youtube highlight videos...

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Bledsoe used to drive me nuts with that.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I like his quiet leg action on his throws. He doesn't toss off back foot with no pressure like Cutler did and gets through with his lower body nice. If pro golfers can change their swings then QB's can do the same.

Broncoman13
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
That's true. but think about this- how many highlight videos actually have 51 different plays in them? The ones I see will replay from different angles, show the celebrations, all that bull****. A lot of it is filler and it's from their entire college career. This is, for the most part, just back to back to back to back play after play. 51 of them. All from one season. That is impressive to me.

And these aren't even all the highlights... Just the TOUCHDOWNS... You could have a 25 minute video of nothing but highlights with this guy and never show the same play twice. This guy was a phenomenal college QB and I think he has the ability to be just as good (or even better with a good QB coach) in the Pros.

Kaylore
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM

:rofl:Great point. Didn't hurt this guy much:

http://fansided.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/john_elway.jpg

enjolras
04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I went and watched some Philip Rivers stuff on Youtube. It's interesting, him and Tebow actually have very similar wind-ups, yet Rivers has a much faster actual release.

I wonder if trying to change the whole throwing motion is a bad idea? Maybe instead work on just getting the actual release of the ball to be a bit quicker?

SureShot
04-25-2010, 04:24 PM

I'm glad someone caught that. There have been plenty of great QBs with hitches in their delivery or release.

HEAV
04-25-2010, 04:37 PM

I remember people saying "John would give away he was throwing" with the ball Tap.

Still to this day when I throw the ball around I find myself tapping.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 05:16 PM
I remember people saying "John would give away he was throwing" with the ball Tap.

Still to this day when I throw the ball around I find myself tapping.
There was something he would do under center if it was a passing play. I want to say he would rub his fingers or something but what ever it was even if the D could read it there wasn't enough time to do anything about it.

OBF1
04-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Mcbleeds orange and blue.... the self proclaimed QB expert :rofl:

OBF1
04-25-2010, 05:27 PM

Tebow played in the SEC... Does not get any better at the college level.

Paladin
04-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Lefty gives a different perspective, too.......

Que
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Remember, this is all 51 TD's of 2007. Not just the pretty ones. So I have to say color me impressed with his accuracy. I don't see that many plays where the receiver had to be otherworldly or there was a lucky bounce. Just good football IMHO.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Danny Wuerffel threw 114 touchdowns at Florida, the most in SEC HISTORY.

College stats don't mean much.

PaintballCLE
04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
LOL, Like I said, this is coming from an Ohio State fan who's still butthurt from the NC!

how many times do i have to tell you it has NOTHING to do with Ohio state, or the NC game..... Tebow was a freshman, and he wasn't the starter Chris Leak was.

I am not saying he might not do good in the future, and God knows I want himt o prove me wrong........but trading UP to get him in the first round on a QB that most NFL level talant evaluators don't think he can be a pro quarterback, and the ones that do thinks he is a long time project.

I never said he doesn't have the arm strenght, i said he floats the ball. On almost all of his longer passes in that video, which is a HIGHLIGHT video, his receivers have no defenders even near them. Thos passes are picked off, or at best defended/deflected in the NFL.

Keep in mind teams were always expecting the run/tebow run/short screen that they had extra defenders up in the box too. Same reason Orton looked fantastic in the first half of the season, compared to the second half.

One of the biggest knocks on him was that he has trouble reading defenses. Hopefully McD can work on that, because if he has a hard time reading them in college, he is going to be terrible on an NFL level. Imagine him trying to read the steeler blitzes, etc.

I like his toughness of taking a hit in the pocket, I like his determination, I just dont think he posses the NFL level arm or defense reading ability.

The other problem I have with the whole situation is the money. I know its an uncapped year but still. We are paying Tebow, and Quinn first round QB money, and Orton just got a nice deal.

I like orton, but do you really want tebow, who is raw and needs to learn a lot, learning from orton and quinn? I think the tebow pick would have made more sense if we had a decent Qb at the end of his career. Instead we basically have a QB that needs to learn, learning from two Qb's that are very inconsistant. Not the best of scenarios. If it was Mccoy or Claussen etc i wouldnt have a problem because at least you know they posses the physical tools and its a mere mental game with them.

PaintballCLE
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Tebow played in the SEC... Does not get any better at the college level.

agreed....ask jarvis moss

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
how many times do i have to tell you it has NOTHING to do with Ohio state, or the NC game..... Tebow was a freshman, and he wasn't the starter Chris Leak was.

I am not saying he might not do good in the future, and God knows I want himt o prove me wrong........but trading UP to get him in the first round on a QB that most NFL level talant evaluators don't think he can be a pro quarterback, and the ones that do thinks he is a long time project.

I never said he doesn't have the arm strenght, i said he floats the ball. On almost all of his longer passes in that video, which is a HIGHLIGHT video, his receivers have no defenders even near them. Thos passes are picked off, or at best defended/deflected in the NFL.

Keep in mind teams were always expecting the run/tebow run/short screen that they had extra defenders up in the box too. Same reason Orton looked fantastic in the first half of the season, compared to the second half.

One of the biggest knocks on him was that he has trouble reading defenses. Hopefully McD can work on that, because if he has a hard time reading them in college, he is going to be terrible on an NFL level. Imagine him trying to read the steeler blitzes, etc.

I like his toughness of taking a hit in the pocket, I like his determination, I just dont think he posses the NFL level arm or defense reading ability.

The other problem I have with the whole situation is the money. I know its an uncapped year but still. We are paying Tebow, and Quinn first round QB money, and Orton just got a nice deal.

I like orton, but do you really want tebow, who is raw and needs to learn a lot, learning from orton and quinn? I think the tebow pick would have made more sense if we had a decent Qb at the end of his career. Instead we basically have a QB that needs to learn, learning from two Qb's that are very inconsistant. Not the best of scenarios. If it was Mccoy or Claussen etc i wouldnt have a problem because at least you know they posses the physical tools and its a mere mental game with them.

What about all these short TD passes that you said he got most of his TD's on? You said you watched him quite a bit.

PaintballCLE
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
What about all these short TD passes that you said he got most of his TD's on? You said you watched him quite a bit.

I did, this video is 2007. watch 08 and 09

broncswin
04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Danny Wuerffel threw 114 touchdowns at Florida, the most in SEC HISTORY.

College stats don't mean much.

it gets old bob...really man not trying to be mean or funny...just go away:pity:

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Post a link to them would you. I searched and couldn't find any just highlights and he looked fine throwing deep. Same as 07 I would say. Last year Meyer ran a real conservative offense because his D was so good.

HEAV
04-25-2010, 08:28 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKUABxhWGQA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKUABxhWGQA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Tim Tebow 2008 Highlights

HEAV
04-25-2010, 08:37 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4m-R_5KHuh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4m-R_5KHuh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Some damn nice throws in this vid!

Los Broncos
04-25-2010, 08:43 PM

The running TD after the pass at 4:30 was sick.