PDA

View Full Version : Lombardi and Casserly

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Lombardi and Casserly were pretty cool on NFLN about the Broncos draft. They basically called out Dukes and poked a little fun at Ducks about his disdain for all things Broncos. Anyhow, Lombardi and Casserly both like the Broncos overall draft. They are doing the "wait and see" about the two 1st round picks, but other than that, they like what the Broncos did.

I don't like Lombardi, other than his praise of Shanahan personally, he's been overly critical of the Broncos. This is about as positive as I've seen him in a long time on the Broncos.

What's with this Tom Waddle guy. He sucks. I mean, between him and Ducks, I'm almost more likey to listen to Dukes. And that's saying somthing!

Archer81
04-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Mora was poking fun at Dukes, too. Kind of funny that rather than have Dukes eat up all the time on the segment they just skipped him.

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2010, 11:04 PM
btw, I'm can't stand "coach" Mora. He's a joke. He's all like talking about how Josh is going to be fired if he goes 6-10 because it's the "NFL". Then he does a 180 and says "well, it all depends on the franchise as to how much time he has." Correct me if I'm wrong but he's the idiot that got fired from Atlanta for talking schhhhit and then lasted LESS THAN ONE YEAR as the prodigy Holmgren hand picked successor. Talk about a turd with experience in sucking at being an NFL HC, he's it.

Between Mora, Ducks and Waddle it's hard to keep a straight face watch NFLN.

dsmoot
04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Dukes keeps bringing up the fact that Mora only lasted 1 yr in Seattle

ZONA
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Dukes only speaks in general terms. He doesn't know what Bolwens committment is to McDaniels so to say he could be fired if he goes 6-10 is Dukes showing what an idiot he is. And it was low class of him to say "we've got the perfect example right here" as he points to Mora. What a tool Dukes is.

Kid A
04-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Tom Waddle. Ex-bear I believe, has a show on sports radio in Chicago. I remember them teasing him for his Broncos hate early in the season when we went 6-0 because he just hated all the love Orton was getting. I think he's largely just a homer who wants to see the Broncos/McD look bad for wanting to get rid of a guy Chicago fans want to become their franchise's savior.

outdoor_miner
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Not that it matters, but I think that Lombardi is one of the most pro-Broncos/McDaniels analysts out there. He's said several times that he thinks McD will win a Super Bowl in Denver, and that he is one of the best young coaches in the game. He's been critical a few times, but most of what I see (I read his column at National Football Post daily) is highly complimentary.

BMarsh615
04-25-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't like Lombardi, other than his praise of Shanahan personally, he's been overly critical of the Broncos. This is about as positive as I've seen him in a long time on the Broncos.

You must not have been paying attention to Lombardi recently then. Mike Lombardi is Josh McDaniels biggest fan. He raves about McDaniels and has predicted that McDaniels will bring Super Bowls to Denver.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Not that it matters, but I think that Lombardi is one of the most pro-Broncos/McDaniels analysts out there. He's said several times that he thinks McD will win a Super Bowl in Denver, and that he is one of the best young coaches in the game. He's been critical a few times, but most of what I see (I read his column at National Football Post daily) is highly complimentary.

Really? Seriously? I'm just not seeing it. Nawh, he's an ex-faider heart and soul and he only compliments the Broncos in a backhanded way.

outdoor_miner
04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Really? Seriously? I'm just not seeing it. Nawh, he's an ex-faider heart and soul and he only compliments the Broncos in a backhanded way.

Dead serious... :)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Is-Big-Ben-on-the-market.html

After spending time with Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels yesterday, Iím further convinced heíll produce an eventual Super Bowl winner for the city of Denver.

He's been like this since the middle of last year.

Kaylore
04-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Real football guys like McDaniels.

PRBronco
04-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I only recently started reading nationalfootballpost, but I really like Lombardi's articles. On the NFL network he's one of the few people I can actually tolerate on camera too, the rest of them seem to think they're doing us a favour by allowing us to listen to them. **** I hate Jamie Dukes so much, and I think they all do too.

meangene
04-25-2010, 05:39 AM
After his performance during this draft, I can not believe NFLN would retain Dukes. He seriously made a complete ass of himself, talked over everyone else's opinions, and alienated the other analysts. Oh wait, he always does that!

chex
04-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Well, I wouldn't expect the media types who have been blasting McDaniels and the Broncos from day 1 to change their tunes anytime soon. Tim Tebow will not be cut any slack, no matter how well he performs the tasks asked of him. The media types will go to their graves before they give him an ounce of praise.

tsiguy96
04-25-2010, 07:42 AM
After his performance during this draft, I can not believe NFLN would retain Dukes. He seriously made a complete ass of himself, talked over everyone else's opinions, and alienated the other analysts. Oh wait, he always does that!

hes been doing it for a long, long time. why is it so hard for NFL to find people who can actually talk fotball without being idiots? same with ESPN. steve young is awful, mel kiper and mcshay are literally clueless. draft coverage was impossible to watch in the 1st and 2nd rounds on espn.

nickademus
04-25-2010, 07:46 AM
would anyone be upset if the nfln replaced dukes with Chavous?
I would love it he was a breath of fresh air especially when mayock lost his voice.

nickademus
04-25-2010, 07:48 AM
hes been doing it for a long, long time. why is it so hard for NFL to find people who can actually talk fotball without being idiots? same with ESPN. steve young is awful, mel kiper and mcshay are literally clueless. draft coverage was impossible to watch in the 1st and 2nd rounds on espn.

I dont really mind mcshay he spends to much time justifying his crap to mel but other than that he seems to have good reasoning for his opinions which is something mel never even dreamed of I wish they would just can the hairdo.

CEH
04-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Well, I wouldn't expect the media types who have been blasting McDaniels and the Broncos from day 1 to change their tunes anytime soon. Tim Tebow will not be cut any slack, no matter how well he performs the tasks asked of him. The media types will go to their graves before they give him an ounce of praise.

I was forced to watch ESPN and Gruden is the best thing on TV right now.
His insight on the QB position (and the NFL in general) is outstanding and he's damn funny

On Thurs night Steve Young blasted McD for trading Cutler and BMarsh and replacing them with Thomas and Tebow

Something changed on Friday because he went 180 and saw the method of McDs madness getting players that fit his mold..

later still, commended NE and Pitts for drafting players that fit their system

meangene
04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
would anyone be upset if the nfln replaced dukes with Chavous?
I would love it he was a breath of fresh air especially when mayock lost his voice.

I like Chavous because he offers a different and independent perspective. His board and opinions are his own and he does not care what the mainstream evaluations are on the players. A real breath of fresh air. NFLN has plenty of decent analysts - I don't know why Dukes is used instead of some of the others. He's like that member of the family that nobody can stand but you have to invite him over for the holiday dinner anyway. Everybody just cringes every time he opens his mouth but you try to be polite so you don't ruin the holiday.

Rohirrim
04-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Dukes is the reason I have a "Mute" button on my clicker.

barryr
04-25-2010, 11:25 AM
And if you watched those bozos on NFL Network, they'll say Orton and Quinn aren't the answer at QB, but then bitch the Broncos take a QB in the 1st round. What, there's some written guarantee that any other QB taken after Tebow will pan out better than him? Ridiculous! Jamie Dukes is a fatass who knows nothing anyway, so he can stick to eating his twinkies and pretending he had some established NFL career.