PDA

View Full Version : I really hate the Tebow pick, but McD is a genius!

PaintballCLE
04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Tebow was a stretch, and would have rather of had at least 5 different Qb's instead of him (and why trade for quinn? if you were going to take Tebow) but I will say this.

Its great to have a coach focus on overhauling the lines. Shanny would take one here and there......Moss didn't work out, but Clady is great. But he would often take one, and then draft all skill positions. I am glad to see mcd take several linemen. Its a refreshing change. Games are won and lost on the line.

521 1N5
04-24-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm not too sure why Tebow is considered such a stretch. He was a winner in HS and College...He has all the intangibles anyone can ask for and I would venture to say he is as good of an athlete as anyone on our roster.

So Kiper and McShay say he's not an NFL style QB and everybody just runs with it. No offense to you BOAB but I'm really tired of everybody just watching ESPN and regurgitating everything that these so called "experts" are saying. the guy had a 67% completion ratio with college Wide Receivers. Obviously our coach (who is considered to be a QB miracle worker) saw something in the film of this kid that he is confident he will be able to work with.

If you ask me we got a steal, because we get the satisfaction of seeing if McD can really turn this kid into something special. (Though he already is.)

I trust McD of ESPN any damn day of the week.

DenverBrit
04-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Tebow was a stretch, and would have rather of had at least 5 different Qb's instead of him (and why trade for quinn? if you were going to take Tebow) but I will say this.

Its great to have a coach focus on overhauling the lines. Shanny would take one here and there......Moss didn't work out, but Clady is great. But he would often take one, and then draft all skill positions. I am glad to see mcd take several linemen. Its a refreshing change. Games are won and lost on the line.

Exactly right. Start with the trenches! :thumbsup:

Greatspirits
04-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I love the Tebow pick! Ever since the draft, I've been thinking of cutting down on my drinkin, quiting smoking pot and by gosh, I just might start going to church once in a while! Thanks Timmy T!!

PaintballCLE
04-24-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm not too sure why Tebow is considered such a stretch. He was a winner in HS and College...He has all the intangibles anyone can ask for and I would venture to say he is as good of an athlete as anyone on our roster.

So Kiper and McShay say he's not an NFL style QB and everybody just runs with it. No offense to you BOAB but I'm really tired of everybody just watching ESPN and regurgitating everything that these so called "experts" are saying. the guy had a 67% completion ratio with college Wide Receivers. Obviously our coach (who is considered to be a QB miracle worker) saw something in the film of this kid that he is confident he will be able to work with.

If you ask me we got a steal, because we get the satisfaction of seeing if McD can really turn this kid into something special. (Though he already is.)

I trust McD of ESPN any damn day of the week.

Trust me, ive seen him play.... i am a huge collge football fan (mostly ohio state) but i watch all the games on saturday. He is not a NFL QB. This isn't based on espn, or anyone else its my own personal opinion. When you look at his completion percentage.........look at it on passes over 10 yards.......horrible. Most of his yards and TD's came on screen routes that receivers broke open upfield. He also floats the ball way too much. Thats fine in college, but in the NFL it will get picked 9/10 times. He is a bust in my opinion, and at best if he works his ass off he can become orton. Thats not good if thats your top potential on a first round pick.

DenverBrit
04-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Trust me, ive seen him play.... i am a huge collge football fan (mostly ohio state) but i watch all the games on saturday. He is not a NFL QB. This isn't based on espn, or anyone else its my own personal opinion. When you look at his completion percentage.........look at it on passes over 10 yards.......horrible. Most of his yards and TD's came on screen routes that receivers broke open upfield. He also floats the ball way too much. Thats fine in college, but in the NFL it will get picked 9/10 times. He is a bust in my opinion, and at best if he works his ass off he can become orton. Thats not good if thats your top potential on a first round pick.

Did you see his pro day film after he spent 2 or 3 months working on his mechanics? You'd swear it's not the same guy.

I was skeptical about picking him that high until I watched that film. If he can improve that much in three months, I can only imagine his progress after a year.

Dogsweat
04-24-2010, 07:33 PM
McDaniels is going to live and die by this pick.......

PaintballCLE
04-24-2010, 07:35 PM

see. remember a few months ago BOWLEN came out and said he wanted to draft a QB early. Maybe McD took tebow because he knew he had no chance of playing in the near future (or ever) and can keep going about his business now that he has bowlen happy.......just a thought.

tsiguy96
04-24-2010, 07:35 PM

only if people try to make more of it than it is. if it doesnt work, we barely gave up anything for it, mostly picks that mcdaniels acquired by initially trading back in the first place. you act like he just gave up 2 1sts and a third.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Not necessarily. What if Tebow busts but Quinn is good? McD's job would be fine.

521 1N5
04-24-2010, 07:44 PM

Well if anything at least you have your own opinion and have seen him play (which is more that I can say for 90% of the morons running around Denver doing the "regurgitating") I too have watched many of his games, I'm not a college football fanatic, and I'm sure as hell not a UF fan but my geographical location and friendbase have forced me to spend most of my Saturdays watching him. And I've seen him throw many passes past 10 yards and I've seen worse in the NFL. He has a delivery issue much like another NFL QB that we seem to get our asses kicked by regularly, though that QB doesn't have near the mobility strengths.

Somebody else was going to take him before our 2nd round pick. Obviously I can't guarantee it, but I really do believe it. And to be honest I'm more happy that McD basically manipulated the first round in order to jump up and take a chance on this kid. Why don't we all just see what happens? We have lived through many first round busts in this organization. Who knows if he will be one? But I tell you this, it will be a hell of a lot more interesting to watch unfold that Jarvis Moss. oh whoops did I type that out loud? :curtsey: lol

Mogulseeker
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I look at the Tebow thing as a "we'll see" scenario. On paper he is a monster, and he has the right attitude - but so does/did Brady Quinn, and Quinn is smarter than Tebow.

You never know.

Bronco Boy
04-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Because you know more about what it takes to be a successful NFL QB than our front office for some reason.

Dogsweat
04-24-2010, 07:50 PM
only if people try to make more of it than it is. if it doesnt work, we barely gave up anything for it, mostly picks that mcdaniels acquired by initially trading back in the first place. you act like he just gave up 2 1sts and a third.

Your post is correct. I personally don't think it is a big deal, but the board and it's posts have been heated on the Tebow pick.

If the Broncos would of took Colt McCoy or another QB? Would there be this much implosion?

I suspect if Tebow fails, the grave dancing will be quite huge.

Tebow's play and legacy at Florida are worthy of a pick in the draft. Maybe not at 25, but it is what it is.

BroncoBuff
04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Its great to have a coach focus on overhauling the lines. Shanny would take one here and there......Moss didn't work out, but Clady is great. But he would often take one, and then draft all skill positions.

I'm glad to see it too, but reality is there were two RBs he preferred over Beadles.

Josh is drafting almost exactly as Mike did.

Paladin
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM

I am not sure why people cannot get this point. ESPN fellows are full of crap, and should be served ex-lax routinely. NFL fellows gave a very high review of the TT pick, but they are possibly shills for the NFL. I can pick all the right statements and make it sound as if TT is the worse pick in generations. Or I can find lots of Youtube videos of how great TT is along with many glowing testimonials.

But those manipulations would be a lie. No passionate, emotionally ladened "analysis" - incluidng yours BOAB - can or will predict what TT will do in the ensuing year(s). But it is a fact that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, as I am sure you read in your Psych. 101 books. And TT was big time winner in college ball.

Frankly, I really don't care what you feel or think about TT (those are different things leading to different argumentive opinions). It is your opinion, and I don't have a need to either change it or "defend" against it. It is as imporant to me as the next rain storm in Nova Scotia.....

Rather, I am feeling excited to get football up again. Now that the draft is over, we are that much closer to TC. It is "on the field play" that is important to me.

And I will watch TT and all the Broncos -for that is what they are now - and cheer for them.

gunns
04-24-2010, 08:08 PM

It was a first round pick. Whether the value of the picks equal the actual pick number itself I still have to question the value of the pick itself. You don't generally take a project in the 1st round. We gave up 3 possible future players to develop that project. And I have to question the ever popular theme of "someone else wanted him".

But what's done is done. If he fails it won't be for lack of effort I'm sure. I hope nothing but the best for him and hope he proves all of his naysayers wrong, for the Broncos sake. Maybe we can have someone else pick our picks in the first round and McD can take over after that. He seems to have done quite well after the first.

Doggcow
04-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Because you know more about what it takes to be a successful NFL QB than our front office for some reason.

Also remember that Florida ABSOLUTELY KICKED THE **** out of ohio state a few years back. I doubt that affects his opinion at all :)

Shoemaker
04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
It was a first round pick. Whether the value of the picks equal the actual pick number itself I still have to question the value of the pick itself. You don't generally take a project in the 1st round. We gave up 3 possible future players to develop that project. And I have to question the ever popular theme of "someone else wanted him".

But what's done is done. If he fails it won't be for lack of effort I'm sure. I hope nothing but the best for him and hope he proves all of his naysayers wrong, for the Broncos sake. Maybe we can have someone else pick our picks in the first round and McD can take over after that. He seems to have done quite well after the first.

I think the bolded statement is somewhat incorrect.

I agree that generally, yes, you expect your 1st round pick to come in and start right away.

But quarterbacks are different. Its okay to take one of them and sit them for a few years behind a veteran starter while they learn the system.

Look at Aaron Rodgers. Look a Philip Rivers. Both were 1st-round QBs (Rivers was even a top 10 pick) who sat for at least three years after being picked.

Considering how both of those QBs turned out, I have absolutely no problem with the best QB coach in the league drafting him one 25 and sitting him for a year or two.

Plus, as many have said, Tebow will probably contribute this year in a certain limited package of plays that cater to his strengths. Goal-line plays, running the Wild Horses, and things like that. I think the pick was an excellent investment.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm glad to see it too, but reality is there were two RBs he preferred over Beadles.

Josh is drafting almost exactly as Mike did.

Not really. Mike took WTF picks. Pretty much every McD pick has a solid rationale.

Paladin
04-24-2010, 08:17 PM

You do understand that the Broncos did not have those picks at the start of the draft, don't you? Those picks were acquired by trading down; he "manufactured" them. What did the Broncos "give up"? They gave up a fourth for TT.

Shear genius.

gunns
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
You do understand that the Broncos did not have those picks at the start of the draft, don't you? Those picks were acquired by trading down; he "manufactured" them. What did the Broncos "give up"? They gave up a fourth for TT.

Shear genius.

I realize he did that to get Tebow, but the fact is we gave up 3 picks we had, regardless of how we got them. And I'm still puzzled about manufacturing that many picks for a project in the first round. Hey, I hope to hell the guy turns out to be the next Elway or at least has the consistency to get us to the next level offensively, and I can laugh in the face of all the people that called me laughing, not to mention the media. But right now I'm questioning the pick of a known project in the first round.

OCBronco
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
To say that Kyle Orton is the best that Tebow will ever become is completely retarded. The skill sets of the two players are completely different. If Tebow fails at becoming a quality starting QB, he will likely have success at a different position. For all we know, he'll become the next John Lynch or Mike Alstott. I'd take either of those guys at #25, too.

In the meantime, I'm not betting against Tebow. I never bet against guys with that much determination and work ethic. Combine that with his obvious natural talent, and I think he will become special. The Broncos got a steal.

And consider this: 6 months ago, the fan base was freaking out because our QB options were Orton, Simms and Brandstater. Six months later, we're now in the position of hoping that one of the following will develop into a quality starter: Orton, Brandstater, Quinn, or Tebow. A much better position to be in, methinks.

lostknight
04-24-2010, 08:28 PM

Just curious, but how do you reconcile your point of view with the facts? In particular with his extraordinarily low interceptions per attempt, and his extraordinarily high yards per attempt? Both numbers shattered old records in the SEC, held by none other then Manning?
I assume that your blindness continues to the Broncos as well, or else you might have mentioned that the exact system you bash is the one we run now.

gyldenlove
04-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Did you see his pro day film after he spent 2 or 3 months working on his mechanics? You'd swear it's not the same guy.

I was skeptical about picking him that high until I watched that film. If he can improve that much in three months, I can only imagine his progress after a year.

If only all the games we play could be played without a C-QB exchange, stationary WRs and no defenders. Everybody looks good at their pro day.

lostknight
04-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Not really. Mike took WTF picks. Pretty much every McD pick has a solid rationale.

Except Alphonso.

Remember that Goodman drafts were pretty phenomenal. Josh has traded their players for picks to fuel the overhaul.

gyldenlove
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM

2006: Shanny drafted 2 OL players, 1 DL
2007: 3 DL, 1 OL
2008: 1 DL, 2 OL

2009: McX drafted 2 OL players
2010: McX drafted 3 OL players

It seems to me that nothing much has changed with how many players we draft for the trenches, but I could be missing something.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Except Alphonso.

Remember that Goodman drafts were pretty phenomenal. Josh has traded their players for picks to fuel the overhaul.

Alphonso was a 1st round talent taken in the 2nd. He was a monster in college. We can argue about the trading the 1st...I didn't like it either. But we needed depth at CB, so the pick made sense.

BroncoBuff
04-24-2010, 08:42 PM

You can't be serious.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Just curious, but how do you reconcile your point of view with the facts? In particular with his extraordinarily low interceptions per attempt, and his extraordinarily high yards per attempt? Both numbers shattered old records in the SEC, held by none other then Manning?
I assume that your blindness continues to the Broncos as well, or else you might have mentioned that the exact system you bash is the one we run now.

It's ridiculous how people think they KNOW how a guy will perform at QB in the NFL. The pros don't have a clue. The majority of the 1st round guys who have NFL scout stamp approval bust horribly (e.g. JaMarcus Russell, David Carr, Alex Smith, Cade MCNown, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, and on and on). Don't tell me a guy with the work ethic and skill set of Tebow can't succeed.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 08:45 PM
You can't be serious.

It's a fact. Your crying to the contrary doesn't change that fact. You can argue that trading a 1st for Alphonso was bad, but the player made sense. Other than that, there is FACTUALLY a solid rationale for every pick. You're wrong to suggest otherwise.

PaintballCLE
04-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Also remember that Florida ABSOLUTELY KICKED THE **** out of ohio state a few years back. I doubt that affects his opinion at all :)

it doesn't....... Tebow wasn't the starter then

bombay
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure where Baltimore drafted Cody - 3rd or 4th - but I sure wish they would have figured out a way to get him, along with the o-line picks, which are excellent.

Kaylore
04-24-2010, 09:00 PM

Tebow was huge part of that championship team.

prunch
04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
TT Before and After

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5118225

DenverBrit
04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
If only all the games we play could be played without a C-QB exchange, stationary WRs and no defenders. Everybody looks good at their pro day.

Talking about the huge improvement in his throwing motion, nothing more.

Edit: See link in post above.

Archer81
04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I have a feeling the Tebow pick is going to be one we all look back on in a few years and actually say how lucky the Broncos were to be able to go and get him. If he improved his mechanics in 2 months between the senior bowl and his pro day that much...I cannot possibly picture where McDaniels will have Tebow in 2 years. It kind of makes me giddy.

:Broncos:

Finger Roll
04-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Even if Tebow wasn't drafted by the Broncos I would be pulling for him just to make all the draft experts look like idiots. It's hard not to root for a guy like this

Archer81
04-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Also, I want to see what happens in a few years when Tebow has the Broncos in the playoffs and has to interview with Jamie Dukes on Broncos cam.

Smilin Assassin
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM
It's ridiculous how people think they KNOW how a guy will perform at QB in the NFL. The pros don't have a clue. The majority of the 1st round guys who have NFL scout stamp approval bust horribly (e.g. JaMarcus Russell, David Carr, Alex Smith, Cade MCNown, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, and on and on). Don't tell me a guy with the work ethic and skill set of Tebow can't succeed.

Well played, my friend. I defy anyone to argue this point.

Ugly Duck
04-24-2010, 09:33 PM

I'm not convinced. Pundits may squeal so if Tebow never plays QB, mostly because they are freaking about the pick. But if McDaniels really has some system to create NE-Lite in Denver... he won't die by taking a wild chance on one guy. Winning heals all wounds in the NFL. Here in RaiderLand we are all rooting for McDaniels to fail in Denver.... but it ain't Tebow that would bring him down. Only losing does that in this league. This I know.

Finger Roll
04-24-2010, 09:34 PM
and if you're going to reach for a player the only position I would do it with is at qb because the rewards are so great.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Well played, my friend. I defy anyone to argue this point.

It really is crazy. 1st round QBs bust time and time agian, and guys like Brees and Brady succeed. How do these guys possibly think they know what they are doing regarding QBs?

azbroncfan
04-24-2010, 09:44 PM

Tebow accounted for 2 TD's which was the same amount as the whole OSU team that was supposed to destroy Florida.

azbroncfan
04-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I have a feeling the Tebow pick is going to be one we all look back on in a few years and actually say how lucky the Broncos were to be able to go and get him. If he improved his mechanics in 2 months between the senior bowl and his pro day that much...I cannot possibly picture where McDaniels will have Tebow in 2 years. It kind of makes me giddy.

Yeah if Tiger Woods and other pro golfers can change a golf swing which requires a lot more precision then Tebow can quicken his release. This could be a great pick.

gunns
04-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Tebow was huge part of that championship team.

I don't remember him being a huge part. Scoring two one yard TD's, one at the end of each half when they were well ahead.

gunns
04-24-2010, 09:54 PM

I truly hope this too.

BroncoBuff
04-24-2010, 09:59 PM
It's a fact. Your crying to the contrary doesn't change that fact. You can argue that trading a 1st for Alphonso was bad, but the player made sense. Other than that, there is FACTUALLY a solid rationale for every pick. You're wrong to suggest otherwise.

It's opinion, nothing more. By definition, actually. Not trying to get all argue-y on this, but if you think Mike or Josh did or did not have a "solid rationale" for each of the picks they made, that is an opinion. Even thinking Darius Heyward-Bey was a solid pick is opinion. Not widely shared, but an opinion nonetheless.

And for the record, I love this draft. I've even come around on Tebow after reading some very good analyses.

Paladin
04-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, the more you know.......

OBF1
04-24-2010, 10:06 PM

"Trust me, Ive seen him play".... what a horses ass. Why not ask the people that play with him what they think...... since they are actual players, not some armchair wannabe. Tim has done nothing but win PERIOD. WTF does a loser like you know about that?

"He floats the ball".... The only thing you know about balls are the ones that are bouncing off of your chin. Man you are so full of shiat dude.

1) Heisman trophy
2) national championships
He has also won the Maxwell Award, the Davey O'Brien Award and the James E. Sullivan Award

He also set the record for the most rushing TD's in SEC history for a career... more than Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker.

A reach... no way, the only reach is you thinking you know shiat about Tebow and the NFL.

theAPAOps5
04-24-2010, 10:07 PM
TT Before and After

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5118225

Thats great and all but lets see what happens to that throwing motion when he gets blitzed by NFL Defensive Players rather than college players. Of all the guys who can change I would say he can do it given his work ethic but getting rocked in the NFL tends to get people scrambling for their comfort zone faster than you can say ouch.

bombquixote
04-24-2010, 10:14 PM
I am not sure why people cannot get this point. ESPN fellows are full of crap, and should be served ex-lax routinely. NFL fellows gave a very high review of the TT pick, but they are possibly shills for the NFL. I can pick all the right statements and make it sound as if TT is the worse pick in generations. Or I can find lots of Youtube videos of how great TT is along with many glowing testimonials.

But those manipulations would be a lie. No passionate, emotionally ladened "analysis" - incluidng yours BOAB - can or will predict what TT will do in the ensuing year(s). But it is a fact that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, as I am sure you read in your Psych. 101 books. And TT was big time winner in college ball.

Frankly, I really don't care what you feel or think about TT (those are different things leading to different argumentive opinions). It is your opinion, and I don't have a need to either change it or "defend" against it. It is as imporant to me as the next rain storm in Nova Scotia.....

Rather, I am feeling excited to get football up again. Now that the draft is over, we are that much closer to TC. It is "on the field play" that is important to me.

And I will watch TT and all the Broncos -for that is what they are now - and cheer for them.

Matt Leinart.

Ugly Duck
04-24-2010, 10:16 PM
The only thing you know about balls are the ones that are bouncing off of your chin.

Dang! You guyz are ruder than RaiderFanz!

azbroncfan
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Matt Leinart.

Winning and being southpaws is about all they have in common.

DarkHorse
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
88 TD's in his college career - I don't care if they come off of screens, short passes that receivers break open, swing pass for a td, etc.... 88 TD's in 4 years is pretty f'ing impressive.

Minimal INT's and big yardage numbers too.

THEN, add in his insane rushing yards and 57 TD's?????

Yeah, i'm cool with this pick. Let him start out easy much like his Freshman year - short yardage and goal line stuff. Then keep working with him as a QB, see what happens.

theAPAOps5
04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Matt Leinart.

Yes but there are outliers too. Take Elway for instance, he didn't win shiat in college at Stanford but he sure as heck did win in the NFL. Yeah as a young player in the NFL he had some issues but he learned and grew from them. Some players would do well by learning from him!

Steve Sewell
04-24-2010, 10:31 PM

I disagree. People forget that we have one of the best owners in pro sports.

Steve Sewell
04-24-2010, 10:40 PM

Oh noes we gave up a third round pick to move up and take a chance at a kid that could turn out to be incredible.:welcome:

BroncoBuff
04-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Before you bash Tebow too much, read this article closely: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91069

It's an excellent piece of work, well-reasoned and researched. Spun me damn near 180 on the kid.

Gob
04-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Thats great and all but lets see what happens to that throwing motion when he gets blitzed by NFL Defensive Players rather than college players. Of all the guys who can change I would say he can do it given his work ethic but getting rocked in the NFL tends to get people scrambling for their comfort zone faster than you can say ouch.

His refined arm motion will either be practiced into muscle memory, or it won't. Even if he regresses the first few times he sees some pressure, so what? All rookie qb's regress technically the first time they feel NFL pressure, then some have the mental makeup to learn to keep their composure and others bust. I think McDaniels is betting he has the mental tools to go through the fire, learn, and come out fine.

PaintballCLE
04-24-2010, 11:01 PM
"Trust me, Ive seen him play".... what a horses ass. Why not ask the people that play with him what they think...... since they are actual players, not some armchair wannabe. Tim has done nothing but win PERIOD. WTF does a loser like you know about that?

"He floats the ball".... The only thing you know about balls are the ones that are bouncing off of your chin. Man you are so full of shiat dude.

1) Heisman trophy
2) national championships
He has also won the Maxwell Award, the Davey O'Brien Award and the James E. Sullivan Award

He also set the record for the most rushing TD's in SEC history for a career... more than Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker.

A reach... no way, the only reach is you thinking you know shiat about Tebow and the NFL.

people like you that think this is a great pick,and think just because a guy was a good college Qb he will be good in the NFL. It doesn't work that way. you really think he is going to run up the middle every other play in the nfl and make it through more than 3 games? how about in the NFL with elite corners, the safeties can play up (ala second half of last year) and he can't throw deep with accuracy. Also since you bring up the heisman,

Here are the Qb's that have won since 1990:
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Troy Smith
Matt Leinart
Carson Palmer
Jason White
Eric Crouch
Chris Weinke
Danny Wuerffel
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Ty Detmer
Andre Ware

Palmer is the only one worth a damn, and he was a 1 overall pick.

Notice anything there? Great college qb does not mean great nfl QB or even an NFL QB at all.

But go buy your tim tebow jersey, just like the poor fans who bought the jerseys of the above players. Who knows, in a few years maybe you can donate it to Haiti so they can have something to wipe their ass on besides leaves.

Also its great he lead the SEC in RUSHING td's........because for a minute there i thought we drafted him as a QB.

Go back to sucking on cutler's or shanny's dick and get your facts together first before you open your dumb mouth.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
people like you that think this is a great pick,and think just because a guy was a good college Qb he will be good in the NFL. It doesn't work that way. you really think he is going to run up the middle every other play in the nfl and make it through more than 3 games? how about in the NFL with elite corners, the safeties can play up (ala second half of last year) and he can't throw deep with accuracy. Also since you bring up the heisman,

Here are the Qb's that have won since 1990:
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Troy Smith
Matt Leinart
Carson Palmer
Jason White
Eric Crouch
Chris Weinke
Danny Wuerffel
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Ty Detmer
Andre Ware

Palmer is the only one worth a damn, and he was a 1 overall pick.

Notice anything there? Great college qb does not mean great nfl QB or even an NFL QB at all.

But go buy your tim tebow jersey, just like the poor fans who bought the jerseys of the above players. Who knows, in a few years maybe you can donate it to Haiti so they can have something to wipe their ass on besides leaves.

Also its great he lead the SEC in RUSHING td's........because for a minute there i thought we drafted him as a QB.

Go back to sucking on cutler's or shanny's dick and get your facts together first before you open your dumb mouth.

No one is saying winning the Heisman predicts any sort of success, but why are you implying it guarantees failure? Also, regardless of what Tebow may or may not become, he is unique to all of them.

ton80
04-24-2010, 11:21 PM
I realize he did that to get Tebow, but the fact is we gave up 3 picks we had, regardless of how we got them. And I'm still puzzled about manufacturing that many picks for a project in the first round. Hey, I hope to hell the guy turns out to be the next Elway or at least has the consistency to get us to the next level offensively, and I can laugh in the face of all the people that called me laughing, not to mention the media. But right now I'm questioning the pick of a known project in the first round.

All by design my friend. All by design.

broncocalijohn
04-24-2010, 11:22 PM

I support Josh and I would go that far. We had some questionable picks or timing of those picks last season. I do believe this one is much better.

Steve Sewell
04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I just have to laugh about all the people concerned about pro QB mechanics. We used to have a pidgeon-toed guy with an awkward throwing motion. Granted, Tebow couldn't carry his jock right now at the same stage, but there is WAY too much stock put in this stuff. If we were depending on the guy to come in and start right away, that would be one thing. But that is simply not the case, and I just have to chuckle at the people saying McD's job rests on the success or failure of Tebow, especially considering that we essentially gave up a 3rd round pick to move up for him.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 12:01 PM
You couldn't be farther from the truth on most of his TD's on screens. That statement right there tells me you haven't watched him much other than when Florida destroyed OSU as big underdogs in the title. Out of his 29 passing TD's in 2007 when he had 51 total TD's only 1 yes 1 was a bubble screen. Most of his TD passes were over 10 yards. Nice try though.

Here is the youtube video in this thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2823414&posted=1#post2823414