http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/49821/tebowrain3.jpg
Founding Members: Montrose, SoCal

SoCalBronco
04-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Where's Hillis?

montrose
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Where's Hillis?

Somewhere else, being loved by Tim Tebow - as are all living things.

What Would Tim Tebow Do?

Dagmar
04-24-2010, 07:11 PM
God I cannot wait till next season, being a Bronco fan and I'll be living in Denver, I am so excited about this team!

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm not convinced both Beadles and Wlaton will win a spot. Rookies usually have trouble picking up an offense. I think Seth Olsen wins a job at one of the spots.

FireFly
04-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm not convinced both Beadles and Wlaton will win a spot. Rookies usually have trouble picking up an offense. I think Seth Olsen wins a job at one of the spots.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't :thumbs:

gyldenlove
04-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Stab at 53:

QB: Orton, Brady, Tebow

RB: Moreno, Buckhalter, Arrington, Ball

TE: Graham, Quinn, Branson

WR1: Gaffney, Decker

WR2: Royal, Mckinley

WR3: Thomas, Lloyd

LT: Clady, Polumbus

LG: Beadles, Hochstein

OC: Walton, Olsen

RG: Kuper, Olsen

RT: Harris

Offense: 25

FS: Dawkins, Mcbath

SS: Hill, Bruton

CB1: Bailey, Jones, Cox

CB2: Goodman, Smith, Thompson

ILB1: DJ Williams, Woodyard

ILB2: Haggain, Larsen

OLB1: Dumervil, Reid

OLB2: Ayers, Kirlew

DE1: Mcbean, Thomas

NT: Williams, Fields, Baker

DE2: Bannan, Green

Defense: 25

K: Prater

P: X

LS: Paxton

Special teams: 3

The only rookie I am not sure will make the final 53 is Kirlew, but since we don't have a ton of options at OLB he might.

BroncoBuff
04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Disagree ... unless he's really slammed by the learning curve, we start Tebow now.

Shoemaker
04-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Disagree ... unless he's really slammed by the learning curve, we start Tebow now.

Really?

I don't think there's a chance we start Tebow right away unless he looks like the second coming of Elway in training camp.

Why would Josh rush his development like that? He's just tied his career (in Denver, at least) to how Tebow performs as a quarterback. Don't you think he's going to make sure Tim is as fully prepared as possible before throwing him into the NFL as a starter?

The consensus is that Tebow is a QB project for a reason. He does have very noticable flaws in his footwork and delivery. Nothing that can't be corrected with a year or two of training by the best quarterbacks coach in the league, but still.

I would bet a large sum of money that Tebow won't be starting at quarterback for at least a year, if not two.

That One Guy
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not a smart man but is it common for a rookie to start at C? Seems like one of the tougher positions to jump right into unless the QB is going to REALLLLLLY help with the assignments at the LOS.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Nah...Tebow gets in on special packages. Orton starts, maybe Quinn gets in if Orton gets hurt or sucks.

That One Guy
04-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Really?

I don't think there's a chance we start Tebow right away unless he looks like the second coming of Elway in training camp.

Why would Josh rush his development like that? He's just tied his career (in Denver, at least) to how Tebow performs as a quarterback. Don't you think he's going to make sure Tim is as fully prepared as possible before throwing him into the NFL as a starter?

The consensus is that Tebow is a QB project for a reason. He does have very noticable flaws in his footwork and delivery. Nothing that can't be corrected with a year or two of training by the best quarterbacks coach in the league, but still.

I would bet a large sum of money that Tebow won't be starting at quarterback for at least a year, if not two.

Absolutely agree... Tebow will have a harder time getting on the field than most because McD's reputation depends on his success. He'll milk that for just as long as possible or until he thinks Tebow is absolutely ready. He'll be babied and catered to like none other that has ever come before (in terms of making sure they know exactly what to do and what to expect).

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
QB: Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow, Tom Brandstater
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, JJ Arrington, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall
WR: Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley
WR: Jabar Gaffney, Eric Decker, Matthew Willis
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Lloyd, Kenny McKinley
TE: Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn, Marquez Branson
LT: Ryan Clady, Brandon Gorin
LG: Zane Beadles, Seth Olsen, Matt McChesney
C: J.D. Walton, Russ Hochstein, Dustin Fry
RG: Chris Kuper, Eric Olsen
RT: Ryan Harris, Tyler Polumbus, D'Anthony Batiste

DE: Justin Bannan, Le Kevin Smith, Marcus Thomas
DE: Jarvis Green, Ryan McBean
NT: Jamal Williams, Ronnie Fields, Chris Baker
OLB: Elvis Dumervil, Jarvis Moss, Jammie Kirlew
OLB: Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Baraka Atkins
ILB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard, Braxton Kelley
ILB: Mario Haggan, Akin Ayodele, Spencer Larsen
CB: Champ Bailey, Nate Jones, Tony Carter, Syd'Quan Thompson
CB: Andre Goodman, Alphonso Smith, Perrish Cox
S: Brian Dawkins, Darcel McBath
S: Renaldo Hill, David Bruton, Josh Barrett

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt, A.J. Trapasso
DS: Lonie Paxton

What Would Tim Tebow Do?

So who get's cut? This is the deepest Broncos team I've seen in a long time.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Remember when we had guys like Nate Webster, John Engleberger, Josh Mallard, Calvin Lowry, Marlon McCree, Niko Koutovides, and Nate Farking Webster on the depth chart? Holy hell. Nate Webster. That was rock bottom, and I didn't even realize it at the time.

Mr. Trout
04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
damn! that lineup doesn't look to bad. I don't think the rooks will start on the line though. as others have already brought up.

TheReverend
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
What Would Tim Tebow Do?

No offense, but a substantial amount of Gator fans beat you guys to that years ago...

BroncoBuff
04-24-2010, 10:33 PM
We'll see ... but I think we start him. :thumbs:

And Quinn is an afterthought, his starter potential is basically washed up.

Ratboy
04-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I would love to see McBath break into the starting lineup. He showed tons of potential!

bpc
04-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Holy **** we're thin at HB and LB.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 01:55 AM

Hmmm. Seems like you don't understand football too well son. Looks like you need to get on the short bus going home.

Elway777
04-25-2010, 02:41 AM
I still think the Broncos make a play at Harvy Unga in supplemental draft to play power running back plus maybe some fullback and Tight end. I also think Moss could see more action at outside linebacker with Haggan going inside.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 02:52 AM

Really? At running back we have an established starter, one of the better change of pace guys around and a pretty good 3rd stringer.

At LB we have two very good starters in DJ and Doom, two solid vets in Haggan and Ayodele and our 1st round pick from last year backed up by another solid vet.

Seriously, you've got problems if you think we're thin at those positions. Well, I guess it's damn near official that you have problems as it is but this is just icing on the cake.

BMarsh615
04-25-2010, 05:13 AM
McDaniels said he cut Andra Davis because he wasn't going to start this year and couldn't contribute on special teams. Is Akin Ayodele going to start? He is probably too old to play ST.

The Joker
04-25-2010, 05:23 AM
We are quite thin at OLB.

Doom is awesome, obviously, and I think that Ayers will do just fine at the other spot. But after them we have no depth whatsoever. Reid is a back-up and ST guy, while expecting Kirlew to contribute as a rookie would be very optimistic.

Maybe Haggan will play some OLB too.

montrose
04-25-2010, 09:14 AM
No offense, but a substantial amount of Gator fans beat you guys to that years ago...

Damn it. Oh well, we founded the Orange Mane chapter!

tsiguy96
04-25-2010, 09:18 AM
We are quite thin at OLB.

Doom is awesome, obviously, and I think that Ayers will do just fine at the other spot. But after them we have no depth whatsoever. Reid is a back-up and ST guy, while expecting Kirlew to contribute as a rookie would be very optimistic.

Maybe Haggan will play some OLB too.

reid had like 4.5 sacks last year.

TheDave
04-25-2010, 10:03 AM

You will ruin him if he starts... He is no where near ready for the NFL.

With the exception of a couple of "packages" here and there this kid is getting redshirted.

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
You will ruin him if he starts... He is no where near ready for the NFL.

With the exception of a couple of "packages" here and there this kid is getting redshirted.

I think that's an exaggeration. There's a good volume of work left to be done, but if you look at the growth from the senior bowl to his pro day workouts, it's a lot of night and day.

The remaining questions, imo, are getting him some good reps in a pro style offense and I'd also not give him a QB jersey in TC so we can see if he has a tendency to regress to poor mechanics and taking off and running it under pressure.

My main question is... wtf was the QB coach in FL doing? If he could fix his throwing motion that much in 2 months... wtf were they doing the four years prior?

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I think that's an exaggeration. There's a good volume of work left to be done, but if you look at the growth from the senior bowl to his pro day workouts, it's a lot of night and day.

The remaining questions, imo, are getting him some good reps in a pro style offense and I'd also not give him a QB jersey in TC so we can see if he has a tendency to regress to poor mechanics and taking off and running it under pressure.

My main question is... wtf was the QB coach in FL doing? If he could fix his throwing motion that much in 2 months... wtf were they doing the four years prior?

Winning was all Florida was doing. This has already been hashed out as to why Meyer didn't really push Tebow as hard as he could have to change his mechanics.

omarjaret
04-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Winning football games. They didn't need to "fix" anything in his game for the college game... just look at his stats.

edit ^^^ absolutely

TheDave
04-25-2010, 10:26 AM

It's easy to "fix" mechanical issues in static environments like his pro day. The problem becomes what happenes during the middle of a game. Most likely his mechanics will revert to the way he did things for most of his life.

It's going to take a while to work out these kinks on a permanant basis.

Also keep in mind that 2011 could be a strike/lock out shortened season. With Orton out the door and Quinn still under contract for a another season that could be a perfect time to get him some game reps.

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 10:29 AM
It's easy to "fix" mechanical issues in static environments like his pro day. The problem becomes what happenes during the middle of a game. Most likely his mechanics will revert to the way he did things for most of his life.

It's going to take a while to work out these kinks on a permanant basis.

Also keep in mind that 2001 could be a strike/lock out shortened season. With Orton out the door and Quinn still under contract for a another season that could be a perfect time to get him some game reps.

Duh... that's why I said keep the QB jersey off him and let him take some shots. Would love to be there the first time a DB on a blitz tries to tackle him though...

"Alphonso Smith injured and placed on the IR blitzing Tebow"

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Winning football games. They didn't need to "fix" anything in his game for the college game... just look at his stats.

edit ^^^ absolutely

Yeah, I agree, but there's also nothing wrong with making improvements on an already great college player... especially when you owe him your dick and can do him a great service in his post-collegiate career.

bpc
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Hmmm. Seems like you don't understand football too well son. Looks like you need to get on the short bus going home.

Well you're proving your knowledge on the situation right now.

Knowshon gets banged up pretty easily IMO. This happened at UGA, and it happened last year in the preseason. He can't handle the full load.

Buckhalter has one of the most storied injury histories of any HB to play. It's a surprise and credit to him that he's still on the field. He BTW, missed time last year as well.

JJ Arrington missed all of last season with an injury after he failed his physical when we signed him. Ummmmm... we are counting on this guy?

The two guy's after him... who? We better hope the kid from OU is a player... he will probably make our roster as an UDFA.

At OLB, we have Doom and Ayers... considering Ayers had 0 sacks last year, hard to bet on what type of player he is this year. I like D. Reid but he's coming off a pretty substantial injury/surgery this offseason. Hopefully he comes back at 100%. At this point and time, Jarvis Moss should not be on our roster. I guess Mario Hagans can move over in a pinch which then leaves us even more shallow at MLB because he's expecting to be a starter there with DJ. Behind him are Woodyard/Larsen, both who I think are fine people, questionable assets in the 3-4.

So you try to paint me as somebody who doesn't know what's going on, but your general lack of understanding depth/talent proves you're not really qualified to be calling anybody out on this forum. Overlooking these roster holes makes you look like a buffoon. Not that anybody should be surprised with those facts.

bpc
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Really? At running back we have an established starter, one of the better change of pace guys around and a pretty good 3rd stringer.

At LB we have two very good starters in DJ and Doom, two solid vets in Haggan and Ayodele and our 1st round pick from last year backed up by another solid vet.

Seriously, you've got problems if you think we're thin at those positions. Well, I guess it's damn near official that you have problems as it is but this is just icing on the cake.

See the post above as you can easily fill in for unknowledgable exhibit A. You prove this theory correct on a day to day basis.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Really? At running back we have an established starter, one of the better change of pace guys around and a pretty good 3rd stringer. .

There is some serious concern there. Buckhalter is good when healthy but really can't be counted on to stay healthy. Arrington is a pretty good return guy but average at best as a RB. I have seen him play a lot since he was in AZ. He is a good reciever though, I think MCD wanted to use him like Faulk in NE. Anyways Denver needs to address the RB depth and they can get a bandaid once cuts start as there will be surprise cuts in next few months. I see Jones in Seattle getting AX not that he is that great but he could suffice.

DenverBrit
04-25-2010, 12:14 PM

This sounds familiar.

Do you automatically want any Denver QB not named Orton to start? Ha!

Dagmar
04-25-2010, 12:31 PM
This sounds familiar.

Do you automatically want any Denver QB not named Orton to start? Ha!

Remember, Buff spent MONTHS calling Josh an idiot for not playing Simms.

Buff = mock lite.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Arrington is a pretty good return guy but average at best as a RB. Imagine that. A 3rd string running back who is average.

Chris
04-25-2010, 01:48 PM
There is some serious concern there. Buckhalter is good when healthy but really can't be counted on to stay healthy. Arrington is a pretty good return guy but average at best as a RB. I have seen him play a lot since he was in AZ. He is a good reciever though, I think MCD wanted to use him like Faulk in NE. Anyways Denver needs to address the RB depth and they can get a bandaid once cuts start as there will be surprise cuts in next few months. I see Jones in Seattle getting AX not that he is that great but he could suffice.

That's why we wanted Gerhart. The only disappointment for me was the Vikes surprising us and taking him... but Decker is a great pickup instead.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Imagine that. A 3rd string running back who is average.

Your the one calling him pretty good and I'll dare bet you have never seen him play in the pros. Truth is his only value is a reciever or a return man.

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Your the one calling him pretty good and I'll dare bet you have never seen him play in the pros. Truth is his only value is a reciever or a return man.

In fairness, he was getting hit a LOT in the backfield in AZ. I do agree with your ultimate assessment on him though... though I think you're being generous with "average". Buckhalter played average. Moreno played below average on the whole, with flashes of superiority. Arrington has played bottom of the barrel, NOT average.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 03:01 PM
In fairness, he was getting hit a LOT in the backfield in AZ. I do agree with your ultimate assessment on him though... though I think you're being generous with "average". Buckhalter played average. Moreno played below average on the whole, with flashes of superiority. Arrington has played bottom of the barrel, NOT average.

Your right I was definately being generous. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and average at best would be his ceiling. He was drafted to be the guy and never could handle it.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Your the one calling him pretty good He is, relative to his placement on the depth chart. Obviously that would not be the case if he was the starter, but you seem to be one of the few who needs that explained to you.

and I'll dare bet you have never seen him play in the pros. Ok. What's the bet?

Truth is his only value is a reciever or a return man. I'm shocked and amazed to hear that.

gyldenlove
04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Duh... that's why I said keep the QB jersey off him and let him take some shots. Would love to be there the first time a DB on a blitz tries to tackle him though...

"Alphonso Smith injured and placed on the IR blitzing Tebow"

"War at Dove Valley, Dawkins decapitates rookie during practice"

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
He is, relative to his placement on the depth chart. Obviously that would not be the case if he was the starter, but you seem to be one of the few who needs that explained to you.

Ok. What's the bet?

I'm shocked and amazed to hear that.

You would argue that water isn't wet. There are a million guys that could be brought in off the street or undrafted out of college that bring what JJ brings. No he isn't good and in Denver the 3rd string RB needs to be a capable #2 since Buck most likely will get hurt. To defend Denver's depth at RB is absurd as it needs to be addressed and MCD was thinking same thing with Toby G. and the TENN RB on his board.

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
"War at Dove Valley, Dawkins decapitates rookie during practice"

Tebow probably wouldn't feel good about crippling a senior citizen, so he'd heal Dawkins broken spinal cord after the hit.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
New England has 15 LB's on their roster. I could really see us making a trade with them if they like what they see out of the rookies they drafted.

TheReverend
04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
New England has 15 LB's on their roster. I could really see us making a trade with them if they like what they see out of the rookies they drafted.

Well done. That's an extremely likely scenario as TC approaches

gyldenlove
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Tebow probably wouldn't feel good about crippling a senior citizen, so he'd heal Dawkins broken spinal cord after the hit.

How would he do that without his head?

I think you underestimate the fury that is Brian Dawkins, it is a mistake many has paid dearly for, just hope he never runs into you (in every sense of the phrase).

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Buff = mock lite

You really want to go there? How about yours and Rusty's crybaby antics, which are well documented. You were "leaving the board forever" when people told you to stop making fun of users' medical issues, remember? That drama played out twice actually, plus all the troubling, drama-filled, stalker-like reps and PMs you've sent me. Want I should share?

It's called an opinion, deal with it. Let's live and let live.

It's early, but I think Tebow will start and/or be involved in a good percentage of downs.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 05:01 PM
And by the way .... the Neil Patrick Harris with the unicorn thing?

How much do you know about Neil Patrick Harris?

DBroncos4life
04-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Well done. That's an extremely likely scenario as TC approaches

If Jermaine Cunningham shows anything I think Adalius Thomas is a goner. I really hope Brandon Spikes just lights it up. No way would they move Jerod Mayo at all so Gary Guyton might be the odd man out. I really would love to get him. He was undrafted but these are his combine numbers from three years ago....

40-yard dash -- 4.47 (1st among LBs)
Vertical jump -- 36.5 (1st among LBs)
Broad jump -- 10"6'' (tied-1st among LBs)
3-cone drill -- 7.07, (tied-8th)
60-yard shuttle -- 11.57 (5th)
22 wonderlic score

He is coming off a pretty solid year too. 85 tackles 2 sacks. ProFootballFocus had him stronger vs the pass. He started week 2-5 while Mayo was out.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 06:08 PM
You really want to go there? How about yours and Rusty's crybaby antics, which are well documented. You were "leaving the board forever" when people told you to stop making fun of users' medical issues, remember? That drama played out twice actually, plus all the troubling, drama-filled, stalker-like reps and PMs you've sent me. Want I should share?

It's called an opinion, deal with it. Let's live and let live.

It's early, but I think Tebow will start and/or be involved in a good percentage of downs.

oh snap!

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
You would argue that water isn't wet. It just seems that way because you constantly try to position yourself on the other side of the argument as me.

There are a million guys that could be brought in off the street or undrafted out of college that bring what JJ brings. So where are they then?

No he isn't good and in Denver the 3rd string RB needs to be a capable #2 since Buck most likely will get hurt. We sure seem pretty high on him, so I think it's safe to say the team feels he has something to offer.

To defend Denver's depth at RB is absurd as it needs to be addressed and MCD was thinking same thing with Toby G. and the TENN RB on his board. Trying to upgrade the position and being thin on depth are not mutually exclusive.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
It just seems that way because you constantly try to position yourself on the other side of the argument as me.

So where are they then?

We sure seem pretty high on him, so I think it's safe to say the team feels he has something to offer.

Trying to upgrade the position and being thin on depth are not mutually exclusive.

Tell me what Arrington does well outside of KR's and recieving? Westbrook, Betts, Cartwright, Fargas, Jordan, Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson. There probably are more that I am passing over.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Tell me what Arrington does well outside of KR's and recieving? The last time he saw that field he was averaging 6 yards a carry. I'd say that along with his return and receiving skills makes him the ideal 3rd back.

Westbrook, Betts, Cartwright, Fargas, Jordan, Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson. There probably are more that I am passing over. Good list, but not too applicable here as almost all of them are going to want bigger roles than they'd get here.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
The last time he saw that field he was averaging 6 yards a carry. I'd say that along with his return and receiving skills makes him the ideal 3rd back.

Good list, but not too applicable here as almost all of them are going to want bigger roles than they'd get here.

I just went down the list and listed any FA. Yeah show me a game where AZ used him that mattered. In 08 he only had 31 carries on the year and those came in blowouts at garbage time. Arguing 6 ypc is the same recipe Bob uses but if we want to go that route in the postseason in 08 he carried 6 times in 4 games for 1.5 yards. Career 3.6 ypc guy who makes Tatum Bell and Griffin look like John Riggins.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I just went down the list and listed any FA. Yeah show me a game where AZ used him that mattered. In 08 he only had 31 carries on the year and those came in blowouts at garbage time.

No **** eh? Sounds alot like what we need him to do here.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
oh snap!

Yeah .... and just a few minutes after that, he went and attacked mock's condition again, and unsurprisingly, TJ gave him a vacation.

Seems like he takes football opinions and discussion too personally. Once I disagreed with what he said and he repped me (neg-repped me), "I don't care if you like me or not..."

Point is, he has good football knowledge and good football takes. But he conflates agreement/disagreement with personal approval. He's too smart for that .... I just don't get it.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 09:26 PM
No **** eh? Sounds alot like what we need him to do here.

No we need the 3rd back to be able to play effectively and be capable of a
#2 back. He is worthless if he can't run the ball with Buck's inability to stay healthy. Spin/defend him how you want though but I know have seen enough of him to know we would be in trouble if we require more than garbage carries from him.

gunns
04-25-2010, 09:46 PM
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, JJ Arrington, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall

This worries me more than anything. At OLB I sure hope Ayers has a breakout year. But McD has done something I've been waiting for, depth. Nice. I think Beadles has a better chance of starting than Walton.

Elway777
04-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I just went down the list and listed any FA. Yeah show me a game where AZ used him that mattered. In 08 he only had 31 carries on the year and those came in blowouts at garbage time. Arguing 6 ypc is the same recipe Bob uses but if we want to go that route in the postseason in 08 he carried 6 times in 4 games for 1.5 yards. Career 3.6 ypc guy who makes Tatum Bell and Griffin look like John Riggins. J.J arington Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UZbZUvmtuE
Arrington has alot of potential if he can stay healthy

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 10:26 PM
J.J arington Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UZbZUvmtuE
Arrington has alot of potential if he can stay healthy

He was given the starting job in Arizona when they drafted him to be their guy. He showed in the pros that he isn't a very good runner of the ball. I have seen him play a lot since I end up watching the Cardinals if Denver game isn't on at same time. Average would be the best case scenerio.

ZONA
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
He was given the starting job in Arizona when they drafted him to be their guy. He showed in the pros that he isn't a very good runner of the ball. I have seen him play a lot since I end up watching the Cardinals if Denver game isn't on at same time. Average would be the best case scenerio.

To be fair, Peterson would have had a hard time running behind those 5 guys in Arizona they called an offensive line (when JJ was there). They were horid. Not to mention horrible coaching as well. My biggest concern with JJ would not be his talent, but his health.

HAT
04-26-2010, 05:20 AM

Ahahahahahaha.

TonyR
04-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Speaking of depth, can Henderson play NT in a 3-4 or is he strictly a 4-3 DT? And does he have anything left or is he washed up? He's only 31.

Jaguars bid farewell to John Henderson
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2010 8:15 AM ET

John Henderson is about to leave the only team he's ever played for.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Jacksonville will release Henderson today.

The Jaguars had been shopping Henderson in a trade, and Schefter reports that the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants had expressed some interest. But now he'll become an unrestricted free agent.

The Jaguars used their top two draft picks on defensive tackles, which made it clear that they wanted to get younger at the position. Henderson had two years and $11 million left on his contract.

The 31-year-old Henderson was drafted by the Jaguars in 2002 and has been a starter on their defensive line ever since. He has missed only four games in eight seasons, but now he'll have to find a new trainer to slap him in the face every Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/26/jaguars-bid-farewell-to-john-henderson/

Elway777
04-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Henderson would equal superbowl for Broncos. The Broncos starting defensive line of Henderson, Williams, and Banner.That would be tough to run against plus Green and McBean as backup with Fields and Baker as backup Nose tackles.I think the Broncos still have the lowest payroll and could afford 3 million a year for Big John. They can cut Stokley to play for Henderson.

TheReverend
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Henderson would equal superbowl for Broncos. The Broncos starting defensive line of Henderson, Williams, and Banner.That would be tough to run against plus Green and McBean as backup with Fields and Baker as backup Nose tackles.I think the Broncos still have the lowest payroll and could afford 3 million a year for Big John. They can cut Stokley to play for Henderson.

http://imgur.com/VW5jo.jpg

The Joker
04-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Henderson would be a DE in a 3-4 I would think.

He's far from the player he was, but I wouldn't say he's completely washed up either.

The big issue with him seems to be motivation, a change of scenery might be just what he needs. If we could get him on a short term, relatively cheap deal I'd be very interested in seeing what he could do. I'm far from sold on our DE's.

I think a 4-3 team with a hole at DT will give him a pretty decent deal though, so I doubt we get a shot.

gyldenlove
04-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Speaking of depth, can Henderson play NT in a 3-4 or is he strictly a 4-3 DT? And does he have anything left or is he washed up? He's only 31.

Jaguars bid farewell to John Henderson
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2010 8:15 AM ET

John Henderson is about to leave the only team he's ever played for.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Jacksonville will release Henderson today.

The Jaguars had been shopping Henderson in a trade, and Schefter reports that the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants had expressed some interest. But now he'll become an unrestricted free agent.

The Jaguars used their top two draft picks on defensive tackles, which made it clear that they wanted to get younger at the position. Henderson had two years and $11 million left on his contract.

The 31-year-old Henderson was drafted by the Jaguars in 2002 and has been a starter on their defensive line ever since. He has missed only four games in eight seasons, but now he'll have to find a new trainer to slap him in the face every Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/26/jaguars-bid-farewell-to-john-henderson/

Henderson is wasted in a 3-4, he is a one gap attacker all the way and that is what he is good at, he didn't work in the Jags 3-4 last year so there doesn't seem to be much reason to give him a go in ours. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions or Tampa pick him up to pair with their new studs.

montrose
04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm a big fan of the number of badasses we have on this team now, dude's that bring the nasty and punish people include but are not limited to: Tebow, Dawkins, Reid (ask Macho Harris who he is, BOOM!), DJ (Addai and R.Williams' ears are still ringing, lol. K.Faulk and T.Edwards too!), Larsen, Graham, Haggan, Ayers (whats up Charles!), Doom, Woody, on and on...

Here's hoping the Broncos are knocking the piss out of people, literally, all season long baby!