PDA

View Full Version : So... no news from Orton yet?

lostknight
04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
It's a bad year to be traded, but I almost wonder if Orton's going to demand a trade. It's pretty clear that the Broncos don't have huge plans for him after this year, and it's also very clear from Quinn and Tebow, that they don't feel like he is getting where the Broncos need him to be.

FADERPROOF
04-24-2010, 11:07 AM
we can only hope so, and that its granted

Dagmar
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Orton isn't a butthurt beetus wank like Cutler, he wont demand a trade.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/lorincej/KyleOrton.gif

Vs

http://thejetpress.com/files/2009/03/emo_jay_cutler.jpg

So shut the **** up.

bpc
04-24-2010, 11:09 AM
The only person who should care about Kyle Orton is Popps, since he sold us on his greatness all season and how QB wasn't a position we should worry about with him going into year 2. ha ha.

I love that McDaniels pulled the rug out under your ass on that one.

I give McD lots of respect for turning a position of weakness last year, into a loaded position of strength with four developing prospects. Orton just being the seatwarmer is a good thing.

Dagmar
04-24-2010, 11:11 AM
The only person who should care about Kyle Orton is Popps, since he sold us on his greatness all season and how QB wasn't a position we should worry about with him going into year 2. ha ha.

I love that McDaniels pulled the rug out under your ass on that one.

I give McD lots of respect for turning a position of weakness last year, into a loaded position of strength with four developing prospects. Orton just being the seatwarmer is a good thing.

http://i40.tinypic.com/mc9q43.png

robbieopperude
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/mc9q43.png

That might be putting a little to much value on Orton. I am surprised to see that he was 14th in QB rating. I can't argue that they guy doesn't make good decisions for the most part but I will suggest that Tebow will put up a similar QB rating in 3 years.

I would also say that in the 4th Qtr Orton would be one of the last guys you would want from the list that is showing. I still stand by my statement that he is at best a top 20 QB and in terms of trade value he is probably around 25 or so for starting NFL QB's. Essentially if he went on the market I would be surprised if we got more than a 5th round pick for him. Probably a 6th rounder the same as Jason C. went for.

Dagmar
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
That might be putting a little to much value on Orton. I am surprised to see that he was 14th in QB rating. I can't argue that they guy doesn't make good decisions for the most part but I will suggest that Tebow will put up a similar QB rating in 3 years.

I would also say that in the 4th Qtr Orton would be one of the last guys you would want from the list that is showing. I still stand by my statement that he is at best a top 20 QB and in terms of trade value he is probably around 25 or so for starting NFL QB's. Essentially if he went on the market I would be surprised if we got more than a 5th round pick for him. Probably a 6th rounder the same as Jason C. went for.
I posted STATS. Not an opinion.

Rabb
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
this is such a stupid thread

Orton has no reason to be upset, nor does any QB that has competition

you get better from it or you GTFO, that is how sports go

Cito Pelon
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Orton isn't a butthurt beetus wank like Cutler, he wont demand a trade.

Vs

http://thejetpress.com/files/2009/03/emo_jay_cutler.jpg

So shut the **** up.

Agreed.

Orton will be a pro, he'll work hard and will be the starter come opening day. Orton will work and work to improve, and he'll let the chips fall where they may.

TheReverend
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
OP you obviously missed this?:

"Yes! We got Tebow!! Looks like I got myself a TE to replace Scheffler. Plus he'll bring in so much southern bell cooch it's redonkulous!"

"Wait a second..... Tebow thinks he can play QB?? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!!! Bring it on ****face!!"

http://twitter.com/Kingneckbeard

Natedog24
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Wait a second..... Tebow thinks he can play QB?? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!!! Bring it on ****face!!

KingNeckbeard's twitter is the real Kyle Orton, right? /sarcasm

Doh, looks like I was beaten to the punch....

Blart
04-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Quinn is a backup, Tebow is a pet project, and Orton is an NFL starter.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14949386

Anyway, Orton and his wife were leaving when there was a commotion unrelated to crashing pins. The Broncos, who had taken receiver Demaryius Thomas with the No. 22 overall pick, were back on the clock at No. 25.

Orton stopped, took a couple of steps toward a television set and watched his team select superstar college quarterback Tim Tebow.

Orton displayed no reaction, and left.

The Broncos' other veteran quarterback, Brady Quinn, was also was at the bowling lanes, and also did his best not to react.

Check ball. Game on.

Orton still is the 2010 starter as of April 24, 2010?

"Still, no question," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

NFLBRONCO
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd love to dump Orton but, no way we can right now.

Taco John
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Orton doesn't have the juice to demand a trade.

TheReverend
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
If Orton is smart, he just keeps his eyes focused on 2010 and playing well so he can hit a decent contract as an UFA or in a tag and trade situation.

NYBronco
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Orton should improve in his second year behind a bigger Oline addressed in this draft, Moreno as well. That's a good thing for both Orton and the Broncos if it all ends up in trading Kyle before his contract is up.

HAT
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Can't wait to see Ol' Neckbeard make another big leap in year 2. Also stoked that Denver upgraded the backup with Quinn over Simms. Tebow will fun to watch however he ends up on the field in 2010.

McD's longterm plan is pretty clear.....

2010:
Milk Orton for all he's worth & still cling to the 'win now' philosophy.

Hope Quinn doesn't need to see the field this year while learning the system but nice knowing your B/U has starting experience.

Get your fan favorite 3rd string QB on the field here and there because he is so athletically gifted.

Tuck 'Stater on the PS if possible.

2011:
Reassess Quinn & Tebow's progress (Quinn mentally, Tebow physically). If you like what you see, let Orton walk, Quinn & Tebow fight it out & 'Stater's the 3rd stringer.

Popps
04-24-2010, 12:20 PM
The only person who should care about Kyle Orton is Popps, since he sold us on his greatness all season.

:rofl:

Wow.

I guess when you can't formulate a football take, and you hate the team... flat out lying is your last refuge.

You're a pathetic ex-fan, Chris. Good luck to your Bears... or Redskins, or whatever it is this week.

HAT
04-24-2010, 12:20 PM
If Orton is smart, he just keeps his eyes focused on 2010 and playing well so he can hit a decent contract as an UFA or in a tag and trade situation.

This.

Orton will have a better year than last statistically IMO.

If he goes say 4200 / 25 / 10....It would put him in the lower half of the top 10 and show he's a viable starter. It would be nice to get something in return.

broncosteven
04-24-2010, 12:24 PM

He was a seat warmer in Chicago before they got their QBOTF and now he is a seat warmer here.

That is fine, TC and PS will be very interesting.

TheReverend
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
This.

Orton will have a better year than last statistically IMO.

If he goes say 4200 / 25 / 10....It would put him in the lower half of the top 10 and show he's a viable starter. It would be nice to get something in return.

Told ya this was his last year. ^5

HAT
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Told ya this was his last year. ^5

I don't think I've ever disagreed with that. IF he takes another step forward, I'd just assume him & Tebow be 1/2 in 2011 but McD clearly likes Quinn & they won't be able to justify paying Orton what he will command.

Hogan11
04-24-2010, 01:29 PM

That's just the greatest gif...

Gort
04-24-2010, 01:45 PM
It's a bad year to be traded, but I almost wonder if Orton's going to demand a trade. It's pretty clear that the Broncos don't have huge plans for him after this year, and it's also very clear from Quinn and Tebow, that they don't feel like he is getting where the Broncos need him to be.

Orton's got a year under his belt with this system. he's been a good soldier. he's the 2010 starter. can't see any way for Tebow to get on the field in 2010. and Quinn was benched in Cleveland, so he's not ready yet. i can see the Broncos keeping 3 QBs. if they get an offer they can't refuse for Quinn, then i think Brandstater sticks around... otherwise, i think Brandstater is a goner.

Orton = starter
Quinn = backup
Tebow = future franchise QB

long beach bronco
04-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Orton bless his heart just isn't mobile enough to get out of trouble once the pocket breaks down, whereas Quinn and especially Tebow thrive at.

ScottXray
04-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I doubt Orton will go Jake on us and throw a hissy fit. We improved our o-line and run game along with the Tebow pick. I expect he will improve the second year in the system and have an outstanding year. If he is traded
after next year it will be because Quinn and Tebow can take over, and I doubt that happens, unless he goes down with another injury this year and they have to play more than expected.

Brandstater is the big loser here. Whatever happens, Orton is going to be our starter and, if he improves, will get a really decent contract the next. I suppose we might franchise him and then trade him for high pick (s) but no matter what we have just improved our QB situation both short and long term. We have KO, TT, BQ, and TB. TB will go to PS unless TT can't hack the NFL transition.

As far as Orton..if we make the playoffs this year, and maybe even win a game , ado you think McD would dump him then? I don't.

El Guapo
04-24-2010, 07:56 PM
That's just the greatest gif...

Right? Im crackin' up over here. Hilarious!