PDA

View Full Version : Late Round Defenders Denver Worked Out

thumpc
04-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Cornerback
Alterraun Verner, UCLA 5'11" 189

Projected Round: Fourth/Fifth

Chance of landing with Broncos: With the way the Broncos value special teams players, Verner's name becomes a serious option in the fourth round. His special teams prowess and superb intelligence make him a very attractive prospect for this new Broncos regime. If he is available in the fourth round, look for the Broncos to call his name depending on the talent available, even though this team is not desperate for another corner.

A.J. Jefferson, Fresno State 6'0" 193

Projected Round: Fifth/Sixth

Chance of landing with Broncos: Jefferson is a guy who has great size and speed, but who is very raw. If he is available in the sixth round, he could be a nice value due to his stock skyrocketing. I have previously suggested Jefferson as an undrafted option, but great measurables have set him up nicely to be selected some time on draft weekend.

C.J. Lovett, Fort Hays State, 5'11" 195

Projected Round: Undrafted

Chance of landing with Broncos: The Broncos brought this kid in for a private visit, and admittedly there is not much info on him out there. He doesn't have great speed, though he does have good size for the cornerback position. He will likely go undrafted unless we pull the trigger in the seventh round, and you could/should/probably will see him signed as an undrafted free agent.

D Line
Al Woods, LSU 6'4" 305

Projected Round: Fifth

Chance of landing with Broncos: Woods has the ideal size you look for in a 3-4 defensive end, but it seems unlikely that the Broncos would reach for him in the fourth round. If they can acquire multiple extra picks, he might be a later round option, but right now, it seems like they are just doing their due diligence by privately working out Woods.

http://www.milehighreport.com/

C.J. Wilson, East Carolina, 6'3", 290

Projected Round: ?
NFL.com overview
Wilson has been a durable active defender for the Pirates over the past two seasons. He has good edge quickness and speed to close to the quarterback as a pass rusher. He is an instinctive player who feels pad pressure well to maintain his gap responsibility. Questions remain about his ability to be an effective coverage defender on zone blitzes or if he can project to outside linebacker due to his lack of great lateral agility and quickness. Wilson should be able to give a team good depth with his natural strength, toughness and intangibles as a 4-3 defensive end.

outdoor_miner
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
What's all the 4th round talk? I thought we didn't have a 4th rounder???

thumpc
04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Thats a predraft projection. Its not made from scratch.

SoCalBronco
04-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Verner's not a bad investment. I've seen him play many times.

outdoor_miner
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Thats a predraft projection. Its not made from scratch.

ah! I thought it was like a compilation put together tonight. Thanks!

thumpc
04-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Woods is strong enough to compete at nose or end.
Verner can play.
That's it, we're getting those two.

UberBroncoMan
04-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Myron Rolle anyone?

orange crusher
04-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Myron Rolle anyone?

Would sure seem to fit as far as smarts and character. I also think he's going to be a damn good safety.

DBroncos4life
04-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Bryan McCann CB 6-0 175 pounds, 4.28 at his SMU pro day. 40.5 inch vertical. 24.2 average on kickoff returns.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CRsE1X_nxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CRsE1X_nxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bronco Yoda
04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Myron Rolle anyone?

Could you possibly get any smarter or better character. We pick him and the NFL is changing our logo to the boyscouts badge :giggle:

cabronco
04-24-2010, 02:04 AM
I like Al Woods from LSU. We could use some DT depth, he could play NT possibly too with his size.

Quoydogs
04-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Mccan would be nice for the speed but 175 pounds? Man that is really small for the NFL. Most of the NFL players piss more then that.

thumpc
04-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Bump.

gunns
04-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Myron Rolle anyone?

I think this kid has the character McD seems to be pursuing and definitely has the smarts (going to be a neurosurgeon). I think he's going to be good. Besides I love me a safety! Cue in Herc!

oubronco
04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Myron Rolle anyone?

I would love to get Rolle in the 5th but don't think he'll be there

misturanderson
04-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Woods is strong enough to compete at nose or end.
Verner can play.
That's it, we're getting those two.

Unfortunately they're both gone now.

gunns
04-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately they're both gone now.

Where did Woods go?

gunns
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Never mind, Saints

jebures
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM