PDA

View Full Version : Tebow draft party looked like a "Nazi rally"

scorpio
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20100424host_hurls_tebow_nazi_remark_critics_slam_ hub_sports_radios_double_standard/

Host hurls Tebow ‘Nazi’ remark
Critics slam Hub sports radio’s double standard

Jessica Heslam By Jessica Heslam
Saturday, April 24, 2010 - Added 2h ago
Boston Herald Media Reporter

A Boston sports-radio host yesterday likened former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow’s NFL draft party to a “Nazi rally,” a remark one media observer called an “amazing double standard.”

Fred “Toucher” Toettcher said yesterday on 98.5 The Sports Hub, “It looked like some kind of Nazi rally. . . . So lily-white is what I’m trying to say. Yeah, Stepford Wives.”

Station spokesman Cha-Chi Loprete said the station “received no inquiries regarding” the morning drive-time show and declined further comment. Efforts to reach Toettcher for comment were unsuccessful.

Dan Gainor, vice president for business and culture for the Media Reseach Center, a Washington, D.C.-based media watchdog group, said it’s “stunning” that Toettcher didn’t lose his job.

“It’s an amazing double standard,” Gainor said. “The left has decided to hate Tim Tebow for nothing more than the fact that he’s a good guy who tries to live an ethical and religious life.”

Conservatives have been repeatedly accused of racism for opposing President Obama’s initiatives, while conservative talk show hosts often face demands that they apologize or be fired for tasteless remarks.

In 2007, shock jock Don Imus was fired by CBS Radio - which owns WBZ-FM - after making racial slurs about black players on a women’s college basketball team.

Boston University political expert Thomas Whalen said these kinds of comments are “almost inevitable.”

“Civil discourse in this country now is at such a new low that it doesn’t matter if you’re on the left or the right,” Whalen said.

Tebow, who played for the University of Florida Gators and was drafted Thursday by the Denver Broncos, has been mocked for his strong Christian faith and for appearing with his mother in a controversial pro-life Super Bowl ad. In March, Tebow dined in the North End with Patriots [team stats] coach Bill Belichick, setting off a firestorm of speculation the Patriots might draft him.

Bruce Schulman, a Boston University political history professor, called Toettcher’s remarks “tasteless and inappropriate.”

“In Massachusetts, there’s a certain subset of the sports fans that are culturally uncomfortable with the Evangelical Christian subculture of football in the South and the Southwest,” Schulman said.

OABB
04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Broncofan7 is a writer?

Clockwork Orange
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
A Boston sports radio host is yapping about a gathering being too white? Has he ever looked in the stands at Fenway Park?

strafen
Tebow can't win...
That's there is to it.
The guy will have to prove those idiots wrong on the field, even then, they would still find something to bitch about.

The guy is a superstar. The Denver Broncos stole the spotlight of the draft.
People hated it that Tebow was picked in the first round. They all had that look of a kid who's got his toys stolen on Christmas day
The experts are pissed nobody listened to their ironclad proof that Tebow is not an NFL QB.
I love it!

Tombstone RJ
you stay classy boston...

snowspot66
A white guy has a lot of white relatives. Shocking.

As a descendant of Norwegian immigrants I guess that makes me a super racist? We're all whiter than Tebow and his family.

What an idiot.

WABronco
04-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Oh my god, a small gathering of white folk. FKIN NEO NAZIS

yerner
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
I imagine he was just trying to be funny. He wasn't. But a bad joke isn't a crisis.

Broncosfreak_56
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
A white guy has a lot of white relatives. Shocking.

As a descendant of Norwegian immigrants I guess that makes me a super racist? We're all whiter than Tebow and his family.

What an idiot.

I'm Norwegian too and I know exactly how you feel, lol. I always make the joke, I don't tan, I burned. Then get white again.

OABB
I think I saw Eddie mccafrey at his house too.

GoHAM
Oh, and all the black draft picks had a very creamy complexion to their draft parties.

For the most part the only white guy at the black players parties (if there even was a white guy) was the player's agent.

Call me racist.

HAT
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I think I saw Eddie mccafrey at his house too.

Liar....It was Hillis.

DomCasual
04-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, Tebow's biological family does seem to be composed of a lot of white people. It could mean something. It might just be anecdotal.

OABB
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Oh, and all the black draft picks had a very creamy complexion to their draft parties.

For the most part the only white guy at the black players parties (if there even was a white guy) was the player's agent.

Call me racist.

I have no problem with this. Except that the agents were all Jews which you missed, but otherwise solid post.

TDmvp
04-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Jeez that's insane ... I'm not big on the pick ... But the kid is a good guy and go figure there would be white people at a white kids house ... shocking..

Broncosfreak_56
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Besides, if anything it was the Patriots Gronkowski that looked like a nazi rally. :P

Caligula
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Tebow can't win...
That's there is to it.
The guy will have to prove those idiots wrong on the field, even then, they would still find something to b**** about.

The guy is a superstar. The Denver Broncos stole the spotlight of the draft.
People hated it that Tebow was picked in the first round. They all had that look of a kid who's got his toys stolen on Christmas day
The experts are pissed nobody listened to their ironclad proof that Tebow is not an NFL QB.
I love it!

as of right now... they are just as much right as you feel they are wrong. Tebow hasn't proved a thing as to being an NFL QB.

DomCasual
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
When you think about it, why do you think he insists on wearing #15? What's the number 5, if it's not half of a swastika?

spdirty
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Besides, if anything it was the Patriots Gronkowski that looked like a nazi rally. :P

Exactly. And the way he talks...totally the same exact way nazis talk.

scorpio
04-23-2010, 11:48 PM
When you think about it, why do you think he insists on wearing #15? What's the number 5, if it's not half of a swastika?

http://washingtonbus.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mindblown.jpg

Spider
04-23-2010, 11:50 PM
dayum ........ Tebow is a nazi now ? ........cut the kid some slack , just cause he didnt have ghetto gansta types around him doesnt make him a nazi or a kkk member.........bat shiat crazy

OABB
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Tebow loves all of his creations equally.

Kaylore
04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
People would be shocked to find themselves at a nazi rally every Christmas and Thanksgiving. BTW, did you see Dez Bryant's black panther rally?

DarkHorse30
04-24-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm Norwegian too and I know exactly how you feel, lol. I always make the joke, I don't tan, I burned. Then get white again.

word.

KipCorrington25
04-24-2010, 12:08 AM
The only whites I saw at the black players' draft parties were their girlfriends.

Oh snap, I'm a racist, but check the tapes I'm right.

Boston is historically the most racist and least tolerant city in the country, funny how that works.

Makes me like Tebow more.

BroncoLifer
04-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Was it Nazi or KKK? Hard to tell.

They're tricky that way.

BroncoLifer
04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Except that the agents were all Jews.......

That must have made Tebow's agent really uncomfortable, being a Jew at a Nazi rally and all.

atomicbloke
04-24-2010, 12:14 AM
What a douchebag?

Can we keep sports and politics separate please?

Sports unites us and politics divides us. Bad idea to merge the two.

scorpio
04-24-2010, 12:14 AM
http://imgur.com/ZESUf.jpg

Irish Stout
04-24-2010, 12:16 AM
http://imgur.com/ZESUf.jpg

Please explain what I am looking at? All white people look alike to me... and they are all secret neo-nazis, I'm sure of it. Can't trust the white man!

Bronkota
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I really hate where denver picked " the player " and can see where he is gonna rub people the wrong way but I will root for him because of all the haters. He is on watch on espn, nfl network and every hack with an opinion until he can prove them wrong.

fdf
04-24-2010, 12:45 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20100424host_hurls_tebow_nazi_remark_critics_slam_ hub_sports_radios_double_standard/

I can understand why people have trouble with young white folks who aren't wearing little skull beanies and che t-shirts or silly little white-guy dreads in a way cool dreadlock-holder hat. At a minimum, if they're white, they should have the common decency to act self-conscious about it and be really concerned about global warming and polar bears. Anything else is scary Nazi stuff.

broncocalijohn
04-24-2010, 02:28 AM
dont forget about unicorns. They are almost extinct.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-24-2010, 04:08 AM
http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/07/tebow1.jpg

White supremacist neo nazi republican Tim Tebow would like to appologize for ruining your black pantha partay.