PDA

View Full Version : Tebow and analysis of the Broncos draft...

Sassy
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
...coming up on NFLN. :thumbs:

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Jumped on it!

Loving Tebow in this interview too!

listopencil
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM
CBS gave us an "F" for Tebow and a B for every other pick.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
"I'm going to do whatever they want me to do, I'm going to do it with all of my hearth, and I am going to do it to the best of my ability."

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT LIKE THIS GUY?

listopencil
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM

It's hard to believe he's for real.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
"I'm going to do whatever they want me to do, I'm going to do it with all of my hearth, and I am going to do it to the best of my ability."

:thumbs:

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Jamie Dukes said we did a good job! Oh my Tebow!

extralife

Every player says these things.

Archer81
Dukes actually said we have "some good players" on our draft list...all 5 Jamie, all 5.

:Broncos:

KevinJames
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
NFL network needs to get rid of everyone thats on that show right now........wow that was very very bad .

Jamie Dukes needs to just shut the hell up

Sassy
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Tebow talked about being the first one there and the last one to leave. Rod Smith-like!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Cliffs?

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM

The difference is that Tebow means it.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Cliffs?

Tebow was asked about if he knew denver would take him, why he thinks people have an issue with him, ect.

His answers were he and his agent had a good idea it was denver. he had a good connection with them when he came out here twice. he also said he felt it could have been a combo of things as to why people have a problem with him.

After they signed off with him, they said is it worth taking a "redshirt" qb in the first round. dukes stammered some BS but said denver did pick up some good players.

barryr
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm ok with the draft. Obviously McDaniels thinks he can make Tebow a great QB. No one will outwork Tebow that's for sure. I'm hoping we'll see Tebow play some next year, in a wildcat or whatever you want to call it.

Borks147
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Tebow talked about being the first one there and the last one to leave. Rod Smith-like!

Rod was a near hall of famer with not so great athleticism but ridiculous work ethic - but Tebow actually has athleticism, imagine how great he can become

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Ok, so Marshall's contract has a clause for him to make money doing ST's... Wanna put money on how many snaps he plays on ST this year?

listopencil
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok, so Marshall's contract has a clause for him to make money doing ST's... Wanna put money on how many snaps he plays on ST this year?

Maybe as fans the recent douchebaggery we've had on the team (Cutler/Marshall/Sheffler) has left us a little snake bitten in the evaluating character department.

Everything I've seen about this kid says he's an outstanding human being. He has honestly impressed me as a person, well before we drafted him. It's just pretty heard to believe that he's going to live what he's saying right now. Not many people can walk the walk the way he is talking the talk. We'll see.

Mediator12
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
I am going to say this, NFL QB is the most impossible position to evaluate. Period. Any idiot who actually says he knows how ANY college QB's career will translate to the pros is lying. People said Drew Brees was too short. Phillip Rivers had worse mechanics than Tebow coming out. There is a whole bunch of personnel people who have lost their jobs by taking the wrong QB or not taking the right one.

Every other pick was a solid player. QB, no matter who it is, is a crapshoot. Bradford could be the next Tim Couch. Teams let Clausen and McCoy fall because of the ramifications of them not living up to expectations.

I have zero expectations coming into drafts anymore. It is just to crazy and variable. I do have players I like and I like all of these players. I like Tebow, just scared to death of expecting anything out of him or any other QB. Thomas, Beadles, Walton and Decker are all the kind of players who make a difference on the field. Tebow could also make the Red Zone offense downright scary RIGHT AWAY.

Personally, who else impacts better for this team right away. I am not a fan of either Pouncey or Iupati so the 2 Interior OL are great value picks to me. I already said I liked Thomas and Decker as 2 of my top 3 WR's. And tebow actually will bring some first year value in sub packages like third and short and red Zone.

That is how I see this draft right now. I like the players and I like exactly what they can do for this team right away. They make it much more versatile than last years group.

bap454
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm ok with the draft. Obviously McDaniels thinks he can make Tebow a great QB. No one will outwork Tebow that's for sure. I'm hoping we'll see Tebow play some next year, in a wildcat or whatever you want to call it.

Its officially called SALVATION HORSES from here on out!:notworthy

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
The funny thing is, except for the Tebow pick, I absolutely love this draft. So, in the final analysis, it doesnt' even matter to me if Tebow makes it or not. If he does, fantastic. It's a bonus. If he doesn't, meh. DT, Beadles, Walton and Decker? I love it. If Tebow does nothing else, he'll put butts in the seats. It's a win/win for me.

barryr
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I am going to say this, NFL QB is the most impossible position to evaluate. Period. Any idiot who actually says he knows how ANY college QB's career will translate to the pros is lying. People said Drew Brees was too short. Phillip Rivers had worse mechanics than Tebow coming out. There is a whole bunch of personnel people who have lost their jobs by taking the wrong QB or not taking the right one.

Every other pick was a solid player. QB, no matter who it is, is a crapshoot. Bradford could be the next Tim Couch. Teams let Clausen and McCoy fall because of the ramifications of them not living up to expectations.

I have zero expectations coming into drafts anymore. It is just to crazy and variable. I do have players I like and I like all of these players. I like Tebow, just scared to death of expecting anything out of him or any other QB. Thomas, Beadles, Walton and Decker are all the kind of players who make a difference on the field. Tebow could also make the Red Zone offense downright scary RIGHT AWAY.

Personally, who else impacts better for this team right away. I am not a fan of either Pouncey or Iupati so the 2 Interior OL are great value picks to me. I already said I liked Thomas and Decker as 2 of my top 3 WR's. And tebow actually will bring some first year value in sub packages like third and short and red Zone.

That is how I see this draft right now. I like the players and I like exactly what they can do for this team right away. They make it much more versatile than last years group.

Very true and I won't even mind if Tebow doesn't make it as a QB since he runs so well with the ball, I have little doubt they will find ways to get him on the field and the ball in his hands to run with it at least.

bap454
04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
The funny thing is, except for the Tebow pick, I absolutely love this draft. So, in the final analysis, it doesnt' even matter to me if Tebow makes it or not. If he does, fantastic. It's a bonus. If he doesn't, meh. DT, Beadles, Walton and Decker? I love it. If Tebow does nothing else, he'll put butts in the seats. It's a win/win for me.

I have to agree with you on Tebow. While Im "OK" with the pick, I think at min. he brings alot of exposure to the Broncos in Magazine covers, commercials, jersey sales,adds etc.....

Archer81
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
I have to agree with you on Tebow. While Im "OK" with the pick, I think at min. he brings alot of exposure to the Broncos in Magazine covers, commercials, jersey sales,adds etc.....

And if he becomes a Steve Young-esque player...all of those magazine covers, jersey sales, commercials will double.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Absolutely this... if nothing else, he completely changes the game in goal-to-go situations. I was not a fan of the pick yesterday... but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me. We have been terrible in the red zone... downright awful inside the 10. Tebow is a threat to run, pass, catch, and decoy. He'll make an immediate impact here.

Mediator12
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Absolutely this... if nothing else, he completely changes the game in goal-to-go situations. I was not a fan of the pick yesterday... but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me. We have been terrible in the red zone... downright awful inside the 10. Tebow is a threat to run, pass, catch, and decoy. He'll make an immediate impact here.

Not only that, but in third and fourth and short as well. The kid can run the spread option, QB sneak, bootleg, and all kinds of other non-conventional short yadage packages along with just the standard short yardage stuff as well.

Then, factor in icing the game late in the fourth Quarter. The kid is a matchup nightmare for teams that would stack the box late in games. He has a lot more value than people are giving him credit. Think Percy harvin, while also having a potential Starting QB....

It is sad when people fail to see the whole picture in a players real value. Tebow brings a lot more to the table than JUST another NFL QB hopeful.

barryr
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Not only that, but in third and fourth and short as well. The kid can run the spread option, QB sneak, bootleg, and all kinds of other non-conventional short yadage packages along with just the standard short yardage stuff as well.

Then, factor in icing the game late in the fourth Quarter. The kid is a matchup nightmare for teams that would stack the box late in games. He has a lot more value than people are giving him credit. Think Percy harvin, while also having a potential Starting QB....

It is sad when people fail to see the whole picture in a players real value. [/B[B]]Tebow brings a lot more to the table than JUST another NFL QB hopeful.

It requires thinking outside the box, which apparently McDaniels is willing to do. Those that don't like McDaniels will probably not like Tebow no matter what.

ScottXray
04-23-2010, 10:30 PM
I have to admit that Yesterdays picks had me worried , but McD
absolutely killed it today. Hopefully, we now have upgraded our O-line for the next 8-10 years, which also upgrades our run game, upgraded our receiver set (will still miss BM some, but we have got 2 young potential threats and solidified that aspect if at least 1 of them work out). And Tebow does have the potential to be our long term answer at QB, if McD can work some magic.

We still have our 5th and 6th picks, for ILB, NT. We have to get some youth for the defense. Expect a CB and NT or ILB next. Maybe TE if theres anything good left, but UDFAs can maybe help there and a few other spots.

Seems McD is sticking to his "plan". Looks like hes targeting us to really get competitive next year.

snowspot66
04-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Except we know he really means it.

Broncos24
04-23-2010, 10:48 PM
and Foneco is available..if we get hin it's awesome..

uplink
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
QB is by far the most important position in the NFL, why not take a shot on a top 5 guy in the draft? Nothing ventured nothing gained.

extralife
04-23-2010, 10:57 PM

Every post you make is stupider than the last.

OCBronco
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM

My thoughts exactly. And now you have the possibility of Moreno, Thomas and Tebow on the field at the same time inside the five yard line. Who do you focus on?

baja
04-24-2010, 12:15 AM

It is sad when people fail to see the whole picture in a players real value. [/B[B]]Tebow brings a lot more to the table than JUST another NFL QB hopeful.

<b>It requires thinking outside the box, which apparently McDaniels is willing to do. Those that don't like McDaniels will probably not like Tebow no matter what.

Wow Barry a first, I agree 100% with this take. McD does not get credit for thinking outside the box. He is way ahead of the copy cat league and he/ they played the draft like a fine violin.

Soon every organization will be asking themselves, " What would Josh do in this case?"

Draft is A++

mhgaffney
04-24-2010, 03:13 AM
We could look back -- in a few years -- and marvel at how cheap we got Tebow --

elsid13
04-24-2010, 05:19 AM
We could look back -- in a few years -- and marvel at how cheap we got Tebow --

Or look back and think man would could use to those other picks to remake the offense.

eddie mac
04-24-2010, 05:20 AM
I love every single pick.

Do I think we could've got Tebow and Walton later and saved some of todays picks???

Yes but McDaniels knew who he wanted, especially the first 3 guys selected and he did an excellent job getting them.

He knows far better than I ever will what will make this team better and if a player was worth taking where he ended up being selected.

Great job Josh/Brian

elsid13
04-24-2010, 05:22 AM

It is sad when people fail to see the whole picture in a players real value. Tebow brings a lot more to the table than JUST another NFL QB hopeful.

I understand what you are saying, but at the end of the days IF he going to be a QB, he needs to make plays from the pocket. And the question remains is his footwork good enough to make that happen.

I hoping that we didn't spend all those picks on Kordell Stewart and actually got a true QB.

elsid13
04-24-2010, 05:24 AM
I love every single pick.

Do I think we could've got Tebow and Walton later and saved some of todays picks???

Yes but McDaniels knew who he wanted, especially the first 3 guys selected and he did an excellent job getting them.

He knows far better than I ever will what will make this team better and if a player was worth taking where he ended up being selected.

Great job Josh/Brian

We need remember that Xanders is also part of the equation. I still think that they are little to aggressive at times in the draft and need more patience.

eddie mac
04-24-2010, 05:24 AM
I understand what you are saying, but at the end of the days IF he going to be a QB, he needs to make plays from the pocket. And the question remains is his footwork good enough to make that happen.

I hoping that we didn't spend all those picks on Kordell Stewart and actually got a true QB.

Didn't Kordell Stewart beat us many moons ago.LOL

elsid13
04-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Didn't Kordell Stewart beat us many moons ago.LOL

I am looking for that famous Romaonoski photo of him slapping his head in front of Stewart during the AFC championship game. But Tebow reminds me a lot of Stewart and the things Kordell was able to do for the Steelers. Hopefully Tebow will make more plays from the pocket.

I didn't like Tebow coming in to this draft as QB, I not going to change my opinion until he proves that he can actually play in the NFL.

Drek
04-24-2010, 06:43 AM

Kordell Stewart did more to help his NFL team win than most 1st round picks ever do.

If he's Kordell Stewart he's far from a bust, especially if he's used in a situational role and not asked to carry the full load like Stewart often was.

This is McDaniels' big test here though. He believes he can fix throwing mechanics, footwork, etc. of any player and that all he really needs is the right mental makeup and raw physical talent. Well Tebow has both of those in spades. This is where McDaniels either sinks or swims as an NFL head coach. If he's right and he can smooth out the rough edges to Tebow's mechanics he'll look like a young genius who has the NFL by the balls. If not then he likely won't be getting a second chance to be a head coach ever again.

elsid13
04-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Kordell Stewart did more to help his NFL team win than most 1st round picks ever do.

If he's Kordell Stewart he's far from a bust, especially if he's used in a situational role and not asked to carry the full load like Stewart often was.

This is McDaniels' big test here though. He believes he can fix throwing mechanics, footwork, etc. of any player and that all he really needs is the right mental makeup and raw physical talent. Well Tebow has both of those in spades. This is where McDaniels either sinks or swims as an NFL head coach. If he's right and he can smooth out the rough edges to Tebow's mechanics he'll look like a young genius who has the NFL by the balls. If not then he likely won't be getting a second chance to be a head coach ever again.

When Stewart was in his "Slash" mode, he was very effective. But when he went to full time QB, he didn't really set the world on fire. This pick will define McDaniels time in Denver, hopefully he right but the jury out.

rastaman
04-24-2010, 07:19 AM

McD will continue to get other HCing opportunities....he's only in his 30's. Denver is only his first opportunity and won't be his last.

Right now he's learning how to be a HC and will only learn from his mistakes while in Denver. By his 2nd or 3rd HCing job McD should know whether he can make it as an NFL HC. Either as a HC or some teams Offensive Coordinator, JOSH has a job for life in the NFL or at the collegiate level.

MVPlaya
04-24-2010, 07:21 AM
McD will continue to get other HCing opportunities....he's only in his 30's. Denver is only his first opportunity and won't be his last.

Right now he's learning how to be a HC and will only learn from his mistakes while in Denver. By his 2nd or 3rd HCing job McD should know whether he can make it as an NFL HC. Either as a HC or some teams Offensive Coordinator, JOSH has a job for life in the NFL or at the collegiate level.

:rofl: armchair ms. cleo's

rastaman
04-24-2010, 07:35 AM

Agreed. The Steelers were never going to any SB's let alone win any with Kordel as their pocket passing QB. Whereas Big Ben being a pocket QB his helped the Steeler's win two SB's.

I believe McD will use Tebow as a Slash-type Kordell Stewart just to get him on the field in 2010. But Tebow is not a long-term solution as a pocket passing NFL QB. Hopefully Tebow and McD realizes this reality and after 3 years of playing Slash-Jack-of-All trades Kordell Stewart, Tebow will settle down and become a slot-hybrid WR-TE.

rastaman
04-24-2010, 07:37 AM
:rofl: armchair ms. cleo's

:rofl: McD Homer has spoken. Who knows Josh McGruden may find a seat next to his mentor John Gruden as a color analyst.

Cito Pelon
04-24-2010, 08:18 AM

Could be a Kordell Stewart, could be a Roger Staubach.

Cito Pelon
04-24-2010, 08:29 AM

I keep hearing that, and I think it's a little extreme. I don't see this as a sink or swim pick. It's the rest of the picks and what the results will be that count. Even if Tebow can't crack the starting lineup but Denver wins some playoff games, Div Titles, AFC Titles, then McD will be ok.

Teams don't necessarily need a super-duper QB to win, and conversely plenty of teams with super-duper QB's don't win.

WolfpackGuy
04-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Other than picking Tebow at 25, I am very pleased with the draft so far.

Drek
04-24-2010, 08:44 AM
I keep hearing that, and I think it's a little extreme. I don't see this as a sink or swim pick. It's the rest of the picks and what the results will be that count. Even if Tebow can't crack the starting lineup but Denver wins some playoff games, Div Titles, AFC Titles, then McD will be ok.

Teams don't necessarily need a super-duper QB to win, and conversely plenty of teams with super-duper QB's don't win.

I've been pretty vocal of my support of Orton on here before, and as a big ND homer I have a lot of hope for Quinn.

But I've also said that I don't think Orton is ever going to be a top 5 QB in the NFL (likely a 5-10 guy at best) and that isn't going to get it done short of us having a miracle D and/or running game. Quinn is similar in that even coming out of ND I didn't think he'd ever be an elite QB, just a very good one.

This is McDaniels saying "I want an elite franchise QB" and then immediately following up with saying "and that guy is going to be Tim Tebow". We'll see how it works out. He might coach here 6 years with moderate success but if Tebow doesn't pan out he either needs to find a franchise QB out of thin air or find a new job.

You don't stay a head coach of a team for 10+ years without winning a title or coming very close year after year. Top 5 QBs are a big part of accomplishing one of those two goals.

I'm not saying Tebow needs to be a star by the end of 2011. Just that Josh will not be here for an extended period of time if Tebow doesn't pan out, short of a miracle where he finds a franchise QB from nowhere.

gunns
04-24-2010, 09:14 AM
I was a basket case Friday. I did not think we picked for BPA with either pick and if picking for need did not get the value with the picks. I absolutely LOVE the 2nd day. I think we got a better WR the second day than the first. And it isn't that I think Thomas isn't good it's a matter of what happened IMO, you can always get a very good WR in the later rounds. It was just a matter of the positions we picked in the 1st round. I didn't believe there was a QB in this draft worth a first round pick. The Ram fans I know are livid with the "need" pick instead of BPA option. But the 2nd day ROCKED!