04-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice pick by the broncos,

check him out

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2180

Chris
04-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey, we're lazy

Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota

Eric Decker is one of the most NFL ready receivers in this draft class. He's not as flashy as some of the other prospects, but he is already very polished. Decker has been a contributor since his freshman year for the Golden Gophers. In 46 career games, Decker has caught 227 passes for 3119 yards and 24 touchdowns. To go along with his obvious contributions to the passing game, Decker finds a way to make his mark in all phases of the offense. He has rushed the ball 15 times in his career for 114 yards and a touchdown. His skill as a baseball player has also allowed him to complete three of four career passing attempts for 49 yards and two touchdowns. If all that wasn't enough, Decker is also one of the better run blocking receivers in all of college football. He runs very crisp routes and while he's not a burner, he does have very good speed for his size. He has a chance to be a very good possession receiver in the pros (perhaps a more athletic Brian Finneran or Joe Jurevicius). Decker missed 4 games with a foot injury to end the season. If he is healthy and has good workouts in the offseason, he could be drafted in the second round.

ludo21
04-23-2010, 07:49 PM
I LOVE this pick!! By far my favorite WR in the draft. Maybe not the best but my favorite nonetheless.

the guy catches in traffic and is a tough SOB. Perfect to take the slot role in our offense and definitely has the ability to make plays.

We could have went D, but I like this pick too much to harp on that.

listopencil
04-23-2010, 07:50 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/584290?tag=DraftTrackerTableData;DraftTrackerTable 87

Analysis

Release: Very good quickness off the line even with his height and strong build. Gets to top speed fast but doesn't have a breakaway gear. Beats the jam using his hands and a sidestep. Recognizes holes in the defense, and looks for the ball immediately.

Hands: Excellent hands, extending them outside his body. Looks the ball in and doesn't let go under pressure. Good concentration in traffic; has the size and vertical to win jump balls. Brings in poorly thrown passes anywhere in his vicinity. Tracks the ball over both shoulders.

Route running: Lines up in the slot and on the sideline; runs all of the routes on the tree. Creates separation with his hands and speed down the sideline, providing nice target. Aware of the first down marker. Understands the offense very well. Works to get free if quarterback is in trouble. Inconsistent planting and driving on out routes.

After the catch: Has enough elusiveness and agility to be used on slip screens at 6-3, 215 pounds. Can stop quickly to let oncoming defenders fly by. Tightropes the sideline on deep patterns. Runs through arm tackles, but doesn't give out hits to smaller defensive backs to get additional yardage.
Blocking: Improved his blocking during his senior year, using his size to negate smaller cornerbacks on the edge. Instead of trying to cut his man or allowing corners to disengage early, as he did in previous seasons, Decker sought out contact and looked willing to sustain so running backs have room to roam when bouncing outside.

Intangibles: Natural athlete with good work habits. Played through high ankle sprain as much as possible last fall, and worked hard to return from knee surgery for bowl game following his junior season. Respected in the locker room.

NFL Comparison: Jordy Nelson, Packers

Injury Report

2008: Left the Michigan game (11/08) early in the contest with a high ankle sprain, missing the next contest vs. Wisconsin (11/15) Underwent arthroscopic left knee surgery after the regular season, but was back on the field for the Insight Bowl vs. Kansas (12/31).

2009: Suffered a cut under his chin that required seven stitches after catching his second pass of the California game (9/19) for a touchdown, but returned to finish the day with 119 yards and two scores on eight receptions

Suffered a left foot injury in the first quarter vs. Ohio State (10/24) that would lead to his career at Minnesota coming to an end. Decker's injury is a Lisfranc sprain, which occurs when there's a fracture and dislocation between the forefoot and mid-foot joints. He was operated on by Dr. Robert Anderson, a highly regarded orthopedic surgeon in Charlotte, N.C., on November 3rd. Anderson has worked with many NFL players. The prognosis is a six-to-eight month rehabilitation period.

listopencil
04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't know- is he a white guy so we can compare him to Ed?

Man-Goblin
04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Sans Tebow, every one of their picks has a great ability to run block.

bronco militia
04-23-2010, 07:52 PM
they run shanny's offense in minihaha (tim Brewster)

jmz313
04-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Tebow can prob run block better then Orton, Quinn, or Brandstater. LOL

listopencil
04-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Sans Tebow, every one of their picks has a great ability to run block.

Which is great because our run blocking sucked huge amounts of ass last year.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Any video?

watermock
04-23-2010, 08:01 PM
That's 2 WR's with broken feet and and 10 of 13 on offense drafted.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-23-2010, 08:05 PM
You guys are really slacking...

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mccaffrey_ed_051207.jpg

Popps
04-23-2010, 08:05 PM
This guy has been a forum favorite. A lot of people were high on him.

Sounds like McD wants this offense to get bigger, and more physical. Great stuff.

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM

You wouldn't be happy with any pick. Its endearing.

Popps
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
CBS scouting report says he has "velcro-like hands."

Sounds like he catches everything in sight.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:07 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Oh mock, **** off.

Lev Vyvanse
I watched this game live. He had two TDs AFTER this hit. I've wanted him to be a Bronco ever since.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtTh_FNIkP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtTh_FNIkP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RunSilentRunDeep
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx9WWaKQk5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx9WWaKQk5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Intangibles = 1

Excellent work ethic and respected team leader. Puts team first and willing to play with pain. Two-time academic All-Big Ten selection and recorded highest Wonderlic Score (43) at the Combine. A dual sport athlete that played baseball at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:state w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:state></st1:place>.
<o:p> </o:p>
Competitiveness/Toughness = 1<o:p></o:p>
Attacks the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him. Fearless going across the middle and can hang onto the ball after taking a big hit. Does an excellent job of working his way back to the QB after initial play breaks down. Doesn't always sustain long enough but works hard to cover up defenders in the run game. Big receiver with a strong upper body (19 reps). Flashes a mean streak.

Bronco Boy
they run shanny's offense in minihaha (tim Brewster)

Mmm, not really.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9WWaKQk5s

Watch at 6:12. Two guys looking to take his head off and he never stops tracking the ball at all. Kid is fearless.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqF5cHt9B2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqF5cHt9B2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Requiem
04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Of course he catches everything in sight, he plays ****ing baseball you goons.

KevinJames
04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
this guy is a flat out steal McD killed it in the draft excellent 2nd round how are people bitching?

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 08:10 PM

Sounds like McD wants this offense to get bigger, and more physical. Great stuff.

Yup, two big bodied WRs who come in knowing how to block, and two bigger bodied interior OL.

Polster60
04-23-2010, 08:11 PM
don't know how to embed. But this link is for a youtube highlight video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9WWaKQk5s

Requiem
04-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Cause most people here are dumb fags.

Drek
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I LOVE this pick!! By far my favorite WR in the draft. Maybe not the best but my favorite nonetheless.

the guy catches in traffic and is a tough SOB. Perfect to take the slot role in our offense and definitely has the ability to make plays.

I think Royal will be in the slot, Thomas in the deep threat role, and Decker is going to be Gaffney's understudy for a year before taking his job as the intermediate route chain mover like Marshall was last year.

maher_tyler
CBS scouting report says he has "velcro-like hands."

Sounds like he catches everything in sight.

That's great news if Orton ends up being the starter...

Polster60
Nevermind. Video already posted

watermock
I actually first pick I've liked.

Too bad he may have a chronic injury.

watermock
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Yup, two big bodied WRs who come in knowing how to block, and two bigger bodied interior OL.

Actually, Thomas is a poor blocker.

Williams
04-23-2010, 08:14 PM

Most definitely.

Thomas: 6'3 224

Tebow: 6'3" 236

Beadles: 6'4" 310

Walton: 6'3" 300

Decker: 6'3" 217

Lev Vyvanse
04-23-2010, 08:15 PM
:rofl:

orange crusher
Tebow will wear #15. Will Decker wear #7? I kid, I kid.

Polster60
God this draft is great!!! We are not finished, but now that the FO's plans are coming to fruition; WOW. Great additions today. Makes yesterdays first round makes since now.

Dedhed

Actually, you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't plat WR a GT and not block.

listopencil
04-23-2010, 08:16 PM
You guys are really slacking...

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mccaffrey_ed_051207.jpg

I'm still waiting on the answer...

I don't know- is he a white guy so we can compare him to Ed?

FireFly

This is almost EXACTLY how I feel about it!!!

Dagmar
I actually first pick I've liked.

Too bad he may have a chronic injury.

Too bad you have a chronic brain injury.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Damn good pick. Love this kid.

Bronco Boy
04-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Ouch, wicked burn.

Dr. Broncenstein

He certainly isn't Samoan.

ludo21
Decker should take 87, it is only natural for a whitey to have that jersey. ;D

listopencil
04-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota

Eric Decker is one of the most NFL ready receivers in this draft class. He's not as flashy as some of the other prospects, but he is already very polished. Decker has been a contributor since his freshman year for the Golden Gophers. In 46 career games, Decker has caught 227 passes for 3119 yards and 24 touchdowns. To go along with his obvious contributions to the passing game, Decker finds a way to make his mark in all phases of the offense. He has rushed the ball 15 times in his career for 114 yards and a touchdown. His skill as a baseball player has also allowed him to complete three of four career passing attempts for 49 yards and two touchdowns. If all that wasn't enough, Decker is also one of the better run blocking receivers in all of college football. He runs very crisp routes and while he's not a burner, he does have very good speed for his size. He has a chance to be a very good possession receiver in the pros (perhaps a more athletic Brian Finneran or Joe Jurevicius). Decker missed 4 games with a foot injury to end the season. If he is healthy and has good workouts in the offseason, he could be drafted in the second round.

Puff puff pass, man.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Our draft is ****ing awesome

strafen
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
3 rounds and still no defensive players!!!

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Thomas is a poor blocker? Bull****. GT runs an option offense. They have to block

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey look, the spamming homophobic **** is back. Yay.

DBroncos4life
04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
3 rounds and still no defensive players!!!

If you would have spent a little less time b****ing about everything, the FA period wouldn't have passed you by.

SoDak Bronco
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Natl Football Post which is one of my favorite places to get info has Decker as the #4 ranked WR ahead of Golden Tate and our 1st rounder BayBay Thomas

Drek
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Puff puff pass, man.

Mock isn't saying Decker is a bad blocker.

He's saying our first round pick, 6'3", 230 pound Demaryius Thomas, is a bad blocker.

You know, the guy who played his entire collegiate career in a triple option offense. That offensive system where the #1 WR is often asked to be the lead blocker on QB option runs. They happened to be a nationally ranked team running that offense too.

But Thomas can't block. GT just got lucky that no defense ever thought to expose Thomas' poor blocking on the dozen or so plays a game in which he was asked to do so as the key block to setup an outside run.

Bronco Boy
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
So we got two WR's with excellent hands. I see what McD was thinking and I like it.

listopencil
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Mock isn't saying Decker is a bad blocker.

He's saying our first round pick, 6'3", 230 pound Demaryius Thomas, is a bad blocker.

You know, the guy who played his entire collegiate career in a triple option offense. That offensive system where the #1 WR is often asked to be the lead blocker on QB option runs. They happened to be a nationally ranked team running that offense too.

But Thomas can't block. GT just got lucky that no defense ever thought to expose Thomas' poor blocking on the dozen or so plays a game in which he was asked to do so as the key block to setup an outside run.

Oh, my bad, I was digging through the internet and had Decker on the brain. That's even worse. I remember Thomas' interview from the draft when he was asked to compare himself to Marshall. He said something like "I have character and I block."

Merlin
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm not as high on the draft as some here (Beadles might be good but was a reach because he could be had in the third, and Tebow), but I do like the 2 WR picks. He has certainly re-created this offense...hopefully the cr4p plays he put out last yr are gone and we can see a decent offense out there.

chex
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Redshirt freshman: Decker played in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman with the Gophers in 2006, finishing his rookie season with 26 receptions, 378 yards, a 14.5 avg and 3 touchdowns. His first career reception was a 39 yarder for a touchdown against Kent State; he had 66 yards and a touchdown on four catches at Penn State, and he tallied five receptions for 65 yards and a score in the Indiana game.

Sophomore: Decker started all 12 games in 2007 and set a school record with 67 receptions. he averaged 13.6 yards per catch, finishing with 909 yards and 9 td's. He posted 129 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches against Miami (OH); he had 12 catches for 165 yards and two scores at Florida Atlantic, and he finished the year with 6 receptions for 125 yards against Wisconsin.

Junior: Decker was a unanimous pick for the All-Big Ten First Team in 2008 after breaking his own school record and hauling in 84 passes for 1,074 yards (12.7 ypc) and seven touchhdowns in just 12 games (missed Wisc with a sprained ankle). He had four 100 yard games as a junior: against Montana State (9-157 td). vs Florida Atlantic (7-122 td), against Indiana (13-190) and in the Insight Bowl vs Kansas (8-149 td).

Senior: This past season, Decker repeated as a first team All-Big Ten selection despite playing in just 8 games for Minnesota. He still managed to lead the team with 50 receptions, gaining 758 yards - a 15.2 avg - and scoring 5 times. He had 183 yards on nine receptions in the season opener at Syracuse; he posted 10 catches for 113 yards against Air Force; he had 119 yards and two scores on nine receptions in the Cal game, and he hauled in eight balls for 140 yards and a touchdown against Wisconsin. His season was cut short when he suffered a foot injury against Ohio State in late October.

Analysis: Until he got hurt, Decker had put up an outstanding body of work. He is a good all-around athlete (outfielder in baseball, drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins), with a solid frame and excellent hand/eye coordination. He has a knack for making the difficult catch look routine, and with his 6'3" 215 pound frame, he can come down with the ball, take a solid hit, and hold onto the football. Decker is also a good route runner, making sight adjustments on the move. He plays the game with energy and a swagger, going 100 mph at all times. He caught a ton of balls for Minnesota, and, had he not suffered the foot injury, he would have been much more talked about and highly rated. With that in mind, he'll probably come off the board a little later than his athleticism and production may indicate, and whichever team brings Decker into the fold will probably be getting a great bargain.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Charlie Casserly giving us props for this pick. Also mocking Jamie Dukes hatred for the Broncos. A good 10 seconds.

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow. Love this pick. What a value at this point in the draft.

Tomeboy58801
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I was listening to Sirius radio the other day and Larry Fitzgerald was bragging about the hands and toughness of this kid. He apparently attended the same camp as Fitz. He also thought he was one of the best WR in the draft.

Crushisback
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Cause most people here are dumb fags.

This.

Mediator12
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
DEN got 2 of the top 3 WR's in this draft IMHO. I love both of these guys pro game potential. And yes, both of them are excellent run blockers....

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Eric Decker is #7... #87 is available. I see that happening.

Elway777
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Decker is a good receiver but would rather have Andre Roberts because he could play the slot and return kicks. I also hope Decker does not choose baseball.

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Charlie Casserly giving us props for this pick. Also mocking Jamie Dukes hatred for the Broncos. A good 10 seconds.

To be fair. In 2008 Dukes was in love with the Broncos and always defending them vs Rod Woodson. Completely in love with Clady, Royal, and Cutler.

gyldenlove
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
I like the guy, not sure I understand the pick that much, this does seem a little like an insurance pick, we want to make sure we hit a good big WR so we draft a couple and one will probably pan out.

broncolife
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
To be fair. In 2008 Dukes was in love with the Broncos and always defending them vs Rod Woodson. Completely in love with Clady, Royal, and Cutler.

kind of like Steve Young who seems like he hates us now. I thought Tom Jackson was going to rip his head off yesterday

Mogulseeker
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I was going to start a similar thread.

I've got a good feeling about him. I think we have the next Ed McCaffery.

Highest wonderlic score of any player, not just WR.

Best pick so far.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM

Best pick so far.

http://www.chrkcheung.com/images/misc/facepalm.gif

listopencil
Hmm. Thomas, Royal and Decker in the future? Could be pretty good.

Elway777

Best pick so far. Thomas also had a high score. I guess the Broncos will have the smartest wide receiver core in football.

dsmoot
04-23-2010, 08:58 PM

Reminds one alot of Ed McCaffrey. He certainly looks fearless like Ed. I hope he has that deceptive ability to get open like Ed did.

Mogulseeker
04-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Thomas also had a high score. I guess the Broncos will have the smartest wide receiver core in football.

Tebow had a wonderlic score that was above-average for a an NFL player, but relatively low for a QB. He actually had the lowest score of any player we took.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Reminds one alot of Ed McCaffrey. He certainly looks fearless like Ed. I hope he has that deceptive ability to get open like Ed did.

200+ receptions in college says thats more than likely true.

:Broncos:

Bronco Boy
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Tebow had a wonderlic score that was above-average for a an NFL player, but relatively low for a QB. He actually had the lowest score of any player we took.

Tebow got a 22. Favre got a 22. Clearly they will have similar careers.

Bronco Boy
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM

Those are just things people say about white WR's. Decker wasn't deceptive at all, he was double covered most of his last two years. He just has speed and great hands.

gyldenlove
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Thomas also had a high score. I guess the Broncos will have the smartest wide receiver core in football.

Decker and Thomas were the two highest scoring WRs in the wonderlic, 43 for Decker and 34 for Thomas. Royal is known to be pretty bright so we should be able to do some really advanced stuff.

Popps
04-23-2010, 09:03 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx9WWaKQk5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx9WWaKQk5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Intangibles = 1

Excellent work ethic and respected team leader. Puts team first and willing to play with pain. Two-time academic All-Big Ten selection and recorded highest Wonderlic Score (43) at the Combine. A dual sport athlete that played baseball at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:state w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:state></st1:place>.
<o:p> </o:p>
Competitiveness/Toughness = 1<o:p></o:p>
Attacks the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him. Fearless going across the middle and can hang onto the ball after taking a big hit. Does an excellent job of working his way back to the QB after initial play breaks down. Doesn't always sustain long enough but works hard to cover up defenders in the run game. Big receiver with a strong upper body (19 reps). Flashes a mean streak.

Second straight pick we've heard that about. (Almost word for word.)

Talented, team-oriented players. Very refreshing.

Ray Finkle
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
DEN got 2 of the top 3 WR's in this draft IMHO. I love both of these guys pro game potential. And yes, both of them are excellent run blockers....

I have read that Thomas is not the good blocker and have read that he is....what gives?

So far Med, how do you rate the talent they have drafted? What would you like to see them hit tomorrow? Any chance if Morrison is traded, he is cut and comes to Denver?

cutthemdown
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like Broncos rebuilt the WR..errrrrrr Oh wait that's right they have to play still.

Broncos are really young at that spot now. 2 young rookies, a 3rd yr players in Royal, then a bunch of vets probably not in long term plans.

barryr
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Obviously McDaniels wants players who think of team first and I have no problem with that at all.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Looks like Broncos rebuilt the WR..errrrrrr Oh wait that's right they have to play still.

Broncos are really young at that spot now. 2 young rookies, a 3rd yr players in Royal, then a bunch of vets probably not in long term plans.

Which is perfect. Stokely and Gaffney can stick around long enough to teach. Clearly Stokely has done this before.

Mogulseeker
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Tebow got a 22. Favre got a 22. Clearly they will have similar careers.

Is an example of a logical fallacy of accident.

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I watched more than a few Minnesota games this year and loved how he played. So when I saw his name and our logo next to it I was very happy. This guys is a football player which is continuing with the theme of the draft. Solid good guys who can line up and play football.

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
I love the Decker pick. He was on all of my dream draft lists. :thumbs:

Cosmo
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Starting to really love this pick. When he got hit in the face and still held onto the ball, OMG!

Soul-Bronco
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Guy played in a triple option on college , and he cant block? Lol, get off the meds

DarkHorse
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey let's not forget about Kenny McKinley - who I really like.

I'm very happy with this draft - even the Tebow pick has grown on me. If we can use him sparingly his first year (as his Freshman year was) I think he'll pay off big time for us. Think 3rd and short, goal line, etc.... I'm starting to dig it.

Plus, i'm a REAL Broncos fan. Regardless of who suits up, I support the team 100%.

TotallyScrewed
04-23-2010, 09:31 PM
"...has the size and vertical to win jump balls. Brings in poorly thrown passes anywhere in his vicinity."

Perhaps best and most needed quality.

I hope he recovers quickly from the foot injury.

I'm totally shocked that there isn't any help for the LB's. Maybe there's some diamond in the rough to be had in rounds 5 and 6. Hope so.

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
This is my favorite pick value wise. He can probably contribute right off the bat. I'll be interested to see if either of the two interior lineman can play right away. We need at least one of them to start. Beadles and his 36 wonderlick obviously has the brains to learn quickly. I love that we took guys with high intelligence and work ethic. That always bodes well.

Kaylore
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
We got two of the best traffic receivers in the draft. Solid first two days.

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm totally shocked that there isn't any help for the LB's. Maybe there's some diamond in the rough to be had in rounds 5 and 6. Hope so.

I think we are good at LB. They obviously released Davis in order to open a spot up for Ayers. Haggan slides inside, where he should be decent. Dumervil, DJ, and Ayers are all very talented and make for what I believe will be a strong group. I wish we could have gotten a DL, though. I really was hoping we'd get Cody. But we look much better there anyway with the three FA signings.

Drek
04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Decker is a good receiver but would rather have Andre Roberts because he could play the slot and return kicks. I also hope Decker does not choose baseball.

"I'm very excited about the opportunity I have with the Broncos," Decker said. "I can't wait to get to Denver, start learning the playbook and get to work."

"Right now my talent is probably better suited to football because I haven't played as much baseball, so baseball is more of a back-up plan.

"My total focus is on football. I want us to have a great year my senior year and we'll see what happens."

Sounds like he's choosing football.

barryr
04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
The team needs some depth at LB, but obviously are content with the starting group to have gone in a different direction in the first 3 rounds.

TotallyScrewed
04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
We'll see but my first reaction is he's tough and hangs on to the ball but the down side is he doesn't get away from anyone either. He may catch an average of 8 balls a game for 35 yards.

Mediator12
04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
We'll see but my first reaction is he's tough and hangs on to the ball but the down side is he doesn't get away from anyone either. He may catch an average of 8 balls a game for 35 yards.

No, he creates seperation just fine. He averaged over 15 yards a catch last year. Plus, he can play the slot or outside. He has a lot of versatility.

cutthemdown
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey let's not forget about Kenny McKinley - who I really like.

I'm very happy with this draft - even the Tebow pick has grown on me. If we can use him sparingly his first year (as his Freshman year was) I think he'll pay off big time for us. Think 3rd and short, goal line, etc.... I'm starting to dig it.

Plus, i'm a REAL Broncos fan. Regardless of who suits up, I support the team 100%.

Yep. It's all about whose wearing the uniform. We gotta give Tebow a chance to shed some blood on the field. What do you bet in a couple yrs he's a fan favorite somehow,

Most of the board hated the Scheffler pick in 2nd round, then loved him for doing little, then got pissed when he got traded. Fans are fickle but real fans just love the team no matter what.

We will stick it out brother and one day we will be back. Then we can call the weak fans who flock back a bunch of weak ass bandwagoners.

Most of these people bailing are people who became fans around the time the Broncos switched logos. Good riddance we can get back tot he real fans.

Any long time fans bailing on the team? Shame on them man we don't bail on the Broncos.

Majik
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Decker is a gamer, super tough. He torched my Badgers for 140 yards on 8 catches last season. Great hands in traffic.

Broncobiv
04-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Both of our WR draftees throw the ball left-handed...weird.

Is that an advantage at all on trick plays?

Jekyll15Hyde
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I think we are good at LB. They obviously released Davis in order to open a spot up for Ayers. Haggan slides inside, where he should be decent. Dumervil, DJ, and Ayers are all very talented and make for what I believe will be a strong group. I wish we could have gotten a DL, though. I really was hoping we'd get Cody. But we look much better there anyway with the three FA signings.

Ayers is now playing ILB? Really?

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Ayers is now playing ILB? Really?

Um, no. The idea being to slide Haggan over to Davis' spot (Haggan has experience at ILB), thus opening an OLB spot for Ayers.

Hamrob
04-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Good pick...possession receiver.

DenverBrit
04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Nice little review from his coach...ex Bronco TE coach, Brewster.

College coach raves about Decker
April, 23, 2010

11:35
PM ET

By Bill Williamson

Englewood, Co. -- I just got off the phone with University of Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster.

Brewster, who formerly coach tight ends for the Broncos, believes Denver got one of the steals of the draft when they took Gophers receiver Eric Decker at No. 87.

He is the most complete college player Ive ever been around, Brewster said. I was around Ricky Williams at Texas. But this kid is the full package. He does everything right. He blocks, he runs, he catches . Hes the real deal.

Brewster has coached in the NFL with Denver and San Diego. He said there is no doubt Decker will make the transition.

I have no worries about that, Brewster said. Josh McDaniels just did the Denver Broncos a very big favor.

DefensiveBehavior
04-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Now lets see if that bum knoshow moreno can break atleast 1 run over 7 yards this season,but doubtful

snowspot66
04-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Now lets see if that bum knoshow moreno can break atleast 1 run over 7 yards this season,but doubtful

You are one big ****ing tool aren't you. A thread about Decker and you bring up that bull**** about Moreno?

broncocalijohn
04-24-2010, 01:37 AM
I love this guy! He is white, handsome and is left handed. He reminds me of me! :)

Mogulseeker
04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Um, no. The idea being to slide Haggan over to Davis' spot (Haggan has experience at ILB), thus opening an OLB spot for Ayers.

Great idea. I was calling for that last season. Maybe Ayers wasn't ready. He will be now.

I love this guy! He is white, handsome and is left handed. He reminds me of me! :)

Hey now, Decker clearly resembles my likeness.

I was talking to a Minnesota kid at a bar today - he was thoroughly convinced that "Eric Decker is the next Reggie Wayne." Don't see the comparison though.

Drek
04-24-2010, 06:09 AM
I was talking to a Minnesota kid at a bar today - he was thoroughly convinced that "Eric Decker is the next Reggie Wayne." Don't see the comparison though.

I can.

Wayne isn't a downfield burner, he's a 5-15 yard assassin who always catches the ball with his hands and never breaks stride. CBs never know where he's going to take them, but when he cuts he cuts hard and if you give him one step extra he'll be turning down field on you quick.

I know people like to say "next Eddie Mac!" because he's white. But Eddie Mac was a straight line guy who attacked the intermediate to deep parts of the field. He specialized in those over the shoulder stretching out catches for big yards. That is the vision every Broncos fan should have of McCaffery, him going deep over the middle and catching a perfectly thrown bomb from Elway that doesn't require Eddie to even break stride.

That is not Decker's game. He might be able to do a similar thing but it isn't his strong suit. He's more quick than fast. Ideal world you put him into a package like what Marshall played in last year where he's running every kind of come back and slant route you can think of in the 5-15 yard zone. He creates real good separation on his first move and is a natural at catching the ball with his hands in stride and looking for YAC. He's a steal at where we got him and should develop into a perfect complimentary receiver to Thomas and Royal.

Taco John
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM

Making fun of people's handicaps gets you a vacation, and eventually expelled. You've been warned on this many times. Your warning have run out.

Archer81
04-25-2010, 09:21 PM
He has nice nipples. Therefore, I am ok with him being a Bronco.

This gay moment brought to you by the Lavender Mafia. Encouraging a more velvet world...today.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
That is the vision every Broncos fan should have of McCaffery, him going deep over the middle and catching a perfectly thrown bomb from Elway that doesn't require Eddie to even break stride.

Along these lines, I'll never forget the catch he made at Oakland in 2002.

Wasn't Elway of course, but it was deep down the middle and overthrown maybe 3-4 yards. Eddie eeked out all the speed he could muster, then stretched and dove for a fingertip catch.

Wish I could find that on video.

Bronco Yoda
04-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Decker scored the highest wonderlic of any draftee this year (43 pts).

Demaryius Thomas didn't do bad either scoring #10 (34).

We got two smart WR's in the draft.