PDA

View Full Version : schefter on broncos draft....(for all you tebow haters)

Aftermath
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
"Denver went into Thursday with a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd -- and came out with two 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds, and the two players it wanted."

win / win in my opinion

broncosteven
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Did he give Chipoltle 8 out of 10 "footballs" for their chicken taco's?

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
"Denver went into Thursday with a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd -- and came out with two 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds, and the two players it wanted."

win / win in my opinion
Mayock just said the same thing; how impressed he was with the Broncos manipulating the board to exit day with 2 1st round selections (the players they clearly wanted) and still have their entire draft in place.

Archer81
Mmm...tacos. I know what I'm having for dinner.

:Broncos:

TheDave
I have absolutely no problem with the way they manuvered in the draft... I'm just not too sure about the players they drafted once the maneuvering was finished.

TheReverend
04-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I have absolutely no problem with the way they manuvered in the draft... I'm just not too sure about the players they drafted once the maneuvering was finished.

Thomas I'm meh on... but I love the Tebow pick SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

1. We get the guy the entire NFL is scared of. He's a winner with all the measurables and intangibles and work ethic but he has major flaws with his footwork, throwing motion, making reads, and more. Crazy enigma that's on our side.

2. Josh's balls are the size of Antarctica. He looks at this guy and says, "I can make this special", and he's so convinced of it, he moves up to make certain he gets him. Narcissism and confidence on that level you KNOW I'm going to love.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Yeah, but those were clearly the players they were after, so the maneuvering doesn't take place if those aren't the players.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
2. Josh's balls are the size of Antarctica. He looks at this guy and says, "I can make this special", and he's so convinced of it, he moves up to make certain he gets him. Narcissism and confidence on that level you KNOW I'm going to love.

All the swapping in the first round was designed around getting Tebow. You're right, it takes balls to pull it of though.

My favorite quote so far is from Tebow's agent: "The Broncos are the most honest organization out there".

go_broncos
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Schefter will not criticize broncos even if they gave away the entire draft picks for Tim Tebow.

Aftermath
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
i just love the fact that we got 2 highly talented players in the first round and still have 3 picks today.... and i honestly think that denver is the BEST team that tebow could have gone to. McD can teach this kid everything and Tebow is probably one of the easiest kids to teach.

gyldenlove
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Thomas I'm meh on... but I love the Tebow pick SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

1. We get the guy the entire NFL is scared of. He's a winner with all the measurables and intangibles and work ethic but he has major flaws with his footwork, throwing motion, making reads, and more. Crazy enigma that's on our side.

1. I don't know how scared they are seeing as how none of them wanted him that badly and how much work he has to do just become a passable player.

2. Dude who jump off high-rises with capes also have huge balls, that doesn't mean it is a good decision, just a brave one. I am not saying Mcdaniels will faceplant into the concreate at 200 Mph, but brave decisions are definitely not always smart.

Kid A
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Schefter will not criticize broncos even if they gave away the entire draft picks for Tim Tebow.

That's not the point. Criticize the players we chose all you want, but the fact remains we gained picks in the top 100 and got two players we were targeting. It was impressive maneuvering.

55CrushEm
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
i just love the fact that we got 2 highly talented players in the first round and still have 3 picks today.... and i honestly think that denver is the BEST team that tebow could have gone to. McD can teach this kid everything and Tebow is probably one of the easiest kids to teach.

That's a great way to look at it.....one of the best young teachers in the NFL + one of the most coachable players in the draft = what should be very good things.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Have you only been a Broncos fan for the last 6 months?

Old Dude
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM

Well, actually we lost a 4th in the process, so it was really a matter of moving one pick up one round, but his point still stands.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
1. I don't know how scared they are seeing as how none of them wanted him that badly and how much work he has to do just become a passable player.

2. Dude who jump off high-rises with capes also have huge balls, that doesn't mean it is a good decision, just a brave one. I am not saying Mcdaniels will faceplant into the concreate at 200 Mph, but brave decisions are definitely not always smart.
People who jump off buildings wearing sheets are dumb, not brave.

Getting 2 first round players who you wanted and losing essentially no picks to do it is both brave and impressive.

BigPlayShay
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I am more excited about what Tebow can bring in the short term in short yardage and goaline, where we were terrible last year, then I am in the long term prospects. He can be a weapon in those situations with the threat of the run or the pass. Defenses will have to account for him. That being said, under McDaniels Tom Brady took his game to another level, so did Orton, and what he did with Cassel, a dude that didn't start a game since High School cannot be ignored. There is some hope in the long term that McD can work some magic with Tebow.

TonyR
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't know how scared they are seeing as how none of them wanted him that badly and how much work he has to do just become a passable player.

I think several teams "wanted him", or were at least intrigued or interested, but they weren't brave enough, or perhaps stupid enough, to take him in the 1st.

eddie mac
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM

He criticised the trade up last year for Smith. He criticised the organisation over both the Cutler and Marshall issues.

RaiderH8r
04-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I've been arguably the most critical of McKid's BS since he touched down and hacked off Cutler but yesterday's maneuvers, picks aside, were very well executed. We can talk about the players he chose elsewhere but I don't know if you can make much of an argument against the way he worked the board.

TheReverend
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM

1. Let's take a hard look at it though. We know he's a worker. We know he doesn't have to step in and play every down right away. He'll get snaps in practice and have certain packages designed to utilize what he can bring to the table immediately and it will aid in his development and slow the pro game down for him and make him more comfortable.

2. Dude who jumps off high-rises with a cape still has balls that should be respected.

BowlenBall
04-23-2010, 02:05 PM
After the dust has settled from the 1st round... I'm pretty impressed. They didn't take the players I wanted, but they did work the board quite well, and came away with two of the players they wanted without sacrificing their day 2/3 picks.

Makes me proud to be a Broncos fan.

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2010, 02:10 PM

Why should Schefter criticize the Broncos when the Broncos have "fans" like you?

'nuff said.

Chris
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
After the dust has settled from the 1st round... I'm pretty impressed. They didn't take the players I wanted, but they did work the board quite well, and came away with two of the players they wanted without sacrificing their day 2/3 picks.

Makes me proud to be a Broncos fan.

Did they televise this in Abu Dhabi? Would love to see the Broncos play a game in some Zaha Hadid constructed mega stadium.

Play2win
04-23-2010, 02:19 PM
This has all the makings for a fierce QB competition in Training Camp and Pre-Season. Should be a blast to watch.

Sodak
04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I like all of the Confucianisms.

Here's mine.

"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day."

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I've been arguably the most critical of McKid's BS since he touched down and hacked off Cutler but yesterday's maneuvers, picks aside, were very well executed. We can talk about the players he chose elsewhere but I don't know if you can make much of an argument against the way he worked the board.

This. That trade back into the 1st usually requires a future #1 to make it happen, he pulled it off without having to.

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, actually we lost a 4th in the process, so it was really a matter of moving one pick up one round, but his point still stands.

We got a 4th in the first trade.

mhgaffney
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
This has all the makings for a fierce QB competition in Training Camp and Pre-Season. Should be a blast to watch.

This.

Let no one say the Broncos are bow-ring.

DarkHorse30
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day."

I can't stop laugh:sunshine:ing.....