PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson rips Tim Tebow pick: "Denver panicked"

Ambiguous
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
NFL owners aren't usually in the business of critiquing other teams' draft picks. But Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson ripped the Denver Broncos today for their decision to draft Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

"Denver panicked,'' Wilson said. "He's a good player but we had no interest in taking Tebow. We were not moving up to take Tebow."

There was a belief in some quarters that the Broncos picked Tebow where they did in part because the Denver brain trust thought the Bills were looking to move up and take Tebow. But Bills G.M. Buddy Nix said that wasn't true, and now Wilson has said it even more forcefully.

Wilson also praised the player the Bills did take, Clemson running back C.J. Spiller.

"I think he was the best player in the draft,'' Wilson said. "We've been dull for 10 years . . . no excitement. We've got to create some excitement.''

When it's time to negotiate a contract, Spiller's agent may remind Wilson that he thought Spiller was the best player in the draft.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Yup. Draft day rumors just appear in a vacuum.

And yes, Buffalo is dull...but its been alot longer than 10 years.

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
There's only one thing Ralph Wilson understands: 4321~

lostknight
04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, there is more then a little egg on their face if it gets out they were after Tebow.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
"I think he was the best player in the draft,'' Wilson said. "We've been dull for 10 years . . . no excitement. We've got to create some excitement.''

Probably not the most convincing support of the argument NOT to take Tebow. He doesn't even realize that by saying this, he's actually admitting that they WERE probably looking to take him. Seriously. Is Spiller getting anywhere near the juice that Tebow is right now in the media or among the fans? Not even close.

SonOfLe-loLang
i dont believe this for a millisecond

B-Love
Wilson had more to say but he choked on his wheat germ.

chex
04-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Going off my years of fantasy drafting, the only time I say things like that is when I get skunked out of a guy picking before me, so this cinches it that the Bills were looking to take him.

Mogulseeker
04-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't think they panicked. It seems like the Broncos had a good idea who they wanted and when they were going to take him.

go_broncos
I said it before..Our front office has no patience..If they get a hint about a player being taken by a team, they panic and give away draft picks.
It happened last year and this year.
It's time for Bowlen to hire a GM.
Mcd should just concentrate on coaching.

sisterhellfyre
"Denver panicked,'' Wilson said. "He's a good player but we had no interest in taking Tebow. We were not moving up to take Tebow."

Sure, Ralph. And the grapes were sour, too.

JPEZ
Denver couldn't hear what Ralph Wilson was saying cause they have two Lombardi Trophies plugging their ears!

Archer81
04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I said it before..Our front office has no patience..If they get a hint about a player being taken by a team, they panic and give away draft picks.

Again. Shut up.

Seriously.

Meck77
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Go choke on a wing wilson. We obviously got his man.

go broncos...Your name just doesn't fit your personality.

SonOfLe-loLang
I dont see how they "panicked" when it seemed like they knew exactly what they were gonna do from go. Didnt they tell tebow's agent their plan exactly?

go_broncos
Again. Shut up.

Seriously.

because you didn't like what i said..It is a fact..our front office overvalue a player and then gives away draft picks.

go_broncos
04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I dont see how they "panicked" when it seemed like they knew exactly what they were gonna do from go. Didnt they tell tebow's agent their plan exactly?

What meant is that Denver moved up thinking that Buffalo is going to get Tebow.
It's easy to fool denver's front office..

PRBronco
Ralph Wilson gives me the ****ing creeps. He always reminds me of that dude in Hannibal, the old rich one in a wheelchair with the ****ed up face.

SonOfLe-loLang
because you didn't like what i said..It is a fact..our front office overvalue a player and then gives away draft picks.

The only thing you've been over the last 36 hours is a whiny bitch. And youre absolutely so wrong on this point it hurts. IT WAS ALWAYS IN THE PLAN TO DO EXACTLY THIS.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM

Buffalo wanted him, you actually believe they didnt? Fact, we werent getting tebow at 43. We needed to move up to get him.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Dude....they traded down TWICE yesterday. That kills any pretend argument you might have about them having no patience.

Inkana7
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM

No, it's not a fact.

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 01:02 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!

The lament of the losers is sweet. I don't believe a word of this, they have to put on the brave face since we schooled them.

edgemyster
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Without more evidence, I don't buy it. Sounds more like he's bitter that he didn't get his player that Jim Kelly wine n' dined. Otherwise, seems out of character for a NFL team president to take an unnecessary jab at Denver.

Meanwhile, he goes on to explain the very reason WHY Tebow would have been a justifiable pick for them based on his stated concern, "I think he [CJ Spiller] was the best player in the draft,'' Wilson said. "We've been dull for 10 years . . . no excitement. We've got to create some excitement.''

Spiller clearly wasn't considered the best player in the draft by most which shows the emphasis the Bills put on creating excitement. So Tim Tebow doesn't potentially bring that excitement? Just reading between the lines...

Archer81
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM

Because what you posted is not worth the time it took you to type it and post it.

You waste time regurgitating the same nonsense. The only thing you change is how you present it.

And the value we gave to Balt to move back into the first round was exactly what we got in return to move up.

So.

Shut up.

Seriously.

Smiling Assassin27
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Yup. Draft day rumors just appear in a vacuum.

And yes, Buffalo is dull...but its been alot longer than 10 years.

In the dictionary, under the word 'dull', there is a picture of Ralph Wilson. He fits both the 'boring and unexciting' definition as well as the secondary definition of 'slow to learn or understand'.

dull----> http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:kjrIZCTFHExj1M:http://www.buffalorising.com/assets_c/2008/12/wilson-thumb-505xauto-285.jpg

tsiguy96
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Without more evidence, I don't buy it. Sounds more like he's bitter that he didn't get his player that Jim Kelly wine n' dined. Otherwise, seems out of character for a NFL team president to take an unnecessary jab at Denver.

Meanwhile, he goes on to explain the very reason WHY Tebow would have been a justifiable pick for them based on his stated concern, "I think he [CJ Spiller] was the best player in the draft,'' Wilson said. "We've been dull for 10 years . . . no excitement. We've got to create some excitement.''

Spiller clearly wasn't considered the best player in the draft by most which shows the emphasis the Bills put on creating excitement. So Tim Tebow doesn't potentially bring that excitement? Just reading between the lines...

yep, wilson absolutely wanted tebow, no question. denver is in the media once again, not for passing up bryant and taking thomas, but for their 2nd 1st round selection. they shoulda made a move, mcdaniels outdid them.

Flex Gunmetal
04-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Again. Shut up.

Seriously.

Yes. This fool is out of his element.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I've always been told its rude to tell someone to shut up, because opinions apparently have the same value...

But some people should just shut up.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Because what you posted is not worth the time it took you to type it and post it.

You waste time regurgitating the same nonsense. The only thing you change is how you present it.

And the value we gave to Balt to move back into the first round was exactly what we got in return to move up.

So.

Shut up.

Seriously.

yep, 776 to 776 on the draft chart

DomCasual
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Ralph Wilson is the same guy who said a few years ago that he voted with Mike Brown against the collective bargaining agreement because he didn't really understand it, and he thought Mike Brown typically had a good feel for that sort of thing.

So, yeah.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey Ralph....if you weren't interested at all...why would you even comment on it? Because you were.

ghwk
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Buffalo a team with so much success in the last decade and yet here is the owner being critical of Bowlen. WTF???

Archer81
04-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I do have respect for Ralph Wilson, trying to keep a team in that market up in Buffalo and generally being a good owner...

But sometimes you need to turn the reigns over and enjoy the dementia years.

Old Dude
04-23-2010, 01:16 PM
When you get right down to it, Denver entered yesterday's draft with a #1, two #2s, a #3 and a #4. At the end of the day, even if you assume that Tebow deserved to be picked no higher than the second round, Denver still came out of it having basically the same result, except with two 3rd round picks instead of a 3rd and a 4th

Makes even more sense if you think this team's top priority was a wide receiver. They had their pick of the litter and got the top guy on their board.

Say what you will about whether Denver picked the best guys available at the positions or had bigger positional needs. Fact is that they got who they wanted and still came out of it with a slightly improved drafting position for the second day. (two 3rds instead of a 3rd and a 4th).

Few front offices are going to admit that they were outmanuevered, especially when they are probably going to have to draft a guy at the same position and get their fans excited about him.

bronco militia
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
someone let Ralph know that Buddy Nix is his General Manager

SportinOne
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
yep, wilson absolutely wanted tebow, no question. denver is in the media once again, not for passing up bryant and taking thomas, but for their 2nd 1st round selection. they shoulda made a move, mcdaniels outdid them.

I am not condoning the selection of Tebow. I personally feel that the three picks we spent to get him would have been better spent another way.

However, Ralph Wilson is so completely full of **** that his eyes are bleeding brown.

Imagine it. His big plan. He must have thought about it for weeks. He was going to get Spiller AND Tebow in the same draft.

Now he's just got a suck team with an overcrowded backfield.

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Buffalo wanted him. Why go that far if you didn't want him?

They asked Josh about McClain... He answered the question with "No".

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey Ralph....if you weren't interested at all...why would you even comment on it? Because you were.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Br0nc0Buster
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
When you get right down to it, Denver entered yesterday's draft with a #1, two #2s, a #3 and a #4. At the end of the day, even if you assume that Tebow deserved to be picked no higher than the second round, Denver still came out of it having basically the same result, except with two 3rd round picks instead of a 3rd and a 4th

Makes even more sense if you think this team's top priority was a wide receiver. They had their pick of the litter and got the top guy on their board.

Say what you will about whether Denver picked the best guys available at the positions or had bigger positional needs. Fact is that they got who they wanted and still came out of it with a slightly improved drafting position for the second day. (two 3rds instead of a 3rd and a 4th).

Few front offices are going to admit that they were outmanuevered, especially when they are probably going to have to draft a guy at the same position and get their fans excited about him.

this is how I view it and I think Mayock also commented on it
we really manuvered through the draft quite well and still got the guys we were targetting
now whether these guys pan our or not is yet to be determined, but their strategy was really nice

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Of course they were...this is just an attempt @ face saving.

He should be boasting about forcing Denver's hand solely through rumors, but he's much too senile for that.

SportinOne
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM

This is where I'm a little confused. Was Thomas REALLY the best WR in this draft? And even if he was, was he that much better than the next few guys that he would warrant the 22nd overall pick? I guess we'll see, i just think that even if it is a down year for WRs, why not just get a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who is almost as good and spend that top pick on a different position of need.

RMT
04-23-2010, 01:27 PM

go_broncos ... go_away

Irish Stout
04-23-2010, 01:27 PM

WE HAVE A GM, his name is Xanders, and I for one think he is doing an incredibly exciting job. Can't say its good or bad, but sheeeeeeeeeat, I love this ride!

Flex Gunmetal
04-23-2010, 01:30 PM
WE HAVE A GM, his name is Xanders, and I for one think he is doing an incredibly exciting job. Can't say its good or bad, but sheeeeeeeeeat, I love this ride!

Dude is a moron.

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I do have respect for Ralph Wilson, trying to keep a team in that market up in Buffalo and generally being a good owner...

But sometimes you need to turn the reigns over and enjoy the dementia years.

Hilarious! That was good.

Really, Ralph. If want some excitement, move the Bills to L.A. ;D

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe Denver Panicked but Ralph Wilson is lying about the rest. Guess he is trying to ease things over if they try to pick Clausen.

supermanhr9
04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Going off my years of fantasy drafting, the only time I say things like that is when I get skunked out of a guy picking before me, so this cinches it that the Bills were looking to take him.

Exactly. I never "wanted" the players that were taken before I got my pick.

ColoradoBuff
04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Go choke on a wing wilson. We obviously got his man.

go broncos...Your name just doesn't fit your personality.

^
this! and if Ralph needs more excitement around the Bills....trade for Big Ben, he his sure to bring excitement!

eddie mac
04-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Tebow would've doubled Buffalo's merchandise sales in one season. Who the **** is Wilson trying to kid???

Br0nc0Buster
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
This is where I'm a little confused. Was Thomas REALLY the best WR in this draft? And even if he was, was he that much better than the next few guys that he would warrant the 22nd overall pick? I guess we'll see, i just think that even if it is a down year for WRs, why not just get a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who is almost as good and spend that top pick on a different position of need.

Thomas is the most talented receiver in the draft

had he played in an passing offense there is a good chance he would of been a top 10 pick

he has rare talent

MVPlaya
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
lol the Bills have their football organization model all screwed up. The got Spiller because they think he'll sell tickets. They're more worried about ticket sales than anything else - they needed to get an OL they're desperately lacking.

This is the same team they admitted to signing T.O. so they can sell more tickets, not win games.

lol - why take a stab at McDaniels if he didn't do anything to affect you? OBviously - he did.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Thomas is the most talented receiver in the draft

had he played in an passing offense there is a good chance he would of been a top 10 pick

he has rare talent

That the crazy part about it. GT was all about that crazy spread option. The Hokies couldn't freakin stop it.

Cool Breeze
04-23-2010, 02:18 PM
because what you posted is not worth the time it took you to type it and post it.

And the value we gave to balt to move back into the first round was exactly what we got in return to move up.

So.

Shut up.

Seriously.

:broncos:

this!!!

rastaman
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Again. Shut up.

Seriously.

No seriously.....you SHUT THE HELL UP!

Shoemaker
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM

Why should he?

He's actually contributing to the discussion by making calm, rational points.

He's also calling out go_broncos for doing the opposite: saying the same thing over and over, which doesn't add to the discussion at all-especially when its saying things like "McD sucks. The franchise is ruined. We need to hire a real GM," which are hyperbolic statements that are not proven or true.

Bronco Yoda
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
yep, 776 to 776 on the draft chart

According to NFL network it was 725 to 776

Popps
04-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, look... if there's been a model of efficiency in the NFL, it's been the Buffalo Bills.

So, we should take this very seriously.

Dogsweat
04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Tebow is pure football, and he is worth a pick.

Ralphie Boy should move his team to Toronto ASAP.

Old Dude
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Not to mention that this will be worth at least one South Park episode!

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM

No doubt. Ha! I can't wait.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM

New Tebow statue next to the one of Elway

Baba Booey
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Haha OK Ralph

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 03:01 PM
According to NFL network it was 725 to 776

I believe you are right Yoda. Last night NFL.com was showing that we swapped 4th round picks for a small difference (10 points). Today it shows that we did in fact give up our 4th without a return pick.

GB is probably going on the same info that I saw last night thus the 51 point difference.

Houshyamama
04-23-2010, 03:14 PM
I believe you are right Yoda. Last night NFL.com was showing that we swapped 4th round picks for a small difference (10 points). Today it shows that we did in fact give up our 4th without a return pick.

GB is probably going on the same info that I saw last night thus the 51 point difference.

I'm okay with this, just means we don't have to pay the ridiculous salary @ #11.

What is the projected difference in salary between #11 and #22?

sixtimeseight
04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I just feel sorry for the Bills' fans, because much like Raiders' fans, they are very good, die-hard fans saddled with an owner that the game passed by two decades ago, yet refuses to give up control and/or die.

SJ Bronco
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Ralph has foot in mouth disease.... even if he turns out to be right, he's better off keeping quiet there.

mhgaffney
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Buff aside,

there was a serious chance (as a fan from the twin cities explained yesterday) that the Vikes would grab Tebow late in the first..

azbroncfan
04-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Here you go Ralph W and your wide right BS.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTxHuUGG_2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTxHuUGG_2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Drek
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM

He's definitely the best deep threat WR in this draft class. Very good hands and better speed than all the other top WRs except Tate who doesn't have his hands or ball awareness.

You can argue that Dez Bryant is a better WR because he's more polished and proven, but Thomas is a better athletic talent.

Don't forget, Clavin Johnson went to the same school and played in the same offensive system. He didn't have much in the way of growing pains coming into the NFL.

From a raw athleticism standpoint Thomas is on par with Calvin and Andre Johnson. He's got a freakish size/speed combo and is the ideal guy to take the X WR role in our offense so we can move Royal to the slot where he belongs.

WABronco
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I tend to forget that Wilson is even alive still, until he pops up and says dumb ****...be it this or anything during the CBA's or about not understanding league rules that are being voted on.

Paladin
04-23-2010, 04:38 PM
This message is hidden because go_broncos is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

STFU you whiney, sniveling little poppycock.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Original.

I bet you struggled for hours to craft this literary masterpiece. I wish to thank you for showing me that the tradition of Shakespeare, Keats, Shelly, Longfellow, Hemingway and Woulk is not dead.

Huzzah.

****tard.

go_broncos
04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
This message is hidden because go_broncos is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

STFU you whiney, sniveling little poppycock.

if you want to ignore..ignore me..no need to bitch.you..f.ker

Archer81
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
if you want to ignore..ignore me..no need to b****.you..f.ker

You can type out ****er. Unless you lack testicular fortitude as well as common sense.

go_broncos
04-23-2010, 04:48 PM
You can type out ****er. Unless you lack testicular fortitude as well as common sense.

don't want to argue with you.good luck and enjoy the draft

Victor
04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Ralph Wilson is like 95 years old. They wheel him out of the home once a year. He doesn't know a Tebow from an elbow.

BroncoBuff
04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Why should he?

He's actually contributing to the discussion by making calm, rational points.

Rational in your mind maybe.

Besides, you're just wrong there ... sirhc told HIM to shut up first.

He's also calling out go_broncos for doing the opposite: saying the same thing over and over, which doesn't add to the discussion at all-especially when its saying things like "McD sucks. The franchise is ruined. We need to hire a real GM," which are hyperbolic statements that are not proven or true.

Obviously we do need a GM. Zane Beadles is as much or more a reach than Tebow was ...

Point here about Wilson, he was not the only Bills guy to deny interest in Tebow, their GM said the same thing. Plus, HELLO? If they actually had a pick before us, then maybe, but Josh was worried the Bills would trade up before we could? Somebody fed him phony info and he bit on it.

Look, Claussen lasted 'til #48, and McCoy is still on the board as we start the 3rd round. And yet, we TRADE UP to 25 for Tebow. Josh has no business running a war room at this stage of his career. None.

BroncoBuff
04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Ralph Wilson is like 95 years old. They wheel him out of the home once a year. He doesn't know a Tebow from an elbow.

GM said the same thing.

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Loving the Monday morning GM's. Loving the Drama Queens, Loving it all and will love laughing at people if these picks end up panning out.

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Obviously we do need a GM. Zane Beadles is as much or more a reach than Tebow was ...

Really? Mayock had him as #4 Interior O-Lineman (including both Centers and Guards). Does not sound like a reach to me in the 2nd round.

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 05:45 PM
GM said the same thing.

Of course they did because they got beat to the punch. GM's say things all the time do you just choose to believe it when it suits you and your detest of the pick and/or coach? Not picking a fight just asking the question is all.

Really? Mayock had him as #4 Interior O-Lineman (including both Centers and Guards). Does not sound like a reach to me in the 2nd round.

Its only a reach if you don't like McD. Of course it really was a solid pick as stated by Mayock and others.

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Seriously - anyone thinks they'd tell the truth? If I'm an owner or GM, I'm sure as hell not going to talk up some player that another team just drafted.

Pat Bowlen: "Really disappointed in the draft. Yeah - we got Tebow and Thomas. They aaaight. But we really wanted Rolando McClain. I'm so bummed we didn't get him. Woulda traded up, but the Raiders beat us to the punch."

The very fact that they even responded to the speculation tells me they were annoyed.

Merlin
04-23-2010, 05:56 PM
If they really felt they had a need for a QB they would have gone for Claussen in the 2nd. A QB with far better skills than Tebow, and he is more familiar with NFL type offenses. Further, the knock on Tebow is his ego, well it just got hit hard, and it is very likely he will learn from this. In fact, it is far easier for him to learn from this, than for Tebow to become a good (first round worthy) NFL QB. As to Beadles, he was projected to go in the 70s or lower. Another big reach in the draft. The past two yrs have demonstrated McD should only be allowed to state what he needs...he should be kept FAR from the draft itself.

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 05:56 PM
On NFL Network right now:

Zane Beadles can play 4 OL positions and can do it very well and was a very solid pick. But yeah it was a total stretch.

Victor
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Point here about Wilson, he was not the only Bills guy to deny interest in Tebow, their GM said the same thing. Plus, HELLO? If they actually had a pick before us, then maybe, but Josh was worried the Bills would trade up before we could? Somebody fed him phony info and he bit on it.

Look, Claussen lasted 'til #48, and McCoy is still on the board as we start the 3rd round. And yet, we TRADE UP to 25 for Tebow. Josh has no business running a war room at this stage of his career. None.

I think you're missing the point...just because Claussen or McCoy hadn't been picked is not a rationale not to pick someone you feel is a premier talent. They are unrelated. If the front office feels that Tebow is the one then they did the right thing. If Tebow bombs they will pay the price.

ton80
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Exactly. The Broncos basically used a 2nd and traded back twice to draft the guy they wanted in the 1st (probably in front of several team).

Props got to go to McDaniels and Co. for the way they maneuvered.

Merlin
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
He has got talent, but he was not expected to go anywhere near where we took him. BM clearly had skills, he did very well in some of the skills tests and did well in the senior bowl, but it would have been idiotic to pick him in the second, because no one was going to take him early. Picking players earlier than they should is a poor strategy in drafting.

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
On NFL Network right now:

Zane Beadles can play 4 OL positions and can do it very well and was a very solid pick. But yeah it was a total stretch.

He FOR SURE would have been there at 80. For sure. :wave:

theAPAOps5
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Some of the same people said McD should be fired for getting rid of Cutler called it stupid and made a bunch of ridiculous statements about how Chicago is already a contender. All Cutler did was get ANOTHER coach fired and look like crap throwing pathetic INT's, pouting, and proving that it was a good thing he no longer wore orange and blue.

so far McD got the Cutler thing right so far be it for me to judge him on Tebow because he has proven a lot "experts" here wrong there.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 06:07 PM

I'm going to go ahead and value Mayock's opinion a little more than yours on this one.

He's singing the praises of Xanders.

Drek
04-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Honestly Buff at this point you're just so consumed with your "McDaniels is too young to call the shots!" zealotry that you're beginning to become very obtuse to any and all moves.

I could explain to you how a team that actually didn't get trumped for their target doesn't come out with a long explanation about how they didn't really want that guy anyways. Or how early selection interior linemen are a system/personal preference deal where if you like your guy you better take him because someone else might like him just as much. I could go on.

But because McDaniels is a fairly young guy and the Goodmans left shortly after he started its all irrelevant. You won't even consider anything that isn't strongly in the vein of Josh not having a ****ing clue.

listopencil
04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
I'll throw this link in here too-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_QB

They had Tebow ranked as the 3rd QB, 36th overall, projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder-with his stock rising-at approx. 1 PM the day of the draft. Maybe not as much of a reach as you might think.

Circle Orange
04-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Isnt Ralph Wilson like, 1,000,000,000 years old? I heard the snow preserved him up there.

Even so, it's gonna be awkward while the Broncs thumb through their qb situation. Me, I ain't buying it. I think Tebow is a swerve that MacD wants to play at a "slash" position.

R8R H8R
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
My take on this is that it doesn't really matter to me whether the Bills or anyone else, for that matter, was going to trade up and get him. My view is that any team that needed a QB and thought that Tebow would eventually be a fit, should have jumped up and got him. That goes for the Bills, the Browns, and the Jax just to name three.

If I was a fan of any of these teams(perish the thought), I would be calling for the GM's head if I found out he didn't even try.

Good for MCD & X for having the huevos to ignore the public and media perception of the move, and being aggressive and getting their guy. Props to the FO!